Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Delivered! (Private/Solo)

U.N.I.T. 35235236466-0001A (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

Day 11
Successes 11/12
Failures: 2
XP 1/5

"The Operator gets a Joker. A joker allows the following:
-Change a stat roll into a partial success
-Increase a timer by one
-Immediately discard a card and draw a new one."

Day 11

Drawing a second event. If The Operator fails this event, she will use the Joker to get an automatic partial success.

"Error! Error! Error! A pipe in the ship's engine room begins leaking."

Success 11/12
Failures: 2
XP: 1/5
The Operator (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

An alert goes off and the check engine light comes on.

Operator: "Bloody hell! Not again! Can't this sorry excuse for a telephone company keep their service vehicles working? Yoo-nit, what's wrong now? Run a diagnostic!"

Yoo-nit: "The Ship has a leaking pipe in the engine room."

Operator: "@#$%! We don't have a bloody engine room! It's a van!"

Yoo-nit: "Ship!"

Operator: "Whatever, you sorry excuse for a toaster. We'll have to land somewhere with a breathable atmosphere so I can pop the hood and take a look unless there is a service station nearby. "

Yoo-nit begins making a series of noises. Lights flash, there is a ding and the red light on his head begins blinking as the metal flag on his shoulder raises and lowers. A slip of paper prints out and The Operator snatches it.

Using wit to resolve.
rolled 1d4 and got a natural 4.

Note: wit roll 1

Note: wit roll 2

rolled 1d4 and got a natural 3.

Note: wit roll 3

rolled 1d4 and got a natural 1.

Note: wit roll 4

Smashing success!

A full service space station is just a few clicks ahead. The Operator pulls in and the maintenance droid quickly raises the hood and finds the problem. A quick hose replacement later, and she's on her way again. The service station has ITC in their system already as an authorized provider and bills them automatically. The Operator's next destination is nearby. None of the pay phones need any work.

Day 12 complete! This run has successfully been resolved.
XP 2/5
The Operator still has a joker card she can use in the future

Time for a new run!

The Operator gets the Jack of Diamonds. This means she must complete 11 actions in 8 days.

Her next event is the 8 of spades. Error! Error! Error! Another light starts blinking on the ship's panel.

Event 3
Day 1 of 8
Success: 0/11

Joker- can make an automatic success, give an extra day or draw a new event one time.

"Bloody hell! Not again! We just left the service space station," The Operator groaned when another light on the control panel begins blinking again. "Run another diagnostic on the van Yoo-nit."

"Ship," The droid countered.

"Ugh! Just do it! This trip isn't off to a good start," The Operator sighed.

Using wit 4d4.

Note: wit 1

Note: wit 2

Note: wit 3

Note: wit 4

And a smashing success!

The Operator quickly looked over her options and there was another service station close by. After pulling in, the droid quickly checked the egines and the last droid failed to tighten a hose properly.

Event 3
Day 1 of 8
Success: 1/11

Joker- can make an automatic success, give an extra day or draw a new event one time.

Warning! Warning! Warning!

The Operator draws a second event for the same day. She begins to feel ill from the rations she has been consuming that she purchased at the petrol station.

Card drawn: 4 of Spades.

"Oh buggar! I'm feeling unwell after those snacks I picked up at the space petrol station. I'm going to put the van on auto and let Yoo-nit take over and get some meds from the first aid kit and lie down for a bit. Hopefully, the stomach bug passes."

Using wit: 4d4
rolled 1d4 and got a natural 1.
rolled 1d4 and got a natural 2.

"Still not 100%, but feeling somewhat better after a bit of a snooze. I'm going to check the next batch of payphones on the work order, but may not be as thorough as normal. If they have a dial tone that'll do after I collect the credits from their vaults. If anything isn't proper, I'll slap an out of order sticker on it and it can be the next bloke's problem who comes along to service them."

Event 3
Day 1 of 8
Success: 2/11

New event: The Operator lands on a planet and an inhabitant wishes to make a trade.

Card drawn: 5H

Event 3
Day 2 of 8
Success: 2/11
Failures 0/3
1 joker available

Using Social 2d4

Note: roll 1

Note: roll 2

"I'm on planet Magellon. A local wandered up to me and wanted to make a trade. The problem is, I don't speak the language and had no idea what the lil bloke wanted. Fortunately, I was able to use Yoo-nit to translate. It turns out he liked to trade items with people from other worlds. He has never been off his planet. At first, I was a bit worried that I didn't have anything to give him. However, he didn't care if it was anything of value. So, I gave him a spare diode out of me parts bin. I didn't do much, but it looked neat. He was thrilled and I know how a little figurine for the van's dash board. The rest of the day went smoothly and I got all the phones in the area serviced and the credits collected. I wish more days could be like this."

Event 3
Day 2 of 8
Success: 3/11
Failures 0/3
1 joker available

Second Draw for Day #2

Card: 7 Spades

"The Operator finds an odd item on the ship and wonders if it has any value."

Event 3
Day 2 of 8
Success: 3/11
Failures 0/3
1 joker available

"Van! Sorry excuse for a toaster... anywhooo, I stopped off to check me parts bin and make sure I was fully stocked. I ran across an old obsolete unit. I doubt I'll find a backwater planet primitive enough to ever need it and if I did, then I might as well put in an upgrade order on the equipment. Still, there are a lot of collectors out there. Quite a few blokes collect old electrical equipment. After scanning space eBay, it looked like there might be potential to get a few bucks. Inventory shows the part is obsolete which means ITC will consider it scrap and won't miss it. There is a bizarre going on a few sectors over on a small moon. It's a sort of swap meet for old electrical equipment. I'll see what I can get for it. Wish me luck, loves!"

Using social: 2d4

Note: Roll 1

Note: Roll 2

"Oh buggar! That didn't go so well! Fortunately, I can force a partial success with that joker I've been holding. After getting low-balled at several booths, I finally convinced this bloke to give me something decent for it. He's an old space phone phreaker. and once he realized who I was, he got me to sign it for him. The piece itself is junk, but it has value to him now that yours truly autographed it. I also filmed a short segment for his space podcast about the intergalactic telephone network. While I didn't get what I had hoped, I had nothing in the part to begin with, so I guess it's a win after all."

Event 3/5
Day 2 of 8
Success: 4/11
Failures 0/3

End Day 2 of run 3. Next post begins day 3 of 8.

Begin day 3 of 8 on Event (delivery) 3

Card: Ace of Spades

Event 3/5
Day 3 of 8
Success: 4/11
Failures 0/3

"Error! Error! The Operator has miscalculated the amount of rations needed. She must make an emergency landing. An inhabitant has offered a trade in exchange for her services. If a success is made, pick up another job (start event/delivery 4 simultaneously with event 3).

"Bloody, hell! I ate all me snacks and I just checked the ship's rations. Just great! I forgot to restock them and there isn't a space McDonald's or space gas petrol station or anything in this sector. What god forsaken part of the galaxy am I in? I need to get some food before I get to work! So, I stopped to ask about where I can grab a bite and this little 3-eyed fellow has offered to help me in exchange for a favor...."

Social- 2
rolled 1d4 and got a natural 2.

Note: Social roll 1

Note: Social roll 2

Event 3/5
Day 2 of 8
Success: 5/11
Failures 0/3

End Day 2 of run 3. Next post begins day 3 of 8.

"So, on a positive, the bloke was able to 'elp me out with me rations situation. The bad news is, I got roped into a lil' side gig doing a series of promos. Me n' me big mouth! I made the mistake of tellin' him who I was and now I'm going to record a series of radio spots as the Intergalactic Time Lady!"

Note: This will begin Event 4 and run concurrently with event 3. Yoonit will draw a new card for for event 3 and set a new timer and first action for event 4 for the promos.

Event 3/5
Day 2 of 8
Success: 5/11
Failures 0/3

Begin Day 3 of 8

Card: Jack of Spades

"Error! Error! Space Google Maps and Space Mapsco do not have a detailed map of the system we are entering. If The Operator is successful, she needs to draw another event."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Delivered! (Private/Solo)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus