Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A World Devoid (Closed)

Nathan Azure (played by Rhythm)

So the boy before them abandoned his name, like that of somebody throwing a cigarette dud on the ground. Leave it too be forever forgotten. So there was Wander, Alex, and him. That was the only living people he saw. He thought the bodies, and limbs, bones, and even internal parts lying about here and there, and this was just the outskirts of the city.

Nathan took a small breath, "and if....there's nobody else..?" He asked through breaths. It wasent the best, or possitive thought, but he had a point. Look around, almost every this looked dead.
Alex knew the kid had a point but it wasn't something pleasant to think about. "Then humanity is screwed." He said flatly then looked over at Wander. "Get ready to walk, we have to stay in sync or it might end up in dropping Nathan, which in his condition, will be fatal." He said, clearly not really concerned about the fact that the rest of the world might all be dead.
aaaaaa (played by GeniusScribe) Topic Starter

(Koshidono
wat r u doing
Koshi
y u no reply
helo

halp

plis)
(Maybe she got busy. Did you message them?)

(Plenty of times, no response.)
((Maybe we should continue without her?))
Darik Sharpe (played anonymously)

A small chopper landed outside the Hunter base and and a tall new face stepped out. His eyes scanned the base, rusty battle suits, under paid hunters, and the wonderful view of a ruined city in the distance. He could have chosen anywhere to be transferred, but he chose here. To return to the place he was raised before all this madness. And why? Why would this clean cut, newly appointed Head Hunter choose the rubble of San Antonio? Because there was still a fraction of a chance his brother Logan, was still here... Just wandering around in the waste of it all.

"How many men do we have?" Thorne inquired, a half year from thirty and he was the leader of this group of soldiers and killers years older then he. "Never mind I have eyes, and know how to use them too."

Around two dozen men stood before him, just staring at their new officer. "What are you ladies looking at? Back to your posts" His voice commanded authority, "We've got some damn mutants to harvest!"
other characters (played by Apprenticedmage)

(Can I join?)

(Says players needed, I'd say go for it.)

(Kay.)
Lucy woke up trapped under a tree in what used to be a park. When she looked around, she saw that others had been caught under fallen trees, but weren't lucky enough to have survived. Trying to get free, she began to struggle under the weight of the tree which was much more than her own weight. "Help! In trapped! Anybody?!" She screamed. A young man with orange hair appeared standing over her, wearing a pair of headphones that were plugged into a device in his pocket. "Need some help getting out?" He asked, looking down at her to signify that's who he was talking to. "Yes! Just in case you hadn't noticed yet, I'm stuck under a tree!" The young man grabbed the part of the tree above her stomach and lifted it. "I would get up now, I cant hold it for long at the moment." Lucy crawled from under the tree and stood up, dusting herself off. "Thanks. I'm lucy, who are you?" She asked, holding out her hand to him. The young man took her hand and shook it. "Volume." He said. "Strange name." She commented. "It's the only thing I remember. Do you know what happened?" He explained. Lucy looked around her at their surroundings. Even after doing that, she didn't quite remember what she was doing here or how she got stuck under a tree. Looking at volume it was obvious he had had it worse than she had. His left arm had blood covering most of it and his shorts were torn up around the bottom. "No, I don't know what happened. But I do know we should start moving before anything else falls on us." Lucy lead the way out of the park, unknowingly walking towards the area where the others were the others were.

Official reply lineup:
•Me
•Rhythm
•Kuro
•Royale
•Apprentice
I'm up next after this reply, then Rhythm and so continues the lineup.
(Apprenticedmage, I wouldn't recommend playing as 2 characters at once.)

(Going into third person now)
Upon thinking he heard people talking, Wander veered his head to view a wrecked park. He saw a girl trapped under a fallen tree and a funny looking boy helping her out from under it. Why would he have that thing on his head? He doubted any device would still work after all this wreckage. "Hey," He said over to Alex and Nathan. "Maybe we should check that out."
Nathan Azure (played by Rhythm)

Upon hearing Alex's comment about if they dropped him it could be fatal, it took him by surprise, which caused him to take a quiet, deeper breath than he could, and it caused one of his lungs to hurt, badly, he looked down, biting his bottom lip trying to surpass the pain. After a moment he managed to get over it, and looked up, scanning the area slightly. He looked at Wander, realizing he was looking towards a certain direction, so he looked that way as well. Seeing two people near a fallen, slightly burned, tree. He blinked, surprised they had survived such a thing. Then again, it was a surprise that any of them were still alive in this Hell. Even if he had no clue what happened, but the area kinda explained, just a little.
Alex looked over at the other two people not too far away form them, wondering as to how one of them manged to get stuck under a tree but he pushed it aside. He looked at Wander and nodded. "Yeah, after that we defiantly need to find some shelter and food or we all with starve." He said calmly.

Thorne read over the files, there had been many strange things seen of the mutants in the early comings of this. Fire breathing men, children who could read minds, woman who could change their face to look like anyone. He took a sip of scotch, looking in his suitcase to unpack the rest of his belongings, "I hope your out there little brother," he said looking at an old picture of himself with Logan in their early years, "and i hope if u did make it you're not damn mutant."

Thoughts of the Red Capital poisoned his mind, mutants attacking innocents just trying to farm outside city walls. Cutting them to pieces with sword like limbs or blasting holes in farmer's heads with their heat vision. Another sip of scotch calmed Thorne's mind. Tomorrow, bright and early, would be his first hunt as head hunter. It'd be nice to bag one or two good ones for harvesting.

(I kinda intended for mutants to be innocent outcasts, but it's no big deal.)

Volume and Lucy reached where the other people were, but volume stood in front and made sure that there was a good distance between them and the others, getting in a defensive stance of one foot forward in front of Lucy just in case these people tried to attack them. "Do any of you know what happened here?" He asked.

(As stated in his personality, Wander can be a real jerk to people he does not know :D)

"Take a wild guess, genius", Wander said sarcastically. "We were just crawling out of rubble as early as you were. And get off your guard. Do you really think we'll attack you when we've got injured?" Wander stood his ground, as these people can be a threat regardless of his precautions to the strangers.
Just below Thorne's quarters, in the basement laboratory of the Hunter's Base, there was but a single man, Dr. Arsenic, sitting in front of a single computer, watching a video. It showed a man strapped to a vertical table with some sort of device strapped to his head, as said device was activated the man screamed in pain as his hands lit on fire.

"With the tests successful, I feel I can safely conclude that my hypothesis was indeed correct; Mutants control they're powers not unlike one controls they're limbs, with electrical signals from the brain, and thus inducing a series of impulses in the subjects brain allows us to force a Mutant into activating their powers. To what purpose this new information could serve in our defense against hostile mutants has yet to be discerned, but it is another piece of the puzzle nonetheless." He was talking into a webcam, a light flashing on it implying that it was recording everything he was saying.

"I suppose you could call this little experiment an attempt at procrastination, as we have yet to make any leeway on "Purification", at best we have only managed to "harvest" an estimated 42% of the full helix imperfections that cause mutant powers, this is evident since the harvested mutants still retain their powers, at the very least, with limited intensity. Also all attempts to replicate mutant powers in other organisms by infusing them with the gene have been... disappointing, I believe it would require a fuller understanding of the genes properties before we can manipulate it in the manner we're striving for." Arsenic sighed, but a smirk soon found it's way onto his face.

"But, I have not lost hope, I have recently transferred to he Hunter's Base in San Antonio, this place was hit very hard by the Omega War, it practically emanates radioactivity, if there are any survivors here, they are certain to be mutants, and powerful one's at that. Hm hm, yes, if a "perfect gene" were to exist in this devoid world of ours, it would be here." His eyes shifted to the clock at the bottom corner of the screen, realizing just how late it was. "Well, I suppose I should turn in for the night, tomorrow I meet with the new Head Hunter that just transferred in. I hear he's quite the fighter... good, he's going to need to be." With that he stopped the recording, saved it in his files and shut off the computer, retreating to his bed room for the night.

Official reply lineup:
•Me
•Rhythm
•Kuro
•Royale
•Apprentice
•Monkeycyborg

(No longer accepting new members, we have a good amount now.)

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A World Devoid (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus