Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Alexandria, Egypt

Namine (played by Loki)

Namine would settle down and lean against Ash. "Nnaaah." She seemed to have her own opinion on what was going on, not much was missed by the goat. She heard and saw a great many things that most people wouldn't believe. Still, for now she'll take what affection she can get, and maybe start nibbling at his clothing again.
Draeval (played by Rubix)

Draeval bit his lip harder at the second hit from Fer to Luci. The advice was interesting, the conversation even more so. At some point he took a seat and started fiddling with his clothing as he remained in lurker mode.
Ferous (played by Minerva) Topic Starter

Ferous rebutted it. "I don't need it." It was put bluntly. "Keep it." And with that, Ferous disappeared into a blur, returning to the former post at the library... after a brief stop in at the river, but the goat probably wasn't even aware of the brief presence checking in on the elder-looking figure looming there. Then again, maybe she did. It was brief, and Ferous returned to the library.
Luci (played by Minerva) Topic Starter

"...Populus can be rude. Don't take it to heart." Via had taken to rubbing his gloved hands over his eyes, groaning. "That... I can't tell you. It's not fair to anyone. Especially me, as I am the most prone to smiting from any and all directions, much less what it might do to your psyche." He was brutally blunt as he let his hands drop to the table. He managed to cast a crooked smile again. "But I can stand you following me. I like Namine, and she seems to like father. We're all a bit happier this way... although it does concern me that he chose to leave the pub." He turned to stare out the window as if hoping to see him, but... they weren't near enough to the river. "Bars are his favorite city haunts..." He pondered aloud, blinking as he stared off dreamily. "...Hm. ...I should get going before sun-up, myself. I have... things to do."
Philomela (played by Loki)

Philomela looked at her left behind offering, and she was still afraid she might have offended Ferous. She'd slowly take back the money, "I just...Namine left with the pack...I didn't have anything better to offer..." She's probably talking to Luci by that point though.

"I don't understand..." Most of what just happened. It was probably better that way. "I like him too." Her cheeks color, and her eyes drift to the door, "I think I made him mad though..." Maybe mad wasn't quite the right word, but she seemed a little down anyway.

Luci has to leave, and Philomela nods, "Perhaps if I leave, he will return. I'll be in the barn. If you...happen across Namine, tell her not to stay out all night? It...worries me." Though the goat could probably take care of herself. She'd stand and give Luci a bow, and her attention would turn to Draeval, "Goodnight. I guess we aren't leaving the city after all. Maybe you will still get a chance to see the library." She'd give him a small smile, before retiring to the barn, unless stopped.
Draeval (played by Rubix)

Draeval looked up when he was spoken to by Mela and smiled, "Maibe, dat'd be nice actually." He's tenting his fingers though and looking out a window, he was starting to miss home a bit. But he didn't feel a shift coming on, once they were both off he slouched back in the seat and pulled out his cellphone. Using the trick of students everywhere to send off a text to Gabe. Thank god he'd sonic'd this thing, otherwise he'd have no one to tell exactly what he wanted to tell. Since he couldn't say too much around here.

"See? Everybody's happy!" He exclaimed, but... it fell flat, and left him pouting. "No. ...No, I don't think it was you. I think he's concerned. When he feels himself connected to a crisis, he distances himself--to think alone, and to ensure he doesn't bring along unnecessary trouble." He tried to console, but... it probably didn't work that well, seeing as how Philomela seemed to barely tolerate his presence.

"...I doubt he will. I'll tell him --and Namine-- where you are if I see them." He mumbled, rubbing the back of his head. He doubted it. He had more to do. With that, he slid out of his seat, collected his goods and stared after her, heading out the door moments later.

Already familiar with a sneaking path from a few weeks prior, he was returning to the library, finding an assortment of previously marked books--not only physically, but with a small glint upon a less than physical plane to catch his eyes like the magpie he was.

If it was all going to burn, a few clean runs were due to salvage what he could. But the player? Has to go. So if you guys continue to play, assume that some time during the night, the guard dogs go ballistic again. Might be back to play tomorrow. <3

Philomela may be stubborn, but she could see when he was at least attempting to be nice to her. "...Thank you." He was trying anyway, even if she didn't really understand the distancing. She'd already figured it was a more permanent thing. Luci agrees to take her message, "Thank you Lo--Luci." She'd give another small bow, and she'd offer the basket with bread and cheese she'd been carrying around with her. "Perhaps you can make more use of this than I. I find I am not very hungry anymore." Food for delivering a message! Even if he declines her offering, she's going to head into the barn anyway.

"Um... you're welcome?" He seemed confused, though cast another cavalier grin as she stuttered again. "At this point, I'll accept you calling me Lolu." He reached out and claimed the bread and cheese. "...Yeah, I could use a snack before heading to work." Whatever work was for him.

It was the second time he was breaking and entering into the library by cover of night. This time, he knew his sneaking path all the better.

Before departing, he brandished a new wardrobe; five foot ten of seamless black wrapped him almost like a lithe assassin, even banding over his lower face. Still, he could not resist letting his hair spill out like liquid blue, only vaguely swept and spiked back enough to not turn into a muddle of strands with the constricting gear. That, and streamers of crimson and mauve came like colorful flags around him from scarves--or at least, in base. The four trails glistened oddly in the dimming light, calming lunar silver beginning to ghost through the window from its stirring in a dusky sigh. Now that... doesn't seem very useful to sneak in. The boots still sported winglets matching the scarf's style of radiance, as did a pair sprout from the hair in absence of his large cap.

Few had expected anyone to be able to reach high windows meant to cast morning light into the grand library building, much less be able to worm through their slim allowances. The rooms themselves were massive, halled in many shelves, meant to segregate one giant topic of region of study from the next. The books glinted from the corner of his eye, claiming the favored texts in preparation. F the sake of seeming pocketing convenience, all turned into infinitely-detailed scrolls rolling up one over another before being tucked to the side.

It was the onset of dawn that brought the baying of the hounds who had scented out the offender from weeks prior. He took to the rooves as he had the time before, leaving confused dogs and guards catching a glimpse of him at best. This time, however, he opted to head further south, towards the borders of alexandria.
Ash (played by Minerva) Topic Starter

An old, somewhat drunk spectre couldn't help but chuckle dully as the sun crept over the horizon, and the dogs sent out their alarms down the streamway. He glanced up as he watched a shadow of a thief leap impossibly over the riverway, furrowing his brows. The best he heard was Melaislookingforyoutwo! Zip gone.

Philomela wasn't actually looking for anybody, she'd only wanted to make sure Namine came back to the inn at some point. She's just in the stall she'd taken up residence in, and she's laying curled up in some hay. She missed her goat, that was for sure. At least it was some sort of company. Draeval seemed to have disappeared for the time being, though sadly Mela had barely noticed. She had her thoughts rather occupied with other things.
Namine (played by Loki)

Namine bleated as Luci ran by with his message and she seemed a little worried that if Philomela was looking for them, she was in some kind of trouble. She'd tug on Pan's clothes, but if he didn't get up to follow, she ran back for the barn. She'd probably be pretty upset to know the message hadn't exactly been delivered correctly.

The elder figure squatted over the sleeping oracle, letting his raspy voice hopefully be enough to stir her even if the goat's bleating hadn't. "Philomela." He prodded. "You called? Namine seems quite worried."

Philomela hadn't stirred at the bleating of the goat, because most of the time she slept like the dead. It isn't until Ash speaks to her that she'd roll and then give a muffled shriek and sit up. Strange creepy man in the stall in the middle of the night? Totally creepy. She'd scramble to sit up while her eyes adjusted and she'd squint, "Lord Pan?" She seemed confused as to why he would be here, and she'd look back and forth between him and her goat that she could now spot in the dim light of the barn. "Is something the matter?" Her voice is fogged from sleep and she clears her throat. She really hadn't meant for Luci to summon them, she simply wanted her goat to return to the barn that night.
Namine (played by Loki)

Namine would bleat again once Philomela sat up, and she'd go over to her mistress, settling down beside her. "Naaah." She was confused herself, but glad that Philomela was okay.

"Apparently not." Escaped with a single burst of laughter, though it largely just rumbled in his throat. "Namine seemed concerned by the rushed message left by Via as he fled across rooftops. Something about you looking for the two of us. Myself, I imagined his delivery was more rushed due to his own peril of ravenous guard dogs than any of your own." He maintained his squat... fairly easily, in fact. The leathery shoes were intended to conform to the less than human foot beneath. In later years, they would reflect as oversized, only fulfilling age old jokes. Now, it just made the squat a natural position.

"...I imagine we misheard. Still, you should stay with her, Namine. It's no good for a woman to be alone in a place like this... and probably worse for her to spend the time with me." Serious as his expression was, it nearly cracked at lip's corner for a moment as he rose to stand.

Philomela wasn't really sure why he was laughing, though she's soon getting an explanation. Her cheeks color, "Oh...I...I just asked that he tell Namine to come back. It worries me when she's gone all night. I'm sorry if I've troubled you Lord Pan." Her eyes drift to her lap, and she picks off a bit of hay, not that it helps much because she's covered in it.

She'd look up when Ash went to leave, "You can stay for a bit. If you want to." She didn't really seem to mind, though she had probably not quite understood why he was leaving in the first place. She'd pull her legs up, and she'd wrap her arms around them, setting her chin on her knees. "You make it warmer in here."
Namine (played by Loki)

Namine would watch Pan before giving a "Naaaah." Of agreement. She would stay here with Philomela, even though she'd probably have more fun wandering the streets or going with Pan. She'd cuddle in next to Philomela, and she'd start chewing on some straw.

He countered. "Do I seem troubled?" At the invite, he glanced to their surroundings. "I don't think staying is the best idea. Being near you is likely to bring trouble to you, beyond the fact that you might discover the origin of the phrase 'a roll in the hay'." Poor girl had no idea what she was technically inviting. Despite his reputation, he often had some sense of chivalry; he just preferred to not test its limits.

He rose to stand. He did what he could to playfully rebut the invite, but his serious tone was often hard to parse. "You wouldn't want Lord Sun to feel jealous of you hanging with a fellow seer-lord, would you?"

Mela looked up at him, "Um...not really...no." In fact, she seemed far more troubled than he did. She honestly had no idea what he was talking about with the rolling in the hay, "I think...only Namine does that." And she didn't even know how true that was.

Ash seems insistent on leaving though, and she'd bow her head, "If you believe it's for the best Lord Pan." She didn't understand why her own patron would be jealous, and it had shown on her face. "I'll see you later?" She sounded more hopeful than anything, she enjoyed spending time with him, for whatever reason.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Alexandria, Egypt

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus