Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Alexandria, Egypt

Draeval (played by Rubix)

Draeval returned to staring at the ground, neither of them made him feel better. "Yes, AD." He swallowed if they were unsure then he could very well have blown his only possible way home. And home was something he needed to get to.

He chuckled lightly at Mela's exclamation, "Yes, yes he is rather large in my time." He gave a smile though it was tainted with sadness. More than likely because he was missing home, but there was a hint of something else and he couldn't remain gazing at Ash.

He did look back when paradoxes were brought up and nodded, "Yes well, I'm fairly sure that I'm not helping in that department right now." But Ash is talking about Luci's dreams and he looks down again. But then there is Luci and he'll offer the rooster a smile.

Standing he looked back to Ash, "Thank you for your time Lord Pan. I...was too quick to judge. Perhaps one day you'll forgive my...quick judgement."

And so he'd walk along with Luci but wince at the hit the rooster took. "Ow...that look like that hurt." He bit his lip, "Do you need some aide getting out of here unscathed?"
Philomela (played by Loki)

Philomela doesn't quite get what's so funny, and she looks back and forth between the two of them, "Why is it funny?" She's frowning faintly, she really doesn't get it. Soon a rooster is there, and Draeval is leaving with it, so Philomela tries to call out, "Lord Hermes! I'd like to speak with you when you aren't busy!" Hopefully he heard her.

She's alone with Pan now, and she's not sure what to say. "Will you be taking your leave as well?" He had seemed almost eager to get away earlier, at least from her point of view.
Ash (played by Minerva) Topic Starter

For once, Ash didn't have the aptitude to be able to tell someone was avoiding a gaze with him. "...I imagine we should be fine by two-thousand-eleven A.D." As the most he could tell by his interrupted akashic skimmings was that it was a good ways away, even by his judgments. Still, his crooked grin hadn't left him--perhaps it was said in good humor.

"Nevermind why it is funny, lovely." He crooned as they came to be alone. And, as if catching his own inflection, his face fell deadpan again. "I should. The question is if I will. I'm finding myself all too comfortable with you, and it's not particularly in your best interest."
Luci (played by Minerva) Topic Starter

The bird was rapidly turning its head in that very avian way, cocking it at odd angles. "No... I just need to borrow this vessel if I'm going to see anything right now and its perception is different from mine. Guess I'm not that big a cock after all." Its feathers ruffled up before turning to peer from one eye towards Philomela's call. "Well, I'll be back soon;" there came pause and birdish tilt of the head. "...But not too soon, by the looks of it." with a cluckle, it strutted its way right out of the bustling noise of the stables and into the slightly quieter nighttime citystreets. "I was having the most delightful time where I was... so... ah, what is it?"

Draeval looked to Ash and frowned, "In time all things go well, cycle back to a neutral or good state. Everything must be reborn, at least in some beliefs anyway."

But Luci has stolen his attention. He chuckled softly, "Ah well I'm sure you'll adjust, and I'm sure you're bigger than you imagine." There was that playful lilt again. He was trying anyway.

He would head out with Luci and frowned softly, "Sorry to have pulled you away from something enjoyable." He cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck as he walked. "I uh, asked Lord Pan a question about time. I've been stuck in one that is not my own for sometime, and I'm feeling that I'm being tethered to one that is not my own more than where I've come from. I'm...at a loss of how to return. The few ideas I have...well they aren't more than strained theories and they are far more dangerous than being stuck. Lord Pan, thought that maybe you would have an idea or two about how to return me to my time."

Philomela flushed again, having some sort of idea of what he might be talking about. "Oh..." She didn't make a move to get off of him though, she'll stay put until he asks her to move. "I'm not sure what else we could do...other than to have me sing for you again. I should probably stay here for when Lord Hermes comes back. I was going to tell him about my thoughts on our situation."

Ash gave Draeval an off look, "...Very good, and true." But with that concise moment he was free to go. Philomela was left as the whole of his attention. At least she seemed to acknowledge his last statement for what it meant. "Well, without Draebal in our stall... perhaps you can move off of me. Take it as no complaint or affront. You'll just find it to be uncomfortable to sit on, soon." He warned. "From there... do as you wish. Sing, or ask whatever else you want of me. You always seem so dutiful in your questions, as if you fear bothering me. It would be no bother to simply talk. Tell me this, Philomela; where is it you come from, and why did you search to become the oracle?"

Luci's birdcrest fell at the idea of that. "Oh, I'm actually not very good at traveling at will; not between time, at least." The bird stopped and took two pecks at the ground before ruffling again and standing up. Stupid habit-transference.

"I should be able to look now more than any time, though. I could do little for Chiara when she was lost here--and I believe you were responsible for her being found. You should be more adept than I am. However... give me a destination, and perhaps a path to follow towards it. Such as... give me time-landmarks progressively closer to your period of time for me to investigate, as well as a final destination, and I may be able to at least find the metaphysical road in the right direction... for the next day or two. Then... just sit tight."

Draeval eyed Luci and nodded, "I..." He wanted to say he knew, but that wouldn't help his case and he was still trying to avoid too much information being passed along. "...didn't think it was an easy question." Good cover right? Sure Drae.

He bit his lip, "I could provide those, and the biggest of which would bring you to the proper time but I'm afraid it could change things. This stop here wasn't...pre-planned. It didn't seem to be remembered and so, I worry there is a chance it could alter things."

He sighed softly and looked down as they walked, "I'm not good with this, and the longer I stay here the more I can feel things slipping. I no longer have a full form when I phase into my timeline, my aura radiates through, and less and less of me shows up for shorter and shorter lengths of time."

Philomela flushed again, "Oh...right." She'd shift off his lap and make herself comfortable sitting across from him, with her legs pulled up to her chest and her arms wrapped around them. "You were just...you're very warm Lord."

She'll bite her lip at his statements, "But you're right. I don't wish to be a bother or a burden. Each moment you chose to spend with me is a gift. The same should be true for all the Gods. Though...I haven't been as respectful of Lord Hermes as I probably should have." Her eyes drift to the ground at that and she seems lost in thought for a moment, before she's questioned again.

"Oh...a very small town near the coast in Greece. It's really not even a town...more of a fishing village. It's where I spent most of my life, until the wise woman in our village suggested to my mother that I be apprenticed to Apollo's temple...given my gift. I...I think they were all a little bit afraid of me. Those that saw me use it anyway. Pretty much everyone else thought I was a joke." She's chewing on her lip, a nervous habit, "One of the priestess at the temple mentioned the oracle and...I just thought...it was a way to prove myself. To make people listen why I speak a prophesy. Nobody calls The Oracle a liar anyway, at least not to her face."

She'd finally look up at Ash, "Maybe not the purest of motives, but my Lord heard my prayers and answered them."

Ash shook his head at her words, but waited in silence through the completion of her story before saying anything. "There are those of us that do not find ourselves deserving the sort of reverence you give us. The very word god is something I tend to reject, but there are those unavoidable qualities that defines me, such as generalized immortality. I would more call myself Daimon to you than god." The word shouldn't be all too lost upon her considering the era; though later corrupted, it stood as something akin to and at times parallel with the gods--human-like undying spirits capable of emotion, and often givers of guidance. "The idea of gods brings too much glory for me. As you can see, I'm not particularly glorious." Though others might disagree.

Still, her story was at least as important. "And as for you--is that what you wish to do? Or is it a road you were set upon if only for lack of another? Though you do seem eager for it; take it as no challenge. I just want to hear it as 'yes' or 'no'."

"Something... cataclysmic, and dramatic to us, I'm sure. I doubt that would be much help, anyway. Personal apocalypse becomes us almost any time and any where we go." Luci half-read the truth, half-guessed, and dismissed it altogether. "I need to work from a plane in which every perceivable dream is printed, those things that are, and will be, and are not, and might not be in whatever place you go to. If I go to find a path for you, I need to know which is your reality and which isn't even a dream to you. In theory there is another time parallel to yours and entirely different. I need guides towards the right path. We're vaguely aware of the nexus I heard you speak of. It flows largely off of influence from this world, but that of others. I could theoretically bring you to the nexus of now. To bring you to the right place ahead... just give me the aforementioned directions." The bird was starting to fidget impatiently. "I can go. Like right now. I just need a trail to sniff."

Draeval smiled, "You never cease to amaze me." Which was a true statement, he very much felt that way at times. He rubbed the back of his neck again before looking into the distance.

Drae was biting his lip it was taking him a moment to decide, when he looked back to Luci he sighed. "Is there a possibility that no matter your dream weaving, sniffing, it's too far gone?" He swallowed, he worried. "I have a possible way back but no way of knowing if it could work." He just wanted to know if there was hope before he divulged the landmarks.

Philomela seemed a bit squeamish about referring to him as anything other than god. "That...doesn't...seem quite right...with all the teachings from the Temple..." She'd look at the ground again, "Besides there are those of you that...wouldn't take to kindly to not having the proper respect paid them..." Such as the one who's path she chose to follow.

As for her more personal goals, she'd sigh. "I...I don't know. Before, there wasn't anything else for me. And now...I...sort of like traveling, and being independant. And if I became the Oracle, I'd have to give up Namine, and any friends I made on the trip. Though...it was the boon that my Lord offered. It would offend him greatly if I turned it down. So I suppose my path is set." Not a yes or a no, but somewhere in between.

"I'd like to hear what temple ever infered myself to be among the pompous or demanding ones. I invoke more panic among gods than men. I heal and I love... and occasionally pillage, but my greatest form of contest has thus far been my music and my wine." He decidedly pointed out. "Though it is true, there are others that appreciate those attentions. But even you should know I am not one who runs in the heavens with them. Via spends more time there than I do. The closest I often get is atop a mountain, and I don't mean Olympus. I chose--and still choose--my time with men."

"...As for you, are you ready to give up Namine for that? She seems quite happy with you, and you make a good pair." He reached over and... generally felt out the goat by body heat and a moment of tracing before finding the general spot behind the ear. Scritch scritch. "It's worth thinking over. If you find a change in your path is due, I will do what I can to be at your side whenever some form of retribution comes."

Er, that was Ash XD

"I would hope not, I haven't known you that long. ANd I'm pretty amazing." Nice ego there. "...No, not really. Further away, but Akasha should house its memory somewhere. It was a dream at some point. Now stop dinking around and tell me where I'm supposed to go. I only have a few nights left where I can look here for you, unless you'd prefer to try your own method."

Draeval actually laughed, "Ah well I suppose you are." He was still chuckling though. Luci provided more than the occasional laugh. He is told to stop dinking around and chuckles again. "Well alright then."

He looked at Luci as he began to talk, giving a few points of interest along the timeline. Things that were important to lead him in the right direction, of course the war got the most detail. It had to anyway. It was the event closest to where he had been in time.

"Even if you can get me to right after the close of that event I can relive enough to get back. Or if you could point me in the direction I could probably get there myself. I have an escape plan just unsure if it would actually work."

Philomela was quiet a moment, "Why? If you'll forgive my asking. What fascinates you about men that you'd rather be with us than with those like yourself?" Her voice was quiet, and she still seemed hesitant about asking.

She'd start toying with her hair then, twisting it into a braid, "I...no. She's been my companion for almost the whole of my journey. Ever since I found her on the side of the road and nursed her back to health. Poor thing, some Shepherd had given up on her, I'm sure. She was so small. But look what a fine young goat she's grown into." There's a smile in her voice, he might be able to hear that at least.

As for being with her, "That is a very kind offer Lord Pan. Thank you. I wouldn't want you to become injured on my behalf, or to cause more strife between yourself and my Lord..."

Namine would bleat when she was spoken about so fondly, and then she'd lean into those pettings. Yes, she knew she was lucky.

Luci was left blinking confusedly at Draeval, head cocked aside again. "You... saw Ragnarok?" He seemed earnestly confused, though came up with the title all on his lonesome. The bird stepped forward, uncertain. "...So um, what happened? What did I do to cause it?" He seemed fairly sure of that one. He shook out his birdish head. "...Nevermind. If I find out, it'll just happen another way." He flitted a few times, before turning. "Give me some time. Sit tight somewhere nearby." And with that... the bird let out a confused cluck, looked around like it just woke up, and ran off clucking in another direction.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Alexandria, Egypt

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus