Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Fortunes (Character Tarot Readings) - Closed!

Lady Doom (played anonymously) Topic Starter

For Viki:

"The fates do not deal in absolutes," Lady Doom reminded Viki. "The cards are meant as a guide to finding the best path. If you are bound to another, your options for picking your own path may be limited, but let us see perhaps how you may better navigate the one you must walk..."

The fortune teller shuffled her well worn deck then drew the top three cards and laid them face down in front of Viki.

"This is you. This is your master. And this is how you might improve the relationship."

She turns over the first card, the one that represents Viki. "The Page of Pentacles - Reversed." There is a young man holding a pentacle up to the sky. He wears a red hat. There are fertile fields in the background. The card is upside down. "This represents opportunities, but the reversed nature may suggest you are still searching for the right time to bring forth your ideas. That is understandable in any new relationship - particularly in ones with an uneven balance of power. Give yourself time to reevaluate."

Next she points to the middle card, the one that represents Jaxon, and turns it over. "The Empress." This shows the seated figure of a young girl wearing a crown full of stars. She is surrounded by nature and sits upon a large red cushion. "The Empress represents something fresh, where the new and young can grow. It may mean that your master enjoys some kind of art - music, drama, painting? It is always more difficult to discern aspects of those not present." She hesitates, not wanting to instill the girl with false hope. "It can also signify an abundance of life's pleasures and luxuries - something those in that position are not always grateful for."

Lady Doom turns over the final card. "This is how you might improve upon your relationship with him. The Six of Pentacles." The card shows a man standing dressed in a red robe, handing out coins to two beggars who kneel at his feet. In his left hand, he holds a balanced scale. "This represents generosity. Both giving and receiving are art forms in and of themselves. If you are gifted something, show gratitude. If you are able, provide a gift in return, however small."

The fortune teller left the cards shown for another few moments and then slid them back to her deck.

"Should I send the bill to Jaxon?"
Viki (played by MissLumina)

Lady Doom wrote:
For Viki:

"The fates do not deal in absolutes," Lady Doom reminded Viki. "The cards are meant as a guide to finding the best path. If you are bound to another, your options for picking your own path may be limited, but let us see perhaps how you may better navigate the one you must walk..."

The fortune teller shuffled her well worn deck then drew the top three cards and laid them face down in front of Viki.

"This is you. This is your master. And this is how you might improve the relationship."

She turns over the first card, the one that represents Viki. "The Page of Pentacles - Reversed." There is a young man holding a pentacle up to the sky. He wears a red hat. There are fertile fields in the background. The card is upside down. "This represents opportunities, but the reversed nature may suggest you are still searching for the right time to bring forth your ideas. That is understandable in any new relationship - particularly in ones with an uneven balance of power. Give yourself time to reevaluate."

Next she points to the middle card, the one that represents Jaxon, and turns it over. "The Empress." This shows the seated figure of a young girl wearing a crown full of stars. She is surrounded by nature and sits upon a large red cushion. "The Empress represents something fresh, where the new and young can grow. It may mean that your master enjoys some kind of art - music, drama, painting? It is always more difficult to discern aspects of those not present." She hesitates, not wanting to instill the girl with false hope. "It can also signify an abundance of life's pleasures and luxuries - something those in that position are not always grateful for."

Lady Doom turns over the final card. "This is how you might improve upon your relationship with him. The Six of Pentacles." The card shows a man standing dressed in a red robe, handing out coins to two beggars who kneel at his feet. In his left hand, he holds a balanced scale. "This represents generosity. Both giving and receiving are art forms in and of themselves. If you are gifted something, show gratitude. If you are able, provide a gift in return, however small."

The fortune teller left the cards shown for another few moments and then slid them back to her deck.

"Should I send the bill to Jaxon?"

She listened to her carefully explaining what to do next and would do her best to remember this information to relay the message to Jaxon. When Lady Doom asked Viki about the bill, she left his contact information and smiled at her warmly. "Thanks a lot; you're a big help." Jaxon's information was written on a note, and she left the tent to make it back home safely.
Lady Doom wrote:
For Louise the Reincarnator:

"Even the aid of only one can push you forward when you falter," Lady Doom says about Anon as she shuffles her cards, then spreads them out with a well practiced motion. She draws 3 cards and lays them face down in front of Louise.

She points to the first card. "This will aid you on your mission," she says, then reveals it. "The Page of Swords." This illustrates a young man holding a sword to the sky. The sky is cool and cloudy and the wind whips his hair. "This symbolizes action and energy. You must stand ready to defend your ideas, even in the face of criticism and there will, undoubtedly, be criticism."

Lady Doom taps on the second card. "This will hinder you." She turns over the card. "Curious.... The Page of Pentacles." There is a young man holding a pentacle up to the sky. He wears a red hat. There are fertile fields in the background. "This represents an opportunity - something that will certainly be good for you on a personal level. So it is curious that it is cast in the hinderance role. It may be that the opportunity will sidetrack you so completely from your mission that it will remain unfulfilled. You will need to decide which is more important."

She held the girl's gaze for a moment before turning her attention to the last card and flipped it over. "If you see this mission through to the end, this will be the outcome. The Ace of Wands." This card show a hand emerging from a cloud and holding a wand. In the background is a green landscape and a calm river. Eight leaves are falling from the wand. "A whole world of possibilities. This magic that you seek to revive will create opportunities full of fertility and vitality. It will create challenges as well, but ones that can be overcome. The Ace of Wands encourages you to listen to your instincts and follow your gut.

"Keep in mind, however, that the Aces represent potential but not guaranteed results. It is a seed that will need further tending to grow into something more substantial or sustainable. See this card as the spark needed to fuel a massive fire, but remember that the flash itself is not enough to keep the flames burning."

The girl was silent as the fortuneteller told her fate and the possibilities within. But the girl got the confirmation that she needed, that she was on the right path and following her instinct was the way to go.

"Even with the hindrances and the difficulties ahead, I will forge forward and use every advantage to reach my goal. Thank you for your guidance"

Her smile was bright and contagious. Before she left however, she left a small gift to the woman who helped her. On the table she laid a glowing green stone, full of her magic.

"Thank you again, and I wish you the best my lady."

With that the little girl left the tent, even more determined than before.

For Funny Valentine:

Lady Doom shuffled her cards slowly as she considered the man before her. He did not strike her as one of her usual clientele. Looks and perception, though, can be deceiving. "Hmmm", something of a hum left her. "A heavy burden for one man."

She spreads the cards out in a line, closes her eyes, takes a deep breath. For several moments, both of her hands hover above the cards, as if she is allowing the fates to guide her. She selects two with her right hand and one with her left hand, sliding them toward Funny Valentine.

"This is your opportunity. This is your challenge. This is your outcome," she says, tapping the three cards from left to right.

She turns over the first card - the opportunity. "The Three of Wands - Reversed." The card depicts a robed man standing on a high mountain, looking out at the view. Three wands surround him and he holds firmly onto one of them. Ships are sailing in the background. The card is upside down. "Your adversary believes he holds the high ground. Perhaps he is right, though he is no longer moving forward. He has lost sight of the small details - look for how you might capitalize on that."

The fortune teller taps on the second card - the challenge. "The Six of Swords." A boatman poles a passenger boat with sad people on his vessel. The water is calm and the shore is distant. There are six swords stabbed on the boat.

"You will need to rely on someone that does not have your full confidence. You must trust that the boatman will take you safely to the far shore. Often this is metaphorical - help navigating counterproductive thoughts. But in your case, this may be much more literal - a flight to a foreign land."

Her attention goes back to the first card and points to the ship in the background. "It may be one and the same. Your enemy watches you leave."

Finally, she turns over the last card - the outcome. "The Chariot." This depicts a man beneath a cloak of stars on a chariot pulled by a black sphinx and a white sphinx. The man holds no reins. "The sphinxes symbolize being guided by the wisdom of the Gods and the Kings. The ultimate victor in this challenge will be the one that harness opposing forces through willpower and resolve to steer the chariot in the direction he wants."

Accepting 2 more appointments.

Bucciarati make a rather....fancy entry with Sticky Fingers' zipper, popping through one in the wall, and with a quick movement, the new zipper in the wall created by Sticky Fingers was removed and the place was fine, as though it never happened. "My apologies, I have a bit of a trust issue...I want to know, Miss Fortune Teller, with my mission to safeguard Trish, what is my destiny?"

Edit: I realized it's difficult to understand Sticky Fingers so I just edited the post....Heh.
Noble Six (played by Shadeslayer45)

the armor clad SPARTAN approaches the tent of this fortune teller with a simple question on his mind upon his entry into the tent the SPARTAN III would ask his question

"i have spent my entire life fighting tell me fortune teller is there anything else for someone like me?"

Bruno Bucciarati wrote:
Bucciarati make a rather....fancy entry with Sticky Fingers' zipper, popping through one in the wall. "I want to know, Miss Fortune Teller, with my mission to safeguard Trish, what is my destiny?"

"My services are not available to those that destroy my property."

For Noble Six:

"If you choose to make it so," she answered. That, of course, is not why Noble Six is here though and she gestures for him to take a seat.
Lady Doom reshuffles her cards, spreads them out, and then draws 3, all face down.

"This is You, This is Your Path, This is Your Potential," she said while tapping each of the cards.

She flips over the first card - the you. "The Knight of Swords." This shows an armored knight charging forth on a white horse. The knight’s sword is held high. In the background are storm clouds and the trees bend in the strong winds. "The Knight of Swords suggests that you are quick to take action and tend not to plan ahead, instead preferring to dive right in. You thrive on high levels of energy that propel you forward and inspire you to take action to manifest your goals."

The fortune teller turns the next card - the path. "The Nine of Swords." This card depicts a woman sitting up in her bed with her head in her hands. She appears to have been jolted awake from a terrible nightmare that has left her disturbed, scared and anxious. Nine swords hang on the dark wall behind her. "Does this worry over something "more" keep you awake at night?" Lady Doom pondered, trying to peer through the visor to see the eyes behind it. "If you allow this anxiety to rule you, you may close yourself to new opportunities and run the risk of it becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy. The Nine of Swords asks you to break the cycle in order to create a different outcome."

Finally, the last card, the potential. "The King of Cups - Reversed." A king sits on a large stone throne and wears a blue tunic and a gold cape. A small fish amulet hangs around his neck. In his right hand, he holds a cup, and his left has a sceptre. "When you open yourself to emotions that you have not allowed yourself to experience before, beware of a vindictive individual. One who has, and will use, the ability to manipulate your emotions to serve their own ends."

Currently open to new players. If you've already requested a fortune for another character, please hold. I'm glad the thread is so popular, but would like to give everyone a chance and I can only consult the fates so many times in a day!
Ella Pegasus (played by Dark_Goddess)

Seeing a mysterious tent, Ella got curious and decided to check it out. Upon entering, she saw a lovely woman sitting at a table. In front of her was a deck of what appeared to be tarot cards. "Hello ma'am," she greeted politely. "I want to know about my future. I've been through so much lately and just wanted to know if everything will finally be peaceful."
Luna Night (played by ShadowFlame2022)

Luna had heard about a tarot reader and was curious, she walked into the tellers place and looked around. "Hello." She said in a small voice, "Can I hear about my future? If your not busy of course!"

For Ella Pegasus:

"A broad question," Lady Doom comments. "Peace is fleeting, at best, and must be found moment to moment."

She gestures for Ella to sit as she shuffles her cards for several long moments, her movements fluid and well practiced before she draws 3 cards and points to each. “This is you. This is your path. This is your potential.”

She gestures to the first card. The You. "The Four of Wands." The card shows a warm environment with four wands in the foreground decorated with flowers as a welcome wreath. There are happy people holding flowers and a caste in the background. "You have been welcomed with joy to a place where you are loved. I see joy with family and friends."

Second, the Path. "The Six of Cups - Reversed." This shows an old house inside a walled city. There are cups with white flowers, children playing and a guard patrolling in the background. There is a boy giving a cup to a girl. The card is upside down. "Hmmm..." Lady Doom thought a moment. "Placed in the position of your path, the reversed six of cups suggests there is something significant that you have forgotten. Likely something about a childhood friend," she said, indicating the boy on the card. "This person is important and will resurface. But you should beware - their motives will not be as pure as he would have you believe."

Finally, the Potential. "The King of Pentacles - Reversed." This card depicts a king sitting on a solid throne with bull heads. He wears a cloak with grape patterns and is holding a pentacle. There is a castle in the background. This card is upside down. "This represents a troubling problem with wealth. There is an illusion of richness. This might be a large debt that is owed. Or may represent a loss of physical items that you currently enjoy."

"Perhaps," the fortune teller offered, "a problem that arises when the person from your childhood returns into your life."
Amber (played by Dib2435)

Amber walked into the tent wearing her usually outfit it was easy to tell that she was tired " Hey listen Miss. Doom, I don't really trust these things. Thankfully I am willing to give it a shot " The blonde said as she sat in the chair arcoss from the furtion teller " You see I work for the government and my job mainly deals with outer space and that junk. I just wanted to make sure this job doesn't end me up being dead. I would really appreciate if you could help me out with that. Btw the name Amber "
Aisling cautiously walks into the tent, still pulling the two suitcases, wearing a backpack, a fanny pack and a pumpkin full of various kinds of candy. If one would look at the fanny pack, he or she would see that it was a miniature cage.
The female looks very tired, worried and pain was showing in her face, whether it was from the many miles she had traveled or some kind of emotional turmoil of some kind or simply tired of more than what is seen on the surface, she does not know.

"Hello, Miss Doom. " Aisling spoke softly as she sat down.
"I need some kind of help though I don't know what kind yet. I feel lost and not wanted but don't know why. So I came to see if you can give me some direction in my life. What I want to do is to open a business of some kind that will provide a good living and benefit others who need help. Maybe even learn how to read taro cards. Can you see anything of use for me? Anything to guide me towards my goal."
Charlotte Evergrande (played by Lumaslily)

Charlotte was walking through the neighborhood after retiring from a long day of teaching until she came across a mysterious tent that was hosting free tarot card readings. Although the bard wasn't one for fortune-telling since they were mostly considered scams, Charlotte was suddenly feeling a bit curious. She wearily approached the tent and pulled back the flaps, slowly scanning the area before taking a seat by the nearby cushion and awaiting her reading.

For Luna Night:

"You may," Lady Doom answered, a private, playful smirk playing on her lips. "Your future, one would hope, will be long and who knows when the events foretold will occur? But let us ask anyway..."

Lady Doom says and shuffles the cards before picking 3 and laying them out on the table in front of Luna. "This will help you," she said as she turned over the first card. "The Ace of Swords." The card shows a hand emerging from a cloud and holding a sword. Atop the sword is a crown with leaves. In the background are distant mountains. "Clarity..."

"Let us return to that one with more context..."

She turned over the second card. "This is what will hinder you. The Five of Pentacles." It shows two people, one wounded and one crippled, walking outside in the snow at night time.

"And this," the fortune teller turned the last card, "is your unrealized potential. The Hermit." The third card depicts a man upon snowy mountain top wearing a grey cloak and holding up a lantern. He carries a walking stick.

She looks to the three cards together, then to Luna - studying something in her eyes for several long moments before returning her attention to the cards. "Mountains and snow ..." she mused.

"You will suffer an injury - perhaps a physical one, perhaps an emotional wound. This will occur during the winter months. It will bring clarity to who you can rely on - only your truest friends will be there for you during this time. Look for them - they may not be who you expect. From this trial, you will gain wisdom and only in hindsight, when you can look at the full picture from above, will you completely understand why those you thought would aid you were not there when you needed them."
Landing nearby in the Mark 43, Theo steps out of the armour and into the tent. "I heard that you offer readings of people's fortunes. Given my apparent lack of them, I was hoping you'd be able to tell me if my physical and mental health are going to improve, and how much by."
Hayato Kawajiri (played anonymously)

The young boy walks into the building, seeking shelter from the rain. "Is this... Mrs. Doom?" He asks, worried about something. " I had to leave Morioh to find this place.." He would rub some rain off of his forehead as he stares up at the woman. "You have to help, there's no more time." He was nearly in tears. "My dad isn't actually my dad, he's being impersonated by Yo-" He covers his mouth. "How can I kill him?"
Alexander was walking nearby with his hands in his pockets. hmm card readings seems interesting. he thought to himself before walking into the tent. "Lady Doom this is such a nice place... as for my question, how will I find true peace after the death of my only friend?" he questioned while taking a seat.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Fortunes (Character Tarot Readings) - Closed!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus