Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trixie's Bar (Everyone welcome)

".. well."

"A long time ago, a very long time ago.... two kingdoms were at war." She turned her crown in her hands before looking to Wander. "... they were, and still are, known as Penumbra and Lumiere. I was... I was probably a Lumiere citizen." Probably..? "They were at war. They had been for a very, very, very long time."
Wander (played anonymously)

"Alright, but 'were a citizen'?"
"... I don't quite remember what I was before the war." She shrugged, speaking such a.. vague phrase that left so many questions unanswered.

"Alright"
".... the Lumien people were being attacked by the Umbrans. And me- I had one purpose. After my revival, I had one purpose." REVIVAL?! She's not explaining enough. Denki is not good at that. "... and that was to win the war." She blinked slowly. "By killing the queen, that shouarti Kurisuta." She didn't really say that with enough rage as one would expect. "And therefore, I did."

"Alright," Wander was used to the concept of reviving, "but how did you revive?"
"... oh, oh. My first death. I don't remember it, actually. But I remember what they told me.. they said that the queen Kurisuta had publically executed me for going against her. They couldn't retrieve my soul, so I didn't remember, of course, but did I really need to?" She tilted her head as she asked the question. "... and so, since my duty was not fulfilled before my death, I was brought back. To keep going."

"Oh, ok then"
She appreciated how Wander didn't try to make a worse deal out of it than it was. At least.. a worse deal than it was to her. "So, yes, I killed their queen." She smiled again. "And just like that..." She placed the crown on her head, her smile growing past her usually stoic expressions. "... glory. Victory. Queenhood." .. and then it fell back again.

... those feelings. They all come in bursts. Why couldn't I have learned to feel?
"... it was really nice while it lasted."

"I'm glad you enjoyed it then," Wander said, a little shocked but not enough to be noticed unless you knew him, and how he showed it.
"...... thank you."

She paused.

"But, of course, nobody likes a tyrant, do they?" She let out a soft huff, recalling what came next.

"Yep, unless the tyrant is actually doing mostly good."
"... haha.. well, I guess they just hated me then. Of course, I'd do the same if my kingdom was usurped."

"... eventually, not long after I came to the throne, they attacked me. Hundreds of people, it must have been, storming my castle. They surged at me like.. like a.." She found a phrase she used to use at the tip of her tongue, yet unspeakable. She didn't remember what the waves of the ocean looked like any longer. ".... they all took hold of me. I couldn't cut them all down quickly enough."

"I feel bad for you, but we can't change the past, no matter how many loved ones died." The sentence hinted at a story, but he didn't elaborate.
".... yeah. Yeah, we can't. At least I didn't have anyone I loved."

".... after they took hold of me, they knocked me out. I awoke in some dungeon. Solitary- I doubt they even guarded it, because I was certainly unable to escape. No matter how hard I tried to." She didn't seemed too disturbed by the past she described.

Wander sat in silence, remembering fragment of his past.
"...... I stayed there for.. I stayed there for-" She stuttered once.

".... seven hundred years. It was seven hundred, to the day. I would have believed it was to the hour."

"Well I'm glad you got out eventually"
"Yes, yes. The most odd thing is, the person who let me out..."

".. I can't remember who they were. It was only a month ago." She fidgeted with the blanket around her shoulders, but didn't take it off.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trixie's Bar (Everyone welcome)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus