Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » What freaks you out in the dead of the night?

Ooo, something that always freaks me out at night would have to be darkness or more so what lives in it. It's wierd, I know there's nothing there but I've seen so much horror stuff that I just imagine monstrosities in the shadows and darkness. O_O
What terrifies me the most about the dead of night, is what lurks there when I turn the lights off. I have to sleep with one on in fear that the demons what live in this house will get me. I know I sound crazy, but it's true. They're there, and they're real. They're terrifying.
Everything. At the dead of night I am one of the jumpiest people you will EVER meet.
RedLantern

VocaCoreMauUniverse wrote:
What terrifies me the most about the dead of night, is what lurks there when I turn the lights off. I have to sleep with one on in fear that the demons what live in this house will get me. I know I sound crazy, but it's true. They're there, and they're real. They're terrifying.

Old house?
Ever though of calling a priest? XD
Seeing myself in the mirror. =n= Never meet your own eyes in a mirror at night, it's just freaky soulless pits all the way down.
When I'm down for the night, I'm out like a rock... But as I fall asleep, almost every night since I was seven or eight I've had these half-paralyzed waking nightmares of a needle entering my eye. There is a sinking dread that if I don't hold very still, something will go terribly wrong. It doesn't physically hurt, but it is very unpleasant and it gets my adrenaline going.

I've learned to let the sensation pass, but it's still an unnerving thing about trying to settle to sleep without some stimulus like music or YouTube to distract me.
Holly-Leaf

PFFFT 3 AM YEAH RIGHT!!! I CAN STAY UP TO 2:59 FOR ALL I CARE BUT NOT 3 AM.

I fall asleep for an hour, wake up at 4 am, and do things from there XD

Anyways the stupid house noises scare the living heck out of me. AND WHEN CARS GO OFFF. Theres this car near my house that whenever you passby it says "Under security, Stand Back." You will be driving by and it will say it. There was this one night at like 1 am where it kept saying it repeatively for like 5 minutes straight and that scared the ever living shiz out of me.
RedLantern

Well, nothing. xD
Demons. You need to remember now that I'm very scared of dying at the hands (claws? demon limbs?) of demons during broad daylight, let alone in the dead of night at 3 am when I just want some water.

Also, my cat might be able to... cause he used to like to scratch up my arms and hunt my feet in my sleep, so I'd just wake up to claw marks on my arm and him CHEWING MY TOE, NO BIG DEAL (it was cute though...).
RedLantern

jkatkina wrote:
Seeing myself in the mirror. =n= Never meet your own eyes in a mirror at night, it's just freaky soulless pits all the way down.
Lol, or when you sick. They look like they belong to a soulless being too, just like the rest of your appereance, unfortunately.
Having a dream and it actually happening. Which by the way, HAS ACTUALLY FU-
A-Anyways... I don't like having a dream and it happening in reality.
RedLantern

I know, walking in the street, then there is someone from nowhere, and I'm like "*******!*

This do.
RedLantern

Just happend not long ago. XD
My house is really old and people come and go from it constantly, it’ll be like 3 am and you hear this voice say “garage door open” and for a split second I think “I’m gonna die tonight. It’s for sure a serial killer.”
Also spiders crawling on my neck at 1 am isn't pleasant
A lot of things.

For one,my mind.

Whenever I close my eyes at night,I see sharp objects and my mind plays tricks on me,as well as voices in my head. It doesn't let me get sleep and I feel like I'm dead.

Second is,I'm afraid...someone isn't going to be there if I sleep.
Being left alone with my thoughts.
One day I swear I’ll drown in them.

I’m also afraid of being asleep and people either frogetting about me, or stopping their love for me.
I feel like I don’t appreciate my friends and family enough, and that they’ll just bail on me overnight.
So I guess I have a phobia of being forgotten.
RedLantern

*edit*
pltjess

I'm pretty certain my house is currently haunted, sooo... there's that. Weird sounds, seeing figures that aren't there, the dog staring like she's going to attack when no one is there.
pltjess wrote:
I'm pretty certain my house is currently haunted, sooo... there's that. Weird sounds, seeing figures that aren't there, the dog staring like she's going to attack when no one is there.

Sounds haunted to me. Hauntings are pretty hecking scary. As long as the presence doesn't feel aggressive, you should be fine.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » What freaks you out in the dead of the night?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus