Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Champion Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Ooh, that could be interesting. I was thinking Fairy type because people used to hate it and some got retconned later, but uhh... If we're going by the mascot, Bug type is a possibility too 😁 hehe. Also, forgot about double teams 🤔
Are there any pokemon that evolve by being near another Pokemon? I remember Machamp(?) Evolves by being traded, or something, but I don't know if there are any that are effected by Pokemon themselves.

Don't sweat much, guys, we have a few days left!
Unless the sweating helps. Lol
Reithesniper wrote:
Katia wrote:
I tried Articuno since it used to be one of the worst legendaries til gen 9 where it took 1st place in a tournament.
What was the tournaments name?

I tried the name of that particular tournament too and it was the Utrecht Special Event. The team also uses the new snow weather condition so it works for the not fair weather part and I even tried Aloan ninetales since that was the pokemon used to change the weather due to snow warning.

Oh and I also tried the name of the person who won the tournament; Nikhil Reddy.
Imma be honest. That reminds me of a golden snitch from Harry Potter.
The bird itself here kind of looks like a Natu!! It's an old Pokemon from quite a long time ago. I'm going off of the picture itself, but Pokemon is something I'm good at. I was thinking of some Gen 3 characters, but I know it's not a character. It's probably a Pokemon.
My friend suggested Slowking if nobody has tried it. "Used to suck but is now competitive and requires a Shellder to evolve which could be the sidekick."
WAIT!!!! It said something about a sidekick, in Gen 9, AKA Scarlet and Violet, 2 knew pokemon were introduced. Dondozo, and was could be consider a sidekick, Tatsugiri. Tatsugiri had the ability commander, so in double battles when an ally Dondozo was on the field, tatsugiri would hop inside its mouth, then acting from there. I believe it became a good online competative strategy because Tatsugiri was then immune to attacks like the moves Bounce, Fly, and Dig do.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Commander_(Ability)

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Tatsugiri_(Pok%C3%A9mon)#:~:text=Tatsugiri%20(Japanese%3A%20%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A3%E3%83%AA%E3%82%BF%E3%83%84%20Syaritatsu),Droopy%20Form%2C%20and%20Stretchy%20Form.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dondozo_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

It could also be talking about a pokemon that suddenly became really good in the competative meta during gen 9, shown by the second clue.
Doing some research on gen 9 meta pokemon, Porygon 2, the second evolution of a pokemon with three in its like, Porygon, Porygon-2, Porygon-Z, Apparently Porygon-2 became a good pokemon in competative battles, but i'm not sure how it was viewed back in gen 1.
Porygon 2 didn't exist in gen 1.
I'm back...did we try Slobro, castform, tatsugiri or dondozo yet? I see thry were mentioned but was mid-nap at the time so dunno if those were actually used as guess attempts or not.
Lookin' at the sidekick part of the clue..
Dugtrio
Weezing
Kangaskhan
Slowking (Galarian Form)
Girafarig
Plusle and Minun
Klink, Klang or Klinklang
Zweilous
Hydreigon
Keldeo (if going by that one movie anyway)
AZ and his Floette
Doublade
Binacle
Cosmog and Lillie
Nebby and Lillie
Cramorant and Pikachu
Falinks
Drakloak
Dragapult
Calyrex and Spectrier
Calyrex and Glastrier
Tandemaus
Maushold
Scovillain
Wugtrio

Also I tried Castform!
Or maybe something involving a rival trainer?
I mean, the rivals are always changing and trying to prove their potential
Your hero should have a particular sort of sidekick.. Your character always has a rival?
It could be a starter or Nemona
the name of a rival, and any flying(or half flying) types they use

The whole event thing, then talking about evolution, could be talking about Mega-Evolution
What comes to mind right away for me (may have already been tried) is how Murkrow ended up becoming dominant in doubles early in gen 9 by being the only available Prankster + Tailwind user.

Another option could be Palafin, since it's literally a superhero, its ability has it change forms, and that ability is called "Zero-to-Hero"

These are just Sleepy After-Work-Birdy guesses though.
Avitrathephoenix wrote:
What comes to mind right away for me (may have already been tried) is how Murkrow ended up becoming dominant in doubles early in gen 9 by being the only available Prankster + Tailwind user.

Another option could be Palafin, since it's literally a superhero, its ability has it change forms, and that ability is called "Zero-to-Hero"

These are just Sleepy After-Work-Birdy guesses though.

Oh! Have you tried to use those as a guess yet?
Oh! Have you tried to use those as a guess yet?[/quote]

Not yet, it's defended still so I haven't had the chance
Ah, ok. Idk if theres enough people online to clear the way but both seem like good guesses!
Maybe off track or silly, but I think we should also try Team Rocket. They used to be the bad guys/villains, but have had their own main character segments in Paldea. Maybe far fetched as I don't know when those were released, but Jesse and James always have ups and downs that could be counted as evolving, they've been in Paldea, they're always together through trouble... There are some things that make it less likely but I think it's worth a shot too when there's time
Gab

Maybe it could be a Paradox 'mon? I dunno if it was suggested (and dunno how well it does competitively) but Iron Bundle (Delibird's paradox form) is considered better than Delibird itself. However, Delibird isn't a gen 1 originally... and dunno how the sidekick clue would work... hmmm...
Gab

Oh, oh! Or just maybe something relating to the Eeveelutions? Hrmmmm... maybe not, but just kinda spitballing... there's 8 (9 if you count Eevee) and after the main trio of Eeveelutions, we had Espeon and Umbreon released as a pair in gen 2, then Leafeon and Glaceon in gen 3... then we had Sylveon in gen 7, which could relate to the scene constantly evolving... Eevee evolves through stones, affection, or (originally with LEafeon and Glaceon) finding a rock and leveling the Eevee up near it.
Claine Moderator

Gab wrote:
Maybe it could be a Paradox 'mon? I dunno if it was suggested (and dunno how well it does competitively) but Iron Bundle (Delibird's paradox form) is considered better than Delibird itself. However, Delibird isn't a gen 1 originally... and dunno how the sidekick clue would work... hmmm...

I think this is very promising. Iron Bundle is often paired with Pelliper who causes a rain affect.

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Champion Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus