Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Autocorrect disaster RP (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Sanne Moderator

An idea for all the mobile users out there! I love to write things with Swype but make a lot of typos. My friend and I were joking about doing a roleplay where you are not allowed to backspace and correct any typos, including autocorrects. But I think it would be fun to do this for real!

It won't be a serious game and we do need to edit out bad words. You can pick a word from the suggestions but other than that: let the chaos ensue!

Anyone up for this? Any questions?
This sounds fun! Count me in.
I can do this as long as I can borrow my partner's iPad sometimes.
Yessss I want to do this c:
Certainly sounds interesting. But I hate typing on my phone. x.x (Which I am presently doing...)
I'm thinking this will probably need to be in a group... My phone is full of curse words and I don't think it would be very forum friendly lol.
Sounds hilarious! I end up in awkward situations thanks to Swype all the time. I think my favorite thus far has been when I was babysitting animals for my neighbor and my phone did
this.
10298672_787576151276776_2915421032404069514_n.jpg]

Yep. I'm in.
This sounds perfect.
Libertine wrote:
this.
10298672_787576151276776_2915421032404069514_n.jpg]

OMG. That's perfect.
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

Oh wow guys, I didn't think so many would be interested. XD

I'll create a group shortly and then we can hit it off. I'll mark it for sexuality/language/violence, but only to cover our bases in case our phones say naughty things. I don't expect us to actively RP naughty things though.

Also, any particular theme we'd like to go with? Again, it won't be a super duper serious RP. It's for shits and giggles, so I'm okay with basically any character from any setting myself. But if there's a common setting or a story you guys want to pursue, I'd like to hear it! Otherwise I'll fabricate something myself. :)
Murder mystery, anyone?
Libertine has the right idea.

"It was Mr. Green in the Dining Room with the Goose!"
Would the murderer's identity be kept secret? Someone could roleplay "the host" and choose someone over pm... then we'd all pick our character to use.
Oaky wrote:
"It was Mr. Green in the Dining Room with the Goose!"
My thoughts exactly ;) I love Clue, hehe.

I think we should correct names for the sake of limiting confusion when interacting, but other than that, I like the idea of utter chaos. We could end up seeing a "goat" that gives our OCs clues instead of a ghost! Plus it'll be easy to keep up with, since phone posts are typically short and- judging from the context- there'll be no need to go all out on elaborate details.

Quintessence wrote:
Would the murderer's identity be kept secret? Someone could roleplay "the host" and choose someone over pm... then we'd all pick our character to use.

I like this idea! Does anyone want to be the host? I don't have much experience with murder mysteries (I never even played the board games ;_; )

I could "host," if y'all would like. I'm pretty good at keeping track of a story, and a murder mystery shouldn't be too difficult. :P

Oaky wrote:
I could "host," if y'all would like. I'm pretty good at keeping track of a story, and a murder mystery shouldn't be too difficult. :P

I've no problem with that if the rest is okay with it!
Sanne wrote:
Oaky wrote:

I've no problem with that if the rest is okay with it!

I'm fine with it. :)
Sounds good to me!

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Autocorrect disaster RP (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus