Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Summer Soiree: Beach Party with herbal juices

Slappy the halfling: "Well, they are mainly to remain healthy, although I can make herbal tea as well to help curing certain diseases." Wakumi explained to Slappy. "My juices are different from the medicines I usually make for curing diseases or to treat wounds.

"I see," The halfling replied. "So you make healing medicines as well then." Slappy's tummy was beginning to grumble, so he decided to sample some of the food in the baskets that had been set out. He sampled some of the food the other guests had brought as well as his own.
Wakumi Aokawa (played by AgateTurtle) Topic Starter

"Hmmm, they are good." Wakumi remarked as she also sampled from the brought food. She then glanced at the Sun, which almost fully set down. "I think we can officially begin the party soon."

"Indeed." Kaminari approached Wakumi with the shamisen in hand. The mermaid was ready to provide the music for the party.
Haiyzel Kanahri (played anonymously)

Hearing strains of music, Haiyzel finally put down her water. She petted the heads of her animals. They were so sweet! "Don't worry," she whispered, "if you guys need a rest, you can just sit here out of site! I'll come check on you."

Her ferret chittered at her, and she giggled and stroked his nose. She set Beansy down and put away her water. Then, standing carefully, she turned to the ocean and skipped a stone - one two three four five. Nice! "You guys see that?" Haiyzel chirped. "You can play over here in the sand and watch the nice waves, or you can come with me. How about it?"

Returning to the party with all but three dear little animals under her arms, coat, and neckwear, Haiyzel bowed and re-greeted her host, and then prepared to greet some.of the other guests for the first time.
"Hello," she said politely to a Halfling, speaking Standard just to be sure. "I am Haiyzel Kanahri, and it would please me to know your name."

She unloaded a satchel of grapes from her shoulder to a wooden table, and bowed to her possible new acquaintance. "It's very warm out, isn't it?" She added, a little cautiously. She should have brought a bigger hat.
"Hello," she said politely to a Halfling, speaking Standard just to be sure. "I am Haiyzel Kanahri, and it would please me to know your name."

"Pleased to meet you," the halfling replied. "I am called Slappy."

She unloaded a satchel of grapes from her shoulder to a wooden table, and bowed to her possible new acquaintance. "It's very warm out, isn't it?" She added, a little cautiously. She should have brought a bigger hat.

"It is a tad warm," the halfling noted in between bites of one of the tarts he had taken from his own basket. It was an apple tart, and although it was no longer warm out of the oven, it still felt a little hot from the warm sun.

Wakumi was happy to see her guests interacting with each other. She smiled and signaled to Kaminari, who began to play on the shamisen. She then approached her guests:

"Welcome everyone in this island, my name is Wakumi Aokawa, travelling herbalist. I hope you are going to enjoy this little party I organized. I had also prepared refreshing drinks made by myself, which you probably would like to have on such a hot summer like this."

She then motions towards her booth where her drinks were, carefully prepared in glass jars. There were different kinds, such as lemongrass, mint, elderflower, lime tree flower, etc. Wakumi made them using just enough amount of sugar and water to be perfect refreshing drinks in the summer.
Slappy made his way over to the table and examined the different colored drinks. He had no idea what he might like or what each one was. Instead, he picked one up and gave it a taste. "Not bad," He commented after taking a sip.

Haiyzel nodded and looked at the tarts the halfling - Slappy - was eating. They looked good. She wondered if they were baked by her new acquaintance himself.
Always interested in a fellow craftsman, she trailed after him toward the drink stand, although making sure to bow lightly and thank the hostess once again. "The drinks look lovely!" Haiyzel said with a smile, picking a jar of lemongrass essence. It looked delicious, she wasn't lying; the little sprigs of lemongrass floating in it, the yellow-green mist of color swirling about within, and the bright plant-smell delicately wafting off of it were all very captivating. She took a sip and was rewarded with a slightly-sweet, slightly-tart taste of lemon, honey, and crystalline spring water.

"It's marvelous!" She said, as it cooled her throat. Her voice felt very strong now. "I couldn't help but notice your tarts, by the way," she said, turning to Slappy. "They looked really neat and well-done, are you a baker?"
"Oh no," the halfling replied. "I don't bake. I found them for sale on the way. I always love a good tart... apple, blueberry, strawberry, cinnamon... it's hard to pick a favorite, so I got a bit of everything. The lemon and peach also looked good!"

"It makes me so happy you like my drinks." Wakumi told Haiyzel. She felt so honored being complimented. "It took a good amount of effort to make them."

Wakumi then also took an apple tart and began to eat it. Indeed it was so delicious. She glanced at Haiyzel and Slappy, happy that they are getting along well. Meanwhile, Kaminari was playing on the shamisen, giving the party excellent background music. Combined with the fiery sunset, it made quite the romantic atmosphere on the island.
"Yes, they are quite good," Slappy replied. "You should try the tarts!" Slappy took a blackberry one and took a bite. "These are as good as the ones back home."

"Mmmm, they are the best, Slappy-kun!" Wakumi beamed, taking a blueberry ones. "Goes well with the drinks!"

Taking a bite from the blueberry tart, it tasted to delicious, that Wakumi felt as if she was in heaven. She had to try out the other ones as well.
"Mmmm, they are the best, Slappy-kun!" Wakumi beamed, taking a blueberry ones. "Goes well with the drinks!"

"I agree! Tarts make everything better," The halfling replied as he found a strawberry one and took it.

Wakumi nodded in agreement. "Maybe I am going to ask the recipe later." she said.

Then Wakumi had an idea as she listened to the shamisen music provided by Kaminari:
"Hey Slappy-kun, woulsd like to have a dance with me? Its a party, after all."
"I can tell you where I found the cart that I got them," The halfling offered. "If you ever visit my home, I can show you the best tarts you've ever tasted! I know an amazing baker in my village."

When asked to dance, the halfling responded. "I would be delighted to," he replied. "It is a party after all!" Slappy danced a happy little hobbit jig to the music.

Haiyzel listened quietly to the conversation, spacing out under the sun. She had to check on her other animals after eating a couple of crumbly tarts, and she gave them the crumbs and a few little pieces of the cheese she had brought. She returned quickly to the party and found the others dancing! Haiyzel laughed loudly in happiness and giddily joined in. Her jigging wasn't too good, but she could manage some nice twirls. The music was beautiful! Haiyzel bowed to the musician. The leaves overhead were glimmering in the light, and the sky was so bright she could hardly look at it without squinting, and Haiyzel tasted blackberries and apples and crumbly brown sugar crust. What a happy day! She stopped for a mint drink before she could get out of breath, and then went back to dancing.

Wakumi was so happy that her new aquitances were enjoying the party and found her drinks amazing. She danced alongside Slappy, now taking out her folding fan and showed her own dance. She spun around and did some elegant twirls, similar to she had seen other dancers during her travels.

As for Kaminari, she smiled and bowed back to Haiyzel. The mermaid then looked at the dancing people.
"You are certainly doing a good job with this party, Wakumi-san. " she thought.
As the evening wore on, Slappy realized it was getting late and he needed to get to the inn. He needed to find a boat early the next day to get back to the mainland and on to his next delivery.

"I have had a lovely time at your party," Slappy said to his host. "Thank you very much for the drinks and good time. I fear I must excuse myself now. It was very nice to meet you and your guests!"

OOC: I have a busy week ahead of me with work and the event ends Saturday, so I need to wrap up here. Thanks for hosting!

"I am happy you enjoyed the party." Wakumi replied to Slappy. She was a bit sad that the halfling must leave this early, but life is life. "Okay I wish you a safe trip back, and please at least accept this." She handed Slappy a bottle of elderflower juice. "Just something to keep you hydrated."

OOC: Okay and thanks for participating. I wish you to have a nice week.
"Thank you," Slappy replied and accepted the bottle. He gestured to the basket. "Please, keep the food I brought and enjoy it. I must be off now! Take care and I hope we meet again in the future."

With a friendly wave, the halfling took the bottle and headed down the path to find an inn for the evening.

OOC: Thanks again!

Wakumi waved goodby to Slappy. Although she was a bit sad that the halfling had to leave so early, she was still happy that her guest enjoyed his stay at the party and departed with positive memories. She was sure they would meet again if her journey leads her to Slappys homeland.

With a blueberry tart in her hands, Wakumi shifted her attention back to the party.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Summer Soiree: Beach Party with herbal juices

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus