Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: The Constellation

Aunn turned to go inside to prepare herself and her bar for the festive night. Aunn did a cursory inspection of the main room. Nothing appeared out of place, which was a relief. She hadn't really wanted to clean at this hour anyway. She walked into an unseen hallway, to her dressing room. She shifted her appearance into something... scarier than she normally did, giving herself an unhinged jaw filled with pointed fangs and red eyes that almost seemed to glow. Aunn changed her shiftweave to look like a ragged, ankle-level black dress.

She grabbed a large bucket of sweets and other goodies from a nearby table and exited the dressing room. Aunn gave Obie, the goblin bartender, an impish wink as she exited the bar to sit outside for trick-or-treaters. She sat on a stool she had set out earlier and slumped over the bucket of candy, looking as if she was not alive.

The outside of the Constellation was decorated for the event, bearing enchanted paper bats fluttering around the flickering orange sign that boasted the tavern's name. Black silk was also decorating the front of the building, making the usually clean facade look more creepy.

Aun shuddered with the anticipation of the holiday, and all of the laughs she could give herself
Having spent much of her week resting at home, young expectant mother Shinoa Bradford wanted to get out of the house for Halloween Night. With her Father, Dog and Grandmother away from home for the week to help give her some peace and quiet, Shinoa had the house to herself and it was either napping on the couch, going out for walks around her neighborhood, but never too far from home. But today, she could get away for a little while. After putting on a beautiful white dress and gold slippers along with some earrings and a pendent, Shinoa was ready to leave the house.

During her walk, Shinoa would approach a nearby bar, where she saw a scary-looking woman in a ragged black dress slumped over a bucket of candy. And given the decorations that surrounded the woman, this place really went all out. Cradling her swollen belly, Shinoa began waddling towards the woman with the candy, straightening out her hair as she did so. "Well, um...Trick or treat?" She said, smiling rather shyly.
Aunn Tallspine (played by Anakisuto) Topic Starter

Shinoa Bradford wrote:
"Well, um...Trick or treat?" She said, smiling rather shyly.

As Shinoa approached her, Aunn jerked upward, shrieking insane laughter and hoping to scare her. "Eee hee hee!" she laughed, still clutching the bucket. "Why, that's a nice costume! How about a treat?" As she spoke, her body jerked around as if she wasn't fully in control of her actions.

Aunn grinned at Shinoa, awaiting her response.
Once Shinoa was close enough, the other woman, Aunn, jerked upwards and let out a loud shrieking laughter, prompting Shinoa's heart to skip a beat and she even flinched. This was followed up by the expectant mother smiling as Aunn complimented her costume, which, while nice, did catch her a little off-guard. Hopefully there wasn't an assumption about the belly being a prosthetic or a fake. That would have been very embarrassing to explain that she was actually pregnant, because wearing a prosthetic baby bump was a weird thought to her and would be even if she wasn't expecting. "Oh thank you. Took the simpler route this year for mine." She smiled back before reaching towards the bucket.

Once she was about to touch a piece of candy, her stomach would let out a rather loud and eager growl.
Mind if I crash in here?

(uhh yeah ig)

Aunn tilted her head, still in character, and looked at the costumed woman. "Are you all right? Something seems... off here. He he he!" she replied, feeling a little anxious.

(Any other responses are assumed to take place after this interaction, just to make it a little smoother.)
Oh, is it one at a time? My bad.

ThatKingDude wrote:
Oh, is it one at a time? My bad.

(No. Just assume Shinoa is long gone when yc gets there)
It would not be long after the others that a small goat child would approach. Asriel, being a monster, had little need to dress up since most simply assumed he was in costume anyway. Asriel had a green stripped shirt and your typical jean pants. What also was of note was there there was no bag in his hands. His pockets on the other hand had the tell tale indents of treats stored within. It seemed that what he couldn't eat immediately he pocketed for later. He didn't have much which probably meant this was still the top of the night for him.

Asriel approached sheepishly. Bats fluttered around in an unnatural way. They were misshapen and strange. Like they were made of paper. The building was covered in linen and looked old. But not... dusty? On the porch sat a being of which he knew not what to make. Covered in a ragged black dress with a dislocated jaw. They had eyes that seemed to glow and pierce his very soul.

With a studder and a little determination, he spoke. "H-happy Halloween! O-o-or is it trick-or-treat?"
Aunn Tallspine wrote:
Aunn tilted her head, still in character, and looked at the costumed woman. "Are you all right? Something seems... off here. He he he!" she replied, feeling a little anxious.

(So sorry. Been dealing with a lot IRL.)

Taking a deep breath through her nose, she smiled before nodding. "I'm alright, yes. I think the little ones in my belly are just hungry and...well, Mommy has a bit of a sweet tooth right now." Shinoa replied as she grabbed a handful of candy and slipped them into a pillow case that she planned to use throughout the night to collect candy.

Not to mention she could use the exercise. And this helped her get out of the house and got her to stretch her legs. "Happy Halloween." She said before slowly turning around to waddle away as she took another deep breath.

It was going to be a long, but relaxing night.
Aedan O'Rainy (played anonymously)

It was the eve of Samhain, or to most of the populations of the world, it was Halloweeen. An impish smile played across dimpled, freckled cheeks as Aedan O'Rainy made his way down from his own lighthouse and bar by the name of The Lucky Leprechaun, and trapsed down the road. He was in a jovial mood, then again, Aedan most often was. He was a leprechaun after all. One of the fair folk, one of the fae. Though he tended to be a creature of light rather than darkness, a friendly fellow, with a good turn to help those that he deemed worthy of helping.

Now, that might have put the charismatic "young" man more toward the chaotic good nature, but that suited him just fine. To hell with neutrality and law, to hell with those evil blighters and to hell with anyone that thought they were better than anyone else.

A beaming smile touched upon thick lips as he danced a little jig in the streets, singing a tune from the old world, "I was born in a Dublin street where the loyal drums do beat... And the loving English feet, they walked all over us... And every single night when me Da would come home tight,.. He'd invite the neighbors out with this chorus... Come out you Black and Tans! Come out and fight me like a man! Show your wife how you won medals down in Flanders! Tell her how the IRA made you run like hell away, From the green and lovely lakes of Killeshandra!!"

(( To hear the actual song, and understand how it's being sung. ))

In the spitit of the night, the short, broad fellow was dressed in a green pointed hat, more likened to Peter Pan's than a top hat. An irish green shirt, and brown leggings tucked into well oiled, thick sould boots. Upon his waist hugged a belt with an ornately carved Green Man, as the buckle. It looked to be made of a silver that was as pure as pure could be.
il_794xN.947441246_pdxx.jpg

A sheath. as ornate as the buckle, and carved in very much the same manner, matching perfectly with the brown of his belt, held a short sword, or what one could assume was a short sword. It all came together very nicely, and set off with the brown bag that looked empty, or mostly empty, across one thick shoulder. His beard was braided in a rather decrative manner, silver beads looped through some of the braids, just as was his hair beneath the cap. Dancing green eyes took in the streets as he made his way down them, his tennor voice still sounding clearly, and brilliantly through the air. "Come tell us how you slew them ol' Arabs two by two! Like the Zulus, they had knives and bows and arrows! Of how bravely you faced one with your sixteen-pounder gun! And you frightened all the natives to the marrow!"

It was at thist point in time that he caught sight of the woman...thing in the ragged black dress, slumped over the candy dish. The eyes burned like coals, and the teeth seemed to only make his smile grow to a grin. "Oi! OIIIIIIIII!!! Luv. Yer a down right nasty blighty ain'tcha, me pretty ?"

He chuckled amicably, and jogged up toward the Halloweenie set up, and tilted his head, giving his broad, upturned nose a tap. "What sorta sweeties d'ya 'ave for meh, beau'i'ful?" He asked. eyes seeming to twinkle even more, leaning forward on the toes of his feet to get a good look in the bowl. Aedan wasn't the tallest of men, in fact, he was about as short as they came without fully being catagorized as a 'dwarf'.

Aedan O'Rainy wrote:
It was the eve of Samhain, or to most of the populations of the world, it was Halloweeen. An impish smile played across dimpled, freckled cheeks as Aedan O'Rainy made his way down from his own lighthouse and bar by the name of The Lucky Leprechaun, and trapsed down the road. He was in a jovial mood, then again, Aedan most often was. He was a leprechaun after all. One of the fair folk, one of the fae. Though he tended to be a creature of light rather than darkness, a friendly fellow, with a good turn to help those that he deemed worthy of helping.

Now, that might have put the charismatic "young" man more toward the chaotic good nature, but that suited him just fine. To hell with neutrality and law, to hell with those evil blighters and to hell with anyone that thought they were better than anyone else.

A beaming smile touched upon thick lips as he danced a little jig in the streets, singing a tune from the old world, "I was born in a Dublin street where the loyal drums do beat... And the loving English feet, they walked all over us... And every single night when me Da would come home tight,.. He'd invite the neighbors out with this chorus... Come out you Black and Tans! Come out and fight me like a man! Show your wife how you won medals down in Flanders! Tell her how the IRA made you run like hell away, From the green and lovely lakes of Killeshandra!!"

(( To hear the actual song, and understand how it's being sung. ))

In the spitit of the night, the short, broad fellow was dressed in a green pointed hat, more likened to Peter Pan's than a top hat. An irish green shirt, and brown leggings tucked into well oiled, thick sould boots. Upon his waist hugged a belt with an ornately carved Green Man, as the buckle. It looked to be made of a silver that was as pure as pure could be.
il_794xN.947441246_pdxx.jpg

A sheath. as ornate as the buckle, and carved in very much the same manner, matching perfectly with the brown of his belt, held a short sword, or what one could assume was a short sword. It all came together very nicely, and set off with the brown bag that looked empty, or mostly empty, across one thick shoulder. His beard was braided in a rather decrative manner, silver beads looped through some of the braids, just as was his hair beneath the cap. Dancing green eyes took in the streets as he made his way down them, his tennor voice still sounding clearly, and brilliantly through the air. "Come tell us how you slew them ol' Arabs two by two! Like the Zulus, they had knives and bows and arrows! Of how bravely you faced one with your sixteen-pounder gun! And you frightened all the natives to the marrow!"

It was at thist point in time that he caught sight of the woman...thing in the ragged black dress, slumped over the candy dish. The eyes burned like coals, and the teeth seemed to only make his smile grow to a grin. "Oi! OIIIIIIIII!!! Luv. Yer a down right nasty blighty ain'tcha, me pretty ?"

He chuckled amicably, and jogged up toward the Halloweenie set up, and tilted his head, giving his broad, upturned nose a tap. "What sorta sweeties d'ya 'ave for meh, beau'i'ful?" He asked. eyes seeming to twinkle even more, leaning forward on the toes of his feet to get a good look in the bowl. Aedan wasn't the tallest of men, in fact, he was about as short as they came without fully being catagorized as a 'dwarf'.

Aunn jerked her head upward suddenly in an attempt to startle the leprechaun. "Hee hee hee! I see another like me!" she said, intentionally rhyming her words. Her mouth closed awkwardly, attempting to smile despite the perceived injury. "I've never been called that, they always call me an ugly old bat! Hee hee hee!" She held out the bowl. "I promise I won't bite!"
Asriel Dreemuur wrote:
It would not be long after the others that a small goat child would approach. Asriel, being a monster, had little need to dress up since most simply assumed he was in costume anyway. Asriel had a green stripped shirt and your typical jean pants. What also was of note was there there was no bag in his hands. His pockets on the other hand had the tell tale indents of treats stored within. It seemed that what he couldn't eat immediately he pocketed for later. He didn't have much which probably meant this was still the top of the night for him.

Asriel approached sheepishly. Bats fluttered around in an unnatural way. They were misshapen and strange. Like they were made of paper. The building was covered in linen and looked old. But not... dusty? On the porch sat a being of which he knew not what to make. Covered in a ragged black dress with a dislocated jaw. They had eyes that seemed to glow and pierce his very soul.

With a studder and a little determination, he spoke. "H-happy Halloween! O-o-or is it trick-or-treat?"

Aunn quickly sat up, giving a loud "BOO!" before laughing manically. "I suppose this is a little TRICK!" She looked at Asriel, grinning with her misshapen mouth. "I could eat you right up!" she exclaimed upon looking at his costume.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: The Constellation

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus