Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Getting your pets to 100% wellbeing?

Has anyone managed to do it? I've been trying for ages, but my pets never seem able to go above 80%. My goal is to get a pet to 100% and then Hotel them so it stays there, and keep doing that until all my pets are Hotel'd at 100%.
you got any pumpkin pet biscuits? They grant an immediate 2.5% increase for wellbeing
Aardbei Topic Starter

silentruth wrote:
you got any pumpkin pet biscuits? They grant an immediate 2.5% increase for wellbeing

I haven't seen those things except they're sometimes in the rock group, but I haven't found any by just hopping the site since the event. It would also take an unreasonable amount of them to get up to 100% with any pet. You'd need 10 just for 1 pet.
Personally I feel their stats go down too quickly.

It feels like they drain to 0 like twice a day, which seems a bit much.
I feel like their stats drop too quickly and raise too slowly. It just takes a single night of forgetting to hotel them to do a lot of damage.
Aardbei Topic Starter

Yeah and as I'm sick a lot more lately, I definitely get a little bummed out to come back to seeing all their stats at 0%.

Hotelling them isn't great either because you need to do it every time you anticipate being AFK for a long time but then their stats tick down pretty slowly while at the PC.

I wonder if they're actually meant to go above 72% without using pumpkin treats? It's starting to feel like they're programmed to deliberately not go that high on purpose. Either that, or all my pets have a bad personality type.
Kim Site Admin

It is possible. It is very hard.

Biscuits are getting rarer and rarer as we get further from the event where they were available. I still haven't quite determined how we want to provide them in future.

I'll look at refining them a bit. :)
Kim wrote:
It is possible. It is very hard.

Biscuits are getting rarer and rarer as we get further from the event where they were available. I still haven't quite determined how we want to provide them in future.

I'll look at refining them a bit. :)

If you could just make their wellbeing drop a bit slower when their needs are not met or let their wellbeing raise a bit faster when they are are, I think that would be enough to balance things out.
Aardbei Topic Starter

Yeah not a fan of having to use a consumable to get them to 100% wellbeing personally.
Kim Site Admin

Aardbei wrote:
Yeah not a fan of having to use a consumable to get them to 100% wellbeing personally.

Like I said, you never had to, it was always possible without.

That said, I just pushed a patch to slow down their need degradation and to rebalance how wellbeing is increased/decreased :) I hope this will work better for folks.
Kim wrote:
Aardbei wrote:

Like I said, you never had to, it was always possible without.

That said, I just pushed a patch to slow down their need degradation and to rebalance how wellbeing is increased/decreased :) I hope this will work better for folks.

Cool! I'll have to see if I can do a better job this time starting tomorrow.
I used the "pet spa treatment" on a couple of mine that I'd really goofed on to clear their wellbeing history, and for them I only needed to monitor them for about a day or two before I got them to 100%, and then I monitored them a bit longer to help pad that 100% so that future slip-ups wouldn't hit as hard. For the rest I'd slipped up on, I think it took me 2-3 weeks of monitoring them whenever I could (and of course keeping them in the hotel when I couldn't) and always feeding them their favorite food once I identified what it was. That was in the lead-up to and during Epic Week, so I'm not sure if much might have changed since.

One of the things I noticed was that the sort of "rounds" for how often a pet would need attention seemed to become shorter/more frequent the longer I kept them out of the hotel - as a result, monitoring them for, say, 4 hours straight seemed to end up being more effective than monitoring them for 1 hour 4 separate times (based on conversation I previously had with Kim, I don't think this was intended, and I don't even know if anyone else has experienced the same effect).

And I have the settings set to alert me any time any pet drops below full on any individual need.
Kim Site Admin

I've tweaked and re-tweaked how pet stats are handled multiple times over the past month, and I thiiiink I'm much happier with where it is as of today. Hopefully after some use y'all agree. :)
Not to revive a completed thread, but I have a question that maybe I'm just missing -- wasn't there a little excerpt on the pet when you got them that would tell you a bit about their personality and their favorite food? Did I see that at some point or did I dream this up, because I remember it somehow...
You have to figure out their favorite food through trial and error, but I think what you're looking for is the info available when you click the little circled i icon on the top right of the pet display page.
Kim Site Admin

This article might help on this and other questions, too! :) https://www.rprepository.com/help/walragotchi-pet-care-simulator#526
It did very much! I appreciate it.

I have been meaning to ask how many personality traits the hippocampi have since you have the others listed! I'm eager to learn!
Kim Site Admin

I think you're referring to "5 possible personalities for walruses, 4 for phoenixes, and 6 for pet rocks!"

Hippocampi have the same personality types possible as do Walruses, so also 5. That's goofy, excitable, proud, sleepy and timid. I had actually originally not meant it to be possible for the hippocampi to be sleepy, but I somehow slipped up and they started spawning that way, so I had to scramble to write new flavor text for sleepy hippocampi after they started being adopted.

Phoenixes are incapable of being timid or sleepy -- they are all of them highly Audacious. ;) However, phoenixes can be studios, giving them goofy, excitable, proud and studious as their final personality options.

Pet rocks can be any of the above, so goofy, excitable, proud, sleepy, timid and studious.
Oh my, yes, I found that when I used the lore link and looked up pets, but Hippocampus weren't on there just yet so I was curious. Thank you so much for clarifying. I already have a timid babben, so I'm hoping to get diversity like I did with my phoenixes and my rock group. I have quite the eclectic brood going!

I can't wait to see what the rest of my little 'uns personalities turn out to be like. #proudpapa
Kim Site Admin

Oh right, yes! I haven't had a chance to update the wiki in a bit... That said, since it is a wiki, anyone could give it a start! :D

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Getting your pets to 100% wellbeing?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus