Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Skyrim

Minerva

Minerva wrote:
Dude when Skyrim comes out my butt is going to grow roots and draw nutrients from the ground rather than taking time to eat. Or potty.

Discuss.";
... discuss Skyrim, or you turning into a Treant?

Anyway, uh, that's part of TES series, isn't it? I wouldn't know much 'bout it-- only game I've played is Morrowind, and that was for a few hours at my friend's house.

STILL if I'm right and it's what I think it is, it'd probably be nifty and awesome. I loved Morrowind, so...
Minerva Topic Starter

on phone... Anyway. TES has always been flexible but not like now. They use a radiant stories system, taking the idea of fable and going five times further. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. The game studies how you play and caters enemies to your style. The bosses, dragons, are entirely random. Wanna take your loot to town? Ohshiadragon. Even the game designers are finding new things about the system. At a demo when they used a spell his horse went berserk and started killing people. He commented he never saw that happen. You can never play the exact same file twice. A different experience every time. You don't have to pick a class. You are what you play. It grows by your style. It's your adventure.
Ilmarinen Moderator

I'm excited for it. Until Thor moved in I've never had access to anything later than a PS2 (well, other than a DS) and I never did much console gaming, so I haven't played any TES games before. It's unfortunate, because it's actually really hard for me to play new games--every time I try, I get frustrated about the controls and stuff. I feel so old. :P But everything about Skyrim just screaming AAHHH GODS YES! to me. Norse-y settings? CHECK! Dragons? CHECK! Massively open choices? CHECK!

... mainly the Vikings and dragons. X)
Oh dear god that sounds amazing.

If only I had an X-box! XD Oh woe. If my pal Daniel gets it, I'll have to pester him to let me make a file too like I did to his Morrowind!
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I've always had a hard time getting into TES games, not quite sure why but this one sounds like it has some very impressive programming behind it.
Sanne Moderator

Minerva wrote:
on phone... Anyway. TES has always been flexible but not like now. They use a radiant stories system, taking the idea of fable and going five times further. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. The game studies how you play and caters enemies to your style. The bosses, dragons, are entirely random. Wanna take your loot to town? Ohshiadragon. Even the game designers are finding new things about the system. At a demo when they used a spell his horse went berserk and started killing people. He commented he never saw that happen. You can never play the exact same file twice. A different experience every time. You don't have to pick a class. You are what you play. It grows by your style. It's your adventure.

I never bother with making an epic class or going by a certain set of skills. I just do whatever I want and if the game doesn't deliver, I throw some cheats at it to make it how I like it best.

Skyrim sounds like it will be a dream!!
Epic, thats all that needs to be said..........Epic.........and they better put werewolves back in x.x or least for a DLC if nothing else because I WANT WEREWOLVES BACK!
I'm still a bit stuck in the Morrowind era. I loved Morrowind to death and spent countless hours spread over many years playing it. Not surprisingly, I was one of the people who got disillusioned by Oblivion. Not trying to start a hackneyed III vs. IV debate here, btw. I loved Oblivion too for many reasons, just not as much as Morrowind. It's a bit like the first album you bought of your favourite band. People's firsts always hold a special place in people's hearts.

Anyway, my old-fashioned Morrowind views make me a bit careful about embracing Skyrim. I fear illogical changes in lore, among others, and even more loss of skills, weapons and options that were already diminished by Oblivion for the sake of a more enjoyable gameplay (which is understandable, of course). Mysticism will cease to exist, for example. I think I might be the only one who will miss it, though. Still, it was my favourite skill in Morrowind. Not in Oblivion, as its use was already diminished in that game.

I know I won't be able to upgrade my computer for Skyrim, at least not within the near future, so I'll probably be browsing the Imperial Library and UESPwiki for small, indirect scraps of game experience and lore updates, while everyone else is enjoying what sounds like an epic game. I've always been a PC gamer, but it's getting too expensive. Maybe Skyrim will finally convince me to capitulate to console gaming. I'll certainly wait a year or two until it becomes more affordable, though.
Minerva Topic Starter

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Kim Site Admin

Hey Skyrimmers:

I was just given a copy of this game for my birthday, but I had to turn it off after the first fight. Is there a mod that will reduce the absurd amount of blood that goes flying everywhere? I really want to play, but the gore is making me feel really sick. D:

All I can find on Google so far are mods to make even more blood.
Kim wrote:
Hey Skyrimmers:

I was just given a copy of this game for my birthday, but I had to turn it off after the first fight. Is there a mod that will reduce the absurd amount of blood that goes flying everywhere? I really want to play, but the gore is making me feel really sick. D:

All I can find on Google so far are mods to make even more blood.

I did a bit of googling, trying to look for 'no gore mods' or 'clean mods'. I came up with a few forum posts talkign about it and then this.

Not sure if it will work, but good luck!

edit, I also found this!
Sanne Moderator

silver_wolf98 wrote:
Epic, thats all that needs to be said..........Epic.........and they better put werewolves back in x.x or least for a DLC if nothing else because I WANT WEREWOLVES BACK!

There is a quest with a certain group/guild that will allow you to become a werewolf in the default game. :)

And I was going to suggest the same Skyrim mod Dylan suggested. (The last link in her post)
I bought Skyrim but found out that my graphic card won't be happy,
and probably die instantly by burnout-syndrome.

So I brought it back :(

But I pondered about getting myself "The Witcher 2" ;) Eth. you should try it, its a lovely game.
Skyrim is absolutely brilliant. When it came out, me and a bunch of friends just holed up at someone's appartement for days playing it XD

Thank god I have a beast of a laptop, can play it on highest quality. SO BEAUTIFUL. Altough, after a while, the random dragons are more of an annoyance than a threat. Especially when they keep popping up while you're trying to get a quest done <<

I got a dragon during a quest where you had to give up all your weapons and armor. The dragon popped up in the middle of the process, so I had to fight it naked and with only a bow. I SLEW THE CRAP OUT OF IT WITH THE FURY OF A NAKED NORD IN THE SNOW.
Bored, I was.
aysxm0.jpg
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I am nobody's slave :)
Luckily, Bones put so much of his time into developing his Destruction and Conjuration spells, his Illusion magic is weak and squishy like an infant. So nobody has ANYTHING to worry about, Darth :P
I cannot be made into a mind slave anyways less the boney one can conquer RPR first as I am already it's mind slave. Which means going through Kim. And she is unbeatindestructinvinciinvulnerable! Heh.
Kim Site Admin

This is what it sounds like when I play Skyrim:

"We shouldn't be overheard talking about this. It could cause a panic."
"More of a panic than me being a DINOSAUR??"

"You're pretty, I'll give you that. Just stay away from my husband."
"Oh, you mean because I am a DINOSAUR WHO WILL PROBABLY EAT YOU BOTH FOR SUSTENANCE?"

"Incredible. I've never seen anything like it."
"I KNOW! I should be extinct because I'm a DINOSAUR!"

"You are... dragonborn."
"Nope, dinosaur. Stay in school, dude."

*wolf howls"
"I'm a dinosaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuurrrrrr!"

Yeah, uhm. I was all ready to play this nordic tale of grit and war when I got the game, but upon finding out that raptors (under another name) are a playable race, it's all been sort of drowned out by the roar of how awesome the mesozoic epoch is.

If you think that I am kidding, or that I am only thinking these things instead of shouting them with great fervor at my monitor every time I have any Skyrim interaction at all, you are missing out on the hilarious truth. ;) You must also imagine that every time I say dinosaur, I circle my palm in front of my own face rapidly, so as to emphasize my obvious dinosaurness.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Skyrim

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus