Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: New D&D Character

Claine Moderator

My group of friends is playing a level 3 one-shot soon and I'm struggling to settle on an idea!

- must be a valid race/class from D&D Players Handbook
- must be good aligned
- I'm not interested in playing a magic heavy class since my current main character is one (so probably no Wizards Sorcerers or Warlocks)

Other than that it's fair game!!
The character is:
- race: dwarf
- class: bard folk hero
- wealth: poor / modest
- personality: despite the muscular physique and menacing appearance, the character is actually friendly and approachable, willing to help others in need, and enjoy a jolly good time playing the lute
My character submission:

Species: Rock Gnome.
Class: Fighter.
Subclass: Battle Master.
Background: Gladiator/Entertainer.
Alignment: Chaotic Good.
Trait: Nobody stays angry at me or around me for very long, since I can defuse any amount of tension.
Ideal: Tradition. The stories, legends and songs of the past must never be forgotten, for they teach us who we are.
Bond: I want to be famous, whatever it takes.
Flaw: I'm a sucker for a pretty face.
Talent: Extremely talented at any card game.
Species. Wood Elf
Class. Rogue (Thief)
Alignment. Chaotic Good
Background. Street Urchin/Any
Summary. They're stealing from the rich, but not because of an overarching commitment to overthrowing the rich. Instead, they're paying off a debt on the behalf of someone who can't pay themselves. Whose the one charging their client? That's up to you!
A satyr! Specifically a doe satyr who is duel-classed monk and bard. They are AFAB but are non-binary. Their preferred instrument is an ocarina.
A changeling who witnessed a murder of a prince, knowing that prince was a man who supposed to bring peace to their kingdom. Changeling makes ultimate sacrifice, he hides prince body and takes his place.
Not contributing a character design as such but one thing that I have occasionally done when itching to play something new and completely out of the ballpark from my usual is to write down a list - for example, of D&D races -, to exclude the ones that I repeatedly go for and then to dice-roll. It adds a rather wonderful element of randomisation.
They wear minimal clothing, but the one thing they're always wearing is a rainbow colored scarf hip belt sort of thing.. They never go anywhere without it. Why? Maybe someone else can piggy back off this idea.
MercyInReach wrote:
They wear minimal clothing, but the one thing they're always wearing is a rainbow colored scarf hip belt sort of thing.. They never go anywhere without it. Why? Maybe someone else can piggy bag off this idea.
Out of spite for anyone who complains about it.
Kim Site Admin

Okay hear me out: it's a fighter, but they started life going to wizard school under pressure from their family. They failed out because they were just not at all suited. Picked up brawling because they got in so many bar fights during the process of failing out.

Possibly they think they DO have some low-level innate magical talent like being able to read the future from throwing bones. They are wrong 100% of the time but this has not disillusioned them.
Claine Topic Starter Moderator

Kim wrote:
Okay hear me out: it's a fighter, but they started life going to wizard school under pressure from their family. They failed out because they were just not at all suited. Picked up brawling because they got in so many bar fights during the process of failing out.

Possibly they think they DO have some low-level innate magical talent like being able to read the future from throwing bones. They are wrong 100% of the time but this has not disillusioned them.

Aw this is so cute! I love it!

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: New D&D Character

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus