Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Underworld Hill

Jay Gradien (played by BugIsTired)

*Jay remembers the time he ran into a pack of demons. He chuckled to himself.* "Yeah, but can't blame 'em, but I mean, you're probably an exception." *He smiled up at Lumika than he somewhat jumped in his seat as he reached for a feather from his inner set of wings. He manages to pluck a feather and hands it to Lumika.* "Here! You can use this to contact me if you ever need any help. I'd be glad to lend a hand... and a set of wings or two." *He laughed a little. It had been awhile since he had gotten a good laugh in.*
Lumika (played by Cheshika) Topic Starter

Lumika took the feather and, while a bit confused, accepted it. How strange, had she become too used to the phones humans had introduced to this place? Things like rings and magic spheres already felt so...old in comparison to it now that she thought about it. She chuckled at his joke.

"I appreciate that you think that way, but I'm sure there are other demons that can be nice too, they may be hiding or you haven't met them yet." Proposed the demon in response, turning to look down the street- slowly but surely, more shops were opening as the sun rose in the sky, the peculiar demon-themed street slowly waking up as another train left the station. "It's just that being 'nice' requires us to keep our true nature under wraps, so not many will do so. A change like that...is indeed a hard one."

*He nodded as he listened and finished his latte and cookies. He considered her words and tilted his head as a self-agreement. He than looks up at her.* "Quick question... is there like a uh... a park nearby?" *He looked up at the sky as fond memories of a child him w/ the past General of the Sky Army running around a large tree. He smiled a little, his eyes sparkling w/ the forming of tears.*

"Yes- the Yokai in Gingko Street have worked on a park everyone can visit called Sakura Park, I've heard it's similar to the one in their old land that humans also like to visit." Lumika explained, turning to look down Gingko Street- down the street full of shops and pop-stores one could see the pink leaves at the very end of the street. "There's usually some Yokai and humans exercising this early in the morning, the vendors over there open up later in the evening, they sell some souvenirs if you wish to take something home from these parts."

*Jay blinked a couple times to keep the tears from falling and nodded.* "Then that's my next stop!" *He smiled down at Lumika as he stood up, wings stretched out somewhat.* "Thank you for your information and delicious latte and cookies." *He bowed, walked out to the sidewalk, spread out his wings completely, and with a wave goodbye he lifted himself into the sky, golden feathers glistening in the sunlight as he flew towards the park. He made sure to be cautious of the barrier Lumika had warned him about. He always flew if he knew how far and how tiring it would be.*

"It's no problem! Hope you have a great day~!" Replied Lumika as she saw him off, moving to clean the area for the next customer that would arrive- it was, after all, the start of a new, productive day.

From above, the distinction between the three streets was more notorious due to the separation of colors: reds, oranges, and greys in Gingko Street, grey, brown, and purple in Flamel's Street, and darker red, black, purple, and silver for Gehenna Street, which made Sakura Park stand out more with its pinks and whites and small spheres of gold decorating the trees.

*Once Jay was over the park, he immediately tried to find the largest tree and rest beneath it as a slight breeze rustled the leaves and blossoms, making the fallen petals dance within the breeze. He smiled as the happy memories of a smaller him & his general, running through similar trees, filled his mind.*

On the background, Yokai, Beasts, demons, and some humans were running or doing exercise, their voices distant as they moved in tandem by the instructions of an Oni coach, while a human (a witch maybe?) pushed a cart selling water and iced treats like ice cream, occasionally rining a small bell to grab the attention of those close by.

*Jay pulled out his phone and started listening to the playlist the old general had made for him. As he listened, he looked up to the sky.* [Thinking to himself] "Hey, General Pax. How you doin' up there? The army still a pain? -Chuckles- Bet it is... -Sighs- Man, I wish I could go back..." *He looked back down at his phone and tightened his grip on it a little. A blossom petal landed on his nose and he simply stared at it until the breeze blew it away.*

Underworld Hill continued to enjoy its continuous early morning peace until more trains started to arrive; slowly but surely, the park, the streets, and the shops were receiving more people from different species coming from the three realms. The park was getting more visitors, students by the looks of it, who seemed to by either tengu, angels or harpies given the wings on some of their backs, while others were more clear by having arms dotted with feathers or hands resembling talons, but they all seemed to be wearing the same uniform.

Slowly but surely, the park also started to get a bit more noise as students arrived at the station- either free from school or on a break long enough to have a picnic or go shopping until their next class.

*Seeing as the park was filling up, he decided to head out. He would occasionally wave to those who passed or he'd ruffle his feathers as a sort of greeting. Once leaving the park, he began his search for a hotel, preferably a 3 star-rating hotel or higher. As he searched, he bought a map with whatever sort of money he had on him.
Myron (played by JosephArrrts)

An old, rusty steam engine wreathed in plants and dotted with moss came to a slow halt in the station. It let off a hiss of steam before the passenger car doors swung open. Myron swept a vine away from the door and stepped off onto the platform. He looked around in confusion while the plant he just touched turned grey and withered. The reaper was just exploring an abandoned train station in his realm before the train came by and whisked him away to this new place.

He made his way to the turnstiles out in front. Being too big to go through them, Myron stepped carefully over them. His tail dragged past the metal bars with soft *tink tink tink* as each fossilized vertebrae made contact. Passerby gawked as they walked by, staring at him and his massive antlers. He gathered and held his cloak close to him as a breeze floated through the streets. All around him were all sorts of creatures- and he even spotted a few humans! Myron wasn't used to being around so many people. He opened up one side of his cloak and rummaged through an inner pocket, producing a shiny gold cloak pin with an elm leaf curling from one of the ends. Quickly, he stepped off to the side and fastened it to the shoulder of his garment. Now the reaper could breathe easy knowing that someone could bump into him and not keel over dead in the streets.

Myron walked up to the small cafe, interested in the fragrant smells of coffee and baked goods wafting on the air. The last time he ate was about two days ago, when his partner brought him a nice lunch of homemade cheese, bread, and smoked meats. He read the sign up above on the building- 'Devillion Cafe'. Some of the patrons stared at him through the windows. Death tried his best to not stare back. His gaze instead drifted to the lady cleaning an outdoor table. She must be an employee there.

"Pardon me," He tried his best to soften his loud, thunderous voice as much as he could. "But... Where am I?" Myron looked around at all the other stores. It looked like a small tourist attraction you might've seen before his world fell.
JosephArrrts

(Whoops! Didn't mean to double post- I was trying to edit and clicked reply TuT)

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Underworld Hill

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus