Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Delivered! (Private/Solo)

The Operator (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

"Well this was an odd one, loves! I landed on the planet Mergadon 12. They had a few space payphones on the fritz only to find all the streets blocked and preparing for a big parade. I had a bit of a problem finding a place to park. Anywho, I decided to check out the festivities. The buildings were covered in blinking lights and like the space gas station I just stopped at on the way, they had trees covered in decorations! So, I grab meself some popcorn from a vendor and the locals approached and I couldn't quite understand what they wanted. Apparently, they recognized me or me voice and wanted me autograph or something. Then I met the mayor and and I guess there was a bit of a problem but I had a tad bit of trouble understanding what exactly the bloke wanted me to do. I'm not up on the customs of all these backwater planets. Using social to figure it all out!"

2d4

Maybe space Santa will bring me a 4! Fingers crossed!
rolled 1d4 and got a natural 4.

Note: social roll 1

Note: social roll 2.

"Brilliant! I got 2 of 'em but I only can use one roll. It turns out, they want me to be the grand marshal! Apparently, the original planned grand marshal had to back out due to feeling unwell. I also realized that ITC is a sponsor for the event! I got to ride on top of a parade float as sort of the guest of honor and wave at all the folks. Not too bad if you ask me! I even brought that sorry excuse for a toaster to ride along on the float with me. I think that little rust bucket enjoyed blinking all of his lights and bellowing out big clouds of white smoke as we went along our route. To wrap it up, we got to participate in the tree lighting in the center of the city!"

Success 7/12

Conclude day 5
U.N.I.T. 35235236466-0001A (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

Begin Day 6

Card: 8 of clubs

Today is a special day for The Operator! She's celebrating some kind of anniversary and gets a gift from someone.

"What's this, loves? A gift for me?"

Social 2d4

Note: Roll 1

Note: Roll 2

"An anniversary? I got a gift from my family whom I haven't seen in ages. Today is the day I graduated from trade school. Not a particularly happy memory. I feel bad that me work has consumed me and I haven't been home in ions and or seen them. Couple that with the whole lineman union strike and the fact that I'm out here in space fixing bloody phones and not connecting calls just put me in a rather cross mood. Oh well, back to the grind I suppose. The holiday parade was fun while it lasted. I best get those phones serviced before I head back out."

End Day 6
Fails: 1
Success 7/12

Day 7/12
Successes: 7/12

new event: 6C- The Operator gets word a family member is ill.

"Me mum is in the hospital, so I thought I'd make a witty phone call using the very payphone I just serviced to cheer her up."

Using wit: 4d4
rolled 1d4 and got a natural 1.

Note: wit roll 1

rolled 1d4 and got a natural 3.

Note: roll 2

rolled 1d4 and got a natural 2.

Note: roll 3

Note: roll 4

"Well, that went pretty well. Not quite as good as I hoped but she's in better spirits and she should be out in a day. I probably should have picked up some flowers and sent a card, too."

End Day 7.

Successes: 8/12

Begin Day 8:

The Operator draws the Jack of Diamonds. She enters a planet that has an atmosphere like her home planet. A success here means a second event can be drawn.

"I've arrived on a planet called Calmuruta that is very much like my own! No quarantine or bureaucracy. I can just land and get to work after calling in."

Using social 2d4. If there is a success, a new event can be drawn.

Note: Social 1

Note: Social 2

"A smashing success! The customs person directed me right to where I needed to come in and where to park. I'll be able to get straight to work. Giving the coordinates to Yoo-nit now. This should be a quick in and out since I just need to check these phones and remove the credits. I wish every day could be like this and go so smoothly."

Day 8 Event 1

Success: 9/12
Failures for this run: 1

Draw a second event for the day.

The Operator draws the 5 of Spades: Error! Error! Error! The ships shields are malfunctioning!

Day 8 Event 2

Success: 9/12

"Well, I knew me luck was a bit too good on that last one. Quick in and out and of course this sorry excuse for a repair van is having trouble again. The shields are failing. Those are necessary when in space to prevent debris, asteroids and other space junk from damaging the van. They also help protect against attacks from space road rage and space pirates. Yoo-nit, run a diagnostic, love. Let's pull over and have a look at what's going on."

The Operator will use wit: 4d4.

Note: wit roll 1

Note: wit roll 2

Note: wit roll 3

Note: wit roll 4

"A smashing success! Things worked out after all. Yoo-nit ran a quick diagnostic and its a faulty switch. Fortunately, I have one in the back of the van. I didn't even need to get out and put a space suit on! Just a quick change out and we're back in business and on to our next stop on Mivoria. No time lost!"

End Day 8

Success: 10/12

New event: Queen of Spades

A usable ship part is found on the next planet, but it is partially buried. A success reduces time by one (one less success needed).

Begin Day 9

"I don't know what space god-forsaken planet I've landed on, but this place looks like a war zone! Everything is in disrepair here. Cities are in ruins and it feels like I'm in a bad part of the city, but all of the cities are one big ghetto. I want to find these phones, do me job and get out of here! However, Yoo-nit picked up something buried near the road. There is a wrecked ship, but an almost perfect hyperdrive is near it. Problem is, loves, it's partially buried but if I can get this baby unburied and installed, it will greatly improve this bucket of bolts repair van's hyperspace time. I'm going to pull over and give it a go. The only problem is I have to use body to do it and that's not my strong suit."

1d4 (Operator's body skill)

Note: unbury the hyper drive

"Oh buggar! I can't get it out and I wasted a lot of time trying. It's too bad. That could have really gotten me ahead."

End Day 9

Failures for this run: 2

3 of clubs. All vessels must be searched by customs.

"Oh, buggar! Look at the line! I'm trying to get onto Pralos I, known for its ridiculously strict customs. Every ship in the system has to be searched thoroughly before being allowed to land. So, I'm going to use wit and me celebrity status to see if I can catch a break. Wish me luck, loves!"

Note: Wit 1

Note: Wit 2

Note: Wit 3

Note: Wit 4

"And they bought it! The bloke I talked to not only waved me though, but asked for an autograph! They have a special line for contractors and dignitaries. In the future if I have to come here, I'm on a special VIP list to get me in and out without the wait. Off to fix some phones now."

Day 10
Successes 11/12
Failures: 2

Only one more to go and this run is in the bag!

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Delivered! (Private/Solo)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus