Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Interstellar Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Interstellar Symbol in Epic Week 2024. Please stay on topic. Remember, these riddles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. Research is not cheating; it is expected!

Click here to visit the location of the Interstellar Symbol
Maybe something to do with the NASA D&D campaign?
My gut reaction is to say "Wormhole" might be the answer. Especially given that the name of the symbol is given as "Interstellar", possibly a reference to the movie in which a wormhole is used to traverse great distances in space.
Watch it be something Doctor Who.

Star Trek seems more likely, though.
Prescience wrote:
Maybe something to do with the NASA D&D campaign?

...you know, probably. XD I know that Kim was wildly excited about that!
Pengolodh wrote:
My gut reaction is to say "Wormhole" might be the answer. Especially given that the name of the symbol is given as "Interstellar", possibly a reference to the movie in which a wormhole is used to traverse great distances in space.
Ooh, good idea. I watched it last year, I'll keep an eye on this thread πŸ‘€
Jupiter Rising? Maybe? I feel like the NASA thing is more relevant.
That symbol looks a LOT like the NASA symbol. I'm pretty confident this has to do with NASA's D&D adventure.
I would say it still could be Interstellar, as it resembles a visualization of the slingshot technique they use in Interstellar (and a lot of space movies lol), but you're right 😌 I participate in citizen science projects and follow their Twitter, but I haven't seen NASA's game, so I don't think I can contribute much if that's the case ^_^
Dragonfire Moderator

There's the third clue!
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
Ooh, the 'bulk beings', or gravity? Murph started noticing stuff and other things are also shown later in Interstellar because of/using gravity.
I wonder if this has something to do with Polaris (the North Star also a Scifi/fantasy convention)
Dragonfire Moderator

If this is something to do with the NASA adventure, we might be looking at "Hubble Space Telescope", or "Hubble" "globular clusters". They're used to point the players towards a location!

Or "gravitational lens".
Dragonfire Moderator

Alright, last go-around I tried out those things in my other post, plus a couple of others from the NASA adventure - "wavelength", "gravitational lensing", "red light", and none of that was right.
I tried Gravity, Murph, the bulk beings, globular clusters, and Gravitational Lens, as well as Polaris.
Looking at the clues, could this relate to a pathfinder mission of some kind? A real world NASA mission. Think on ARTEMIS, the plan to go back to the moon which will help develop tech and procedures for future space exploration across space and time. Goddess of the hunt. Showing us the way?
Dragonfire Moderator

Did a little more looking at the tabletop adventure. In the appendices, there're two more things that are interesting: one is a Map of Aldastron, and the other is a reference image for when the characters are supposed to use the gravitational lens to determine the way to go next:
Quote:
Nicknamed the β€œMolten Ring,” GAL-CLUS-022058s is one of the largest and most complete Einstein rings in our universe.
Ooh, I was thinking maybe a Rover or something. Map sounds accurate πŸ‘€
Dragonfire Moderator

Tried those things, didn't get anywhere. The only other thing I can think of that might be relevant from the NASA adventure is "miniature gravitational lens"; didn't have the time to enter it before rollover. Otherwise, we may be having to figure out something else.

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Interstellar Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus