Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Alexandria, Egypt

Philomela (played by Loki)

Philomela is rightfully confused at Luci's hand gestures, and her brow is furrowed. She has no idea what they're getting at, but she is surprised that Luci says that Apollo is scary. She'd always found him quite terrifying, even if he was her patron.

Ash is questioning Hermes, and her eyes dart back and forth between them, as if it were some sort of tennis match. It was pretty intense, to her at least.

That attention is turned on her, and she shrinks into her seat, away from him. She'll lick her dry lips, "That Lor--Lu--Lor--" Yeah, she's entirely confused on what to call him right now. She'd gesture across the table, "That he took one of my patrons sacred items. That if I could find him and have it restored, he would allow me admittance to the Temple at Delphi." She still seemed a little frightened, but she was telling the truth. This is what Apollo had told her.

"When I saw him the second time, he seemed pleased that I had found...Um..." She'd gesture again, "And told me to continue on my quest. He...didn't seem pleased with Eudora, but...she had just insulted him." She'd wring her hands, she just had a bad feeling that something was wrong here.
Namine (played by Loki)

Namine is thumped on the head, and she'd bleat and back up, before tipping her nose into the air. With that, she'd trot over to Hermes, her tail swishing. She'll take up nibbling on his cloak, in the same spot she had been earlier. hopefully this wouldn't get her thumped on the head again!
Draeval (played by Rubix)

Draeval takes to listening, filling the role of Populus actually. The silent lurking hanging about in the shadows. He was standing, well leaning actually and taking it in. He had the opportunity to learn about something as it was happening. Plus, this talk of Apollo was proving very interesting.
Luci (played by Minerva) Topic Starter

Luci felt fairly heavily under the spotlight, himself. "...La le lu le lo?" He tried to lift the mood with her stutter, but his grin fell flat quickly. Hey, he tried.
Ash (played by Minerva) Topic Starter

Ash drummed his fingers against the top of the booth seat, pondering. "...Hn. He has been acting odd, lately."

"...He's been acting odd since early Egyptian dynasties." Luci commented.
Ferous (played by Minerva) Topic Starter

As if suddenly evoked, an otherwise invisible figure voiced from over the backs of the seats, "You're one to talk."

"I've always acted odd. At least I never marri--" He went silent while thin air hit him hard enough for him to hiss in the better part of the air over the table and clutch his cranium.

[Delete]

Er wrong name >.<

Ash didn't seem as amused as he likely should have by the banter with the unmissable and the unseen ones. "...Hm. If Via says he does not have it, or at least does not know what he took, then we should believe him. I have feeling I should distance myself from this. You might find me along the river somewhere, if I'm needed." He stood, but... halted, as Philomela blocked him in. "May I?" Pass, that is.

Philomela looked alarmed, "But then that means you're...calling..." Apollo a liar. He probably knows. She's conflicted, and she belatedly realizes she's keeping Ash in his seat. She'll slip out with a bow, "I'm sorry..." She didn't know what she was apologizing for, but it seemed like she should. Once Ash slipped out of his seat, she would sit back where she had been, and she'd squint into the empty space behind Luci, "Lord Athena?" She just wanted to know if her guess was correct.

Her eyes drift to Luci then, and she just seems lost and confused. Who should she believe? The patron she'd dedicated her life to? Luci who she assumed was a liar and a thief? Lord Pan who had been nothing but kind to her?

Her eyes drift to that empty space behind Luci, "Lord Athena...I need guidance...will you...advise me?" She'd bow her head, she could be talking to thin air by now, who knew. It was always better to show respect though, at least in her book. And she could use a little wisdom right now.
Namine (played by Loki)

Namine would watch Ash wander off, and she's rub against Luci once, much like a cat, before she'd trot off after Ash, just following him down to where he said he would be. If he stopped or took a seat, she would lay next to him. She figured Philomela was in safe enough company for now, hopefully the goat wouldn't be needed.
Draeval (played by Rubix)

Was just standing quietly until...Fer slapped the heck out of Luci. And that's when the wolf went buggy eyed and he just blinked in the general direction of the emptiness that Fer might be inhabiting. He's SO wanting to laugh but he just bit the heck out of his lip and kept his silent position.

"I would not be so bold as to say that. Many gods have a habit of wording things so meticulously as to deceive without any mistruth." He clarified. "Via is one of them. However, I do know that he can not, in fact, give me direct falsehood. He would be stripped of the better part of his essences. If he looks me in the eye and tells me he does not know what he would have, that he has not taken anything, and that he does not believe he has it... then I believe him." With that, he turned and took his leave. At least he had a companion. Settling in close to an aqueduct, he kept a pipe and a bottle he had already hidden beneath the makeshift bench he had already picked out earlier. Namine got her share of love, but elsewise, expect him to be silent and stargazing, motionless.

"Why is it always so hard for people to believe me?!" Luci was frustrated. And he was losing his goat for now.

"...Because you make a perpetual habit of misleading people, you smile too much, you pocket anything you find suitable and you're a pain in the ass." Well, whatever greek equivalent was closest to the word 'ass'. Philomela's request drew momentary silence. The cloaked figure phased into visibility, leaning over from the other booth. "Any advice I give would be slanted."

"Like a woman scorne--" Thump'd. He hissed again. At least that time it was visible the way the elbow dug into the top of his head. "Stop doing that." He complained.

Ferous shrugged. "I have no right to say what I want to, even if I feel I should. I can say this: Go with what you believe; If you feel he has something, follow him until he returns it. If you feel he doesn't, find new direction. Be careful, however, as if you do not fulfill what is expected of you there may be recoil. Finding due excuse to stay near, whether you believe in it or not, may be in your best interest until you can think further upon it."

Philomela just looked sad. Misunderstanding Apollo was something she could believe entirely. She would have bowed to Ash again before he took his leave, and she would return her attention to Luci and Ferous.

"Because it doesn't make sense...if I understood nothing else, he was very clear in the fact that I should find you. Why...send me after you?" It's natural for her to be confused. At least her reply wasn't as harsh as Ferous'.

She'll just watch Ferous, "Thank you for your advice, it is most appreciated." Unfortunately her pack had wandered off with her pet, and all she had to offer in return was the small stolen amount of money that she'd gotten from Namine. She would place it carefully on the table in front of Ferous. "Please accept this offering and my gratitude." It wasn't much, but at least she made the effort.

"I think I will follow you still." Staying close seemed the best course of action, at least until she could come up with something better. Just what had she gotten herself into?

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Alexandria, Egypt

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus