Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Fortunes (Character Tarot Readings) - Closed!

Sampaguita (played by AdoboKitty)

Sampaguita enters the tent, her crow at her shoulder. She looked over the tent and followed the power she felt. The cards beckoned and she looked at the woman, feeling her connection to the divining tool. She was not a master of divination, but she understood. Sampa sat on the chair opposite the woman.

"Where will my search for a cure for the Cold Touch lead?"
Lady Doom (played anonymously) Topic Starter

For Excalibur Umbra:

"Peace, I think, is fleeting at best," the fortune teller opined to Excalibur, shuffling her cards for several long moments, her movements fluid and well practiced before she draws 3 cards and points to each. “This is you. This is your path. This is your potential.”

She gestures to the first card. The You. "The Ace of Pentacles - Reversed." This card is upside down. It shows a hand appearing from a cloud. The hand holds a pentacle. Beneath, there is a garden with white lilies and a gate through green hedges.

"The reversed nature of the Ace of Pentacles suggests that good fortune has been just out of your grasp. You may soon be faced with an opportunity, be you should proceed cautiously - it is not the stroke of good luck that it first appears to be."

Second, the Path. "The Ten of Pentacles - Reversed." This card, like the Ace, is upside down. It shows an old man sitting and petting two white dogs. A younger couple stands nearby with a small child. They are in the courtyard of a large castle. "The Ten of Pentacles represents the accumulation of wealth, of putting down roots in a community. But it's reversed nature shows that you may be holding onto something that would be better left go. Is there an old commitment that no longer serves you? Are you doing something only because it is expected of you? Examine the path you are on and re-evaluate if it truly leads to the peace you seek."

Finally, the Potential. "The Nine of Wands - Reversed." The Nine of Wands shows an injured man, clutching a wand. He looks over his shoulder towards the eight wands that loom over him. He seems weary and worn, as though he has already been through a battle and now must face additional challenges with the presence of these eight wands.

"The challenges on your path are relentless, pummeling you with setback after setback. Old wounds, physical or emotional, will never truly give you rest for long. There will be more battles to be fought. Your previous experiences have only helped prepare you for what is yet to come."
Due to his size, only his head fit into the tent, big beautiful golden green eyed nesting hers, along with the eyes of the critters which sat amongst the grass on his head. "I have always had trouble with people, can you show me the path to overcome my fear?"
“….I want to help my brother, but I don’t know how. Fortune teller, would you tell me what I should do?”

Not currently accepting new appointments. Please check back later!

Edit: Those already in the queue will have fortunes told!

For Darrell Sanders:

"There is a soul meant for each of us..." Lady Doom muses as she draws Darrell's three cards, keeping them face down as she taps each one:

"This is where you will find her. This is how you will know her. And this is the challenge you will face."

The fortune teller turns over the first card. The Where. "The Six of Cups." This card shows a boy giving a cup to a girl. Inside the cup is a white flower. More cups with white flowers line the foreground. They are inside of a courtyard of a fortification. "This represents memories of the past. It seems you have already met her. It may be someone that you've previously held feelings for. Or it may have been an innocent childhood friendship."

Lady Doom reveals the second card. How he will know her. "The Page of Pentacles - Reversed." There is a young man holding a pentacle up to the sky. He wears a red hat. There are fertile fields in the background. "This represents opportunities, but the reversed nature may suggest she is searching for an opportunity or has recently lost her job or other financial support. She may feel on unstable footing when you meet again and not open to a relationship. It may appear as if she has nothing to offer you. In this case, you may need to extend a helping hand."

Finally, the fortune teller turns over the last card. The Challenge. "The Chariot." This depicts a man beneath a cloak of stars on a chariot pulled by a black sphinx and a white sphinx. The man holds no reins. "The opposite sphinxes suggest that you will find yourselves pulled in opposite directions. You will find success in your endeavors as a whole, but this success will create obstacles to overcome. You should not remain passive and hope that things work out in your favor. If no one is driving the chariot, it will soon go off course. Remember what is most important to you when encountering obstacles."

For Mongán Ó Cléirigh:

"Let us see what each option might bring you." Lady Doom draws three cards and keeps them face down.

She taps the first one. "This represents your option to settle down," she said and then turned it over to reveal it. "The Eight of Cups." This card show eight cups in the foreground, arranged as if one is missing. There is a man walking away toward a mountain and a river in the background.

"The Eight of Cups indicates that you will feel unsettled. That there is something missing in your life. And that, even though it will pain you greatly to do so, you will leave it for another journey."

The fortune teller taps the second card. "This represents keeping the stable and solitary order of your life." She flips the card and a mischievous smile almost immediately dances on her lips. "Or not so solitary. The King of Cups." The card depicts a king sitting on a throne surrounded by water. The king holds a cup in his hand and wears a gold fish pendant. "The king of cups represents an emotional stability, but he also represents a fatherly energy. Another will come into your life in need of your guidance and patience."

Finally, Lady Doom touches the last card. "This represents what may draw you in another direction." She turns over the card. "The Knight of Wands - Reversed." This card is upside down. It shows an armored knight riding a strong and brave horse. There is a red feather on his helmet and flames coming from his armor. The background has a desert and pyramids. "A project - something that you feel passionate about, but the reversed nature shows that factors beyond your control will stymy this project and lead to frustrations. Remind yourself to focus on the pieces that you can control."

For Sampaguita:

Lady Doom's eyes narrow into something akin to a glare at the crow before she quickly schools her features and returns her focus to Sampaguita. She draws three cards and points to them one at a time:

"This is you. This is your path. And this is your potential."

The fortune teller reveals the first card. "The Ace of Pentacles - Reversed." This card is upside down. It shows a hand appearing from a cloud. The hand holds a pentacle. Beneath, there is a garden with white lilies and a gate through green hedges.

"The Ace of Pentacles represents good fortune. But the reversed nature suggests that good fortune has been just out of your grasp. You may soon be faced with what appears to be a strong lead in your search, but proceed cautiously. As the saying goes, Don’t count your chickens before they hatch!”

She taps the middle card. "This is your path. Strength." The card depicts a woman dressed in white with an infinity symbol over her head. There is a lion before her and she is gently closing the lion's jaws. "The strength cards speaks to an inner strength and a spirit to overcome obstacles set in your path. Others may underestimate your power because it is so ‘invisible’ – but you should see that as an advantage. You can control a situation without excessive, outward force."

Lady Doom pauses thoughtfully, judging Sampaguita's attire and the bird upon the woman's shoulder. "Though it may also have a much more literal meaning. When confronted by a wild beast, seek to tame it and it will become your ally."

Finally, she turns over the last card. "This is your potential. The Six of Wands," she frowns slightly as there is little room to interpret the Six of Wands in any negative light and delivering such good news is contrary to her image. Still, she cannot contradict the cards. "Victory."

The card shows a figure riding a white horse amongst a cheering crowd. He wears a red cloak and a laurel leaf crown. "Your achievements will be celebrated and there will be a happy outcome to your endeavors."

Andorthal wrote:
Due to his size, only his head fit into the tent, big beautiful golden green eyed nesting hers, along with the eyes of the critters which sat amongst the grass on his head. "I have always had trouble with people, can you show me the path to overcome my fear?"

For Andorthal:

The fortune teller looks momentarily surprised, perhaps even frightened?, of the large head with very large teeth that had just entered her tent. However, it passes quickly. "And yet you are here," Lady Doom states to the dragon. "It would seem that you are already on the path."

She draws three cards and points to them each. "This will aid you. This will hinder you. And this is your unrealized potential."

She reveals the first card. "The Five of Cups." This shows a man in a long black cloak looking down on three cups that have been knocked over. Behind him stand two cups. In the background, a bridge crosses a river and leads to a castle. "This represents a pessimism about your situation. The three knocked over cups are symbolic of disappointments and failures. But, as shown by the two cups that are still standing, there are still opportunities available, if only you will turn around and see them. Safety is across the water."

"This will hinder you," she says as she turns the second card. "The Seven of Swords." This card depicts a man sneaking away from a military camp with five swords in his arms. He looks over his shoulder at the two upright swords he has left behind. "A betrayal or a deception. Are you good at discerning lies, dragon? Be wary of a human telling you something that seems too good to be true. Or trying to steal from you."

Finally, the last card. "Ten of Swords - Reversed." This card is upside down. It shows a man lying face down, apparently dead, with ten swords in his back. A red cape drapes over the lower half of his body. There is still water in the background. "The ten of swords represents dead ends. It is possible this is a trap set by the one who will betray you. However, the reversed nature of the card suggests there is a way forward if only you can see it." She points to the water on the card, "A recurring theme - look for the water."

For Staff Sergeant Alexandra Waker:

Lady Doom nods to the request. "The blood bonds of siblings are unbreakable," she comments as she draws three cards and points to each in turn:

"This is you. This is your brother. And this is how you might aid him."

The fortune teller turns the first card. "The Six of Cups," she says. This card shows a boy giving a cup to a girl. Inside the cup is a white flower. More cups with white flowers line the foreground. They are inside of a courtyard of a fortification. "This represents memories of the past. Your childhood memories of your brother are full of purity and innocence."

She pauses thoughtfully, wondering if there may be a deeper reason that card was revealed. Perhaps it will come to light with the rest of the reading.

She turns over the second card. The brother. "The Queen of Cups - Reversed." This card is upside down. It shows a Queen sitting upon a shell shaped throne. She holds a sacred cup. There is water and pebbles at her feet. "The reversed nature of the Queen of cups suggests a lack of emotions. Does your brother resist your help? Or has he lost touch with you completely? There is a lack of an emotional connection that is uncommon to see in a sibling relationship. Perhaps it will take reconnecting with that childhood memory to bring you together once again."

Finally, she turns the last card. "This is how you may aid him. The King of Wands - Reversed." This card is upside down. It shows a king seated upon a throne decorated with lions and lizards. The kind holds a budded wand in his right hand. "This means No action. The King of Wands reversed warns you against setting unrealistic expectations. You may be setting yourself up for failure if you set goals that are significantly out of reach and then pushing hard to reach those unattainable goals. Now is not the time for hasty action. Bide your time. Await your moment. And look to that childhood memory for guidance."

Taking a limited number of appointments. New clients only! 3 open appointment slots.

Nina Phelps (played by Dawnia)

(Hope I’m doing this correctly)
Lady Doom wrote:
Lady Doom’s tent is dimly lit by the sun trickling in through pinpricks in the thin, dark fabric and a single candle. Incense burns over to the side, filling the area with a velvety plume of fog. The fortune teller awaits at a wooden table, shuffling her deck of well worn cards with nimble fingers. “Have a seat,” she invites, gesturing to the chair in front of her table as she spreads the cards out, face down.

“Tell me, what is it you wish to ask?”*

---

To participate, post a question as your character. Lady Doom will consult the cards on your character's behalf. This works best if it's an open-ended (i.e. NOT a yes/no) question. Lady Doom will only perform one reading per character. So choose wisely!

*Lady Doom shall not be held responsible for bad dice rolls, misfortunes, or character deaths that occurs after the reading.

Nina was out on a run when she noticed a Bohemian Street Fair happening in the local park. Of course she paused her run and she went to browse the stalls. After she spent a couple hundred dollars on bellydance skirts and belts, she figured she dented the credit card enough, plus the noonday sun was getting a bit warm. She needed to head home…

As she reached the other end of the park, she saw the fortune teller’s tent and paused. She debated with herself for a few minutes before walking up to the tent. “I could use some insight…” she said to herself as she breathed in some of the incense that came from the tent. Finally walking through the door, she looked around. There sitting at a table was the fortune teller who said, “Have a seat…”

Nina set her bags down and sat down in the chair opposite the fortune teller who then asked, “Tell me, what is it you wish to ask?”

Nina took in a breath as she had a lot of questions, but she could only ask one. With a slight nod, Nina looked to the fortune teller’s eye in the candlelight and said, “I’ve been married for twenty years. I’d say the majority of that time it has been a happy marriage, but the last half-dozen years it seems like it has gone flat… like a car tire with a slow leak. Now we both have been faithful, but of late, those thoughts have come, and now the temptation to stray lingers large. I can’t stop thinking of the handsome neighbor over the back fence. We get along well, but he too is married so it is quite taboo. Then my husband proposed we do something… crazy, and my dance friend wants my husband and I to go to this… party for couples…”

Nina cleared her throat as she realized she was getting long winded and needed to ask a question… “I guess what I want to know is what your cards say about my life choices… will I just ‘continue’ with my husband, have an affair with my married neighbor, or do something crazy with my husband… either what he wants to do or this party my friend invited us to?”

Nina hoped that it was an open-ended question of choices and not too many questions tied together as one…
The little girl leaves her summon outside the tent and steps in, taking on the scene before her before sitting down on the chair across the fortune teller. She looked a bit nervous, but there was a fire of determination in her eyes.

"I realize I took on a dangerous mission for Atalon...to revive Void magic and make it understood by the people... but aside from Anon, I'm alone. Do you think i'll be able to do it?"
Viki (played by MissLumina)

She was out doing errands for her master, known as Jaxon, then noticed a tent here and decided to go inside to see what this was all about. Then when Lady Doom told her to take a seat, she did so and heard her question as she noticed tarot cards also. She only had one question in mind for this fortune teller. "I have a master; his name is Jaxon. Will I find an easy life with him? My life has been hell before we met."
Funny Valentine (played anonymously)

"Please, read my fortune with the.. ahem... 'little' money I have left." The President looks bewildered. "What must I do to save my country?"

All appointments now booked.

For Nina Phelps:

"The cards cannot say what you will do," replied Lady Doom with a coy smile. "Only offer a glimpse into what you might find with each path."

She draws three cards, keeping them face down, and points to each in turn. "This is a continuation of what is known and safe and comfortable. This is the affair. And this, the unknown adventure."

Lady Doom turns the first card - the 'continue' option. Her lips curl upwards in the unsurprising result. "The Tower - Reversed." This card is upside down. It depicts a tower built upon a rocky mountain top. The tower is being hit by lightning and a crown is falling off the top. "The reversed nature of the tower represents no sudden strike. It can symbolize confinement, the expected, and resisting an opportunity to change. The tower is also your stronghold and your sense of place. Rushing to demolish your prison may lead to a loss of other things you hold dear."

She puts a finger on the second card - the affair. "There is an allure with handsome neighbors..." she says, that is her own commentary and nothing to do with the cards. She flips it over and her smirk fades into a more neutral expression. "The Page of Wands - Reversed." This cards is also upside down. It shows a page holding a wand full of new buds. He is in a desert and looking up high. "The Page of Wands represents an opportunity, however the reversed nature suggests it may not prove all that was imagined. It will lack passion, lack excitement, and not offer you growth."

She moves to the third card and turns it over - the unknown adventure. "Five of Pentacles - Reversed. All reversed," her brow furrows slightly as the result here is not as clear - perhaps because the option itself is murky. The illustration on the card shows people walking out in the cold in a snow storm. One is wounded and one is crippled. "The Five of Pentacles can represent feeling ignored or left out. However, the reversed nature suggests that may start to change for the positive. Your husband may have an idea that you will enjoy. Or ..." here was that duel nature of this option that made it still murky "...going to the party may lead to feeling welcome, accepted, and part of a group."
Nina Phelps (played by Dawnia)

Nina’s Tarot Card Reading
Lady Doom wrote:
For Nina Phelps:

"The cards cannot say what you will do," replied Lady Doom with a coy smile. "Only offer a glimpse into what you might find with each path."

She draws three cards, keeping them face down, and points to each in turn. "This is a continuation of what is known and safe and comfortable. This is the affair. And this, the unknown adventure."

Lady Doom turns the first card - the 'continue' option. Her lips curl upwards in the unsurprising result. "The Tower - Reversed." This card is upside down. It depicts a tower built upon a rocky mountain top. The tower is being hit by lightning and a crown is falling off the top. "The reversed nature of the tower represents no sudden strike. It can symbolize confinement, the expected, and resisting an opportunity to change. The tower is also your stronghold and your sense of place. Rushing to demolish your prison may lead to a loss of other things you hold dear."

She puts a finger on the second card - the affair. "There is an allure with handsome neighbors..." she says, that is her own commentary and nothing to do with the cards. She flips it over and her smirk fades into a more neutral expression. "The Page of Wands - Reversed." This cards is also upside down. It shows a page holding a wand full of new buds. He is in a desert and looking up high. "The Page of Wands represents an opportunity, however the reversed nature suggests it may not prove all that was imagined. It will lack passion, lack excitement, and not offer you growth."

She moves to the third card and turns it over - the unknown adventure. "Five of Pentacles - Reversed. All reversed," her brow furrows slightly as the result here is not as clear - perhaps because the option itself is murky. The illustration on the card shows people walking out in the cold in a snow storm. One is wounded and one is crippled. "The Five of Pentacles can represent feeling ignored or left out. However, the reversed nature suggests that may start to change for the positive. Your husband may have an idea that you will enjoy. Or ..." here was that duel nature of this option that made it still murky "...going to the party may lead to feeling welcome, accepted, and part of a group."

Nina nodded her understanding to what the fortune teller said before she watched the fortune teller lay out three cards to be read. Glimpse down each path was exactly what she needed right now, so she was glad she chose to see this lady.

The first card… Nina weighed the fortuneteller’s words as she spoke, staying mindful of other events around her and how she felt as she spoke of each possibility. Nina nodded slightly as she briefly looked up to the fortune teller when she paused to reach for the second card.

Taking a deeper breath as she listened to the fortune teller’s words about her neighbor. It was something she had tested the water on at a block-watch party a week ago when she literally threw herself at him. The affair might be better in her head than if it ever played out in reality. She would have to match her thoughts with those possibilities read from the first card.

As the fortune teller read the third card, Nina leaned forward and looked at the card as she spoke. Of the three paths Nina laid in her question, it was this one that brought her the most doubt and anxiety. That path forked again almost immediately after it broke away.yet it was this reading that seemed to have the most magnetism for her. Why? Was it this fear of the unknown? Did she want to stay in her hilltop castle and let life ‘continue’?

There was silence in the tent for a brief moment as Nina pondered all this. She nodded and reached for her wallet and pulled out her emergency twenty dollar bill and sat it on the table.” Well, this has given me a lot to think about. It clarified some things for me and made other things murkier. I thank you for this.”

Nina stood up and gathered her bags and walked back to the door and went out so the next person could come in.

For Louise the Reincarnator:

"Even the aid of only one can push you forward when you falter," Lady Doom says about Anon as she shuffles her cards, then spreads them out with a well practiced motion. She draws 3 cards and lays them face down in front of Louise.

She points to the first card. "This will aid you on your mission," she says, then reveals it. "The Page of Swords." This illustrates a young man holding a sword to the sky. The sky is cool and cloudy and the wind whips his hair. "This symbolizes action and energy. You must stand ready to defend your ideas, even in the face of criticism and there will, undoubtedly, be criticism."

Lady Doom taps on the second card. "This will hinder you." She turns over the card. "Curious.... The Page of Pentacles." There is a young man holding a pentacle up to the sky. He wears a red hat. There are fertile fields in the background. "This represents an opportunity - something that will certainly be good for you on a personal level. So it is curious that it is cast in the hinderance role. It may be that the opportunity will sidetrack you so completely from your mission that it will remain unfulfilled. You will need to decide which is more important."

She held the girl's gaze for a moment before turning her attention to the last card and flipped it over. "If you see this mission through to the end, this will be the outcome. The Ace of Wands." This card show a hand emerging from a cloud and holding a wand. In the background is a green landscape and a calm river. Eight leaves are falling from the wand. "A whole world of possibilities. This magic that you seek to revive will create opportunities full of fertility and vitality. It will create challenges as well, but ones that can be overcome. The Ace of Wands encourages you to listen to your instincts and follow your gut.

"Keep in mind, however, that the Aces represent potential but not guaranteed results. It is a seed that will need further tending to grow into something more substantial or sustainable. See this card as the spark needed to fuel a massive fire, but remember that the flash itself is not enough to keep the flames burning."

Nina Phelps wrote:

There was silence in the tent for a brief moment as Nina pondered all this. She nodded and reached for her wallet and pulled out her emergency twenty dollar bill and sat it on the table.” Well, this has given me a lot to think about. It clarified some things for me and made other things murkier. I thank you for this.”

Nina stood up and gathered her bags and walked back to the door and went out so the next person could come in.

<3

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Fortunes (Character Tarot Readings) - Closed!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus