Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Tread Lightly (CLOSED Oblivion RP)

Astarill (played by Pyrroglaux)

Astarill stared at the Bosmer while the man told him exactly what he had not wanted to hear. How was it even remotely possible for someone to look so similar that even a good friend did not immediately see the difference? Was this a joke? No one would come up with something as utterly ridiculous as this, would they?

He took his eyes off the Bosmer and shook his head briefly, the movement more a twitch than anything else. He forced himself to focus on what was important. It seemed prudent at this point to find out as much as possible about this Lorundil. Starting with his whereabouts, and the reason why people were looking for him. His Wood Elven friend should be able to help with that, at least with the former. Obviously the other Altmer frequented the Bloated Float, otherwise the Wood Elf wouldn't be here. He could wait for him here. Although if Lorundil was aware that people were looking for him, he might avoid public places...

He looked at the Bosmer again, suddenly recalling something he had said when he first made his presence known. Shadow hide you. Astarill’s jaw shifted from left to right as he ground his teeth in thought again. He narrowed his eyes before he muttered, mostly unaware of pronouncing his thoughts out loud, “He’s a thief, isn’t he? And so are you. Just what did he st-…”

Having his thoughts interrupted, Astarill turned his head back to the Imperial woman. He curled back a mouth corner into another silent snarl. Never wrong, was she?

“Well, this must be a novel experience f-…” he snapped and then trailed off, gradually losing the venom in his voice as he watched the woman collapse, “… -or you, then.” He raised an eyebrow. “What are you doing?”
Dust (played by Quillweave)

Dust watched in growing concern as Astarill seemed to become more and more frustrated, feeling tense herself. There was something bad going on here - Astarill had been mistaken for a thief? And why was that - the woman from the Brotherhood paying so much attention? She almost wanted to try and drag the Altmer somewhere private, away from prying ears and possible killers, but she doubted he'd appreciate that anymore than he would their behaviour. Best to wait, then.

The woman was speaking again - Dust frowned. She's green as an orc. As she spoke she seemed to collapse, clutching at her mouth and falling to her knees. Instinctively Dust stood, but hesitated.

What if she recognizes me? She felt a momentary pang of fear. But I'm not doing anything wrong - I have permission to be out of Cheydinhal. And she looks terrible…

Sighing, Dust took her bag and knelt by the woman, speaking softly. "Eat something that upset your stomach? I have some herbs in my bag that might help…"
Ath'vesu (played by Legion)

Ath glanced to Dakari as she spoke about never being wrong. The bosmer would raise an eyebrow to that statement and merely look amused without saying anything on said subject. Eyes flicked back to Astarill as the altmer spoke. Ath would go still for the briefest of seconds, which to someone who was paying attention would notice and get all the conformation that one needed. "You are a perceptive one, though that was my mistake earlier." The wood elf drummed out.

As to the second part of the question he would frown and lean forward. "As to that, i do not know if he stole anything, or what it is all about." The bosmer would shrug his shoulders. "I am in the dark as much as you on that part........though i believe you may be the one to uncover it what with your looks." A chuckle escapes his lips.

The bosmer was indeed gonna stick close from now on, ether in sight or out of sight until the people looking for his friend decided to show up and show what they were all about. Hell, maby he could pair up with this one and his friend, or friends, and they could help each other out. He was thinking upon that when the other seemed to collapse. "Seems she be a little sick........no sea legs my dear?" They were on a boat and it was storming which meant the boat was likely rocking a little bit.
Dakari Sohadin (played by Merela)

It was hard to speak with your hand against your mouth, but Dakari managed to groan the world “…seasickness.” while throwing a deadly, not-blinking glare at the Bomser. It was already embarrassing; she didn’t need a smart mouth to tell the obvious. She, however, nodded at the Breton girl. Vomiting on a patron’s boots would be…a bad idea. Especially if the patron was a big, tall, bulky and drunk Orc sailor.

Though, by the Altmer’s look, it would also not be a good idea to vomit on his boots, even if he was a lanky Elf. Carefully, Dak got up and sat back wearily on the nearer chair.

Bloody day…

“Yes, it was rather, wasn’t it?” Astarill muttered thoughtfully in reply to the remark about what the Wood Elf had called his mistake.

While tearing his eyes off the seasick woman, he pulled a sour expression at the Bosmer’s subsequent chuckle, although he no longer seemed as upset as before. “I’m glad it amuses you,” he said dryly, and cast a calculating look at the man. It seemed the Bosmer intended to help this other Altmer, the thief. Otherwise he wouldn’t have come here and addressed him in the manner he did. Whether it was because of some form of friend- or kinship or because of plain curiosity, was not relevant. The point was that they both seemed to want to find Lorundil, and Astarill’s chances of successfully finding the elusive Altmer on his own were slim.

In the mean time, it seemed the Imperial woman had returned to her seat, and Astarill regarded her with a furrowed brow, wondering why anyone suffering from seasickness would grace an establishment such as the Bloated Float with their presence. It hardly mattered, though. And even if it did, Dust was here. If there was something the Breton could be trusted with, it was healing, as well as caring for the wounded and the otherwise ill-at-ease.

He turned his gaze back to the Bosmer. “Would you help me find him?” he asked, although if one would listen solely to the tone in which he said it, he might as well have said, ‘You will help me find him.’ The Altmer was nothing if not sure of himself, apparently.

Dust half-rolled her eyes at the Bosmer's comment before seeing the woman's reaction to it and wincing. Her eyes were hardened in a stare, like some bird of prey…

Dust pursed her lips and reached into her bag, shuffling until she brought out a small parchment package of dried herbs. She placed them on the woman's table, avoiding eye contact.

"If you chew these, they should help. It's ginger and peppermint, and a bit of dried taproot." She spoke softly, eyes cast down on her bag as she began to close it. "You could try making a tea out of it, as well." With that she turned and sat again, glancing at Astarill as he spoke to the Bosmer.

Ath would pretty much ignore the death glare he got from the sick woman and he paid attention to Astarill as he spoke again. Help him.......help him, that was the big question at this point in time. To the bosmer it seemed the male figured the bosmer would help him. A finger would be lifted and he trailed it lightly down along his jawline.

Ath then would smile wide and nodded. "But of course, i am curious in this matter as im sure you are." He had various other reasons of course for helping out, some good some not so good, but all in all he figured he would succeed better in finding his friend or why he was being looked for by helping.

OOC: Oh crap......i'm sorry Ateh is me Ath'vesu, I compleatly forgot that it changes the post as when you create a new character x.x

(((OOC: No worries. I do that all the time too. XD But you can change it through "Edit")))

Dak looked at the package, then at the woman, then at the package, then at the woman again. Her smell…an interesting mix of herbs’ scents and perfume. The smell of an alchemist. A smell she knew from the Sanctuary. “…of course, you’re one of his pets,” she muttered while opening it for putting some herbs into her mouth. She chewed carefully then nodded. “…thank you anyway, tit.”

Already feeling a bit better, Dakari looked back at the two men. They apparently had managed to reach some kind of agreement, and Dak wondered who would be taken for a ride. The Bosmer has the same expression of those persons from the waterfront, who smiled while attempting to rob your purse…or stabbing you. And that Breton girl…

It started to make a lot of coincidences. Too much for Dak’s taste. Something was going on, but she didn’t know it was good or bad. Yet. In any case, she had finally found an interesting way to be kept busy for the coming days…

Astarill pressed his lips tightly together, draining them of colour. He forced a thin smile, which disappeared about as quickly as it had come, in response to the Bosmer’s wide one. “Splendid,” he said wryly.

'Curious', he thought, suppressing the urge to snort, Try ‘bloody annoyed’ instead.

He looked down on what was left of his ale, and found that he had lost his taste for it. He put the mug down and shoved it out of his way, regarding the Wood Elf once more after his eyes had lingered briefly on the bottle of shein he had refused earlier. “So... you’re his ‘friend.’ What do you suggest we do? Do we wait here? Or do you know of any other places he might be?”

Dust watched as the woman glanced between her and the herbs before taking them, muttering something as she opened her mouth.

One of his pets.

Dust felt a flare of anger - I am not his bloody pet anymore - before pursing her lips and shaking her head. It didn't matter, anyway. "You're welcome," she murmured in response to the woman as she stood and moved back to the table, eager to avoid the connections that seemed to follow her wherever she went.

It seemed Astarill and the strange Wood Elf were still discussing things. Dust frowned and sat, wishing she hadn't finished her mead so quickly. I could really use a strong drink. Her gaze flickered to the half-finished ale and she smiled for a moment before shaking her head, focusing one again on the conversation between the two men.

Ath would tap his fingers lightly upon the table as he thought of just what they should do. The bosmers good hearing picked up snatches of conversations around him and he would briefly glance over to Gabriel and Dakari when something of favored pet spilled out. Favored pet? Favored pet of who's? A small shake of head was given before he turned attention back to Astarill.

"Well we can do one of a few things that i see........wait here as he frequently visits this place.....he is also seen about the waterfront district and the arena as he likes to bet." He hmms softly. "Or we can always use you as bait and draw whoever is seeking him out?" A flash of smile was there showing he was joking. "So ether wait here or keep watch at the other places as well." He had people he could talk to as well and he would bite his lower lip a moment.

"I got some people i can talk to, and ask around while we wait or look as well." He mutters.

The more Dakari listened at the Bosmer man, the more she frowned. Finally, she spoke. With a slow, dull voice. “…maybe I can help you to save some precious time. Birds are talkative, especially crows, and they told me interesting things. The Dark Brotherhood is apparently looking after a thief, and if they caught him, or someone looking just like him…well, it is known.”

She got up again, determinate this time to not go wobbly, and glared at the Altmer.

“You should hurry to find that man. Because you’re running out of time, hawk.”

Dak nodded and turns, heading for the entrance. The hunt promised to be an interesting one, for both the hunters and the prey.

The Altmer’s face remained perfectly straight and unmoved at the Bosmer’s jested suggestion they’d use him as bait. By the time the man was done summarizing their options, Astarill had managed to get over his annoyance about the joke, and he could speak without needing to expend too much effort in being polite. Before he could, however, the Imperial woman saw fit to interfere once more, this time giving a whole new meaning to her earlier warning to ‘watch his back.’

While her words sank in, Astarill shifted his jaw, about to ask the Bosmer what the hell his so called ‘friend’ was thinking when he figured he’d go and upset the Dark Brotherhood one merry day. What the woman said in conclusion made him pause, though. He furrowed his brow, wondering first if he had heard correctly, and then if the shein the woman had drunk hadn’t been slightly too old.

He tore his eyes off the Imperial when she strode off, and instead sent a skeptical gaze in Dust’s direction. “Are you entirely sure that what you gave her was against seasickness?”

“In any case…” he continued, addressing the Bosmer after a brief shake of his head with which he forced himself once more to focus on the important things at hand, “We can’t watch each place at once. I suggest we go talk to those people of yours.”

Dust's lip twitched as the woman mentioned the Dark Brotherhood - even the name sat uncomfortably with her, lately. She shifted in her seat, gazing after the Imperial as she left before looking up at Astarill's voice.

"What?" She said faintly, still processing the question in the haphazard jumble of her current worries. "Oh, yes, I'm sure. No side effects. She's just - a bit odd, I think…"

Astarill responded to the Bosmer now, drawing Dust's attention to their conversation. Hm. "I'll come - if that's alright, of course. Maybe I can help, somehow." She couldn't help feeling vaguely guilty, even knowing this time, it had nothing to do with her. But…

The Dark Brotherhood has caused him enough trouble. She tilted her head, ready to find out what the two men would plan.

Ath looked over to Dakari as she spoke and he pursed his lips slightly, the first emotion other then confused and happy to be seen in the conversation. Dark brother hood....bah bunch of assassins. But her words did give him something to think about......what had possessed his friend to steal from them....if indeed he did steal from said group.

Ath shook his head then looked to Gabriel and nodded. "Of Course madam, you can come." He would flash her a friendly smile and trailed his finger along his jaw line. "Though what you see, seldom ever see when not in our ranks." They already knew he was thieves guild, so no point in hiding it from them. "But it will have to wait until tonight." He murmmers and sits back.

It was still raining outside, and Dak let out a shivering sigh. She hadn’t enjoyed the soup and the shein as much as she had hoped at first, and the warmth was vanishing quickly, until she finally felt cold and miserable again. Life was a bitch.

She kicked a little pebble which landed into the water with a quiet “splash!”. Dak walked closer to the edge and looked down at the water, wondering what to do. She had delivered a warning, but from the rumble she had heard while leaving, she doubted it had been taken seriously. Maybe if she had shrieked and cried …? Too bad she couldn’t do that anymore.

After all, the dead didn’t cry.

A pang of determination suddenly twisted Dak’s stomach, and she shook her discomfort off her mind. Maybe…yes, if there were a single chance that this thief had stolen something precious, something compromising enough to destabilize Lucien Lachance and his oh-so-precious Family…then *she* had to be the one who would find that man and his loot. Not the Brotherhood, not his so-called friend, not the tit and the hawk, nobody but herself. And for that, she needed to stay a step ahead of the others.

Sounds of heavy metal steps coming toward her made Dak looking up. She would have almost smiled. Almost. A troup of men were patrolling on the docks, despite the rain, five men wearing the armor of the City Guard and leaded by an another one, who was wearing a gold-and-white armor of Watch Captain. Dak knew him, thanks to the Black Horse Courier and the hundred of wanted posters about the Gray Fox which covered the city’s walls: Hieronymus Lex, an officer obsessed with the mythic Thieves Guild and its legendary leader. Dak couldn’t less care if that Bosmer really was a member of the Guild or not, but she was sure Lex would enjoy to catch a thief. Even for a few hours – it was all she needed. She nodded slowly at herself and walked to the patrol.

“Greeting, Citizen!” said the Captain with a grim expression. “You shouldn’t stay here, the waterfront is dangerous for the respectable subjects of the Emperor. The Thieves Guild is watching the place.”
“…I know,” answered Dak with a fake concerned expression. “Three of them were gloating loudly at the Bloated Float. It was so shocking I left without even finishing my meal. Those shameless scoundrels…”
Lex’s eyes glimmered with righteous fury and his men exchanged looks with a hopeful expression – apparently, patrolling the area was so boring that any distraction would be welcomed. “Are you sure?”
“…I absolutely am. A Bomser man, an Altmer man and a Breton woman. They’re still inside. They looked dangerous.”
“Thank you for telling us, my lady,” smiled the captain while pointing at the inn – his men nodded and headed for the boat, their hands on the hilt of their swords. “I wish more persons would feel as concerned about our city’s security as you do. Now, please excuse me. Have a good day, citizen!” He smiled again and ran to the inn for catching up with his men at the same time while they entered the Float.

Dak smiled coldly back and headed for the Waterfront’s gates. She had now someone to meet.

Astarill regarded Dust and furrowed his brow when she proposed to join them. He glanced briefly at the Bosmer as the man seemed to agree, and then looked back at the Breton beside him. “You don’t have to,” he told her, despite the fact that he was reasonably certain she would, anyway. Couldn’t hurt to try to make her see sense, even if she wouldn’t listen.

He sat back and now regarded the Wood Elf again. “Tonight, then,” he said, and harrumphed before continuing cynically, “If I haven’t got an arrow in the back of my skull by then.” He briefly looked the Bosmer over once more, and then extended a hand to him. “I’m Astarill. What are we supposed to call y-… ?”

The Altmer’s question was interrupted by one of several guards that had entered the Bloated Float. “There they are, sir!” the man called. Another, one wearing the armor of a captain, let his gaze go over all three of the supposed Thieves Guild conspirators before he made his way to them. “Right, then. You will come with me. All of you, if you would be so kind…”

Astarill pulled a face, withdrew the hand he had extended to the Bosmer, and muttered to himself, “What in Oblivion…?”

Dust gave a small smile at Astarill's odd politeness. Of course she didn't have to - but she needed to, for her own sake if no one else's. The guilt was eating away at her, all these Dark Brotherhood messes. Astarill introduced himself before the relatively peaceful quiet of the Bloated Float was interrupted by the heavy, armoured footfalls of several guards.

What in Sheogorath's…? Dust narrowed her eyes as they approached, the captain looking them over. Captain Lex. She grimaced - she had never been particularly fond of most guards. "For what, may I ask…?" She raised a brow as one of the guards, a younger man, perhaps a new recruit, attempted to handcuff her wrists. "Er - with all due respect, I don't think those are quite my size." Her usual cheery tone was instead dripping with sarcasm and annoyance. "Or my colour. Perhaps you have gold? Or perhaps you can explain exactly what's going on first?" She grumbled inwardly as the young man moved away. Bloody hate guards… She glanced between Astarill and the Bosmer, less worried than annoyed.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Tread Lightly (CLOSED Oblivion RP)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus