Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » New User! 15+ Years of Experience

XxKhaosxX wrote:
Thank you! I've been getting so many wonderful welcomes. It's nice!

I honestly never heard of those sites. I started off as a wee lad on gaiaonline XD then I switched to Myspace (for years I was heavily involved with the RP community there), MSN, Furaffinity, DeviantArt, and then Toyhou.se . Someone I rp with from Toyhouse introduced me to this site and thought I may like it. So, here I am :)

Oh, I remember Gaia Online! I had almost forgotten they had a RP community there XP I never really got into MySpace nor Devianart’s rp community to be honest, and I have heard of Toyhouse but found it weird to navigate the page- but I admit I never heard of Furaffinity.

FF.net of Fanfiction net is an old page where you could either publish your own fan stories or go into a forum of your chosen fandom to either talk or rp and also has a sister site, Fictionpress, for original content, while Proboards was mostly just forums for rp if I’m not mistaken. Their layouts were more simpler in my eyes and easier to use I admit, I think Gaia has less limitations than FF when it comes to images and links, so I ended up in those pages thanks to my circle of friends suggesting it as a start.

Sorry for the ramble, I was just surprised another fellow rp hadn’t heard of either XD
XxKhaosxX Topic Starter

Cheshika wrote:
XxKhaosxX wrote:
Thank you! I've been getting so many wonderful welcomes. It's nice!

I honestly never heard of those sites. I started off as a wee lad on gaiaonline XD then I switched to Myspace (for years I was heavily involved with the RP community there), MSN, Furaffinity, DeviantArt, and then Toyhou.se . Someone I rp with from Toyhouse introduced me to this site and thought I may like it. So, here I am :)

Oh, I remember Gaia Online! I had almost forgotten they had a RP community there XP I never really got into MySpace nor Devianart’s rp community to be honest, and I have heard of Toyhouse but found it weird to navigate the page- but I admit I never heard of Furaffinity.

FF.net of Fanfiction net is an old page where you could either publish your own fan stories or go into a forum of your chosen fandom to either talk or rp and also has a sister site, Fictionpress, for original content, while Proboards was mostly just forums for rp if I’m not mistaken. Their layouts were more simpler in my eyes and easier to use I admit, I think Gaia has less limitations than FF when it comes to images and links, so I ended up in those pages thanks to my circle of friends suggesting it as a start.

Sorry for the ramble, I was just surprised another fellow rp hadn’t heard of either XD
Cheshika wrote:

I only ever switch when one site starts to die on me. My gaiaonline account was my second account and became my main for many years. Since 2006? I think. I had a lot of history there but eventually it became harder to find decent rpers over the years. Too many main-streams, trolls and ghosting. I matured and out grown it. Then moved on. It hasn't changed much since then lol
I then moved to Myspace and spent a good 4 years in the rp community before switching to MSN with those I rped on Myspace. 8 years can go by really fast. That's when I figured out Deviantart had their own RP community. I'm not big on changes. When I'm comfortable with something and it works and I'm satisfied, I'll stay with it for as long as I can XD

Okay, Fictionpress I have heard of! I've been on it a few times. Mainly because some friends will share with me their stories but that's about how far I went. Had no idea they had a rp section. I only recently started to write fanficts within the last two years XD So pretty much new to that whole thing.

No need to apologize! I love rambles. I'm a rambler so all is good XDD
Welcome to RPR, I as well have been RPing a long time, I am pretty certain a little bit over 15 years. I am a artist in rl- Work for a table top gaming company and such. If you ever would like some pointers/ to exchange art or RP, just ask. ~ Natt
Hello! Welcome to RP Repository! :)

You are on: Forums » Introductions » New User! 15+ Years of Experience

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus