Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Galactic Civilization (An Empire builder RP, OPEN)

Mars Red Faction (played by Chris_Pike) Topic Starter

There was a long pause as if he was considering it, then spoke "You have alot to learn about humans, Are survival as a species is because we work together and help eachother out when the going gets tough! We dont abandon eachother! We will rise and fall as one, And let me assure you, Even if you win, Your species will be so battered that it will not feel like anykind of victory as your civilians walk into their burning cities and fallout planets" The Red Faction did have Nuclear weapins, Authorized as a last resort in a war, He now waited for dreath to respond
Thrax (played by Dreath)

On the surface Dreaths first forces were all but destroyed. However in the bombardment the city was damaged. Rather severely in some places. Dreath was angered by this but saw it as an opportunity. "I gave you one chance to leave and save many lives. But now the blood of billions is on you hands. If you say humans will rise and fall together then I will only be too happy to knock you down. Did you think I came here without an assurance policy?" Death said chuckling to himself. "You see when I dropped the troops off I also left a little devise. A small metallic box about thirty centimeters in length. I was cloaked along with the rest of my units but it is sitting somewhere in the city probably under the rubble. In seven minutes it will emit a neural destruction pulse. Basically it emits a pulse that will fry the brain tissue of anything within ten kilometers. How ever I set it to lock up if it comes in contact with human matter. So here is what I am saying if you can find and touch this device in the next few minutes it won't activate killing everything both my men and humans in the area." Dreath said this with a chuckle showing he was enjoying it. "So find it and save many lives. The clock it ticking." Dreath said ending the communication. "Get the fleet out of here. I have seen what I needed to see." He ordered his crew. The ships then began to leave into the warp back to their own system.

(I bet this is probably god modding or a load of s*&t so I will change it if you want. It was what I thought of at the moment and I went with it.)

"For your sake this thing better not go off, or your civilians will be taking the form of disfigured creatures" then one of Alecs ships transmited something to dreaths ship, it was the horrible effects of what nuclear detonations could do "Nuclear detonations are different from normal weapons both the explosion and the after math is deady, anything within three miles of a Vulture-class nuke will be instantly disinigrated, the light from the detonation is 1000 times brighter then are star, A massive heat pulse melts and burns anything within 2 miles outside of the explosion, and a massive shock wave with enough power to blow out your lunges, and within twenty-thirty minutes nuclear fallout comes out anf kills anything outside or even within a building that does have the right protection will be killed in minutes, And the best part is... We have stockpiles full, Because humans like your people are hell-bent on killing as many as possible" he then let out a small, as if insane laugh "I dont think you could use your cowardly cloaking methods too hide from THAT" he spat and yelled out that last part along with a laugh
Thrax (played by Dreath)

After receiving the communication Dreath's ships went back to thee home world. "So nuclear weapons are there best? They don't know what we are capable of." Dreath said laughing at the communication. "Commander how long till the devise activates?" "Five minutes thirty three and a half seconds my lord." Said the commander. "He is running out of time." Dreath said laughing as he was teleported back to the planet.
The Emperor (played by HRA)

"Sir? Do we take his threat for real?" The Lieutenant asked, and the Captain just stared. He couldn't waste time. No. Not now. But, then again... If it was a neural Disruptor, then that meant that it either did one of two things. It was either a modified EMP pulse, or it was an irradiator. And they had defenses against both of those. "Sir?"

"It's out there, alright. The question is, can we get our soldiers inside the safe room in time." The Captain replied, and began thinking. He had to try to deactivate it, but then again... Could he, or should he? Finally, he came up with a simple, but effective plan. It would neutralize the device, but also save their men. "Scan the entire city for any energy devices. Then, when you find it, hit it with an EMP beam and send a single man to the energy source. Be careful that its not one of ours,"

And when he said that, the scan began to take place. It only took a few seconds, but they located some energy surges outside of the fortress. Finally, they found one the same length and width of the description. They fired an EMP concentrated beam at it, which had enough strength to fry any electronic permanently. But they also sent a man in, and he walked up to it, and touched it.

The fortress was silent. Everyone was in a safe room of some kind. They were surrounded by feet of lead, titanium, concrete, and water, too. Nothing could get to them. Even those inside the fortress walls themselves were safe. For the 10 kilometers wasn't even big enough to cover a quarter of the city.

((So you just abandoned one of your planets, and went on the defensive? Man, I would not hire you as a general. And no, not really. It isn't that much of a Godmod. Kind of. This far into the future? You could do it. But there are limitations, and 10 clicks is a good one.

But I don't like how you practically move your ships instantly across... What, hundreds, if not thousands of light years? And teleport that fast, too...

Chris, when he says he ended the comm, that means that you can't talk to him. Also, when did you get an accurate teleporter and I didn't? If I'm the big Empire with all this tech, why didn't I have one before? (I do have one, but that is a long story)))

((I know that, But the idea is alec is slowly going insane after all the biter war hes been through, and now the idea of going through another is making him an unstable wreck, he has no idea that dreath ended the com)

Alec knew that Dreath had fallen for his own trap, by allowing that transmission to go through, He could track them. he jumped into his civilian ship and flew out of the system
Advisor (played by Combine)

Empire name: Combine Empire
Leader: Advisors
Species: Xen, synthetic humans, Advisors
Home World: 10/10
Other worlds/colonies: 8/10
Military Might (Ground): 7/10
Military Might (Space): 10/10
Research Knowledge: 7/10
Mining Production: 4/10
Trading Power: 5/10
Medical Tech:9/10
Wealth: 96 trillion
Special Output:
Synthetic travel and weapons: Weapons like the Striders and Hunter Carriers are partially sentient, making them better fliers and more agile in war.
Space-wide Teleportation: They have towers on every world that reach into the sky, stopping just before these portals. They can send their troops in and out through these portals.
BIO: An Empire based on cruel control of the races they conquer. They have fields that either slow or stop their reproductive cycle, sending resources back to their home planet. The Combine often used creatures from Xen as biological warfare.
Others:
Striders: Strider_early5.jpg
Hunters: Hunter.jpg
Ships: Combine_Dropship.jpg
Gunshipbelly.jpg
Soldiers: Civil_Protection_(Half-Life).jpg

((accepted!))
Augustus Terminus (played by HvyArtillery)

Terminus had donned Coalition Battle Armor and was now in a shuttle on it's way to the EDF landing site. The Coalition was on icy terms with the nation, considering it oppressive and totalitarian, the very thing the Coaltion stood against.

Taurin had dogged him all the way to the hanger deck, qouting articles and subclauses of Space Fleet regulations, annoying the hell out of the Human captain. He finally ordered the Tilion to shut up, at which the man responded by claiming to file a formal protest in the ship's log.

He also had to deal with Ayerye, who was just as insistent as Taurin. Only when Terminus pointed out that he was the only Human ship captain on the mission and therefore could relate better to the EDF than the other two.

Finally the shuttle landed, it's back door opened and the team hopped out before the shuttle returned to the sky, switching into the role of close airsupport, in the event that EDF was hostile. He hoped that Ayerye had sent a message to the EDN government, informed the ex-NEVEC of his presense on the planet and to not mistaken it as another invader.

The squad commander tapped a button on his arm armor and a holographic image of the area appeared. "Landing site only half a mile away."

"Let's move out." Terminus ordered.

With that the team began jogging towards the EDF landing site
Joe Bucher (played by Jabonicus)

A message from a scout was sent to Terminus. It sounded French. "Step unevenly. Don't make a pattern with how you walk. The worms will catch on to a pattern, if the worms find you, you're dead."
The EDN Empire had nearly completed their first model of a spacecraft, based off of NEVEC technology they already had.

The Combine had opened portals across several galaxies, and one opened in the EDN System. Synthetic ships were shot through along with carriers. They headed towards EDN III, a new Empire could use strong supports. It was no secret that the Combine wanted new sources of energy, and an Advisor was there in one of their pods. The ships headed for EDN III, and radio chatter was dark, voice boxes were replaced with radios in most Combine soldiers.

"Commander, A portal has opened in the system and ships are emerging from it."

"Visual." Tuarin's baritone voice ordered. The viewcreen zoomed in on where the portal was, showing the vessels that had come from it. "Identify."

The sensors officer scanned the incoming ships. "Database has cross-referenced the hull and superstructues of the ships. Identified as vessels from a government calling themselves The Combine."

"Is their a possiblity of malicious intent?" The Tilion asked.

"Yes sir, past encounters have reported that the Combine are hostile and imperialistic. There is a strong possibilty that they will attempt to annex EDN III."

As soon as Taurin heard these words, he knew what to do, after all, Tilions were born for the battlefield. "Red Alert. Have our brother ships ready as well. Send a subspace comm packet to the nearest Space Fleet garrison for more vessels to join us in glorious battle."

The three ships moved out of orbit, Shields and weapons online, heading to intercept the Combine. Though Taurin wished to immediatley open fire on the incoming vessels, there were regulations that needed to be followed. "Open a channel to the Combine."

"Channel open."

"This is Commander Taurin of the United Coalition Ship Constantine. Stand and leave this system or I will open fire on your ships!" The Tilion growled.

***************************+*****

Terminus followed the EDN scout's advice, and the squad had made it to the EDF landing site. They were in the undergrowth, completely unaware of the going-ons in orbit. Terminus slowly stood up and began walking towards the EDF, while the squad remained hidden, standing by if things went wrong.

"EDF, I am Captain Terminus. Would you explain why you are voilating the EDN Empire territory?"
EDF (played anonymously)

The EDF Scientists looked at eachother, then one of the Men in blue armor walked to the middile "We had no Idea that an Empire was present here... We detected no ships. We were simply surveying this planet due to its strange energy types"

Several quiet minutes passed before a screen appeared. A middle aged man was on the screen, in a gray suit with short white hair and a goatee. "Hello, I am Doctor Wallace Breen." The man said, his voice light and comforting. "Our gracious Combine supporters wish no harm, and never have. Attacking our negotiational ships would be a mistake on every bodies part."

Taurin gave a sideways glance towards the officer who had informed him of what the Coalition knew of the Combine. He was perplexed and he wanted answers. Taurin motioned for the comm to be muted and video feed to be shut off beforing saying, "I thought you informed me that Combine were aggrssive."

"They are, sir." The officer replied. "Most encounters the Coalition has had with them ended with both sides firing on one another."

"Then why are they attempting to negotaite with EDN?"

"Well, it could be a smokescreen for an actual invasion. After all, not everyone have developed the power technology we have, and therefore EDN III would seem to be an answer to any energy crisis' the government may have."

Taurin pondered this for a moment before reaching his decision. "Un mute and restore video feed!" The Tilion barked. "Restored." The Comm officer reported.

"Doctor Breen," Taurin rumbled. "You may proceed with your 'negotational' mission, but bear in mind, the United Coalition of Planets considers the EDN Empire an ally. If you attempted to invade, your destruction will be swift and absolute. Taurin out."

The comm cut off the comm channel. Taurin turned to the tactical officer that was manning the station that was usually his when the captain was on board. "Cloak the ship." He looked at the comm officer, and notify our brother ships to do the same."

In space, all three Coalition vessels suddenly seemed to ripple before they faded from sight, free to move without detection and so no one could see them take up a defensive position around the planet.

"Put me through to the Captain." The Tilion ordered.

"You guys didn't notice the three Coalition ships, the three EDN satilites, OR The HRA ship either?!" Terminus asked, astounded.

"Well, either way, you guys should pack up and leave. EDN isn't very happy with you, and maybe in the future you should do more through scans." The Captain reprimanded before signalling to his team that the EDF weren't going to be a problem. As the team approached, the shuttle decended down landing so that it could pick up the Coalition personnel.

"If you'll excuse us," Terminus said, a slight small playing on his lips. "But I need to get back to space, and you should probably go too."

With that he entered the shuttle where the rest of the team were already waiting. Once he was inside, the shuttle doors closed and the smallcraft lifted off, ascending into the sky.

"We did it sir." One of the marines said. "Without firing a shot too."

The Captain shook his head. "Not yet, first they have to get off the planet. Hopefully they do it before EDN gets there."

Suddenly, his comm piece chimed and he touched it. "Terminus here."

"Captain." Taurin's voice answered. "You must returned to the ship immediatly."

"Already ahead of you, Mister Taurin. The shuttle is about to leave the atmosphere."

There was a few seconds of silence before Taurin responded. "Yes sir, we are now dectecting you on sensors. We will move to your posiion and decloak so you can land."

"Decloak? What's going on up there?!"

"I was explain once you are back onboard sir. Taurin out."

The shuttle left EDN III's atmosphere when the Constantine decloaked just long enough for the shuttle to land safely back in the hanger, before returning to it's invisible state and returning to where the other two Coalition vessels were.

((Combine, like assimilate? I like that play on words... :P

And EDF... I EXIST. HELLO. HELLO EDF. I'M SHOOTING YOU. I'VE BEEN SHOOTING YOU.

Sorry... I had to... he hasn't actually acknowledged me.. EVER...))

"Open a Comm with the Coalition. I have to warn them about the potential threat that the Combine possess." The captain of the battleship watching over them said, and the lieutenant nodded. He began to open up a comm chat with the Coalition ship. They didn't mind that they were there on the planet. In fact, the Coalition was considered an asset to them, for multiple reasons.

First of all, it was huge, and it had many, many different items to trade. Second, they were hiding the SS planet in their Coalition. No one knew that the SS really existed, but they were in the Coalition, while HRA wasn't. The SS was labeled as a small human settlement, but it wasn't HRA registered. But it was still HRA.

As the feed was turned back on, a grotesque creature was beside Dr. Breen, an Advisor.
"I don't know sir.. They shut off the.." Breen turned to the screen, and the Advisor disappeared. "That is..." It was obvious that he was nervous. "Understandable. Our gracious overlords would never start war without reason.." He said before the screen shut off.
Breen: Wallace_Breen_breencast_bust.jpg
Advisor: Advisor_(Half-Life).jpg

Ships began their path to EDN III, the living ships turned at odd points, an aura of sentience around them. The portal they had opened resembled a black hole, except shots of what looked like lightning would go along the edges from the inside. The pinnacle of Combine technology, their cross-dimensional portals. The Combine had only a shadow of a presence on this dimension. Their real empire would take tens of millions of lightyears to reach, even with the most advanced technology of teleportation.
Joe Bucher (played by Jabonicus)

Engines were heard before flying machines flew over head, they were shaped like bikes, and a loud voice blew over the camp as a rain of bullets went over the EDF camp. "You have violated the EDN Empire's territory! Prepare to face dire consequences!"
Bullets were different on EDN III, it wasn't just a bullet hole when it was made, it was a path to skin and flesh. Seconds after a wound was made, frostbite would take over, and within minutes, the skin would turn to ice from the dire cold. Most armor protected the head with a heat field, EDN Empire Armor cast it over the entire body at all times. There was a reason they had tanks of TE on their armor, they needed it. Joe had once seen a man fall from a tall ledge, he crumpled to the ground screaming. Minutes after he hit, his legs were frozen over the armor, a crack had let in the environment. Seconds later, the man was another icicle on EDN III. After an Emperor Storm, one could go out into the ice fields and see the ice statues of people and Akrid alike, frozen in the same position they were in as the storm came in.

The lift doors opened and Terminus strode out onto the bridge, flattening the uniform that had replaced his armor as soon as he got on the ship. "Report."

Taurin stood up from the command chair so it's rightful owner could claim and shooed away the officer that was manning his usual station. "Combine vessels have entered the EDN, claiming to be here to negotiate. You are aware what the Combine are, sir?"

Terminus gave the Tilion a annoyed look. "Of course I am. And the precautions you took are appropriate to the situation."

The Tilion nodded. "Of course, sir."

"Captain," the comm officer interupted the pair. "We are being hailed by the HRA."

Terminus sat down, making sure that his uniform was on properly for the twentieth time. "Onscreen."

When the comm link had been established, Terminus said, "Greeting HRA. To whom am I speaking with?"

"This is Captain Tracks, of the Battlefleet Arrogance. We have crucial information that you must know of the Combine. Our spies have told us that they have somehow incorporated the Tyranids into their arsenal." Captan Tracks reported, and looked troubled. Of course he'd be troubled. It was the Tyranids, and if they were here, then it could be the next big crusade. Starting with the Battle for EDN. And if they didn't defend EDN,then the energy flow would stop where it started.

Just as the comm channel was opened, the Battleship, and the fifteen ships in the Battlefleet turned to high alert, loading up their guns. It would be a very interesting time, and perhaps, if they were unlucky enough, a large battle that would result in the destruction of one side.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Galactic Civilization (An Empire builder RP, OPEN)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus