Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Please be kind to others

I know that I haven't said much but I lost my world 3 months ago.

I lost my husband in what everyone says (in the police, emt and hospital) was just a freak accident. Meaning that the safety devices in place of the vehicle did their job too well.
My husband had the problem of have multiple sneezes when he did sneeze. This last time it happened he was turning around the corner. He lost control and hit a tree. The seat belt jerk him backwards and locked in place. The airbag popped out like it was suppose to then popped spraying the powder all over the drivers area. The results were that between the tree, seat belt, and airbag, my husband of 40 years died.

The tree only had a 4 inch by 6 inch chunk taken out of it, The grass was bent. The street did not have any skid marks nor did the grass.
Fire rescue team had to take apart of the trailblazer to get him out and they took the black box.
There was no signs of suicide. No alcohol or drugs were in his system. Slight concussion but nothing that a day or two of rest couldn't cure.
7 pages of testing was done. I got everything but the test results. The doctors told my daughter about the testing and she let me know this much about the accident results. She is an EMT herself.

Needless to say that I am feeling really emotional and even small things hurt more than any other time in my life. Please, be kind to others, give them the benefit of the doubt, you don't know what they're going through.

Now that I have got this off my chest, I will get off the soap box, wipe my tears and go crawl back into my hole then pull the stone over so I can quietly lick my wounds again.
Ryu

What a tragic loss.

I feel for you. People are ambiguous towards others on here because for most people its just a game. Not really an escapism therapy. I would urge you compassionately to please seek out therapy or some other support group. You don't have to crawl out of a pit by yourself. But I don't think relying on strangers and roleplay is going to be the healthiest or most helpful option.
It was truly heart breaking to read this experience and I am so sorry you lost the love of you're life. My deepest condolences and prayers (if you're a believer) are with you in this dark time. I, too, have lost people close to me and its never easy.

If ever there is a time to rely on the rest of you're family, loved ones and friends, its now. You'll need all the support you can right now and they'll help you through it.
Quote:
Please, be kind to others, give them the benefit of the doubt, you don't know what they're going through.

This resonates with me so much because I know how it feels when this isn't given. So, I agree with this wholeheartedly.
That's heartbreaking. I'm so sorry.

My family had a few "freak accident" losses in the last 7 years alone, so I can sympathize. It's quite a shock, and even years later, they do not make sense to me. They just happened.

I hope your family can get through this. I send you kind thoughts.
Ryu wrote:
What a tragic loss.

I feel for you. People are ambiguous towards others on here because for most people its just a game. Not really an escapism therapy. I would urge you compassionately to please seek out therapy or some other support group. You don't have to crawl out of a pit by yourself. But I don't think relying on strangers and roleplay is going to be the healthiest or most helpful option.

Unfortunately, this is also true. Everyone is dealing with something all the time, some of us worse than others at different points. The flipside is to assume that person being a jerk might just be having a bad day, or going through something difficult. Strangers can't really be your support network though, the best we can do is empathize.
I am so sorry. I know it's been a while since we last spoke, but if you need an ear to cry, rant or vent to, my inbox is 120% open. While not the same, I know what it is like to lose a loved one out of the blue and I am so so sorry that this has happened to you.

I do agree that rp right now might not be the best idea since we can all seem so faceless behind our computer screen. It's like we forgot that everyone is a living breathing person capable of emotion.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Please be kind to others

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus