Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » IC Reasons to be together

I am finding this more and more now that because there's no strong reason for the OC's to to be together the RP doesn't make it past the first conversation. I've tried to look up RP plot ideas or prompts but I'm pretty sure my keywords in my searches are wrong because I keep getting scripted prompts.

Is any of this making sense? and could anyone help me out here?

I guess what I'm looking for is plot ideas?
Have you ever see this list by chance? (The link opens a PDF, just FYI)

The Big List of RPG Plots by S. John Ross

It's one of my go-to resources when I feel at a loss for ideas. I struggle with what you described too in slice of life RPs - if there's no reason for the characters to interact beyond a polite greeting, it often feels too forced to make two strangers stand around and make small talk.
Leighoflight Topic Starter

Juls wrote:
Have you ever see this list by chance? (The link opens a PDF, just FYI)

The Big List of RPG Plots by S. John Ross

It's one of my go-to resources when I feel at a loss for ideas. I struggle with what you described too in slice of life RPs - if there's no reason for the characters to interact beyond a polite greeting, it often feels too forced to make two strangers stand around and make small talk.

That list is amazing :O
And yes I am coming across that forced interaction thing a lot and it's really not fun.
I honestly can't say I can relate to this issue, but that's only because I'm actually really selective in picking my character interactions. I always look beyond the initial prompt. Take Rene and Jude for example; I always sort of assumed the two would end up either in a lot of trouble or on a hunt together, which makes sense and doesn't feel forced or dictated considering their circumstances. I definitely would've said no to you if I didn't think anything would happen when they met.

If I expect nothing, nothing will come from it.
Leighoflight Topic Starter

That's another good point as well. I have had instances were I look at go "this could work' and other times when it's very clear that theres no inspiration for an interaction.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » IC Reasons to be together

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus