Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Some mobile games are scary

TiredWriter

Some of these mobile games need to stop. Like why is my sister (9) asking me what nudes are?
N-nani?!
NiftySpiffy

Oop-
Wait until your sis discover the fantastic world of lootbox... eeeehm, surprise mechanics.
Lord_Cegorach wrote:
Wait until your sis discover the fantastic world of lootbox... eeeehm, surprise mechanics.

D-9VyKeU4AA-GWh.jpg
that is a surprise mechanic
TiredWriter wrote:
Some of these mobile games need to stop. Like why is my sister (9) asking me what nudes are?

Oh boy. There's a lot to unpack with those kind of things. Whenever I see a really terrible mobile game ad, what I do is try and mentally picture some of my characters reacting to it. It can make you feel a bit better knowing you found some entertainment from it.
randomentity777 wrote:
TiredWriter wrote:

Oh boy. There's a lot to unpack with those kind of things. Whenever I see a really terrible mobile game ad, what I do is try and mentally picture some of my characters reacting to it. It can make you feel a bit better knowing you found some entertainment from it.

My nephew once asked me what a "tentacle fetish" is
TiredWriter wrote:
sus-the.gif
TiredWriter wrote:
EmoAndrewHussie wrote:

I... what
On a more serious note, how old was your nephew when they asked that?

And I swear, there almost needs to be regulation on some of these game's ads alone!!

Better erm, chest physics than I see in most AAA games. :O
Sanne Moderator

TiredWriter wrote:

This is one of the reasons most companies' TOS requires kids to be 13, or have parental consent and supervision to ensure the content is suitable for kids. If the app is intended explicitly for kids under 13, it should be reported though!!
Elysian-Wolf wrote:
TiredWriter wrote:
EmoAndrewHussie wrote:

I... what
On a more serious note, how old was your nephew when they asked that?

And I swear, there almost needs to be regulation on some of these game's ads alone!!

Better erm, chest physics than I see in most AAA games. :O

he was 5
Dear Jesus, these mobile game companies need god. And I’m not even religious.
Forgive me for daring to paraphrase a quote from "Hunt Down the Freeman", but God isn't gonna help us this time.
EmoAndrewHussie wrote:
randomentity777 wrote:
TiredWriter wrote:

We should teach this stuff in school mayhaps.
randomentity777 wrote:
Forgive me for daring to paraphrase a quote from "Hunt Down the Freeman", but God isn't gonna help us this time.

Indeed

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Some mobile games are scary

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus