Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » a Long-form Veteran Enters the Arena

Hello!

As someone who roleplayed on proboards and AOL messenger back in the day, I'm fairly excited to have found this venue to seek new partners! I have been writing and roleplaying since... forever, honestly. More literally, I suppose, would be to say that I started when I was 9. I am now 31.

With that established, I would like to note that I would prefer to write with others who are ~20+. I don't intend to write anything too ridiculously out of the realm of appropriate, but I feel it is important to set that boundary. Even a decade between us is daunting!

Beyond the issue of age, I am an avid fan of fiction of all sorts. Sci-fi, mundane magic, high fantasy -- I love it all. Depending on interest, etc, I have a couple of concepts that could be used almost like a TTRPG as far as settings and jumping-off points... For now, maybe we could discuss shared fandoms? My major interests at the moment are: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, FFXIV: A Realm Reborn, Star Trek.

I have a sizeable amount of experience writing original characters, canon characters, etc. I prefer to write in the third person, past tense. I can also be quite wordy, most especially in establishing scenes. I don't expect anyone to match my style perfectly, but I would like to find folks who are up to matching my energy, at the least.

As for the specifics of what we will write, I strong prefer to plot out our ideas. They don't have to be bullet-point for bullet-point. Let's figure out what we want to achieve in the over-arcing plot, and figure out milestones from there! Character development is one of my favorite aspects of writing, along with world-building, macro to micro. How does 'a' affect 'b'? What if we explored 'x', and how that might change 'y'?

Ahhh. I could go on forever, so I will cut myself off here.

I am so excited to meet each of you!

Thank you!
Hello, welcome to RPR
Welcome to our writing community! 📝✨ We're thrilled to have you join us!
Welcome, fellow veteran RPer! I started back in the days of the Neopets forums so it's nice to find others who have been role-playing for over 2 decades. :)
<3 Welcome to RPR! <3
I hope you'll enjoy it here and have a lot of fun!
If you ever need help or is unsure about something, feel free to ask someone or use the Help forum!
♡
Hiya! Nice to meet ya and welcome to RPR! :D
Hey! Welcome to RPR!

A veteran?! *Salutes*

Make sure to check out the Find RP board you can find at the top of the page and the three RP focused boards under the forums tab! There's a bar under the fantasy section that always has something fun going on!

Maybe even take a look at the groups tag under community if you like doing closed group rp! They aren't usually as active as the others I mentioned, but that just means you can help them become active!
Hello and welcome to RPR! You’ll love it here! :)

f97cc6c9b10b4e4a2ad74ff37431d952.gif
Welcome! Not often I see folks who have ever even heard of Proboards, but that's about where I really got my start, too! Been through a number of other places, too, but I've been focused here long enough that it's always a little surprising to see that use of "literate" in RP still getting carried around. ^^;

If you haven't spent much time exploring your Account Settings yet, you might find some helpful things in there, such as defaults for aspects of the kinds of RP you'd like to look for (like post length, dice inclusion, etc) and age-related restrictions for things like who can contact you. Openly communicating things is always good, of course!

Hope you have lots of fun here. :D
Welcome to RPR you will find many Rp's both 1-1 and groups advertised in the Forums, make sure to ask people if you find characters you are interested in as many players are often seeking RP with those characters or others.
Welcome to RPR!
Hello! Welcome to RP Repository! :)
Heya, welcome to RPR! ^w^

You are on: Forums » Introductions » a Long-form Veteran Enters the Arena

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus