Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Kicking & Screaming

Okay, so not really like THAT...

Pretty sure I've poked around here or at least heard of this place before, but didn't sign up or anything. At least until a drought of RP action and a certain someone demanding directing me here happened. Feel free to blame herthem if things go off the rails.

I've done forum roleplays off and on for about six or seven years now on quite a few sites, all at LEAST semi-literate, mostly literate (because I've developed some ticks whenever I see the English language being forcibly slaughtered), with only a few successful completions. Partially because some of the places have shut down/died off, partially because I sometimes have a history of having (what I think are) great ideas swallowed by sloth and apathy.

In short, sometimes I get lazy. Or really distracted. Often both!

In general, I'm pretty laid back and up-front. I don't really like yammering about people behind their backs. However, I can be a bit... erm... hyperactive at times. Basically, think of me as a little gremlin or imp. Either from the movie of the same name (no microwaves plz) or the ones used in the Zero Punctuation videos; a punching bag, unless/until someone really ticks me off ^^

And everything Novalyyn tells you is wrong.
oops >->;;
*tackles and holds Caustic up by the scruff of the neck for all to see*

For a site that seems to have a disproportionately large number of females who primarily play males (and who are quite skilled at it!), may I present to you... that guy I know who's awesome at playing females!

XD
Hi Caustic!

I'm so glad you decided to finally come join and check us out! There's plenty of friendly people here who are more than ready to start up an RP in these parts. :)

Feel free to look around; check out the RP Discussion and Looking for RP forums as well, where you can post to see who is interested in any ideas you may come up with. You might be surprised at what you find.

Lastly, if you have any questions, feel free to ask around. We'll be happy to help where we can. :D All that being said...

What sorts of genres have you roleplayed before?
*looks at sheet of paper* and now for something completely different. A man with a Tape recorder up hibrother's nose. Wait a minute that's not right.
*shifts through paper* oh here it is. Welcome to the site! :-) if you ever need someone to rp with there are plenty of friendly people to ask. Also feel free to rp with me as well.
Caustic Topic Starter

Ack!
Unhand me, infernal woman! c30e6dc3729b98f4f7c50d313797640c.gif

Anyhow, yeah... that .__.
I have a strange tendency to play only female characters, for reasons that elude even me (ie- I've heard every "excuse" in the book and none of them really fit at all). And people tell me I do fairly well. Then I try to play male characters and get completely lost. I dunno why it happens that way. It took a while, but I've just come to accept that that's just how things are going to be.

As for genres... I really want to run/run in a sustained sci-fi universe (that's NOT the standard Star Trek/Star Wars/etc. ones), but last time I tried that it sorta fell on its face. Other than that, Fantasy is the biggest area I've dabbled in; high & low, dark & modern-ish. Not really because I really want to, but that seems to be half of what anyone ever wants to do. XD

If I see another points/credits/whatever-based forum RP, though, I'm probably going to run to the hills. Had enough of those abominations for one lifetime.
:p
Kim Site Admin

What is a credits based forum RP? o.O

Also, welcome! :D Great to meet you, doesn't matter at all why you like playing female characters, just thrilled that you enjoy it! Any friend of Novalyyn is likely to be a grand friend of... all of us. ;)
He might be referring to games where you have to get some form of points/credits to use as money for dress-up stuff and items and whatnot, but that's a wild guess. I know a couple games he's played like that, but he's played a lot of things, some of which I haven't even heard of. ^^; He's just cool like that.
Caustic Topic Starter

Nono, Nova. Think like D&D, but experience is gained from threads/storylines completed instead of actions done/fights won. And you use your experience to buy EVERYTHING - powers, skills/training, items, clothes, everything.
And no one can ever agree upon how exactly the system should work ~.~

I've gotten stuck on a few sites that did this (the latter started by members of the former, then abandoned when everyone got pissy at each other), and never had a good ending experience with them. The only people that get stronger are those that post an insane amount of times, even when their threads are utterly uncreative and snore-inducingly horrible. At the very least, they force one to think more carefully about what they want in a character... unless you're a post-hoarding @#%(*&, in which case you just crank out more crap threads and rake in the credits/points/EXP/whatever and all's great for you!

ANd I'm not that kind of person because I like building stories, not competing with other asshats for whoever is the strongest!

*cough* sorry, got a bit ranty there...
Might take me a bit to get used to the freedom of freeform RPs again, even though I started out this way. Am not used to just being able to get (most) whatever I want, when I feel like changing it .__.
:( *hugs*

I was in a place that tried to do something along those lines. Luckily enough, I guess, they never really got moving.
Welcome to RPR! Novalyyn has not led you astray, everyone is really friendly here! A points/credits RP sounds exhausting and odd XD I don't think I could do it myself! I much prefer more laid back RPs where the story flows where it wants to.

I hope you're really enjoying the site so far! Another cool thing is that each of the forum threads here can be converted into a real time chat by just hitting the 'launch chat' button at the top! So if you and your RP partner are on at the same time you can be RPing pretty actively. I think it's a really neat feature! If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask! We're a real friendly bunch here :)
Welcome!! :D

Guys playing gals is pretty darn cool, you've gotta have a lot of talent to pull that off well :) I'm sure you have some epic characters!
Sci-fi is absolutely wonderful <3 I'm taking a course on it currently in college and I am just falling in love with it sooooo much! I'm sure if you propose something cool and unique you'll have people throwing themselves at you to join! That's something that the RP Finder can really help you with! Up on the area where it has buttons for 'home', 'dashboard', etc, there's a 'Find RP' button. That's where you can propose story/plot/setting ideas for people to look at and see if they want to RP with something like that! I'm sure it'd be really helpful in your quest for sci-fi. :)

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Kicking & Screaming

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus