Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Galactic Civilization (An Empire builder RP, OPEN)

Augustus Terminus (played by HvyArtillery)

Terminus frowned at the information. The Coalition had experience with Tyranids, having fought off a Hive Fleet several decades prior. Fortunatley, that specific fleet had chosen to attack after a complete overhaul of the Coalition's Starbases and Orbital Defense Platforms which allowed for the Coalition to sucessfully defeat the invasion, though several systems had been lost.

The Coalition was aware of the threat Tyranids, and had special protocols in place to deal with them.

"Are you telling me that there are Tyranids aboard those vessels?" Terminus asked, unsure on the validity of the information. "And how could the Combine bring something like the Tyranids under their control?"
Advisor (played by Combine)

The Combine ships neared EDN III, and a broadcast was sent to them. Dr. Wallace Breen was on the screen, and it was projected directly to their leader. "Hello, I am Doctor Wallace Breen, human representative of our gracious Combine supporters. My supporters would like to discuss negotiations between us." Two Trans-Human Civil Protection officers could be seen in the background, along with the Combine flag.
The Emperor (played by HRA)

"There are more than Tyranids under their control. That's what worries me. How they did it. But somehow, they got a hive fleet to not only ally themselves with Combine. And right now, we have to stop them from unleashing a Tyranid horde upon the galaxy." The Captain said, knowing it probably was propaganda. He was fed propaganda sometimes when the leaders thought that there was a big enemy in their midst.

Terminus' frown deepened. Though the Tyranid attack of the UCP was decades ago and the Coalition would no doubt be able to turn back another attempt at invasion, the same could not be said for the smaller nations that the Coalition had sworn to protect. It also troubled him that the Combine would go to such measures to try and expand. It didn't make sense.

However, with the possible threat to galactic secuirty and stablity, he decided to act.

"Comm, send a one way communique to the Combine ships. Tell them to power down there vessels and prepare to be boarded by Coalition forces, if they do not comply, decloaked and fire to disable their vessels."

The bridge officers went to work at this. "Anyrhing else sir?" The comm officer asked.

"Yes, tell the nearest Starfleet HQ to send a detachment to EDN III. Code it as a priority One and with a General Threat Alert 2."

"Yes sir." A few seconds later, the communication was sent, zipping away faster than light. "Captain Tracks, please standby. I'm going to see whether or not the Combine has sucessfully... 'Tamed' if you will, the Tyranids."

((Seriously guys, why hasn't anyone else responded before me?)))
Joe Bucher (played by Jabonicus)

Joe listened to the broadcast, having very little knowledge of the Combine. "I'll respond in a moment Dr. Breen." Joe said, moving to a different channel. He contacted the HRA. "HRA, this is Joe Bucher, head of the EDN Empire, can you tell me what the Combine are?"

(I've been busy lately.)

A one way message was sent back minutes later. "We will power down one ship, a carrier. Anything you need can be found there, my advisors can't afford to let a possible threat in our labs and military stations." Dr. Wallace Breen was on the screen, and he had sweat on his forehead. The message ended.
One ship sent out several static messages, before moving outside the fleet, powering down as the living ship attempted to continue moving.
Thrax (played by Dreath)

On Calumar Dreath was examining his army as a message came through. "Sir our spies have picked up a communication from a race known as the combine. It was between them and the humans. We have little information on the combine and currently do not know if they are hostile or not." A primarch said. Primarchs are the most powerful and lethal of all the Voriarns forces. They are the highest ranking troops under only the valice broug and the emperor. They looked like the honor guards but they were two feet taller, had capes and more impressive armor as it had more symbols on it and they had a large two meter long sword on there back that would use a powerful plasma blade. "Very well continue monitoring the communications and send me all information on them. I also want samples collected for the archive." Dreath ordered. The archive was a massive facility going through the tunnels of the planet for thousands on kilometers. It contains information and specimens of every species the Voriarns know about from humans and earth animals to some akrid. "I wonder who you are? And why you have come." Dreath said to himself examining the communication.

"One more thing, Sir. This isn't any Hive Fleet. It's the Leviathan. Rumor has it that this was the Hive Fleet that drove the first Empire out of their galaxy, and into here." Captain Tracks said, and looked very worried. He called up Robbins, who immediately flew up in the shuttle, leaving the tank with them. In the exchange of Tracks, one drop ship flew down and deposited ten Space Marines and one Flak tank.

Captain Robbins was a master of close combat aboard ships. He knew all the strategies, and devised simple plans once aboard that could render a ship dead in space. And it was that reason that Robbins was chosen for a member of the boarding party.

He quickly undressed, and began donning full battle Armour. The first layer was the underclothes, simple tight, thick pieces of wool with Kevlar interweaved in them, providing minimal protection against shrapnel. The second layer was thin vests. These were Kevlar with a material similar to Marine Armour laying on the inside. This stopped small arms fire from getting to him. The next layer was an airtight suit, that stopped at the neck.

After that was the uniform, then another airtight suit, and then the Armour itself. On his chest was a thick, metal chest plate made completely out of a Cryon/Thryllium alloy. Thryllium was an abundant mineral found on many planets, and it was stronger and lighter than anything they had. Cryon was the strongest metal they had, but it was also very dense. It was the shape of the chest and abdomen, and stopped there.

The shoulders were Arcytium, known for it's ability to absorb acid, energy shots, and vibrations. It also made up the gloves, elbow and knee pads, helm, and the backpack. On the arms and legs was Thryllium Armour, and the boots were Arcytium, with magnetic soles.

On enemy raids, his gun of choice would usually be his SMG, but the threat of Tyranids was so large, that he abandoned the idea of an SMG as a primary weapon. It was still there, in between his backpack and him. But he took the automatic shotgun, the TSG-12-2. Second in the TSG series, but a 12 gauge.

In his holster he carried a .44 magnum, and a repeater. The repeater was a small caliber pistol that could kill normal men relatively easily and fast, but it had a larger load and was automatic. After loading up his weapons, he walked to the shuttle that would board them. Getting together a small group of men, he looked out the window into the deep dark cold of space, wondering what they'd find there.

"Shotguns, load up bird shot. Make it so that if they come at us, we can push them back. Remember. Don't split up, and whatever you do, don't pause to reload. If you have to reload, reload behind your friend." Robbins ordered. He'd meet up with the Coalition boarding party on the ship, but they would mostly be working alone if it became a battle. "Remember, the Coalition will be boarding as well. And don't forget, your helmets have cameras and radar in them. If you need to check your surroundings, pull down your visor. Ready?"

When they all nodded, Robbins hit the door three times, and the shuttle shot out towards the carrier as fast as it could, too fast for enemy defensive fire to hit or damage, and fast enough to rip through Armour of all kinds.

"The combine are like the fictional Borg. They assimilate species alien to them, and use them for their advantage. But unlike the Borg, the only thing that operates as a collective is the Tyranids, which we think is aboard their ships, waiting to strike." The Captain explained to Joe. He had the gravest look on his face. Not one of fear, but of worry. "If they manage to get close enough, we'll have a Tyranid Horde on the loose, and no matter how cold, how warm, how toxic the air is, or where the planet is, they'll lay waste to it."

"Yes, Sea Marshal. We have a grave situation here." The captain said, talking to the Sea Marshal on the screen. The Sea Marshal was a high rank, given only to the select few experienced strategists who had fought all manner of space battles against all manners of enemies. "I need you to inform the ReichFührer and Grand Marshal of our status."

"Why, Captain Tracks? What are you going up against that demands a fleet from me? More so, the 1st Fleet, a large and experienced fleet?" Sea Marshal Jack Sanders asked, confused about not only the question, but the reason behind the question. "There's nothing you could be facing that would require that many ships."

"If you ask Captain Robbins, you'll be wrong." Captain Tracks said, and stared down the Marshal.

"You mean Captain Robbins, soon to be awarded Hero of the Imperium? The one that is to be promoted? That one?" Sea Marshal Sanders asked, now shocked that they had a Hero amongst them. "He's never lied about numbers, but.."

"Yes. Him." Captain Tracks said in his strongest voice. "He's boarding a Combine vessel with the Anti-Tyranid setup."

"If what you say is true, then you do need the 1st Fleet. I'm sending them over now. They'll be there soon." Sea Marshal Sanders replied, knowing that without the Grand Marshal's approval, this could be considered a panic move. But he could plead E-Protocol. That would sanction his moves. For now. "You'll have all the people you'll need, but if you need infantry, I'll need to check with Field Marshal Ascrith on that, and RF Vladimir."

Terminus stood in the hanger bay, watching two shuttles being loaded up with Marines. The armor they wore was definitely thinner than most, be assembled out of advanced carbon nanotubes, giving it great stregth while also making to flexible, preserving the Marines speed and mobility. Beneath the main white armor pieces, a dull gray chainmail like suit was seen, Made out of similair nanotubes. All of them carried the standard CBR-56 combat rifle, a CHG-54J handgun, a energized knife, and several flashbangs grenades, as using fragmentation grenades were unadvisable when on board a ship. All of the Coalition's firearms operated by the same design. As the bullet is fired, it passes through a small energy projector, shrouding the projectile in plasma energy. The weapons were also capable of a stun setting, where only thr energy field is projected, not any bullets.

Beside the Captain stood Taurin, donning the same outfit as the men and women on the shuttles. "My orders sir?"

"Search the ship for any Tyranids, and access their computer core. And release this..." The captain pulled a small vial of a dark grey substance.

"Nanoprobes, sir?"

"Yeah, I want you take release them near their primary systems. They're programmed with the ability to reroute to ship's computers. It'll come in handy if there are Tyranids aboard." Terminus said.

"Yes sir. I will not fail." The Tilion growled as he took the vial and marched towards the awaiting shuttlecraft.

Terminus turned and left the hanger bay, returning to the bridge. Upon arrival, he was greeted by a worried looking comm officer. "Sir, the ambassador wishes to speak with you."

Terminus seated himself back in the command chair. "Put her through." The very irritated face of Ambassdor Ayreye glared down at. "Captain, correct me if I'm wrong, but this was suppose to be a peaceful diplomatic mission. Not a military intervention."

"Sorry, Ayreye, but the HRA has informed me of a possible Tyranid threat, originating from the Combine vessels. As in clause 5B of the Space Fleet charter-"

"Yes, yes. I'm awareof what the charter details." The Ambassador cut him off with a wave of her hand. "Just... Try not to start a war, Augustus."

Terminus couldn't help but grin. "You know me better than that, Ambassador. I trust you'll relay this information to Captain Darsk."

"Of course. Ayreye out." The screen cut to the image of stars cushioned in the black velvet that is space. Terminus took a few moments to appriecate it beforing speaking. "What's the status on the boarding shuttles." He asked his ops officer.

"They have just departed for the Combine vessel."

"Onscreen."

The pair of shuttles flew through the void towards the Combine ship, both carrying ten Marines each. They flew into the carrier's hanger before setting down and shutting down there engines. A few seoconds later, the back door of the shuttle lowered and the boarding party stepped out, their faces were obsured by the Combat Helmets they wore. They left a pair of guards to watch over the shuttles before proceeding towards the exit of the hanger.

"Augustus, we've sent over our Boarding Party. Look for the soldiers in black Armour and red marks. Ask for Captain Robbins when you get there." The Captain said, and he effectively took command of the operation. Although Robbins was, in actuality, the commanding officer, if he was killed in action, Tracks would have to take over. That was something that, while he really wanted, wasn't actually ready for.

Just like Augustus, the shuttle landed in the hanger bay, if you call the shuttle a shuttle. In actuality it was a Gunship with one turret and four main cannons. It was longer than a fighter, taller, and wider, with a shorter wing span. The wings were in the back middle, with three lasguns each affixed inside the wing. On the front of the Gunship was four 30mm cannons, and one las cannon repeater. On the edges of the stubby wings were four Valkyrie missiles.

The front bay door of the Gunship slammed down, and the men began stepping out onto the ship. Not knowing what the atmosphere was like inside, they wore airtight gas masks with a positive air pressure to keep the suit sealed in case of breach. To keep their energy output low, they disabled their Air Shields and pulled down their visors.

Instantly, the armour's computer began scanning the area around them, mapping it out with radar and scanners. So far, they had a somewhat 4D model of the area around them, but they would need to keep moving. Their range was only 100 meters.

In order to keep from putting guards back to watch where they were, the Arrogance began scanning and uploading information about the outsides of the ship. The Gunship that took them there began activating its scanners and radar, creating a map about 200 meters out, in a sphere like area. Just as they reached the airtight doors of the carrier's hanger, Robbins pulled out a sort of router/homing beacon, and placed it onto the wall.

It was small, around the size of his hand, and much thinner. As soon as it was placed, it began drilling a very small hole until it reached the same power carrier that supplied power to the door, and started sucking the energy from it. It only required very minimal energy, so it didn't even look like it was taking any out. Eventually, if enough were placed, the computer would register the "leaking" power as another system.

After it tapped into the energy, it began cloaking itself, and started scanning in infrared, radar, thermal, and UV. In less than five seconds, the boarding party, and those on the ship, could see everything in the room, and up to 75 meters away. It would provide a live, constant, real time 4D picture of the 75 meters it scanned for as long as the power supply wasn't cut off.

As soon as Robbins had placed it, he opened the door, starting his descent into the bowels of the ship, and every 150 meters, he would place a handheld scanner. If anything tried to get to the Gunship, not only would the turret fire on them, but the boarding party would get the information.

"Be careful where you walk. Make sure you always have 100% ammo in your guns, and whatever you do, don't blow out a wall unless I tell you to." Robbins ordered, and began his quest to find the Coalition's boarding party.

(What's the ship's stats?)

The ship was covered in plates similar to metal, but it bent and twisted beneath them. The ship itself was alive, a mix of Combine technology and a foreign creature. The ship had a thick hull, mostly taken over by more tech. The ship was filled with Civil units, half man half robot hybrids behind one eyed white masks. The stood at their posts, as if the soldiers weren't even there.

(The ship itself has a thick hull, laser defenses, and no shield. It's lack of shields are made up for in its mobility, because the ship is technically alive, it will be able to avoid a lot of weapons on instant. The inside is about as protected as the outside.)

One soldier approached, the sound of a radio turning on were heard. A voice that sounded like it came from a bad comms radio came from the soldier. "Welcome to Synopsis Delta-9. Please request which section of the ship wish to visit, or request information."
Joe Bucher (played by Jabonicus)

Joe was suspicious as he turned his attention back to the Combine. "Well Breen, what kind of negotiations were you hoping to make?" He asked. He turned to his officers, giving an hand sign, an order to ready surface and satellite cannons.

Taurin's mouth twisted into a snarl at the Civil unit's words. "Allow me to clarify certain things for you." The Tilion began. "The Coalition is here to search this vessel, not for a tour. My men will go where I tell them to without interference from you." He turn away from the Civil units to his men. "Spread out and begin scanning for anything unusual, I will proceed to find the HRA boarding party." He suddenly turned around and slammed the civil officer against a wall with one hand. "And a word of advice, Combine. Tilions are not as empathic and understanding as humans and the other species of the Coalition are." He growled. "If you insult me or my men's honor in any way aboard this vessel, I will personally crush each of your skulls with my hands." Hee let go of the officer and left, heading back to the hanger.

Within minutes, he spotted the HRA boarding party. As He approached the group, he said, "Hail HRA, O extend my greeting on behalf of the United Coalition of Planets!"

( This is what Civil Protection sounds like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2uzW19DZd0
)

"Biotics reported to be mildly violent." The Civil Officer said.
"Anyone else getting uh... A 464?"
"Negative."
"Affirmative."
"Negative."
"Negative."
The Civil Protection used radio chatter instead of voices. It was a sickening thing to realize, their voice boxes had been replaced with radio transmitters, only leaving enough for them to speak. A loud buzz was heard.
"Sending 94275 to location Ninety-Four B."
"Confirmed."
"Detecting miscount in City-19."
"Above or uh... Below?"
"Above."
"Sweep area."
It was quickly obvious that the Officer was one of the Civil leaders of one of the Combine cities.

Robbins's head extended up and down in a brief nod, looking around the ship. Then he drew closer, trying to whisper to the other man's ear. He didn't like this place. It just seemed weird. At any rate, he had heard of what they did to people they conquered. It wasn't pretty, and he wasn't going to let them get away with an empire expansion here. No sir. This was to remain in EDN, Coalition, and HRA hands, and forever.

"I don't like this place. I don't like it at all. Have you heard what they've done in their territories? Horrible." Robbins whispered, not letting them hear. "I say we blow this ship, get out of here, and release propaganda saying they've tamed Tyranids."
Thrax (played by Dreath)

It had only been mere hours since Dreath heard about the combine and he had received images and basic scans of combine ships and troops. They would be able to obtain fully detailed scans down to blueprints but they can't do that with cloaked spy drones. "So semi organic ships? My. My you people are interesting." Dreath said to himself. "If they go to war with the HRA this can only be good for us as either way one of them will be almost completely destroyed and the other seriously damaged then even if the HRA win I just send some fleets to exterminate what remains." Dreath laughed to himself. Dreath and the Voriarns would not engage the HRA or combine at first. Instead they would study this new out come.

"Though I agree I that the Combine need to be destroyed, I will not partake in such an act. It would be dishonorable." Taurin said, with a slight growl. "After all, the Coalition does not attack without just cause. However, if you information on the Tyranid-Combine alliance proves correct, the Coalition will attack in order to neutralize the galactic threat."

"Now, if you will excuse me, but I must begin my search for the ship's computer core, as per my orders. Honor and glory to you, Robbins." Taurin began to move away.

"Very well. I'll see you on the other side of this ship. Thank you." Robbins said, and saluted, walking away. He got 150 meters, and put another scanner on the walls, looking around. Sure, they were talking in radio chatter. That was just all the better for him because if he could hack into them, he could tell what was going on.

Deeper and deeper he delved into the ship, checking every crack, every crevice. If they had taken over some of their own universe, and now were here, who's to say they hadn't tried to take over the Tyranids? Still, he found no sign of them, and sadly, he'd have to return home. "Bugger..."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Galactic Civilization (An Empire builder RP, OPEN)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus