Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Hades' Treehouse (CLOSED)

Ginger (played by GingerHades)

Hades always loved human culture and its yearly traditions. And Halloween was among her favourites.

What better time for monsters to roam freely, to be celebrated instead of feared? Hades, being a monster herself, was very content to partake in the festivities; she had decided to stay at the treehouse and hand out candy to the trick-or-treaters! Although the place was a bit secluded, she went out of her way to make it noticeable for the time being. A trail of candles leading into the forest, the warm glow of jack-o-lanterns and the light inside the treehouse would create the perfect path to the treehouse, where the demon waited for guests.

She sat on the balcony, fur raised, teeth bared, eyes glowing red. Halloween was a spooky season, and Hades felt comfortable displaying her demonic nature for once in her life. The glowing eyes doubled as night vision, so not only did they help set the mood, but they were also proving to be useful at this time of night!

With wings fanned out and a bucket of assorted candy in her paws, she was ready to swoop down from the balcony and fill everyone's bags with treats.
Eliane (played by SavannahSmiles)

Eliane drifted through the trees, following the glowing trail that lead her through the forest. She wasn't sure of this was going to lead her anywhere, but she was curious to see what was at the end of the trail. As she continued walking, she saw a glow through the foliage and picked up her pace, eventually arriving in front of a treehouse. Halloween was still a relatively new concept to her, but she had seen how fun it had looked and she wanted to try it out. A pair of black cat ears sat perched on top of her head and she had pinned a cats tail to the back of her shorts. It had taken her a few tries but she eventually managed to paint whiskers on her face that didn't look crooked. All in all, it was a very basic costume, but she thought she had done well for her very first time dressing up. She gazed upwards at the treehouse, spying glowing red eyes up on a balcony. Giving a bright smile, she waved cheerily. "Trick or treat!"
Ginger (played by GingerHades) Topic Starter

"Hahee'loon, mar'tah!" The demon rasped in an otherwordly language, before gliding down from the balcony and landing in front of the human. Hades cleared her throat. "Ahem, sorry. That means "Hello mortal" in demonic. Don't really get to speak it often, but why not speak it now?"

With a smile, Hades grabbed a fistful of candy and prepared to place it in whatever bag or bucket the human was using to contain her collected treats. "Nice costume, by the way! It's cute!"

Even if the human's costume was basic, that didn't mean it was bad. As long as they were costumed, Hades was more than happy to give them candy.
Keet (played by Keet)

Hades wrote:
Hades always loved human culture and its yearly traditions. And Halloween was among her favourites.

What better time for monsters to roam freely, to be celebrated instead of feared? Hades, being a monster herself, was very content to partake in the festivities; she had decided to stay at the treehouse and hand out candy to the trick-or-treaters! Although the place was a bit secluded, she went out of her way to make it noticeable for the time being. A trail of candles leading into the forest, the warm glow of jack-o-lanterns and the light inside the treehouse would create the perfect path to the treehouse, where the demon waited for guests.

She sat on the balcony, fur raised, teeth bared, eyes glowing red. Halloween was a spooky season, and Hades felt comfortable displaying her demonic nature for once in her life. The glowing eyes doubled as night vision, so not only did they help set the mood, but they were also proving to be useful at this time of night!

With wings fanned out and a bucket of assorted candy in her paws, she was ready to swoop down from the balcony and fill everyone's bags with treats.

Ah, a fellow treehouse connoisseur! Keet was stretching her wings out to prepare for flight when she saw a feathered friend dive down and bestow fellow trick-or-treaters with some glorious, sugary gold! She sang a high note in delight, and gleefully awaited her turn in her sailor costume with bag outstretched.

[Trick or tweet!]

Wait.. was that the smell of.. chicken? A shiver was sent down her birdy spine!

Hades perked up, upon noticing her feathery guest. "Oh, hi there! Happy Halloween!"

She happily skipped closer, a big handful of assorted candy clutched in one paw. The smell of chicken turned out to be coming Hades herself, as it only got stronger as she approached. Little did the unikeet know that Hades just normally smelled that way...

Hades happily placed the candy into the outstretched bag. "Love your costume! I don't think I've seen a costume like that one yet!"

And she hasn't. Sailor costumes weren't the most common, from what the demon has seen. Most preferred to dress up as monsters or animals, or popular characters from Overworld media. This one was quite new to her!
Moll (played by TheLittleWitch)

Bare, dirty feet made no sounds overtop the fallen autumn leaves carpeting the forest floor, though the long skirt of her black dress swept them along in her wake. How pleasant it was, the welcoming path of flickering candles with their golden glow, spearing through the inky darkness of twisted trees all around. A beacon, of sorts. Wasn’t it? An invitation?

As she drew near, the warm illumination from the Jack-O-Lanterns and the light spilling from the tree house washed over her. It bathed the bone-white of the wolf skull that she wore as a mask in orange, and only eerily deepened the shadows in features and pits on it. Her lengthy, dark hair was left to tumble and tangle uncombed around the skull, like a bit of a mane. The black linen dress she donned was trimmed with lace and buttoned neatly from her navel to her throat. Small bits of twigs and leaves had caught in the lacing at the bottom of the dress’s skirt, but the maiden didn’t seem to be bothered. Two or three white moths appeared to hover nearby, occasionally landing here or there on her.

From behind the skull mask, pale blue eyes beheld the demon and the unikeet chatting at the foot of the tree house. T’was such a lovely season. The times that the veils were the thinnest were undeniably the most magical, and she devoured the sensation.

“Greetings,” she bid softly to announce her presence. “A dreadfully exhilarating evening, isn’t it?” She approached the two creatures and reached into the wicker basket hanging from the crook of her left arm. She left the previously gathered, mysterious treats inside and pulled out two tidy bundles of Forget-Me-Not flowers.

She offered a bundle to both Hades and Keet, as a well wishing.
Keet (played by Keet)

Hades wrote:
Hades perked up, upon noticing her feathery guest. "Oh, hi there! Happy Halloween!"

She happily skipped closer, a big handful of assorted candy clutched in one paw. The smell of chicken turned out to be coming Hades herself, as it only got stronger as she approached. Little did the unikeet know that Hades just normally smelled that way...

Hades happily placed the candy into the outstretched bag. "Love your costume! I don't think I've seen a costume like that one yet!"

And she hasn't. Sailor costumes weren't the most common, from what the demon has seen. Most preferred to dress up as monsters or animals, or popular characters from Overworld media. This one was quite new to her!
Moll wrote:
Bare, dirty feet made no sounds overtop the fallen autumn leaves carpeting the forest floor, though the long skirt of her black dress swept them along in her wake. How pleasant it was, the welcoming path of flickering candles with their golden glow, spearing through the inky darkness of twisted trees all around. A beacon, of sorts. Wasn’t it? An invitation?

As she drew near, the warm illumination from the Jack-O-Lanterns and the light spilling from the tree house washed over her. It bathed the bone-white of the wolf skull that she wore as a mask in orange, and only eerily deepened the shadows in features and pits on it. Her lengthy, dark hair was left to tumble and tangle uncombed around the skull, like a bit of a mane. The black linen dress she donned was trimmed with lace and buttoned neatly from her navel to her throat. Small bits of twigs and leaves had caught in the lacing at the bottom of the dress’s skirt, but the maiden didn’t seem to be bothered. Two or three white moths appeared to hover nearby, occasionally landing here or there on her.

From behind the skull mask, pale blue eyes beheld the demon and the unikeet chatting at the foot of the tree house. T’was such a lovely season. The times that the veils were the thinnest were undeniably the most magical, and she devoured the sensation.

“Greetings,” she bid softly to announce her presence. “A dreadfully exhilarating evening, isn’t it?” She approached the two creatures and reached into the wicker basket hanging from the crook of her left arm. She left the previously gathered, mysterious treats inside and pulled out two tidy bundles of Forget-Me-Not flowers.

Hades gave her as warm a welcome as any (from a demon, no less!), but Keet remained on edge as she accepted the offering of sweets.

[T-thanks.. H-hey, do you smell..] Gulp. [Ch-chicken..?]

Apprehensions aside, smelling like chicken and smelling like cooked chicken were two completely different things; the former would be a compliment in the bird's book, because who wouldn't wear eau de poultry? Sneaking peeks of Hades's abode and the surrounding woods, she neglected to find the source.

The compliment towards her outfit coaxed the first hint of a smile from her.

[ I'm a sailor! Aye, aye, cap'n!] she saluted, dutifully, then gasped when her twirling landed her with a face full of flowers.

Silly "human" had the whole trick-or-treating thing backwards, but she wasn't about to complain!

[Pretty!]

Moll wrote:

While the demon's eyes were already shining brilliantly, this little gift seemed to make them shine even brighter. "Wooow! F-For me? Aw, they're beautiful! Thanks!"

Hades placed two handfuls of candy into Moll's wicker basket. The extra handful was another way of saying "thanks" for the flowers. It was an unexpected surprise, but a welcome one!

Keet wrote:
Hades wrote:

Moll wrote:

Hades gave her as warm a welcome as any (from a demon, no less!), but Keet remained on edge as she accepted the offering of sweets.

[T-thanks.. H-hey, do you smell..] Gulp. [Ch-chicken..?]

Apprehensions aside, smelling like chicken and smelling like cooked chicken were two completely different things; the former would be a compliment in the bird's book, because who wouldn't wear eau de poultry? Sneaking peeks of Hades's abode and the surrounding woods, she neglected to find the source.

The compliment towards her outfit coaxed the first hint of a smile from her.

[ I'm a sailor! Aye, aye, cap'n!] she saluted, dutifully, then gasped when her twirling landed her with a face full of flowers.

Silly "human" had the whole trick-or-treating thing backwards, but she wasn't about to complain!

[Pretty!]

"Oh, chicken?" Hades chuckled. "Don't worry, it's just me. That's what happens when you're a fire-breather that's, uh, part bird," Hades raised one of her talons, showing them off proudly. Hades mostly resembled a cat, and of course nobody really looks at the ground, so one of her lone bird-like traits often went unnoticed. And her wings were retractable, so that also went widely unnoticed... Hades noticed that Keet was a little on-edge (Hades could easily tell when someone was nervous, for many Underworlders felt that way around their peers), and that had to be the fact that Keet herself had bird-like traits. Smelling chicken was a pretty big red flag, wasn't it?

"Sorry about the smell, I can't help it... Fear not, I haven't been eating chicken! I prefer stuff like pizza. Or waffles. Pizza waffles? Oooh, that sounds good right about now..."
Hayato Kawajiri (played anonymously)

The young boy walks up to the treehouse, with a nearly full pillowcase of random sweets. "Trick-or-Treat." He called up to the treehouse as he held out his bag. From appearances, the boy wore what seemed to be a patented Silver Shamrock mask, and the popular Jack-o-lantern variety at that! He would adjust his rubber mask while waiting for the person who lived in the treehouse to come down.
Keet (played by Keet)

Hades wrote:
"Oh, chicken?" Hades chuckled. "Don't worry, it's just me. That's what happens when you're a fire-breather that's, uh, part bird," Hades raised one of her talons, showing them off proudly. Hades mostly resembled a cat, and of course nobody really looks at the ground, so one of her lone bird-like traits often went unnoticed. And her wings were retractable, so that also went widely unnoticed... Hades noticed that Keet was a little on-edge (Hades could easily tell when someone was nervous, for many Underworlders felt that way around their peers), and that had to be the fact that Keet herself had bird-like traits. Smelling chicken was a pretty big red flag, wasn't it?

"Sorry about the smell, I can't help it... Fear not, I haven't been eating chicken! I prefer stuff like pizza. Or waffles. Pizza waffles? Oooh, that sounds good right about now..."
Hayato Kawajiri wrote:
The young boy walks up to the treehouse, with a nearly full pillowcase of random sweets. "Trick-or-Treat." He called up to the treehouse as he held out his bag. From appearances, the boy wore what seemed to be a patented Silver Shamrock mask, and the popular Jack-o-lantern variety at that! He would adjust his rubber mask while waiting for the person who lived in the treehouse to come down.

[Part bird?] her eyes grew wide like saucers, like that was somehow more impressive than breathing fire.

[All birds are my friends, so that makes you my friend, too!] Flawless logic there, Keet!

The prospect made her so excited she started to dance in place. The only thing better than candy was people to share it with! ..And by the looks of it, the parrot had plenty to eat already!

[My name's Keet! What's yours?] she extended a pink paw to shake, [To pizza waffles!]

It was possible the energetic creature bumped into Hayato as she wiggled around. If there was one night of the year she could be forgiven for overdosing on sugar, Halloween was certainly it!

Keet wrote:
Hades wrote:

Hayato Kawajiri wrote:

[Part bird?] her eyes grew wide like saucers, like that was somehow more impressive than breathing fire.

[All birds are my friends, so that makes you my friend, too!] Flawless logic there, Keet!

The prospect made her so excited she started to dance in place. The only thing better than candy was people to share it with! ..And by the looks of it, the parrot had plenty to eat already!

[My name's Keet! What's yours?] she extended a pink paw to shake, [To pizza waffles!]

It was possible the energetic creature bumped into Hayato as she wiggled around. If there was one night of the year she could be forgiven for overdosing on sugar, Halloween was certainly it!

"I'm Ginger, but you can call me Hades!" Hades shook Keet's paw. "Great to meet you!"

Hades certainly wasn't expecting to make a new friend, but she definitely wasn't against the idea of sharing some pizza waffles; food brings lots of people together. The more friends, the merrier!

Hayato Kawajiri wrote:

"Ah! Hahee'loon!" Hades cried out excitedly in demonic. "Nice mask!"

Hades reached into her bowl of candy, and after securing a large handful, placed the candy into the open pillowcase. "How's the Trick-or-Treating? Been going alright?"
Keet (played by Keet)

Hades wrote:
"I'm Ginger, but you can call me Hades!" Hades shook Keet's paw. "Great to meet you!"

Hades certainly wasn't expecting to make a new friend, but she definitely wasn't against the idea of sharing some pizza waffles; food brings lots of people together. The more friends, the merrier!

Keet was pleased to note that a friendly demon by any other name was just as sweet!

[ I have a treehouse, too! Come over for pizza waffles sometimes!]

That was well and good, but how could Hades ever do so without knowing the way?

[Just ask a bird! They all know where to go!]

Waving both arms in the air, she then scurried back from where she came. The night was young, and her bag far from full!

Keet wrote:
Hades wrote:

Keet was pleased to note that a friendly demon by any other name was just as sweet!

[ I have a treehouse, too! Come over for pizza waffles sometimes!]

That was well and good, but how could Hades ever do so without knowing the way?

[Just ask a bird! They all know where to go!]

Waving both arms in the air, she then scurried back from where she came. The night was young, and her bag far from full!

"Absolutely!" Hades waved back at Keet as she hurried off. "Happy Halloween!"

Hades let out a contented sigh. With a smile on her face, and her bowl of candy considerably more empty, she spread her wings and flew back up to the balcony. She still sat outside, in case any stragglers arrived, but the night would be over soon enough!
Whether new Trick Or Treaters would arrive, Hades dangled her feet off the balcony, looking out past the trees and the candles. She was thrilled to have seen some Trick Or Treaters come all the way out here for candy. The spirit of Halloween was strong!

"I don't think I'll ever get tired of human traditions," Hades said aloud, not caring if anyone was listening. "Beats spending time with Mul'sako, that's for sure!"

Hades gazed upwards at the stars. The moon was full, misty clouds occasionally passed, and the air was cool and crisp. The beauty of the Overworld, and its events, would make Hades want to stay forever.

The end! I know it's November now, but I didn't get the chance to type this out Halloween night due to being busy with work. Feel like this was a great way to end things off, even if it's slightly late.

Hope you all had a fantastic Halloween! Thanks for stopping by! :3

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Hades' Treehouse (CLOSED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus