Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » (Closed) Summer Soiree: The County Fair

Ben Watson (played anonymously)

Ben laughed at their woeful joint throw. "Kind of eel like maybe we should get dunk for that one" he said, kissing the top of Stephanie's head. He watched as she had her turn then accepted two balls of his own.

He wondered how the girl in the bikini was feeling about the whole thing. He hoped she enjoyed the attention. It was warm enough so that getting dunked every now and then wasn't all that bad. As for the getting ogled part.... well... it came the the territory, he supposed.

He bounced the ball in his hand twice, hoping to get a good feel for it. He was never great at baseball. Track and hockey were always more his thing.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 15.
Marie Evans (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

A guy joined the newcomer to assist her. Marie figured she must be the person she'd looked around for before taking her first shot. She obviously wasn't very good at this. When her boyfriend tried to help her, the ball was way off target. Tabby seemed to breathe a sigh of relief inside the tank. It looked like these two little lovebirds had quite a few tickets and were going to keep going until they hit the target. At least that was Marie's hope.

"So close," Marie said to the blonde guy that had joined the girl currently trying to dunk Tabby. His next shot was dangerously close to the target.

Doreen arrived about that time. "Hi Marie, how's it going?" she asked. She was dressed in a swimsuit similar to Marie's but it was white instead of black.

"We have a good crowd," Marie said as she watched the pair ready their next shots. Her eyes cut to the creepy guy who had shown back up after apparently talking his way out of his trouble with the law. Hopefully, he wouldn't loiter. He had taken a seat and was watching the action at a safe distance. Marie got a distinct feeling he was staring at her., particularly when she looked away She'd give Dori a heads up about the situation when she could do so discreetly.

"Tabbycat only went in the tank once so far," Marie continued. "That chick over there with the guitar was the first one to play when I took over. She dunked in her with her first shot." Marie nodded in the direction of the guitarist.

The sound of a karaoke machine began to grow louder. A man with a washboard strapped to his chest was towing a cart that looked like an antique car. He strutted in time to the music as scrapped the washboard pulling the cart with his music behind him. He blew on harmonica taking a solo and honked a horn attached to the washboard as he paused a moment in front of the tank before continuing on. It was impossible to talk over his racket or hear anything else. Marie scowled in annoyance as the street performer moved on past the booth after a moment. He was well clear of the couple currently trying to put Tabby in the pool and the crowd parted as he continued past the booths and tent to make way for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1v8DYwggBQ
Stephanie (played anonymously)

Steph giggled at Ben and his respectable effort with the pitch. “Let me throw the last one...” Steph said as she glanced over at the cheerleaders and the noisy street performer approaching.

She took the last ball from Ben as he was recovering from his throw and let it fly...
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 4.
Joey Lenocotta (played by Rogue-Scribe)

Joey saw the approach of the blonde and recognised her, but stayed sitting out of the way by the musician. He watched her throw, enjoying the view, and chuckled slightly when a blonde guy came up to her and made her throw wild. He’d seen him around before too.

When the musician finished her song and packed up her guitar, Joey was enjoying watching Tophat... what did the cheerleader babe who walked up in the opposite matching outfit say.. Marie? Noted. He was taking a deeper interest in her as he had been watching her more than the others, including the target redhead.

When the musician got up and walked away, Joey had his daydreaming broken as the blonde couple goofed around throwing balls. Joey grabbed his shirt and rat and started off after her. As he walked by Tophat, he gave her a wink and said, “See ya later Marie.”

Shuffling away, he called out to the musician... “Hey... didn’t catch your name... “ as he caught up with her. “Wanna smoke a number?” He added, giving Tophat one last glance from over his shoulder... it was a good time to leave as a horrible racket was approaching anyway...
Stephanie (played anonymously)

“Well, that went all wrong.” Steph said with a giggle. The noise didn’t help much either. She turned back to Ben and saw a dark haired guy go by that gave her pause.. ‘Joey?’ she thought to herself. She tilted her head and looked back at Ben. “How about we go walk around a bit and go do some rides... maybe get some food after? Maybe you could win me that stuffed Koala at the dart throw?” She said in sort of a teenage pout. “come back here later?” she added, seeing how mush Ben was enjoying the bikini-clad cheerleaders.

She put her arm around his waist and looked over at the two cheerleaders talking to each other. “Hey thanks for this. It was fun.” She then turned to the redhead sitting on the dunk-seat. “Hope you get dunked soon! Don’t get sunburned!”
Doreen looked at Marie with a look of surprise on her face when some dark-haired guy and said "See ya later, Marie" to her friend. "Who was that guy? Do you know him?" she asked with curiosity.

Before Marie could answer, the blonde woman who'd been trying to dunk Tabby walked by and thanked them for the fun. Doreen smiled and nodded at her. "Glad you enjoyed yourself. Stop back any time!" Doreen watch the blonde as she walked off with the blond guy who'd tried to help her on a couple of the throws. Although those two seemed to be together, Doreen couldn't help but think the blonde had an interest in that dark-haired guy who'd addressed Marie.

She took a moment to retrieve the balls so they'd be ready for the next customer, then returned to Marie. "I think that one guy has his eye on you, whoever he was. Guess he doesn't know about Pete," she said, hoping Marie would clue her in on the guy's identity.
Matt and his friend Trevor were on a mission: to dunk Tabby. Matt and Trevor were in a rock band, and Tabby was their guitarist and their friend. How could they not do her the honor of trying to dunk her? It was a moral imperative.

The two made their way through the crowd, stopping momentarily to allow a musician wearing an improved instrument made from a washboard and pulling a cart with a karaoke machine to pass. The musician was actually pretty good. It wasn't really the kind of music Matt liked, but he could appreciate the man's talent, and respected the man's willingness to perform out in public like that.

A short time later, the dunk tank came into view, and Tabby was already on the bench. "Look, there's Marie and Doreen running the show," said Matt, pointing out the two cheerleaders to Trevor. "The captain of the squad dressed in black, and her subordinate dressed in white. Why am I getting a Darth Vader/stormtrooper vibe from those two?"

Interacting with those cheerleaders wasn't something Matt was looking forward to, but it had to be done. Putting on a brave face, he stepped forward and showed three tickets to the captain of the cheerleading squad. "Hey, Marie, I want to take a shot at dunking that redhead over there."

After giving Marie the tickets and receiving the balls from Doreen, Matt stepped up to the line and took aim for his first throw. He grinned at Tabby encouragingly and said, "This is going to be just like bullseyeing womp rats back home." Then he took his first throw.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 8.
Emily Williams (played anonymously)

Emily had seen signs for the carnival while she was driving through town, and decided to give it a try. She pulled into the parking lot and parked next to an old Nissan. Emily’s car was a yellow convertible Camaro with a couple of black stripes on the hood and a little Autobot emblem on each front fender. The car salesman had told her it was a “Bumblebee” edition, which didn’t mean anything to her until he had explained it was a reference to the “Transformers” cartoon and movies. She hadn’t bought the car because of its link to the Transformers, but because she liked its looks and because it met her needs.

Emily was an attractive young woman who appeared to be in her mid-to-late twenties, with long wavy brown hair and green eyes. She had an athletic build, with muscles that were firm, but not bulky like a bodybuilder’s would be. There was a light sprinkling of freckles on her face, but no other distinguishing marks like scars, birthmarks, or tattoos were visible. She was dressed in a way that left a lot of skin exposed: a pair of black running shorts trimmed with pink, a sports bra, also black trimmed with pink, and a pair of Asics running shoes. She also sported a tight-fitting metal bangle adorned with a glossy black cabochon on each wrist.

As she approached the gate to enter the carnival, she caught the scent of marijuana smoke. It was faint, so whoever was smoking it must not be very close by. She knew a lot of places were apparently legalizing it these days, but she thought it was still illegal in this area. As a former assistant district attorney, criminal activity didn’t sit well with her. She decided to mention it to the person at the entrance when she was paying her admission. “Someone around here’s smoking pot,” she said. “I can smell it.”

The woman at the gate raised an eyebrow. “I don’t smell anything,” she said.

“You don’t? Well, that’s not surprising, I guess. My sense of smell is better than most people’s, and it is very faint,” said Emily. “But you might want to mention it to the security folks, just in case they want to keep an eye out for it.”

Once she was inside, her first stop was at a booth to buy tickets to spend at the various attractions. She left the booth with a supply of tickets she thought would be enough to last for the whole afternoon, and went in search of some fun. She soon came to an attraction called the “Hi-Striker”, where people tried to hit a target with a mallet hard enough to send a weight all the way to the top of a pole to ring a bell. She decided to give it a try and got in line behind two big, brutish-looking men, football players or bodybuilders by the look of them. They both towered over her. They each took three swings, and the second man did the best, but only managed to get the weight about two-thirds of the way up the pole. “Ooo, too bad,” said the carnie who was running the game. He took the mallet back and said, “Better luck next time. Next!”

Emily stepped up to the machine, and the carnie gave her the mallet. One of the men who’d just tried laughed when he saw her preparing to hit the target. “Hey Jake, check it out! This scrawny little girl thinks she can ring the bell.”

Jake laughed in response. “This I gotta see, Roger,” he replied.

Emily frowned at them briefly, but returned her attention to the target and swung the mallet. The weight jumped maybe a foot or so up the pole before falling back down. The two men burst out laughing at the attempt, and Emily’s face reddened in embarrassment and irritation. She took a second swing. The weight rose a little higher this time, but only by an inch or two. The men laughed again.

“One more attempt, Freckles,” Roger taunted. “Tell you what; I’ll make you a little wager. I’ve got a hundred bucks that says you can’t ring the bell. Ring it, and the Benjamin is yours. But don’t ring it, and you spend the night with me. Deal?”

Emily regarded Roger with a look of rage on her face. She considered for a moment; it was against her better judgment, but this guy was pushing all her buttons. “Fine! You’re on,” she said.

The two men looked at each other, apparently surprised she would accept. Roger smirked at her and said, “Alright, then. Let’s see what you can do.”

Emily closed her eyes in concentration, and called upon a fearsome strength that usually lay dormant within her for good reason. After a moment she reopened her eyes, raised the mallet, and took her last swing. The weight flew up the pole… higher… higher…

BONG!!!

The carnie’s jaw dropped, a look of shock on his face. So did Jake’s, and most satisfyingly, Roger’s. She held out her hand toward Roger, awaiting the $100 dollars he owed her.

Roger was at a loss for words for a moment. When he finally regained his senses, he shook his head and said, “No. No, I’m not payin’. I don’t know how you did it, but you cheated. Somehow you cheated. Come on, Jake, let’s get out of here.” With that he turned his back on her and started walking away. Jake looked at her for a moment longer, shrugged, and then hurried to catch up with Roger.

“Jagoff,” whispered Emily as she watched the men go. Then she turned to the carnie. “So I won a prize, right? Or are you gonna cheat me too?”

“No ma’am,” the man said, and handed her a purple stuffed koala.

Emily stepped away from the attraction into a bright, sunny spot away from the throngs and mentally berated herself. I shouldn’t have done that! I shouldn’t have done that. It’s too dangerous; there are too many innocent people around. I can’t afford to lose control! Not now. I hate this! Maybe coming here was a bad idea. Maybe I should leave. She stood there a few moments longer, letting the warm sun shine on her and trying to calm her strong emotions. A few minutes passed and then she glanced down at the back of her right hand, and breathed a sigh of relief when she didn’t see what she feared she might see there. Alright. Alright. Maybe I can stay a little longer. But I’ve got to be careful. Stay calm. Don’t get upset. Don’t use the strength or the speed. Don't get injured.

She continued on through the carnival, and soon came to a dunking booth. There were a couple of teenage girls in bikinis made to look like tuxedos who were apparently running the attraction, while a couple of teenage boys threw balls at the target in an attempt to drop a redheaded teenage girl into the tank. Emily stepped up to the girl wearing the mostly-black bikini and the top hat, and offered her three tickets. “I’ll try it after they’re done,” she said, indicating the two boys.
Dexter (played by MomoMonroe)

Go to the summer carnival on your day off, he'd told himself, it'll be fuuuun. Feh. He'd be lying if he said it wasn't interesting, though. He'd already bought a few woven bracelets from a vendor, tying them around his left wrist loosely, and was now wandering idly through the crowd. It was the music that lured him towards the dunking booth. A twitch of his lips was given, followed by a silent smile as he recognized the Lady Gaga song. He'd found a cool spot in the shade for now, watching as people came and went, enjoying the smooth sounds of the acoustic guitar. Dex was a music lover, especially when he was racing or gaming. Music was life, simple as that.

A snort of a laugh left him as he watched Joey talking such a big game and missing horribly. It was glorious to watch someone talk smack like that and then hilariously fail. As the cop showed up, he shifted slightly, hiding his own face from view. He hadn't done anything recently, but he and cops never played nice. It was ironic, considering he was EMS and had to deal with them almost on the daily regarding work.

A roll of his eyes had been given when the blonde guy tried to 'show his gf how its done' and missed. Smooth. The soft 'typical' from Jess was barely caught but caused him to chuckle subtly in agreement. His brow quirked as he watched Matt and Trevor step up, a frown tugging at his lips when he realized the musician was packing up. Damn.. You just couldn't beat Fleetwood Mac on an acoustic guitar.

He glanced to Emily as she volunteered to go after the boys, and decided that it was either throw his own name into the hat as well, or leave since the music did. He chose the first option, stepping forward a few steps closer to the dunking area. "Guess I'll try after she goes," he nodded towards Emily, coffee colored eyes hidden behind heavily tinted black shades. The man was dressed in a Panic at the Disco tee, ripped up and faded jeans, and a pair of worn out black converse on his feet. Dex also sported ear gauges, a septum ring, and a few tattoos, paired with a Batman lanyard hanging out of a side pocket loosely. Despite the summer sun, he was rather pale and seemingly no older than early to mid twenties if one had to take a guess, considering his light stubble and youthful features.

----

Whenever his turn would finally roll around, he'd tug the required tickets from his pocket and hand them to Marie, removing the shades and immediately squinting against the bright sun. He blinked hard a few times, his eyes incredibly sensitive to bright lights, before finally settling into a knitted brow and subtle squint. His coffee colored gaze locked on Tabby and he smiled lightly, "I'm blind as a bat, and colorblind on top of that, so I'm pretty sure you ain't gotta worry about a swim from me." He laughed playfully, squinting again slightly and giving the first ball his best toss.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 11.

Stephanie wrote:
Steph giggled at Ben and his respectable effort with the pitch. “Let me throw the last one...” Steph said as she glanced over at the cheerleaders and the noisy street performer approaching.

She took the last ball from Ben as he was recovering from his throw and let it fly...

"Oh! So close," Marie said. "Thanks for playing folks!"

She turned back to Tabby.

"Looks like you get to stay dry a little while longer Tabbycat," Marie heckled.

Tabby just glared and didn't reply. A new customer stepped up a moment later.

When the musician got up and walked away, Joey had his daydreaming broken as the blonde couple goofed around throwing balls. Joey grabbed his shirt and rat and started off after her. As he walked by Tophat, he gave her a wink and said, “See ya later Marie.”

Marie didn't answer. She just stared off after the guy. "Creep," She muttered under her breath as he pursued the musician girl as she packed up and moved on.

Shuffling away, he called out to the musician... “Hey... didn’t catch your name... “ as he caught up with her. “Wanna smoke a number?” He added, giving Tophat one last glance from over his shoulder... it was a good time to leave as a horrible racket was approaching anyway...
Tabitha Blackwell (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

Stephanie wrote:
“Well, that went all wrong.” Steph said with a giggle. The noise didn’t help much either. She turned back to Ben and saw a dark haired guy go by that gave her pause.. ‘Joey?’ she thought to herself. She tilted her head and looked back at Ben. “How about we go walk around a bit and go do some rides... maybe get some food after? Maybe you could win me that stuffed Koala at the dart throw?” She said in sort of a teenage pout. “come back here later?” she added, seeing how mush Ben was enjoying the bikini-clad cheerleaders.

She put her arm around his waist and looked over at the two cheerleaders talking to each other. “Hey thanks for this. It was fun.” She then turned to the redhead sitting on the dunk-seat. “Hope you get dunked soon! Don’t get sunburned!”

"Uh, thanks," mumbled. She hoped her sunscreen wasn't going to wash off. Tabby had a fair complexion and was highly prone to sunburn. Her friends often made fun of her pale skin and pretended to be blinded by the sun reflecting off of her. Speaking of, she saw Trevor and Matt making their way towards the booth.

"Great," she mumbled to herself.

Doreen looked at Marie with a look of surprise on her face when some dark-haired guy and said "See ya later, Marie" to her friend. "Who was that guy? Do you know him?" she asked with curiosity.

"No idea," Marie replied staring after the guy as he hurried to catch up with the girl that had been playing guitar. "Probably some townie trash from Renier. Creep!"

Before Marie could answer, the blonde woman who'd been trying to dunk Tabby walked by and thanked them for the fun. Doreen smiled and nodded at her. "Glad you enjoyed yourself. Stop back any time!" Doreen watch the blonde as she walked off with the blond guy who'd tried to help her on a couple of the throws. Although those two seemed to be together, Doreen couldn't help but think the blonde had an interest in that dark-haired guy who'd addressed Marie.

She took a moment to retrieve the balls so they'd be ready for the next customer, then returned to Marie. "I think that one guy has his eye on you, whoever he was. Guess he doesn't know about Pete," she said, hoping Marie would clue her in on the guy's identity.

"Who isn't here to deal with situations like this," Marie grumbled. "Typical."

Fortunately, the police running the charity jail were in view if he came back to harass her or the other cheerleaders.
Trevor Scott (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

Matt and his friend Trevor were on a mission: to dunk Tabby. Matt and Trevor were in a rock band, and Tabby was their guitarist and their friend. How could they not do her the honor of trying to dunk her? It was a moral imperative.

The two made their way through the crowd, stopping momentarily to allow a musician wearing an improved instrument made from a washboard and pulling a cart with a karaoke machine to pass. The musician was actually pretty good. It wasn't really the kind of music Matt liked, but he could appreciate the man's talent, and respected the man's willingness to perform out in public like that.

A short time later, the dunk tank came into view, and Tabby was already on the bench. "Look, there's Marie and Doreen running the show," said Matt, pointing out the two cheerleaders to Trevor. "The captain of the squad dressed in black, and her subordinate dressed in white. Why am I getting a Darth Vader/stormtrooper vibe from those two?"

"Because that is a very Matt observation to make," Trevor suggested. "Of course those two are running the show! It's what they do!"

Interacting with those cheerleaders wasn't something Matt was looking forward to, but it had to be done. Putting on a brave face, he stepped forward and showed three tickets to the captain of the cheerleading squad. "Hey, Marie, I want to take a shot at dunking that redhead over there."

"Oh! If it isn't Tabby's friends," Marie replied trying to pretend to be glad to see them. Clearly, she was blanking on their names. "Dori, can you help Tabby's... friends?" She picked up the portable loudspeaker and tried to drum up some more business putting the pair on ignore.

After giving Marie the tickets and receiving the balls from Doreen, Matt stepped up to the line and took aim for his first throw. He grinned at Tabby encouragingly and said, "This is going to be just like bullseyeing womp rats back home." Then he took his first throw.

Tabby rolled her eyes. "Seriously," Tabby asked. Matt took his first shot and missed. "Use the force Luke, trust your feelings," she called out, her voice dripping with sarcasm as she quoted the line to him.

She continued on through the carnival, and soon came to a dunking booth. There were a couple of teenage girls in bikinis made to look like tuxedos who were apparently running the attraction, while a couple of teenage boys threw balls at the target in an attempt to drop a redheaded teenage girl into the tank. Emily stepped up to the girl wearing the mostly-black bikini and the top hat, and offered her three tickets. “I’ll try it after they’re done,” she said, indicating the two boys.

Marie glanced up and saw a young woman around her age. At first she thought it was the weird reporter friend of Starla's, but after a moment, she realized it wasn't her.

"Step right up," Marie replied to the brunette as she handed over 3 tickets. Tabby's dorky friend was busy quoting Star Wars and lobbing balls at the target. So far, his first shot had missed. Marie rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"3 tickets for 3 balls and 3 chances to put the newbie in the pool," Marie said cheerfully. "Believe me, she really needs it!"
Tabitha Blackwell (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

Go to the summer carnival on your day off, he'd told himself, it'll be fuuuun. Feh. He'd be lying if he said it wasn't interesting, though. He'd already bought a few woven bracelets from a vendor, tying them around his left wrist loosely, and was now wandering idly through the crowd. It was the music that lured him towards the dunking booth. A twitch of his lips was given, followed by a silent smile as he recognized the Lady Gaga song. He'd found a cool spot in the shade for now, watching as people came and went, enjoying the smooth sounds of the acoustic guitar. Dex was a music lover, especially when he was racing or gaming. Music was life, simple as that.

A snort of a laugh left him as he watched Joey talking such a big game and missing horribly. It was glorious to watch someone talk smack like that and then hilariously fail. As the cop showed up, he shifted slightly, hiding his own face from view. He hadn't done anything recently, but he and cops never played nice. It was ironic, considering he was EMS and had to deal with them almost on the daily regarding work.

A roll of his eyes had been given when the blonde guy tried to 'show his gf how its done' and missed. Smooth. The soft 'typical' from Jess was barely caught but caused him to chuckle subtly in agreement. His brow quirked as he watched Matt and Trevor step up, a frown tugging at his lips when he realized the musician was packing up. Damn.. You just couldn't beat Fleetwood Mac on an acoustic guitar.

He glanced to Emily as she volunteered to go after the boys, and decided that it was either throw his own name into the hat as well, or leave since the music did. He chose the first option, stepping forward a few steps closer to the dunking area. "Guess I'll try after she goes," he nodded towards Emily, coffee colored eyes hidden behind heavily tinted black shades. The man was dressed in a Panic at the Disco tee, ripped up and faded jeans, and a pair of worn out black converse on his feet. Dex also sported ear gauges, a septum ring, and a few tattoos, paired with a Batman lanyard hanging out of a side pocket loosely. Despite the summer sun, he was rather pale and seemingly no older than early to mid twenties if one had to take a guess, considering his light stubble and youthful features.

Marie nodded, accepted the tickets, and handed him the balls. There was a line building now and a lot of people were eager to give it a try.

Whenever his turn would finally roll around, he'd tug the required tickets from his pocket and hand them to Marie, removing the shades and immediately squinting against the bright sun. He blinked hard a few times, his eyes incredibly sensitive to bright lights, before finally settling into a knitted brow and subtle squint. His coffee colored gaze locked on Tabby and he smiled lightly, "I'm blind as a bat, and colorblind on top of that, so I'm pretty sure you ain't gotta worry about a swim from me." He laughed playfully, squinting again slightly and giving the first ball his best toss.[/quote]

"I'm sorry to hear about that, I mean your eyesight," Tabby replied. "But I certainly won't complain if you don't dump me into the tank!" That being said, she was starting to feel warm and the cool water was looking more appealing. It was also reflecting the sun's heat right at her porcelain skin. She wondered if Marie would allow a quick break after this next customer finished his turn so she could apply more sunscreen. Tabby worried she'd be as red as a lobster if she didn't put another layer on soon.

"Uh, good luck," Tabby said as the man took his first throw. He lobbed the ball at the target and missed. It wasn't a terrible throw, at least compared to a few other people's.

I'm sorry to hear about that, I mean your eyesight. He nodded with a light shrug, "Eh, you get used to it." It was better after dark, his near blindness shifting to perfect vision when the harsh light was taken away, but he didn't say that out loud. Uh, good luck. Another twitch of a smile was given, and he faired about as well as he thought. Of course it was a miss, and he'd expected no better. His contribution had been more for the cause than anything, despite the fact that a good portion of the cheerleaders he came across in life left him with a splitting headache. Can't judge an entire group by a few bad ones, though.

At least it wasn't as bad as Blondie McGee earlier, so Dex was fine with that first outcome. The sun was starting to hurt though, so he wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if his aim suffered even more. "Yeet," he grinned goofily, abandoning all hope as he gave the ball another toss.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 9.

Marie turned her attention to the current player; a guy just a bit older than her with spikey hair. He'd been conversing with Tabby in the dunk cage. The first pitch was a miss. It wasn't a terrible throw but didn't hit the mark.

"You can do it! Put her in the pool," Marie urged. The man took another shot at it. This one was a little worse than his previous attempt. Still not terrible, but further from the target nonetheless.

"Okay, third time is the charm! She's really getting hot in there and she'll start sweating and...," Marie trailed off. "You know, just kind of gross so please make that last shot count! Tabby needs a good dunking!"

Tabby didn't respond. She sat on her perch bracing for the man's final throw.

The 'you can do it' remark caused another soft laugh to come bubbling from his lips. Could he though? It was looking pretty bad, considering two misses already.

Third time is the charm? He drew in a deep breath, glancing to the femme on the bench once more. Poor thing. If this shot failed too, at least he tried. "Don't laugh too hard if I bomb it again," he mused, gripping the ball and tossing it blindly one last time.

Edit due to dice roll: This time? Dex had shut his eyes and used a manner of unseen echo-location (going by the way a light wind was blowing around the target). Without the sun blaring against him, he was able to focus and pinpoint that target far easier. Bullseye. He opened his eyes after he released the ball and grinned sheepishly, rubbing the side of his neck, "Haha, or not. Lady Luck musta felt sorry for me."
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 20.

Dex had shut his eyes and used echo-location. Without the sun blaring against him, he was able to focus and pinpoint that target far easier.

A moment later there was a clang, a squeal, and a splash.

Bullseye. He opened his eyes after he released the ball and grinned sheepishly, rubbing the side of his neck, "Haha, or not. Lady Luck musta felt sorry for me."

Marie jumped up and down happily clapping her hands. "You did it! I knew you could," she said gleefully. "Lady Luck was with you, but not the Tabbycat. Thanks for playing."

Marie turned to toward the tank as Tabby's head popped up. Her bangs were in her eyes. "Chop, chop, get your ass back up on that bench," Marie snapped clapping her hands for emphasis. "Time is money and we have a line!"

Another cheerleader reset the target as Tabby held the bench up. It latched into place and without a word, she scampered back up the later and took her seat. She was really regretting ever trying out for the squad...

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » (Closed) Summer Soiree: The County Fair

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus