Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » I'm officially a published author!!

After way too many years of struggling, laughing, crying, yawning, bouncing in my seat as I worked, I am finally a published author!!
Ignited is my very first baby. I have several other first drafts I'll be editing over the course of the next few years but I will never forget the first draft of Ignited. So much has changed, a lot for the better.

Many people will like it, many people will hate it, many people simply will not care about it at all, and that's okay! I did it, I finally did it! One star review, three, or five stars, who cares! I did it and I'm proud of myself.

As long as there's one person out there who enjoys the story I told, I'm happy.

I'm so excited to share with you all.

Ignited (Embers Book 1) is a LGBTQ+ Urban Fantasy with a f/f romance sub plot.

Blurb

Gilda Moreu is on the run.

After hundreds of years living a danger-free life, the past that haunts her has finally caught up to her. Now she’s forced into an untenable situation that could end in tragedy if she’s not careful.

With her best friend by her side and with the help of Jax, an unlikely ally, she must evade, capture, and outwit a ruthless enemy who will stop at nothing to capture them.

Will they outrun this unknown enemy or will circumstances, and a surprise romance distract them and inadvertently place them in harm’s way?

Purchase Below!

Universal Link that will take you to your country's Amazon storefront automatically.

mybook.to/IgnitedEmbersBook1
Claine Moderator

Congratulations!!

You've put so much hard work towards this!! It must be such a relief (and kind of scary) to finally see it out!
MercyInReach Topic Starter

Claine wrote:
Congratulations!!

You've put so much hard work towards this!! It must be such a relief (and kind of scary) to finally see it out!

Thank you!! Yess!! Big weight off my shoulders, but I also am so nervous about people's opinions. The best advice I have received is, not to read reviews for several months. That I should encourage reviews, but consider reviews as something that is 90% for the people interested in purchasing, to boost my sales rank, and only 10% for me to take as compliments or criticism.

I've learned a lot and already know what I will be doing differently with my next books. I am also more aware of common mistakes I tend to make and can catch them a lot earlier.

It's been a journey of many emotions, I'll say that. :P

One of my friends had a copy of their book purchased to be printed with the right cover, with the wrong book inside!!! They had printed someone else's book inside my friend's book cover and shipped it to the customer. o.o Only once, but still.

So I am certainly hoping no shenanigans like that happen to me.
Good job!!! Gah!!!!! <3
Congrats on getting your book published! You’ve been at it for so long, it’s so cool to see that it’s finished!

I’ll be slam dunking this rad book onto my kindle once I’m home! So hype!!
nindyaru

Congratulation!! 🎉🎉
MercyInReach Topic Starter

Folklore wrote:
Good job!!! Gah!!!!! <3
cocobeef wrote:
Congrats on getting your book published! You’ve been at it for so long, it’s so cool to see that it’s finished!

I’ll be slam dunking this rad book onto my kindle once I’m home! So hype!!

nindyaru wrote:
Congratulation!! 🎉🎉

Thank y'all so much!! The support means a lot. It's not perfect but if I picked at it any longer it would never see the light of day. I'm just so glad I finally did it. I promise the next book won't take 4 years. >.>
Congratulations. :)

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » I'm officially a published author!!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus