Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » What freaks you out in the dead of the night?

Spiders. Spiders, spiders, spiders. I HATE the little buggers. Even the tiniest little baby spider thing freaks me out. If I'm outside at night, either in my back or front yard, I usually run across some giant wolf spider watching me from the grass and yes THEY ARE WATCHING ME I KNOW IT. There's been a few in the house, and I kinda hop around until someone squashes them. And I know there's at least one loose in my room, 'cause I saw the giant sucker scuttle under my bookshelf, and just the thought of it walking around at night brings me close to tears.

AND THEN. And then, every summer, orb weavers set up shop in the front yard, and spin these massive webs stretching across the walkway and sometimes the driveway. I've walked into them more than once in the early morning or late at night, and I get sick to my stomach worrying if I knocked the spider onto my back or into my hair or somethin'. *shudders*

But noises, well, noises don't really freak me out at night. If I hear something while I'm in bed, I know it's either my cat gnawing on something in my room, some opossums running around in the attic, my parents walking around living room, or my sister's fish tank. If I hear something I don't recognize, I'm usually too sleepy to worry, and ignore it. 'course, there was that time I thought I heard La Llorona outside my window. Stayed wide awake the rest of the night. >_<
Tate

The only thing that freaks me out in the night are the roaches crawling on me.

Yeeeah, I've lived/still live in way too many awful places.
all these friggin ghosts in my room

rattling their chains

loud as crap
Fiaryn Topic Starter

Spiders, everywhere...living in the country I've seen some wolf spiders that just shouldn't exist D:

And yes, haunting as in visiting supposedly haunted places. Cemeteries, abandoned houses, those weird gravity-defying hills. There are some farmsteads in this area that have some pretty dark history, between the still-apparent violent racism of slavery and the underground railroad. Those are some angry tunnels.../:
Fiaryn Topic Starter

Masha wrote:
The only thing that freaks me out in the night are the roaches crawling on me.

Yeeeah, I've lived/still live in way too many awful places.

Bugs always make me shiver. Many sympathies on that one.
Fiaryn Topic Starter

The_Ross wrote:
all these friggin ghosts in my room

rattling their chains

loud as crap

This one is just creepy...if that's real then I am sorry /:
Fiaryn Topic Starter

Highjinx wrote:
Any time of day, I don't like large cornfields. Not a Children of the Corn phobia, just a general childhood lost-for-six-hours-in-a-million-acres experience that scared me for life lol.

Night time though... Hmmm. I don't know. I actually don't scare that easily (thank you, older siblings). A few nights ago I woke up to the neighbor's cats fighting at like 3:30AM. They were doing that possessed growling/meowing/oooooooh-long-tom-mrowrowrow thing. I was half asleep and my tired brain was like 'wtf is that?!' and I sat up pretty quick, trying to figure out where it was coming from lol.

Lol, animals. So rude sometimes. The corn field though...the year I saw Jeepers Creepers 2, our house was surrounded by corn. And more than that, I was still riding the school bus...the first one on in the morning, and the last one off (right around sunset). Honestly the main reason that movie is memorable to me xD
My dad use to live in a old 100 year old house that was haunted... I woke up one night and a blew glowing orb was floating up the steps outside my bed room door.
I do not mind spiders. I don;t mind them at all. I made a friend with one yesterday, he was about the size of a quarter, and he chilled out with me for breakfast. I named him Mr. Nancy. However I do mind roaches crawling on me, (like i will not sleep for the rest of the night that happens) and sounds that sound like someone is walking in my room. I have to have all the light completely covered or off in my room, all doors closed, windows blocked and all that. Even a shadow in the wrong place can look like some shadow being being poised to pounce on me. Sometimes my hair brushing against my ears make me think someone is touching me. I also get sleep paralysis. ):
PANGAEA

When my hamper is full and I turn out the lights and it makes this weird shape that I just can't get over. One day it's just gonna move and I'll probably jump out the window with my dog.
I randomly woke up one night and heard a horrible high-piched sound like a screech, and it was so loud it hurt and I couldn't move. Then it began to increase in pitch and volume until I thought my ears would start bleeding or if it got any louder or higher. It didn't, though, and it stopped completely after ten seconds or so. Nobody else heard it, so I could've been dreaming.

There were squirrels in the attic a few months ago, and woke me up early every weekend.

By the way, do people find scary about spiders? Is it the legs? The eyes? I think they're kind of cute.
I hate spiders, they haunt my dreams and seem to have a place even in shows I happen to watch. Apparently their everywhere and even the word frightens me. I guess something happened as a child, I have a few dreams I recal. Omce night actually, I was in my bunk bed (top) and I was ya know getting all snuggly and warm. Once I was cozy I noticed in the window a HUGE spider! I froze and for what seeked like forever I couldnt move. It didn't even move. It helped ke to realize just how bad my phobia is...
Chris_Cerulli

Ghosts......... ugh. I am freaked out by ghosts and shapes and all that.
Orrik_Zynn

welp...i rarely sleep but i'm always watching/reading Creepypastas and i trip out when i notice a stray extension cord or charger (nintendo, phone, computer ect.) thinking its Slender or Zalgo...

-i swear if anybody laughs...i dare you watch creepypastas all day and try to sleep in the woods!
(my house is in a wooded area)
My mind.
I think of some pretty messed up stuff at night, and frankly, I need an off-switch for my imaginations.
Music, believe it or not. I can't listen to anything in the dark without daydreaming so vividly it feels like an acid trip.
rat

Fiaryn wrote:
I also have this hamster...what likes to get his cardio run in when I sleep. But it sounds like someone trying to claw their way through my window.

i actually find it comforting to have my hammie because any weird noises you hear you can rationalize as your animal doing a silly. that said, trying to sleep while your fluffball runs on the wheel is its own problem! :P

spookiest noise to hear in the dead of night is an alarm clock, for sure.
Whenever the lights go out, and darkness drenches your surroundings. No, not the darkness itself that is terrifying or intimidating... no, no. It is mostly, what may happen to lie inside the darkness. It is only a matter of time before your own mind turns on you and you start to become worried... paranoid... and even frightened at what may happen to be watching you in the darkness... After all, you can't see for a good while... Who's to say there is nothing in there, just waiting for you to lower your guard? After all... you can't see what lies in it's dreadful wake of blackness...

*malicious snicker*

......I should really try writing a book or something.
My mind is my worst enemy at night.

Some already know this about me.
It isn't scary per se... But it does like to remind me of my current hurdles until I can't sleep.

-As I'm writing this up at 2am XD -

But as far as things that freak me out in the dark? My dog perking his head up and growling at the doorway of my room. He has also jumped out of bed, using a bark that is not at all friendly.

Good times.
Well... I'd say glowing eyes staring at me in the dark...
But funny story, I almost had a reaction from my dog waking me up in the middle of the night. Poked my eye with her nose at 2am, and I woke up to a black nosed mass in my face. I screamed in her face, scaring the both of us, and the rest of the household.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » What freaks you out in the dead of the night?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus