Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Status Updates (COMPLETE)

Hierophant

Hey! I'd love to suggest something like a status update/current mood type of thing? I am a chronically ill and disabled user, and individually updating all of my partners when I have a health flare up and will be quiet/unable to get to responses is very tiring, and often not a possibility despite my best desire to do so.

It could be status updates, three at a time, or even just one, and when it was last updated ^_^ I just want something I can easily pop on my profile, and notifies my friends and those who look on my profile to my current status.
IF this would be implemented, I'd suggest a way to turn off getting notifications. I see that status update get hammered with nonsense pretty hard on other sites that have it.

(My own solution to this is just to use the free text in my profile description to put a 'Current Status' at the top when applicable.)
Kim Site Admin

Something in this realm is actually being actively worked on atm :)
Hierophant Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
Something in this realm is actually being actively worked on atm :)

Woooo!! I excitedly (and patiently) await it ^_^
Hierophant Topic Starter

Juls wrote:
IF this would be implemented, I'd suggest a way to turn off getting notifications. I see that status update get hammered with nonsense pretty hard on other sites that have it.

(My own solution to this is just to use the free text in my profile description to put a 'Current Status' at the top when applicable.)

Oh for sure lol, like any other notifications, the ability to mute/turn off is a good one.

Yeah, I like that idea, but unfortunately don't have the energy to individually edit my profile compared to making quick post. Good on you though <: thankyou for sharing!
Kim Site Admin

Just for posterity, this was officially announced yesterday: https://www.rprepository.com/community/news/877 :)
Hierophant Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
Just for posterity, this was officially announced yesterday: https://www.rprepository.com/community/news/877 :)

I saw!!! Thankyou so sososo much for this update <3 this really saves a lot of time, energy and stress for someone with unpredictable health/absenses like myself <3

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Status Updates (COMPLETE)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus