Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2022 » Puzzle 5 Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Dragonfire Moderator

I can only guess! I'm not totally sure on that one.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

New clue released! You're sooooooooo close friends <3
Mm... they had to correct an issue with excess heat, which in turn lead to the suggestion of creating two new festivals to help use up the excess food. (Or maybe those were unrelated, I've only done a basic read-through.)

Not sure about the "art" aspect (unless it's referring to something like the sculpture thing), but I know they did some fancy gardens (that resulted in that food). Gardens need water... so my brain took heating, cooling, and dripping over to evaporation, condensation, precipitation. While hydroponics/aquaponics usually won't use enough heat for that kind of thing since it'd harm the plants, might not have the same issue if the process involves cooling the water back down to create artificial rain. I think "reverse osmosis" is also supposed to use a similar process to purify water (basically how we purify water in the farm game, based on how that device looks). That could go back to the excess thing being the heat.
"sugar -p-- delights" does take of the right number of spaces so far, but the p being the second letter doesn't work with "plum."

Edit: has "sugar spun delights" been tried?

Additional edit: Neither "sugar spun delights" nor "sweet spun delights"
No luck on sugar spun delights, but it has to be sugar _p__ delights. What could that third word be?
4 letters for the middle word yes?

Congrats on solving this symbol! The answer was "Festival of Sugarspun Delights".

For those of you wondering how this answer could be arrived at, here's a quick explanation. :)

This was a tough one that required a whole lot of leaps and dedicated brainstorming to get! In the Department of Agriculture Annual Report December 31st 42 M.O. UNI, we see that while many crop yields have increased over the previous year, Beetroots in particular have seen a whopping 193% increase. Beets are a common source of sugar, as is also highlighted in our farming game this year.

As a result of all this abundance, the head of the department recommends "two new public festivals be added to the calendar to help reduce loss through spoilage."

In the undated burned note, someone writes to their loved one that they have proposed a festival to honor them (the loved one) and the sculptures they create in the kitchen. The name of the proposed festival is obscured by damage to the paper, but can be made out as "estival of s**************hts"

A sculptural art one can do in the kitchen is sugar spinning. Thus, the Festival of Sugarspun Delights.
oki

YOU DID IT! GREAT WORK! Ya'll have been dancing right around the answer for days. I was losing my mind over here with all the sugar plums. Soooo close :D
Dragonfire Moderator

LOL OH MAN

I tried a couple of variations on spun sugar yesterday but didn't quite get the right combination! Good work, everyone. XD
AHH!! Okay yeah, that makes a lot more sense than sugarplums for sure XD

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2022 » Puzzle 5 Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus