Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Some info gathered so far...

Anyone can share info here. Ideally, info shared here should ended up organized into the Lore Wiki (it can be edited by the community!). I may also try to update the Armory with the info as well, as I've done in the past, but I'm not likely going to be able to keep up the way I've tried to in the past!

I'll periodically dump info I've managed to grab here, if nothing else to keep things together. I tend to focus on regular combat-related things, but I encourage gathering info about other aspects of the event as well, such as captaining walruses. That can also go here, but I'll happily link to a separate thread if someone sets one up to help keep info more tidy!

Walrus Game Guide

Hoofdy-Dandy Doubutt Tips!

Info shared here may be organized and well-readable, or might be notes, or might even just be images.

Important note!
If you work on gathering info, it's possible that you may find ways to learn certain details before they should become available. (I am intentionally not specifying how or what sort, but you'll know.) If you do end up locating such info, please do as I have and avoid sharing spoilers until that info is meant to be available (and if you found it due to a bug, be sure to report that bug ASAP!). Thank you for helping to keep the event fun for everyone!

New Weapons

Flamethrower
See more
flamethrower-image.png
Pull the trigger and enjoy the pyrotechnics.
Damage type: All
Attack bonus: 10
Damage Dice: 4d8
Damage Bonus: 5
Crit Threshold: 20
Crit Multiplier: 3
This item can only be used in combat.
This item has 2 uses left.

Ember Daggers
See more
emberdaggers-image.png
A pair of light weapons that glows with their own internal heat. Good for when you want to strike fast, stay quick on your feet, and look stylish.
Damage type: Piercing
Attack bonus: 3
Damage Dice: 1d8
Damage Bonus: 3
Crit Threshold: 18
Crit Multiplier: 2
AC Bonus: 3
This item can only be used in combat.
This item has 30 uses left.

New Items

Anti-Freeze: Removes the frozen status effect when consumed.
See more
antifreeze-image.png
Crafting 1 "Anti-Freeze" requires:
Empty Bottle
Eggshell
Tusk
Frozen Petals

New Enemies

Painguins
See more
monster-painguin-green.png
A group of small, extremely aggressive and carnivorous birds. They have black and green feathers.
AC: 10
Attack bonus: 0
Damage: 1d6
Crit Range: 20
Requires approximately 2 appropriately armed players working together in a round.
Looking for more warriors to help you take down a monster? Check the Epic Week 2023 chat!
Monster HP: 25

Red-bellied Painguins
See more
monster-painguin-red.png
A group of small, extremely aggressive and carnivorous birds. They have black and red feathers.
AC: 11
Attack bonus: 1
Damage: 1d8
Requires approximately 3 appropriately armed players working together in a round.
Looking for more warriors to help you take down a monster? Check the Epic Week 2023 chat!
Monster HP: 75

Blue-bellied Painguins
See more
monster-painguin-blue.png
A group of small, extremely aggressive and carnivorous birds. They have black and blue feathers.
Attack bonus: 2
Damage: 1d10
Requires approximately 4 appropriately armed players working together in a round.
100 hp

Restless Chill Shadow
See more
monster-chillshadow-green.png
A collection of drifting shadows that form now into a snarling face, now into raking claws. It has a green aura.
Damage: 2d6
Crit Range: 19
Requires approximately 2 appropriately armed players working together in a round.
Monster HP: 75

Vampiric Chill Shadow
See more
monster-chillshadow-red.png
A collection of drifting shadows that form now into a snarling face, now into raking claws. It has a red aura.
AC: 12
Damage: 2d8
Requires approximately 4 appropriately armed players working together in a round.
Monster HP: 150

Tenebrous Chill Shadow
See more
monster-chillshadow-blue.png
A collection of drifting shadows that form now into a snarling face, now into raking claws. It has a blue aura.
AC: 13
Damage: 2d10
Crit Range: 18
Requires approximately 6 appropriately armed players working together in a round.
Monster HP: 225

Grasping Cold
See more
monster-graspingcold-green.png
The snow and ice erupts upward into sharp, clawed hands, that seek to drag an unwary adventurer down. The ice has a green tinge inside it.
Monster HP: 125

Violent Grasping Cold
See more
monster-graspingcold-red.png
The snow and ice erupts upward into sharp, clawed hands, that seek to drag an unwary adventurer down. The ice has a red tinge inside it.
Monster HP: 250

Extreme Grasping Cold
See more
monster-graspingcold-blue.png
The snow and ice erupts upward into sharp, clawed hands, that seek to drag an unwary adventurer down. It is deep blue.
AC: 13
Damage: 1d10
Requires approximately 6 appropriately armed players working together in a round.
Monster HP: 375
Grasping Cold
monster-graspingcold-green.png

Monster HP: 125

Violent Grasping Cold

monster-graspingcold-red.png

2:00pm
Cosmonautilus did 79 damage
2:00pm
Cosmonautilus did 15 damage
2:04pm
Juls did 7 damage
2:05pm
Violent Grasping Cold recovered 101 hitpoints
Monster HP: 250
Zelphyr Topic Starter

New status effect: frost bite. Don't yet know details.

Edit: frostbite/frozen - makes it harder to hit your enemy. Can be cured with antifreeze.
Zelphyr Topic Starter

Saw that there's a few new items for crafting, but don't really have info on them yet.

And Shinyrainbowlithogra shared a reminder to folks to break pots in the Doubutt game to collect more space scrap.
I don't know if it's been posted anywhere recently, but I remember a tip from other years as well, to fight big monsters first, not little ones, when it's close to the monster wave reset- then when the clock rolls over, we can get through them quickly, or, they're just taking up space to keep big monsters outta those spots, instead of having a lot of big ones to tackle, which would take a longer time... I think that was the logic.
Zelphyr Topic Starter

Yep, a limited number of monsters can pile up, and weak ones present at hourly rollover take up spots that could otherwise spawn a stronger one. :)
Zelphyr Topic Starter

I imagine more enemies and items will have turned up by the time I'm willing to be awake again, and I know I haven't managed to do anything with the info collected so far... but I'm gonna stir up to encourage more info sharing and hopefully help anyone who might feel inspired to go update the wiki or anything!
Hey Zelphyr can you add what weapons are good against what color?
Zelphyr Topic Starter

Katia wrote:
Hey Zelphyr can you add what weapons are good against what color?

This thread isn't meant to be a proper reference, just note-gathering. The official place to find (and add to!) info about all of this is now the Lore Wiki (Help > Lore Wiki in the menu). I also still have info from past years in The Epic Armory, though I intend to trim that way down if not remove it entirely as the info is moved more solid into the wiki.

I've been having more and more trouble keeping up with things, but the Lore Wiki makes it easier for everyone to help maintain the info. :)
Oh My apologies then, but thank you for the clarification.
Zelphyr Topic Starter

Shadows inflict blight (and frozen?), grasping cold inflicts frozen.
Dragonfire Moderator

Painguins inflict bleed, the little jerks.
Zelphyr Topic Starter

Makes sense with their name. XD
Dragonfire Moderator

We've got a new class of enemies that are frozen undead mammoths - only have seen the red variant so far and I forgot to take notes, but they're the ones with 400 HP - and now a yeti miniboss has appeared.

See more
Cursed Yeti
AC: 15
Attack bonus: 5
Damage: 5d8
Crit Range: 17
Started with 18000 HP

monster-cursedyeti.png
monster-mammoth-red.png

A woolly mammoth, still encrusted with spikes of glacial ice. It appears to be undead. Its flesh has a red tinge.
3m 55s
until the next round begins

Damage: 2d10

Requires approximately 8 appropriately armed players working together in a round.

Monster HP: 400
Zelphyr Topic Starter

Did anyone get the Cursed Yeti's initial HP? Sometimes, boss stats also change as it enters different combat stages, so watch for that!

Cursed Yeti
See more
monster-cursedyeti.pngmonster-cursedyeti-minorinjuries.pngmonster-cursedyeti-majorinjuries.png
A towering ape-like creature with thick white fur and menacing blue spikes and tusks.

AC: 15
Attack bonus: 5
Damage: 5d8
Crit Range: 17
Boss monsters require perseverance!
Monster HP: 13808 (already injured)
Dragonfire Moderator

Zelphyr wrote:
Did anyone get the Cursed Yeti's initial HP? Sometimes, boss stats also change as it enters different combat stages, so watch for that!
Yup, started with 18000.
Zelphyr Topic Starter

Yeti can inflict bleed.
Dragonfire Moderator

Yeti's taken a bit of a beating:

See more
monster-cursedyeti-minorinjuries.png

No change to its stats.

And further hurt!:

See more
monster-cursedyeti-majorinjuries.png

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Some info gathered so far...

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus