Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » MxM Highschool RP [Open] NEW PLAYER(S) WELCOME

((You're good. The way our characters are weaving back and forth is quite interesting.))

When the bell rang, Neiko was one of the first out of the classroom. But, despite doing his best to catch up with any familiar faces, he found himself pushed to the back of the crowd. That tall guy seemed to be in a rush. And then there was the redhead and the glasses boy that he dated last year before he started dating the girl with the pink pigtails in his current classroom. Maybe it really would be good to participate in this string contest since it didn't seem like he would get any good human interaction otherwise.

Neiko found himself wandering at the back of the crowd since his next class was on the far end of the school anyway. "Maybe I should skip that too though? Ah, I really don't want detention though!" He stopped to yank at his hair, his moan reaching a pitiful high note. Before he could make a decision, however, a force barreled into him and sent Neiko falling onto his butt. "What the hell, man!"

Back arched, he glared up to see what collided with him only to find the person he was following in the first place. "Ah! It's you from this morning! I was really hoping to see you again and here you are! Could it be that you really wanted to talk to me as well?" Though he offered a cheeky grin, it didn't seem much like the other guy wanted to be around him. In fact, he didn't look alright at all. "Is someone bothering you? I can beat them up if you'd like."
Wilbur (played by clxudy_tears)

Wilbur shook his head,”No-one...Nothing is bothering me,” he said, offering a hand to help the boy get up.”I didn’t know you had the same periods as me,” Wilbur said, glancing at the boy to see his appearance, He was a bit short, He had fluffy, golden hair, and hazel eyes. Wilbur smiled and looked around him, it was becoming a lot more... quieter. Then Wilbur realized, Math was about to start.”So uh.. What’s your name..?” he said while rubbing his hand behind his head. Shoot, where was math again? The bell rang, which nearly sent Wilbur into a spiraling panic. He nodded to the boy,”Maybe we’ll see each other at lunch..?” He offered an awkward smile and then ran off. At least he wouldn’t have to stop by his locker. He let out a relived sigh and hurried. He opened the door, his teacher was in the middle of explaining y x 4, but immediately stopped when Wilbur opened the door. His teacher smiled,”Hello, Wilbur, incase you’re wondering, you’re right on time,” Wilbur smiled back and sat down beside somebody who was asleep, honestly, he wanted to go to sleep, but despite math being one of the most boring things he has to learn, his teacher was a pretty kind person. He would offer ways to help up your grade, give extra time in class to complete homework, he was what all the teachers in 4th grade were like for Wilbur. After class, was lunch. And, Highschoolers plus lunch? Yeah uh.. Wilbur sat down in a shady area, despite it being below freezing, the sun felt hot on his back. He heard footsteps, He glanced up and saw all the kids from detention, including the redhead, and for some odd reason, the golden hair one.
Fang (played by AshleighKate) Topic Starter

Fang was glad when detention was over. He didn't do any work all detention and spent the majority of the time ignoring the jabs from the jocks. As soon as the bell had gone, he had left. He vaguely heard some of the jocks shout insults at him from behind him but he didn't really care. Students were pouring out of the classrooms, ready for lunch, the hallways getting too crowded for his liking and filling with loud chatter. He was just debating where to spend lunch (hmm... perhaps the roof?) when an announcement over the intercom made itself heard.

"To all students who have submitted their name to this year's String Competition: please report to the auditorium. Your groups are being announced."

Wilbur was about to munch down on a sandwich before he heard an announcement,”To all students who have submitted their name to this year’s String Competition: please report to the auditorium. Your groups are being announced.” Wilbur groaned and put up his lunch, he saw a few people laugh at him as he sulked. The girl from chemistry was running behind him. He guessed nobody really liked the string competition to sign up for it. Maybe that’s why the teachers forced students to join. He and the group reached the auditorium, he opened the door while the principal was counting the groups he called out the names from Wilbur’s group.”Over here!” the girl yelled, the principal made a head movement and the group found places in the auditorium to sit down. They waited until everyone came. Despite it being a large auditorium, it seemed quite crowded. The vice principal announced each group, the last being Wilbur‘s group.”Fang, Wilbur, Neiko, Amber, Rose, Dan, please stand up,” the principal said. He and the others stood up. The girl from his chemistry class, Amber was right next to him. Fang, who sat a few seats over, was the redhead from this morning. Then, the golden hair boy from this morning as well, who he guessed was Neiko, stood up and gave a sideways glance to Dan and Rose. Wilbur guessed Dan and Rose were the ones who Neiko meant by,”Ignore them.” Wilbur shivered, why was he forced to do this? He and the others came up to the stage, while the vice principal smiled at them. Something about her smile chilled him to the bone. This wasn’t gonna be as bad as Wilbur first though, it was gonna be terrifying.
"Oh, I'm Neiko. You-" But he didn't have the chance to return the question. The bell rang, leaving him wincing and the other boy skittering away which was a bit awkward, leaving him just standing in the hall, tangling a hand in his blonde locks. Finally, he ran off toward his own class, only ending up a little late. Funnily enough, the teacher tried to force him into the string contest but it was moot at that point. She just forced someone else instead.

By the time the class was over and the announcement rang down the halls, Neiko was starting to get curious. He hurried to the auditorium, not even caring that he seemed to be skipping lunch for this.

"Oh wow. Are we going to be in a group together?" he exclaimed as he saw the tall boy yet again. He started to hurry over, feeling pleased that some cute people were in this group, but he stopped short. As soon as the principal announced Dan and Rose's names, he found himself lingering in the middle of the auditorium. Of all the people in his group, it had to be the couple who tried to pick a fight with him this morning. "I'm going to get killed..." he muttered under his breath. They must have been forced to do this too, but that didn't make it any better.

And then there was the way the principal smiled as she motioned them all to stand shoulder to shoulder. Finally, Neiko shuffled over and glanced at Dan and Rose before giving the redhead a cursory greeting. "Hey."

He would not do it. Absolutely not. Fang struggled to spend time with one person at the best of times let alongfour. What kind of joke was this?! He got up from his seat, walking up towards the stage. It didn't actually bother him being on display in front of a bunch of people, he didn't care about people's opinion enough for that. But the fact he knew he was walking towards his doom...

He stood there, letting his eyes fall over the group. Okay so he was getting paired with the blond flirt, two people who had started the fight WITH blond flirt and the dude that had about as much social skills as he did...

He glanced at the quiet dude, giving him a small incline of his head as his way of saying "hey dude, I'm not going to kill you"- he didn't want him freaking out on him when his attention was drawn to the blond.

He was smiling. He saw something shiny out of the corner of his eyes.

"Hey," he addressed (it was about as social as Fang got), "nice nail polish." he signaled to his fingers. He had to give it to him, the dude had a very particular sense of style.

"EW. Nail polish, really Neiko?" the girl said, pulling a face as her hand was tied to Wilbur's, "what are you, a sissy?"

Wilbur zoned out while the group was getting tied together, he barely noticed Fang and Neiko. He was snapped back into reality when he heard a voice to his right,”...what are you, a sissy?” Wilbur turned his head towards the voice, Rose was sneering at him. He shook his head while she scoffed,”You are the literal epitome of social anxiety, Wilbur,” he frowned,”I’m not scared, I’m just nervous,” he ended while returning the glare to her. She rolled her eyes while Dan let out a tiny wheeze. Rose then turned to Neiko and started to insult his nails once again. On his other side of the ropes were Dan and Fang. Dan was watching the argument of his girlfriend and Neiko go on, he snickered every time Rose insulted Neiko. Wilbur sighed, Dan probably followed Rose everywhere, and sided with her even when she was obviously wrong. Fang however, was rolling his eyes as the argument went on, and glanced at Dan. Wilbur knew this wasn’t gonna be easy, with two of them squabbling while another snickered every second, and with the one who didn’t really care and probably wanted to kill each and every one of them. Wilbur hung his head down, and turned to Fang,”Uh... nice weather, am I right..?” he offered a awkward smile, while Dan nearly let out a wheeze.
Neiko glanced down at his nails, surprised that Fang noticed the fresh coat of paint that he'd given them. "Oh, thanks." Did the other boy like his aesthetic or was he just making small talk? It certainly was awkward to get tied up like this, especially in front of others, so he couldn't blame anyone for just saying random things. As he opened his mouth to offer a compliment back, however, Rose interrupted all of his goodwill.

"EW. Nail polish, really Neiko? What are you, a sissy?"

Neiko snapped his head over to look at her, incredulous. "Excuse me? Who exactly is supposed to be a sissy here? I'm quite proud of how I look, thank you very much!"

She huffed and started off on a little tirade that her boyfriend seemed quite fond of. If Neiko were a little less proud of himself, he might have ended up crying from all the insults. But as if were, they were just disrupting the rest of the group. Even after the principal finished tying all of their strings and released them to go sit down again, he was still huffing and puffing, only giving the other two a few apologetic and pleaded looks periodically. It wasn't like he wanted to be the disruptive one in a group that could all be friends.

"Sorry about all of this. It would probably be better if you got tied with someone else, huh?"

Or better if I wasn't tied to anyone at all... Fang thought, darkly. He'd never been a people person, after all.

He looked unimpressed at the pair who were still going off at the blond. He appreciated both the awkward boy and the flirty guy's effort at trying to stop things from being awkward, but quite honestly he'd had enough.

"Either you two shut it right now or I'll gut you and serve it for lunch to the rest of the group."

That shut them up.

He smirked a bit in satisfaction. He wouldn't REALLY gut them, but DAMN IT, they were annoying. And it hadn't even been 10 minutes.

He turned back to the blond and the quiet kid an looked between them, deciding he should probably answer them. THEY hadn't annoyed him. "anyone want to get out of here? Since its such nice weather..." he teased Wilbur. "Honestly blondie, it's not you im about ready to murder..." he pinched the bridge of his nose

Wilbur’s face turned a bright red, He knew he was awkward, but Fang didn’t have to rub it in his face. He ran a hand through his hair,”Yeah, very 𝑛𝑖𝑐𝑒 𝑤𝑒𝑎𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟,“ he rolled his eyes and Dan nearly let out another wheeze. Wilbur was starting to get frustrated, did he think everything was funny? It had only been 3 minutes, and he had probably set a world record for the most amount of wheezes in that timespan. Rose was turned to Dan and told him something Wilbur couldn’t hear. Dan immediately shut up, then Rose returned to sneering at Neiko. Wilbur wondered if the principal had paired all of them together on accident, or if they had actually done it on purpose, He probably wouldn’t get an answer. He kicked up his shoe, If they were gonna survive an entire week together, they would all have to start making amends with each other, wether they liked it or not. He looked at Neiko, and then to Fang, they came from detention, didn’t they? He understood why Fang came from detention to lunch, but how did Neiko? He shook his head, he was just gonna start overthinking it. Maybe all he had to do was convince himself, it‘l be okay, and it would. Though based off the several interactions the group had with each other, it most likely, won’t be okay.
Neiko had to bite back a small snicker of his own at Fang's threat and just how effective it was. Maybe he should try to say something like that himself, but with his aesthetic, he doubted it would have much of the same effect. He found himself biting on one of his freshly painted nails and giving the friendly members of his group an awkward look through his bangs. "Ah, should we get out of here? Too bad we can't ditch the dead weight and really get out of here. I think the principal just said we were free to go so we could at least go get lunch." He certainly wouldn't mind eating but it was a group decision at this point...unfortunately.

He had his body turned on his seat, purposely putting his back to Rose and Dan. If those two were going to say nasty things for the rest of the day, then he was just going to ignore them. No point in offering an olive branch himself. It was a pity too because he started out the day liking them, perhaps a bit pathetically. Rose had the cutest pigtails a girl could have and Dan played soccer and had the legs to match. It was a bit unfair that their personalities turned so sour when affronted with his own. It made Neiko feel a bit sorry for the quiet kid in their group. Did the principal say his name was Wilbur? He probably didn't get assigned to this contest instead of detention!

Fang saw the quiet guy turn bright red and couldn't help the small chuckle. Teasing people was part of his sense of humor, a form of banter for him, as he was not the joke and punch line type.

"Sorry, shy kid." he said looking sideways at him with a cheeky smile, "couldn't resist. Anyway."

He turned back to Neiko, "Anyway, I definitely agree with you, blondie. Let's get out of here. Keen for a bite to eat? I'm famished."

He could still hear the catty girl saying nasty things behind the boys' backs and kicked her in the shin where he stood. He smirked, satisfied, when the girl let out a high pitched "ow!" and turned scathing eyes on him. She was being over dramatic. He didn't even kick her that hard...

"Why you little-"

"Okay, let's go." Fang said, getting to his feet and beginning to walk through the door, unintentionally pulling the others along with him.

Wilbur’s anxiety was through the roof, not literally, but you know what I mean. He was shaking and wanted to melt into a puddle and never been seen again. He was snapped back into reality when he was jerked forward, What happened? He then began walking with the group, Fang was dragging them all along to get food, Rose was limping while Dan was set on giving Fang the most terrible death glare Wilbur had ever seen. Rose was still shouting all those profanities at Neiko, Bless Poseidon, she would never shut up, would she? Wilbur had the urge to smack her, but he knew Dan would probably beat the absolute hell out of him if he did. Despite it being about over 40 minutes after lunch, there was surprisingly, a large amount of people still there, did they come watch in the auditorium, or are they just super slow on eating their food? This was gonna be torture, How are they gonna eat? One bench only holds three people, when there was five of them. He groaned loudly and hung his head down, It had only been nearly five hours after their collision at morning, yet it felt like it had passed by for a minute. He looked at his shoes, then gave a slideways glance at all of the group’s members. He wanted to go home, not be stuck with your stereotypical bad boy, the flirt, the brat, and the “jock”. He lifted up his head, The only thing he had to do was survive.
Neiko was at least prepared when Fang started to walk so he only stumbled a little to catch up. "I can't believe they made us do this during lunch in the first place. Don't they have an obligation to feed their students?" Thankfully, the cafeteria still looked to be about half full and both the buffet and the snack lines still appeared to be operating. The tables, on the other hand, would be a bit more of an issue.

"Might as well run through the buffet line real quick and figure out seating after. Come on." This time he took the lead as he carefully tugged the others to the shorter lunch line, not considering that the others may want the popcorn chicken or a hot dog like the other line provided. After all, he wanted his dinner roll!

(Lets add our first minor hitch ;) )

Fang wanted a hot dog.

Like. He really wanted a hot dog. But apparently the blond didn't. He stood still, unmoving.

"We should go to the other line." he stated. He was going to get his hot dog first as they had a tendency to go the quickest. What can I say? The school loved processed meat.

"Actually." the snobby girl said, tilting her head up like she had a bad smell under her nose, "I want a salad and that is in that section." She pointed to the salad bar that was at the other end of the room from both the hot dog buffet and where the dinner rolls were. It was surrounded in slim cheerleaders and other people (mainly girls) who were trying to watch their weight. Ugh. Not Fang's cup of tea. The crowd there looked absolutely horrendous. He was still new to the school but apparently the cliche "popular cheerleaders" looked like they still existed, if their snobby expressions and the way they laughed and whispered about a nerdy kid that walked by them gave him any hints.

"Also," she stated, "my friends are over there and I am going to sit with them, whether you losers come or not."

Fang rolled his eyes at such stupidity. They were tied together. They literally had to all go to the same place.
Neiko came to an abrupt stop when the string pulled on his arm. For a second, he didn't understand what happened and just stood there like an idiot, their little line of tied up people stretched as far as it would go.

"Oh...really?" he finally said as he gave the various lines a look over. It was clear that he didn't even consider that the others would want to get their food elsewhere, but he was considering it now. "I guess we can go that way first. I wasn't thinking so much. Ah! What did the rest of you want to eat? Wilbur? Dan?" He even asked the rude boy after a hesitant second though he wasn't sure he cared about the answer.

Still, Dan shrugged one shoulder and pointed to the same line that Fang was trying to go through. "Bruh. No one goes through the buffet. And I always sit with Rose and her friends so you're just going to have to suck it up and come with." With another tug on their arms, he started toward the food line he wanted.
Graven (played by NeonStitchLover)

((Hi!! May I join?))
((I don't see why not. Pretty sure the rp is still open. We've got a thing going on where the three boys are tied together but I'm sure there's a way to work your boy in if the others are still around!))

((hhhhhhhh so sorry about not responding, I’ve been busy at the moment))
((You're good. Just take your time. Real life is most important <3 ))

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » MxM Highschool RP [Open] NEW PLAYER(S) WELCOME

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus