Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » I'll draw you for free and make a video. (Closed)

freebiewitz Topic Starter

Shinyrainbowlithogra wrote:
If you're still accepting requests, might I offer my character T'an'sdarkhld' for a drawing consideration? He's very smol and kind of grumpy. Has yoda-gremlin vibes I guess. Uuh, his backstory is something like, he used to be very powerful but went on the run for something, maybe? That part is kind of unclear, and then he sort of lost his memory and went a little crazy. But he's a nice enough guy and he loves to laugh! He often deals out coins to barkers and justice to criminals. :) His favorite food is... apple pie. Or jerky.
Is that good enough?

Oh um, appearance, yup. Has a cloak with a hood, keeps his head down, probably has slightly troll-like feet, but wears boots, maybe? and uhh, his sleeves are very... drapey. :P :D If you can see his face, I don't know what it looks like. He just has... very sharp eyes.

I will draw this character if you accept the risk of me horribly mispronouncing their name.
Amazing, thank you! It doesn't have much of a pronunciation. I think. So just,,, kinda,, go for it.
I watched your hanged man video it was awesome! I would love to see your take on Raine if you have time! No pressure its amazing that you do these!

Right as Raine! Rain puns!

Also yes, I forgot to link Hanged Man video here so uhh here we are.
The Hanged Man (played anonymously)

Thanks so much again, my dude! This is the coolest!
If you're still taking submissions, I'd love to do it! Draw me!

Tabitha Blackwell wrote:
If you're still taking submissions, I'd love to do it! Draw me!

A modern, non-fantastical character? I'm getting a good range of different types of folks.

I'll add her to the list.
Drake (played by TeenieCrown)

If this is still open, I'd love to throw my character into the ring.

Drake wrote:
If this is still open, I'd love to throw my character into the ring.

Ooooh, this guy has video game style stat page with +1 to stuff.
Or RPG character sheet which I suppose is more relevant considering where we are.

Consider Drake added to the pile!

On that note, closed! I have quite a few characters on my plate now.

The tooth fairy teaches kids a valuable lesson. That you can sell body parts for money.

Check out the fairy Ambria here.

Alternative names for Shade Waker:
Shadow Alarm
Dark Awake
Night Rouser

Check out the latest video here.
Woohoo! Looking very cool!
I watched some of your videos this weekend. I have to say that I enjoy your commentary and review of the characters you are drawing as much as watching you draw the characters themselves. This is a really awesome idea and I hope you'll continue to make that style of video. The other thing I liked was how you discussed how the character would function in a table top game like D&D as well as if they would be suitable for a LARP style game.

Tabitha Blackwell wrote:
I watched some of your videos this weekend. I have to say that I enjoy your commentary and review of the characters you are drawing as much as watching you draw the characters themselves. This is a really awesome idea and I hope you'll continue to make that style of video. The other thing I liked was how you discussed how the character would function in a table top game like D&D as well as if they would be suitable for a LARP style game.

I've always wanted to make a sort of talk show. Not quite a podcast and not quite a documentary talking about characters and where they can be used.

So when I started drawing again and realized people like having their own stuff drawn, it just worked out. While I do have my own characters, it felt more interesting to me to talk about characters that others had come up with.
I also loved your how to LARP series. I watched all of those last night. Comedy gold!

Tabitha Blackwell wrote:
I also loved your how to LARP series. I watched all of those last night. Comedy gold!

Glad you enjoyed that series.
So much work for such a small amount of footage. But if it makes people happy, then its worth it.

Naadia is like Nadia but smarter.
After all, it has an A plus.
Getit?

Check out the character here.

He's friendly, he's dark, he'll sell you all the stuff!
Just don't ask anyone to pronounce his last name.

Find out about the oddly mercantile, Ranger of the South here.

Don't rain/reign/rein on my parade.
Just watch the video.
Just got around to watching your video of my character finally, and I love it!! Thank you, he's so great in the pictures you drew. I really also appreciate the conversation/observations of my character, since I don't get those very often, and it was refreshing to hear some different perspective and opinions on him. Thanks once again, sir! :D Do you mind if I add a link to your profile or YouTube on T'an'sdarkhld's profile when I add the picture there, or would you rather just a normal artist credit? ^_^

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » I'll draw you for free and make a video. (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus