Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Fortunes (Character Tarot Readings) - Closed!

Erroll (played by stalkati)

Erroll sat down and got straight to the point, "I have several questions but you said just one so... will I ever be able to find peace in my life?"
Lady Doom (played anonymously) Topic Starter

All - closing this for now! I may reopen it in a few days, so stay tuned! I am happy that it's been so popular, but I need a small break.

Alwina Coldwill & Erroll - you are both still on my list!
Alwina Coldwill (played by Thatnerdychick)

it's quite interesting yes.

For Alwina:

"An interesting question..." Her eyes sweep the mysterious book, tempted despite Alwina's warning. But she leaves it alone to focus on the reading.

She draws three cards. "This will help you in your efforts to remain in control. This will hinder you. And this is your unrealized potential."

Lady Doom flips over the first card. "The Devil - Reversed." This card is upside down. It shows the devil with bat wings. Adam and Eve are depicted with horns and tails. They are chained to a solid block and the devil is setting Adam's tail on fire. There is a reversed pentagram over the devil's head. "This represents moderation. Do not allow yourself to be tempted into excessive use of this power or wield it with a fiery desire."

Next, the hinderance. "The Page of Swords." This illustrates a young man holding a sword to the sky. The sky is cool and cloudy and the wind whips his hair. "Pride and Ego will push you toward abuse of this power. You must resist this, even when faced with criticism from others."

"And this is your unrealized potential - The Seven of Swords - Reversed." This card is upside down. It shows a man sneaking away from a military camp with five swords in his arms. He looks over his shoulder at the two upright swords he has left behind. The smile on his face suggests that he is proud of himself for having slipped away without being noticed.

"The reversed nature represents an inner deceit. You will harbor a dark secret that you hope will never be revealed to others. Power comes with a price."
Stephanie (played anonymously)

(OOC: This is awesome!)
Lady Doom wrote:
For Stephanie:

Lady Doom took a few moments to consider the question. "Let us find out how you might..." she posed, then selected Stephanie's 3 cards, pointing to each.

"This is what will help you. This is what will hinder you. And this... is your potential."

The fortune teller turns over the first card. "The Two of Wands - Reversed." This card is upside down. It shows a man holding the world in his right hand and a wand in left hand. There is a sea, mountains, and fertile soil in the background. "Your passion is what will propel you on this journey. You must seize opportunities, even if there was no chance to plan. Your interest and excitment is what others will notice."

"This is what will hinder you." She reveals the middle card. "The Four of Pentacles." This card shows a lonely king sitting away from a city. There is a pentacle over his head, one in his hands, and one beneath each foot. "There is, or will be, someone in your life who is over protective. A lover, I think. Or a parental figure. He or she, perhaps out of a fear of losing you, will undermine your attempts. You may be forced to choose between your dreams and your desire to maintain a relationship with this person."

Finally, the last card. "This is your potential. The Wheel of Fortune." It depicts a giant wheel in the sky. A sphinx holds a sword at the top of the wheel. There is an angel and an eagle in the top corners; a bull and a lion in the bottom corners. Lady Doom looked up at Stephanie. "Good times will follow bad. Bad times come after the good. Your career, it seems, will have both. I foresee that you will have your moment in the spotlight, though it will not last."

Stephanie pondered her words for a moment before nodding her head slightly, as if her reading may have helped her make some sort of decision. She stood up and reached into her jeans pocket and pulled out a five dollar bill and laid it on the table.”Thank you for this… I think…” she said before walking back to the door of the tent. She paused and looked back at the fortune teller and smiled slightly before putting on her sunglasses and pushing her way through the flap into the bright sunshine.

Erroll wrote:
Erroll sat down and got straight to the point, "I have several questions but you said just one so... will I ever be able to find peace in my life?"

For Erroll:

"Peace is a temporary state..." Lady Doom said, studying the elf for several long moments, looking into his dark eyes and finding pain there.

She nodded and drew his 3 cards, still face down, and tapped each one of them. "This will bring your closer to peace, this will pull you away. And this will let you find it."

She turns over the first card. "The Two of Wands." This card shows a man holding the world his right hand and a wand in his left. In the background is a sea, mountains and fertile soil. "A safe place where you can rest within your comfort zone will help bring you the peace you seek. Take time to lay a firm plan, so that when you are ready to venture forth from the safety, you can do so with a degree of confidence."

The fortune teller indicates the second card. "This will pull you from your journey toward peace - perhaps literally forcing you from the safe place." She turns over the card. "The Three of Swords." The card shows a heart struck by three swords. There is a grey sky behind along with clouds and rain. "Your heart will be pierced by another's hurtful words or actions. A lover, perhaps. It is essential that you continue to focus on the path ahead else you risk losing yourself to grief."

Finally, Lady Doom turns the last card. "The Nine of Wands." This card depicts a man with a wound on his head. He seems weary and worn, as though he has already been through a battle and now must face additional challenges. There is a palisade wall made out of wands behind him. "Your old wounds will harden you for a final challenge, a test of your grit and determination. Stand firm in the face of this challenge, and you will achieve your goal. Then and only then, will you truly find the peace you seek."

Stephanie wrote:
(OOC: This is awesome!)

<3

𝓞𝓹𝓮𝓷
Aegis (played by Thatnerdychick)

"Will I ever find my past. whom i was before this?"

asked the warforged paladin, bearing the symbol of ilmater, god of self sacrifice, for whom many bear the pains of others.
“….About myself.” The red cloaked man had found his way in, eyeing around. “….Is there more to my life than the revenge I seek?"
Excalibur Umbra (played by Shadeslayer45)

"all the fighting and killing the roar of battle and the screams of the dying.. will i ever truly know peace?"

Lady Doom would like to remind EVERYONE to please ask only ONE question and not make it a yes/no question. It makes her work so much harder. Fates do not work in absolutes!

For Aegis:

"A forgotten past? Are you sure you had one?" Lady Doom asked, more with a genuine curiosity than any insight into Aegis's past (or lack-thereof). If he was, indeed, forged, then perhaps there is nothing to remember.

She ponders a moment, then nods as if she's come to a conclusion and selects three cards from the row before her. For the moment, they remain face down and she taps each one:

"This represents you now. This represent you before. And this will reveal that which will aid you on your journey."

The fortune teller turns over the first card. "This is you. The Five of Cups - Reversed." This card is upside down. It shows a man standing in a black cloak, head bent as if sad or worried. Three cups lay on the ground, two cups remain standing. In the background there is a river and a house on the opposite side.

"The reversed nature of the five of cups suggests that you have recently suffered a personal setback or disappointment. It would be wise seek the council of one you trust for this matter. The Five of Cups reversed also serves as a reminder that you cannot undo the past – what has happened, has happened."

Never the less, she forges ahead to the "past". "This represents you before. The Knights of Wands - Reversed." This card is upside down. It shows a knight riding a strong and brave horse. There is a red feather on the knight's helmet and flames coming out of his armor. "The reversed nature of the knight suggests a lack of will to win whatever battle was fought. Whatever happened was not likely with your explicit endorsement, but neither did you act with passion to prevent it."

Finally, she turns over the last card. "This will aid you on your journey." Again, the card is upside down - making all 3 reversed. "An ill omen..." she mutters. "The Eight of Swords - Reversed." This shows a red clad woman tied up and blindfolded. She is surrounded by swords and stands barefoot in water.

"Some belief that you hold is preventing you from knowing the truth. Perhaps you are frightened to know the answer, frightened to learn the circumstances that may shine a spotlight on something better left hidden. Your blindfold may very well have been self imposed and only you have the power to remove it."
Darrell Sanders (played by Rogue-Scribe)

I had taken a break from the all-night recording session the band was doing in the studio in the basement of my house and decided to take a walk to a mobile espresso cart across the park to get everyone coffee. I noted that a fortune teller had set up their tent as part of an arts fair that was being held that week, and so I paused. I debated stopping in since the sign out front said ‘Open’.

I stepped in and smiled. The incense was pleasing, and though it mixed with the aroma of the four coffees I was carrying, I liked the vibe. I decided I would suggest to the band they try recording a cover of the Rolling Stones song ‘Fortune Teller’.

Setting the tray of coffees down on the corner of their table, I took a seat and took a deep breath as I pondered what to ask. Since I hadn’t heard hide nor hare of Mia in months, and Jocelyn was forever lost to me, I asked that one question on my mind… “Can you see how I could go about finding everlasting love in this life?”

She took a long time to ponder her deck of cards and I had nearly given up waiting when she started her reading….
Adael (played by Claine)

((Aaa what a fun idea!! Thank you for doing this!))

I have a powerful enemy I must defeat - older and more established than I am. How will I defeat him?

I say how, not if. I presume the fates have already decided this war in my favour.

For Adael:

((Thank you for heeding the instructions! You have jumped to the front of the queue!))

"A bold assumption," Lady Doom remarked, a smirk playing on her lips. "Though perhaps it is true."

She picks 3 cards from her deck.

"This is what will help you. This is what will hinder you. And this is the result of victory."

"This is what will aid you," she says as she flips over the first card. "The World." The card depicts a naked woman dancing inside a laurel wreath. The woman looks behind. In her hands are two wands. Around the wreath are four figures (a lion, bull, cherub and eagle).

"The World represents something coming full circle. This may mean a marriage, a birth of a child, or even achieving a long-held aspiration. But I think in your case it may have a more literal meaning - world travel. If you find an opportunity to embark on a journey overseas, take it."

"This is what will hinder you," she points to the second card before flipping it over. "The Fool." This card shows a colorfully clad figure standing on the edge of a cliff and looking up. There is a white dog at his feet, a red feather in his cap, snowy mountains in the background, along with a white sun. "This represents new beginnings. You will be offered a chance for a new adventure, something that you have daydreamed about. If you choose to follow this passion, your enemy will grow stronger - the mountains represent a future challenge."

"If you do see victory over your foe," here Lady Doom turns over the last card. "this will be the result. The Devil - Reversed." This card is upside down. It shows the devil with bat wings. Adam and Eve are depicted with horns and tails. They are chained to a solid block and the devil is setting Adam's tail on fire. There is a reversed pentagram over the devil's head.

"The Devil reversed appears when you go into your deepest, darkest place. In defeating this foe, you will become more like him," she said, pointing to the horns on Adam's head. "Sometimes the reward is not worth the price paid, but only you can decide that."
Adael (played by Claine)

Lady Doom wrote:
For Adael:

((Thank you so much for the reading!!))

Vincent Valentine wrote:
“….About myself.” The red cloaked man had found his way in, eyeing around. “….Is there more to my life than the revenge I seek?"

For Vincent Valentine:

The fortune teller looked at Vincent closely for a moment. "That is a choice only you can make. Revenge is a powerful motivator and can be all consuming."

Lady Doom reshuffles her cards, spreads them out, and then draws 3, all face down.

"This is You, This is Your Path, This is Your Potential," she said while tapping each of the cards.

She flips over the first card. The "You". "The King of Swords represents Intelligence." The card shows a king sitting in a throne. He holds a sword in the right hand. There is a winged angel on his crown. His throne is carved with butterflies and angels. "The King of Swords advises that you keep your emotions in check while you weigh your options. In a matter such as revenge, it is difficult to put emotions aside, but the King encourages you to use logic in the path ahead."

Next, she turns over the second card. "This is your path. The Three of Cups". This shows 3 people dancing and raising their cups. There are fruits and vegetables on the ground. "The three of cups is a card of friendship and collaborations. If you allow it, there will be friends along your journey that will support you. They may even be called to join forces with you."

Finally, she turns to the last card. "And this your potential. The King of Pentacles." The card shows a king sitting in a solid throne embellished with carvings of bulls. Graphs and vines adorn his robe. He is holding a pentacle. "Material success. There will be wealth in your future - the ability to provide for yourself. The King of Pentacles can also be seen as a fatherly figure - you may have a child, perhaps your own or perhaps through some other circumstances, look to you for support."

Adael wrote:
((Thank you so much for the reading!!))

<3
"I must admit I have been curious in regard to your gift. I have had little interest in seeing what the future can reveal pertaining to myself, having lived mostly planning a few months ahead, not years. However, as I grow older I ruminate more on my outlook. My query is, should I seek to settle down again, or keep to the stable solitary order of my life?"

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Fortunes (Character Tarot Readings) - Closed!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus