Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Champion Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Champion Symbol in Epic Week 2024. Please stay on topic. Remember, these riddles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. Research is not cheating; it is expected!

Click here to visit the location of the Champion Symbol
Judging by the symbol and the first clue, I am definitely guessing something to deal with Pokemon or Digimon.
Id say pokemon, judging by symbol at least, Id guess its one of the flying type pokemon, maybe the ones that actually look like birds, maybe Pidgey or smth
The Birdy Ball's first clue is: Like (most) of its participants, this scene is constantly evolving.

A contest or arena, or area of a city/town/menu, like the Pokemon center or Pokemon Amie?

The Birdy Ball's second clue is: Consider the legend of this non-fair-weather friend: the ninth took it from being considered a long-time worst to having proven potential in first.

So probably a legendary Pokemon or something of the like? Perhaps related to thunder, rain, or calamity? Or just a very loyal Pokemon/thing that's always there for you. Or helps out in bad weather. Lol.
Ninth game? Ninth place? Ninth iteration? Ninth episode? 🤔

The Birdy Ball's third clue is: To pull the same upset off, your hero should have a particular sort of sidekick.

Maybe something one of the characters did, or a Pokemon-Pokemon interaction? Or bike related? Lol.

I've only played Gen 4 and Gen 5 extensively, and a very little of the other generations/Pokemon Go.
Played N64 Snap, too, but it's been a long time.
Edit: oops I forgot Ranger. I played Ranger: SOA too. XD
I've asked the biggest pokemon expert I know and he's stumped for now as well. Will let y'all know if he comes up with anything!
Apparently the area where Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres appear/reside changes throughout various games...
They're bird/element legendaries, as well. 👀 But they don't evolve, and I'm not sure what the 'Ninth' clue is about, unless maybe it means ninth place/top ten?
Or the ninth region/first region.... It says 'proven potential in first', so I'm not sure what it would be 'in' if not a region, or a team of some kind perhaps. I've only fought the Elite Four, and I don't remember the progression of the 'childhood friends'' battling. If it's something having to do with the arena or battle tower I can ask my bro, but if it is that, I can't tell 😂 this one seems nice and complicated.
My partner suggested the "ninth" to be "ninth generation", if perhaps a pokemon who earlier was rather poor got a boost in that gen? I'm not big on pokemon but that was their suggestion!
Ooh, true, I forgot there're up to nine generations now 😭😂
I don't know what the scene evolving clue is about 🤔 maybe it's type advantage based? And that's why you should have a particular sidekick? But that begs he question of what upset you want to pull off the same 😅
Omg pokemon related riddle?! WILL THIS FINALLY BE THE EPIC WEEK WHERE I ACTUALLY FIND A RIDDLE ANSWER...omg think THINK OZZIE! Hecc, I need to consult with my Australian bestie who loves pokemon too cuz they might know something that can help!
The ninth could refer to the ninth generation, aka Scarlet and Violet
Claine Moderator

I'm thinking this is a Pokemon who
1) has been around for many generations and was considered pretty bad
2) is commonly used in 9th gen in a weather team for doubles

Pelipper is one candidate (but I can see it was also used in gen 8 doubles)
Blastoise is another (despite his rep of being cool he's never been tourney material)
Consider the legend of this non-fair-weather friend: the ninth took it from being considered a long-time worst to having proven potential in first.

Could this be referring to a gen1 mon who got a buff in gen9?

Seems a lot of yall think it'd be a flying type...hmm...

Doing research on gen1 mon that got a buff in gen9 I see Dodrio got a noticeable buff...a few actually...
Attack is decreased to, HP and both defenses are increased to, base 80. Gains new signature ability Cerberdius in place of Run Away, where each move will strike three extra times, each one with one quarter of the power of the last. Multi-strike abilities are treated as separate attacks and, as such, can strike up to a maximum of 15 times.
Though it also seems to have gotten a nerf.
Idk...

Someone said maybe a legendary...Articuno got a lil buff too...
Hidden Ability No Guard in place of Snow Cloak. Learns Thunder through level-up.

Those are both gen1 mon with buffs in gen9...
Articuno is used in weather battles alot and its typically least fav in its trio due to its dual ice/flying type...though Dodrio gets a lot of cripe for being "useless" too...
Clue 3 is throwing me off a bit

"To pull the same upset off, your hero should have a particular sort of sidekick."

Could it be referring to something that happened in the pokemon anime? A certain moment with a specific "weak" mon turning into a total bada* to save the day? I don't watch the anime but holup ima do some more digging!
Hmm so none of the above
Like (most) of its participants, this scene is constantly evolving.

...what if its a location or specific event? Not a pokemon itself but maybe something said pokemon was doing : like battling in a certain competition?
Who is just firing off random guesses...? <.<
Stuff I've tried but didn't work:
- Rowlett
- Pidgeotto
- Corviknight
- Ash Ketchum
- Ash
- Pikachu
- Reshiram
- Zekrom
- Tornadus
- Thunderus
- Landerus
- Moltres
- Zapdos
- Articuno
- Noivern

So, don't try any of these? ^^;
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EP137
Something to do with this?

Fair weather.. Foul weather.. <_<
Claine Moderator

I've pounded in every gen 1 Pokemon of Fire / Grass / Water typing (because they benefit from weather setups)

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Champion Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus