Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2022

Mimi (played by Ultimate.Gaymer)

"Oh, I'd be great at this! I'll join you!" Mimi called out to Tabetha with a bright grin. "And the mini dinosaur can be on our team too!"
Mini Might (played by Dragothemonk)

Mini Might raises an eye ridge at being called a mini dinosaur again
Tabetha Marrowheart (played by GingerHades)

"Good! I wanted this one anyway," Tabetha declares, patting Mimi on the shoulder. "I like THIS one!"

Tabetha looked down at Mini Might, chuckling. "Ohh, and I think this one would be the perfect model for the hat! Look at you, darling. You're so cute, I could just gobble you up!"
Interdimensional Handyman (played by Kim) Topic Starter

The handyman sidles up next to the little green puff guy, and looks down at him hopefully. But not too hopefully. You know... dignified.
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

The preparations conclude with several large tables set out, each one with a collection of plain, undecorated hats (tophats, bowlers, sun hats, etc.), various forms of cloth, sequins, flowers and feathers in little wooden boxes, and a locked chest on each one. The Duchess gestures for the teams to take their positions, each one at a different table.

"Come, darlings!" Tabetha announced, gesturing for Mimi to follow, Mini Might in tow. "We shall make the most glorious hat anyone has ever seen!"

An exaggeration, to be clear, but Tabetha was determined to win.

After setting her plate down on the refreshments table, Mimi eagerly moved to one of the hat decorating tables instead, Mini Might still in her arns. Though, upon reaching the table, she gently set the little dragon on to the floor, then hummed in thought. "Maybe we could get a chair or stool afor the little guy?" She wondered aloud.

Feeling both sheepish and bold, the handyman side-steps over to one of the team tables on his own, as if he's hoping no one will notice he's just decided to compete instead of install LED lighting. He gives Mimi, Tabatha and Mini's table a nervous little thumbs up.

.((Can someone from each team give me a 1d10 roll please? :) ))

((Here I gooo))
rolled 1d10 and got a natural 3.

((beep))
rolled 1d10 and got a natural 6.

Smirks and hops up to sit on the table and watches the big people make the hats

((Thank you!!))

The Duchess claps her hand once more, and the locks on each of the chests open, the tops swinging up to reveal...

Over with Mini/Mimi/Tabetha, the chest is stuffed full of... eggs? Chicken eggs, little pale blue robin's eggs, giant ostrich eggs, something scaly that might even be a dragon's egg!

Over on the handyman's table, the chest is full of little glass bottles, almost like the sort you'd find in a hotel mini-bar.

"Good luck, teams! You have half an hour to create the most fantastic hat you can imagine!"

"Eggs..." Mimi mused, peering curiously into the chest. "Well then!" She plucked one from the chest and held it out to Tabetha, saying, "Can I offer you a nice egg in this trying time?" She snickered.
Jacob Walker (played by FrostWolf)

Jacob walked in unaware of what was going on as he looked around. He had received the invitation but had shown up slightly later than intended. He only planned on staying for two hours anyway. The venue shocked him as he found himself surrounded by people he didn't know. His eyes landed on The Duchess. By expecting this invitation he had sworn to not kill any of his fellow people, it was rare for him to do this but he just wanted to have some fun. He put his mask on leaving his blue eyes exposed. He smiled as he walked in wearing his Black suit. "Well this is an interesting venue." He looked around seemingly on his own. He was out of his werewolf stage seemingly just a normal human.

"Wowee!" Tabetha exclaimed. "Where could one find so many eggs?! This is outstanding!"

She suddenly turned to Mimi and took the offered egg. "Why, thank you, darling! I will absolutely accept your kind offer!"

And with that, Tabetha popped the egg in her mouth and began crunching on it. No hesitation at all. Yuck!

Peers into the chest to investigate the eggs and sniffs wondering if he can eat one

The handyman sucks on his teeth for a moment, gazing from under his bushy eyebrows at the box full of empty little bottles in front of him. Oh, he'd been confident, but now he's uncertain. He glances over at the other table just to check their expressions, sees they are already getting ahead of him, or at least don't look quite as baffled as he does, and decides that he'll try something he's a little more confident about. He turns to the pile of plain hats on his table and starts digging through until he find the one he wants to design for. It's a felt cowboy hat. He tries it on to make sure it fits his big head, finds that it's close enough, and plonks it into the dead center of the table. Huffing a bit to himself, he starts holding up bits of cloth against the hat, feeling like he's seen designers in reality TV shows do this sort of thing before so that must be the best way to begin any fashion-centric challenge.
Jacob Walker (played by FrostWolf)

Jacob would stay on the sideline watching not knowing where he was supposed to go or what he was supposed to do he seemed confused. He shrugged it was his fault for not being on time anyway.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2022

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus