Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2022

Korby Pureheart (played anonymously)

"Poyo poyo poyo?" (Translation: "What type of games will we be playing?") Korby said, as it tilted it's head to the left, thinking.
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

"Well..." There was a twinkle in the Duchess' eyes as she looked around the glade at her many guests, taking in the range of costumes and masks before her. "Given the exquisite taste you've all displayed tonight, perhaps we should start with a design competition? Teams of two or three will complete to design the best hat using the mystery supplies I provide them."
Korby Pureheart (played anonymously)

Korby then nods slowly as this is something interesting, AND it's something that they didn't try "Poyo..." (Translation: "Interesting...")
Mimi (played by Ultimate.Gaymer)

"Oh my gosh, that sounds so fun!" Mimi cheered, bouncing up and down with excitement. She seemed to remember, then, that she was still carrying a half-full plate of snacks and a mini dinosaur, and was relieved that nothing had fallen to the floor with her carelessness.
Tabetha Marrowheart (played by GingerHades)

"Oh, what a wonderful idea!" Tabetha exclaimed in her usual dramatic fashion. "I would love to partake in such a sport!"
Mini Might (played by Dragothemonk)

Mini Might lets out a "yeep" as his cupcake goes flying when mimi bounces up and down

The Duchess grins. "Perfect. I'll have the servants begin setting up for the game... I expect the most difficult part will be the lot of you picking your teams." She winks at those assembled, and then claps her hands, beginning a flurry of activity among the liveried waitstaff.
Interdimensional Handyman (played by Kim) Topic Starter

The handyman looks around, his bushy eyebrows raised. He's not much of a designer, but he's got some design skills... then again, he's technically supposed to be installing decor at this shindig, not getting in on the contest action.

Mimi swiftly picked up the cupcake that had gone flying, popping it into her mouth without a second thought. As compensation and an apology, she handed a fresh new one to Mini Might. ... Why hadn't she just given him the one that had fallen, rather than eating it herself? Well, she thought it might be rude to give floor food to someone. So she ate the floor food and replaced the lost cupcake with a cleaner one.
And now that that was dealt with, she had to pick a team for this game...

"Ah, so we will be picking the teams for the game?" Tabetha asked, glancing around the venue from underneath her mask. "Wonderful! Alright my darlings, which of you would be good at this game?! Don't be shy now!"

"Unless you'd like for me to pair you off myself, which I can certainly do," says the Duchess, looking around at the assembly which now seems to have a bit of cold feet.

"Oh, I'd be great at this! I'll join you!" Mimi called out to Tabetha with a bright grin. "And the mini dinosaur can be on our team too!"
Mini Might (played by Dragothemonk)

Mini Might raises an eye ridge at being called a mini dinosaur again

"Good! I wanted this one anyway," Tabetha declares, patting Mimi on the shoulder. "I like THIS one!"

Tabetha looked down at Mini Might, chuckling. "Ohh, and I think this one would be the perfect model for the hat! Look at you, darling. You're so cute, I could just gobble you up!"

The handyman sidles up next to the little green puff guy, and looks down at him hopefully. But not too hopefully. You know... dignified.

The preparations conclude with several large tables set out, each one with a collection of plain, undecorated hats (tophats, bowlers, sun hats, etc.), various forms of cloth, sequins, flowers and feathers in little wooden boxes, and a locked chest on each one. The Duchess gestures for the teams to take their positions, each one at a different table.

"Come, darlings!" Tabetha announced, gesturing for Mimi to follow, Mini Might in tow. "We shall make the most glorious hat anyone has ever seen!"

An exaggeration, to be clear, but Tabetha was determined to win.

After setting her plate down on the refreshments table, Mimi eagerly moved to one of the hat decorating tables instead, Mini Might still in her arns. Though, upon reaching the table, she gently set the little dragon on to the floor, then hummed in thought. "Maybe we could get a chair or stool afor the little guy?" She wondered aloud.

Feeling both sheepish and bold, the handyman side-steps over to one of the team tables on his own, as if he's hoping no one will notice he's just decided to compete instead of install LED lighting. He gives Mimi, Tabatha and Mini's table a nervous little thumbs up.

.((Can someone from each team give me a 1d10 roll please? :) ))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2022

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus