Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A World Devoid (Closed)

aaaaaa (played by GeniusScribe) Topic Starter

Bump?
Nathan Azure (played by Rhythm)

(I forgot again, let me reply..)

Nathan's eyes stayed planted on the girl, and the boy. A few strands of his blue- almost turquoise, hair hanging in his face, but at this point, his hair was the least of his concerns. He found it slightly ridiculous that the boy was being all defensive about this. It didn't seem any of them had any weapons on them, but rather they did or not depended. Nathan was quiet, he didn't feel like making a smartass remark, or even to say something not smart. For now, he just focused on more important things.
Alex sighed at seeing how foolish this all looked. He raised an eyebrow at Wander. "Calm down, Wander. I think quite a few of us would be hostile in this situation." He said calmly, though he noticed how the guy had protected the woman without thinking that she could attack him, she did survive form a tree falling on her with mostly dirt on her skin instead of cuts or visible buries. That peaked Alex's interest in the girl and the boy. "May I ask for your names? If either of you can remember that."
Darik Sharpe (played anonymously)

Thorne walked down the basement steps, it was getting later in the evening. "Doctor?" Thorne said flipping a light on revealing a man, the doctor's appearance scared him a little bit. His lab was covered in blood, and a body lay on the table probably a failed experiment. "Doctor, I have a favor to ask you." Thorne placed a picture on the table, "There is a boy, my brother. Cause him no harm, or it will be your blood staining these walls." Thorne walked up the stairs taking another sip of his scotch, "I've heard stories about you Doctor, don't get on my bad side."
other characters (played by Apprenticedmage)

Lucy calmed easily, but volume wasn't so trusting. "Volume. The names volume." The young man turned and looked at his companion. "Do you remember your name at all? Anything about yourself?" He asked, taking the headphones off of his head abd placing them around his neck. The girl put her index finger to her mouth in thought. Did she remember anything? She had only just been able to walk again and was still trying to mentally figure out how she got stuck under the tree in the first place. "I don't remember. I'm having a hard time remembering anything right now, to be honest."
Arsenic couldn't help but smirk at the Hunter's demand, how naive of him to think that if they were to find this child that he would be left unharmed, if he was a mutant he would be harvested just like the rest, no questions asked. However, he found it best not to provoke his new coworker, but he needed to put things into prospective for him.
"You're brother huh, I see." He said as he grabbed the picture to take a closer look. "I've heard quite a lot about you as well, Mr. Thorne, I was wondering why someone of your esteem would come to this little waste land of ours,. Heh, guess I have my answer." He put the picture down and turned his chair to face the stairs, where Thorne was standing, about to take his leave. "Anyway, I'll try my best to keep the boy off the operating table. I look forward to working with you Mr. Thorne, together, I'm sure we can accomplish... great things." Arsenic turned back to his work, hearing the door shut behind him.

"I'm Wander," he said, still suspicious. "Now let me ask you something more important. Just what the hell do we do now? I can't see any plants or animal remains that aren't charred. Evin IF that stuff is eatable" Food was only a faint whisper in his mind. "There's gotta be something, anything at all that can mean our survival."

(Maybe now is when Nathan can use his fancy forseeeeeeeing.)

(XD sorry guys, I keep forgetting about this rp in the midst of all my others..)

Nathans eyes made there way back to there surroundings. Almost like a child looking around a carnival for a fun looking game to play, but he wasent amused or entertained like somebody would be at a carnival, and this situation was laughing matter. He knew they would all starve, it wouldn't surprise him if anything edible was burnt to a crisp. He made his way out of the help of the people he had recently met, and held his right ribs, being sure to take short breaths. He looked down, almost a sign of defeat to this battle of surival that had only just begun...that was, until as if a sign from Heaven, he saw something.

His vision went pure white in flash, and his eyes shifted to that of a faint, smokey, grey. Almost like a short slideshow with grey pictures, and white flashes. He saw hope..or at least something to hold to for hope. In his vision he saw a sign, a burned, and barely standing sign. The sign made him went to believe one if their nessecary things was in the East. Further east...

As he was seeing all this, ...he wasent making a sound...it was quite eerie. He blinked as his eyes faded back to hazel..food was in the east...that is, unless his mind was playing tricks on him, but what the hell did he just see? How did he do that??
"I'm Alex." He said, keeping a calm and slightly cheerful tone in his voice to try to keep things form going bad to worse, if possible at this point. He noticed that Nathan had manged to get out of his and Wander's help but he didn't think much of it, probably a stubborn guy. He looked at him for a couple moments and noticed his eyes change colors. "Nathan, are you okay?" He asked but didn't get a response. "Uh, Wander, I think we might be losing Nathan." He whispered to Wander, actually getting worried about Nathan here.

(Is it my turn or monkeycyborg's?)

other characters wrote:
(Is it my turn or monkeycyborg's?)

I may be wrong..but isnt it that RoyaleX persons turn, then you, then Monkeycyborg..?

Oh yeah, that's right. Just making sure everyone wasn't waiting on me.

Thorne struggled to get some sleep, in this part of the world there was no night, just low sun and high sun, that and the seasons were all jumbled by the nuclear war. In the "morning" Thorne would be going on his first hunt but for right now he just stared at the ceiling, that is until a tree started to grow in his room and another. He could hear the doctors voice laughing and looked up to see his brother Logan hanging in a sea of vines. A laughing voice shouted, "king of the mutants, kill him! kill him!"

Thorne jumped out of bed, "Stop!" He yelled, "he's no king he's my brother!" Shadow faces turned around, and laughed like only hyenas did. Vines caught Thorne's arms pulling him down bringing him to his knees, the room he had once been in was gone, only a swamp remained. The vines grew thorns and cut deep into his skin. Tears of gasoline flowed down his brothers face and the shadows lit the boy on fire, "Logan!" Thorne cried out, "Tell them your no king, tell them your my brother!"

The entire world around him froze. "No Thorne, you are the king," the voices said, "you are the worst mutant of all." This confused him, he had no powers he was no where near any of the blast sights when the radiation created this new species. Before Thorne could inquire the people vanished along with his brother and the doctor walked out of the swamp, "burn away." The doctor threw a match in Thorne's direction and the fire exploded into light!

The covers had fallen from Thorne's face exposing his eyes to the sun and he burst awake. "Just a dream, he said, sweat raining down his forehead, "just a dream."

Volume saw what happened with Nathan's eyes and seemed intrigued, but said nothing. The girls stomach began to growl. "I'm getting a bit hungry. This may sound like a dumb question but does anyone know where any food is?" She asked.
The doctor awoke to the sound of his alarm blaring, the sun was now higher in the sky which signaled for the day to begin. He turned off the alarm, got dressed and headed back down to his lab. He turned on the light and saw the blood that still littered the wall.
"I really should get that cleaned up, never know when the next subject will come in." He sat down at his computer and caught a glimpse at the same picture that Thorne had given him the night before. He grabbed it and took a better look at the child in the photo. He didn't know what Thorne was expecting, after all the picture was old, the boy had grown up and was probably unrecognizable by now. It was then however that a thought occurred to him. He shifted a few programs on his computer and opened a new one; it was not uncommon for people to ask the MRCD for information on the whereabouts of lost loved ones, and so on many of their computers was as special software that could determine what a child would look like once grown up, not unlike what the FBI would use back in the old days. He scanned the picture of the boy and ran the program, the picture transforming it into a more mature version.
"So, this is Logan." He said with a smirk, He then heard the lab doors open, his associates were arriving and thus he hid the picture behind a few other open programs "Best to keep this to myself for now." He thought, as he got up to greet his staff.

Seeing Nathan zone out, Wander looked in the same direction he was looking. Wander helped Nathan snap out of whatever that trance was and said to the whole group, "This may seem crazy, but I've got a wild feeling there's something interesting over there." He seemed to be staring directly at a fortified building, built low to the ground. It was made out of some hardy material that could have probably survived a disaster. What was funny about everything is that it seemed to be that it was originally underground. Whatever happened here, Wander thought, a couple feet of the ground had been burned out or swept away. "There's gotta be something in that shelter."

Nathan shook his head before looking up and around again. Getting set on his surroundings again. Wander may have believed he had helped Nathan snap out of his little trance, but really, nobody but he could. Meaning this is always the possibly he could get stuck like that- almost like somebody in a coma- but would be awake. A few strands of dark cyan -like colored bangs that matched the rest of his hair fell into his face as the wind attempted to blow but barely could, and gave in. Nathan looked up at what Wander was looking at." Call me a party-pooper, but, I don't think anything would be in that." He said. Besides, how would they get it open? If it was good enough to have survived this disaster then more then likely a bunch of teens and maybe adults couldnt open it more then likely.

The battle suits were big, they exposed the users shoulders and head but also allowed them to operate giant mechanical arms and legs to travel faster and hit harder. HBSA, Hunter Base San Antonio was a bit in the middle of no where with more collapsed highways then actual people, so only four battle suit were parked in the front yards. They were rusted and filled with desert dust, "Is this all we've got?" Thorne asked, dressed and walking out to them.

Three Hunters got in the armor and three more helped them set up the weapons, each suit had a net catapult and rubber bullets to capture, but not kill. A man came to help Thorne into his Battle suit, "Thank you." He said, entering the suit he was set with weapons and even low grade explosives only meant to injure not kill. "This is ridicules, have you guys seen any level three mutants? Their powers can destroy bases in one hit!."

Level one mutants had mind powers, psychic, time slowing, mind reading, foresight, and telekinesis. Level two was animistic powers like werewolves, shark men, and bug people. And worst of all was level three with elemental powers like fire control, plant powers and lightning manipulation. "If a man who could control earthquakes came here, they could level this base in one hit." Thorne sighed, beginning to walk south in his new rusty armor, the other three headed in different directions, "Rubber bullets won't save us if there are mutants like that out here."

The girl looked at the building everyone else seemed to become interested in all of a sudden. After whatever happened to where they were the front of the building had scorch marks dancing across it and large parts of the paint had shredded off, leaving patches of eggshell blue on random places on the wall. And despite the multiple dents in the wall and scorch marks all over the building, the door looked completely solid and stood at about dead center of the building with barely any paint missing. Even from just looking at it both the girl and volume could tell it was made of metal and wouldn't fall easily. Trying to get a better look, the girl got close to the door and put her left hand against the peeling blue paint. "It doesn't look like we're getting in here. Maybe there's a ke-" the girl was about to finish her sentence when the door exploded while her hand was still on it, glowing a light shade of purple before it did. When the dust began to clear, the girl looked at her hand worried and convinced it would be completely destroyed. Instead, it was still perfectly in tact without even a scratch. As she looked at her hand, a name came to her mind. "Lucy. My name is Lucy." She said quietly to herself. The door had been blown off of its hinges by the explosion, however, and lied on the ground in front of her.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A World Devoid (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus