Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Oh..oh god...GLORIOUS

Hi, hey, salutations. Whatever!
Oh..oh God where am I?

Anyways, I'm new to this place and curious as ever. Poking my lil' button nose EVERYWHERE! In corners, in forums, even in your dirty laundry....ANYWAYS. I'm not really sure how to introduce myself and I'm not really sociable even online when it comes to strangers..meaning I may come off being a bit..oh what's the words I'm looking for? Oh..right; Truthful and sometimes paranoid. I'm just careful I guess.

I've already made my character Victus...and I'm seriously hoping for some fantastic roleplays out of this place. HOGODEVERYTHINGISSOPRETTYANDCOLORFUL Seriously, I'm already in love with the profile layouts for characters, although the community seems small. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong area? Dunno, I'm just here for roleplay.

Speaking of roleplaying...what can I say? I friggin love it! ♥

So yeah..that's me in a nutshell..anymore questions just ask..also

Newbie alert! Grab thy pitchforks n' torches!!
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Welcome to RPR!

The community is fairly sizeable, we're fast approaching 3,000 members, although not all of them are active on the forums.

There's nothing wrong with being careful online but you'll find people here very friendly. I can recommend the "Just Talkin'" thread as a place to meet new people.

Let us know if you have any questions :)
Kim Site Admin

Yes! Get the pitchforks and torches! We can use them to make s'mores!

Welcome to the RP repository, Omni! You surely seem enthusiastic enough to fit in well here. :) We have a community that is small for a social network but fairly large for a text-based RP site, I suppose. We host (at the moment I write this) 5479 character profiles, and have roughly 700 active users a month give or take 100. There's a healthy amount of RP going on here, and more happening all the time, so I suspect you will be able to find something fun to play. Especially if you keep being so outgoing and get to know some of the other players here.

It makes me so happy that you like the templates! You should go here and vote for your favorite template ideas, since I'm about to whip up another batch. :D
Omnichromiogasm Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
Yes! Get the pitchforks and torches! We can use them to make s'mores!

Welcome to the RP repository, Omni! You surely seem enthusiastic enough to fit in well here. :) We have a community that is small for a social network but fairly large for a text-based RP site, I suppose. We host (at the moment I write this) 5479 character profiles, and have just under 700 active users a month. There's a healthy amount of RP going on here, and more happening all the time, so I suspect you will be able to find something fun to play. Especially if you keep being so outgoing and get to know some of the other players here.

It makes me so happy that you like the templates! You should go here and vote for your favorite template ideas, since I'm about to whip up another batch. :D
I like where this is going! Can already see a template for aliens in the Sci-Fi tab. Can't wait to see it! And it's nice to hear that the place isn't too dead. Usually I end up signing up far too late to other roleplaying sites that have been either long forgotten, too complicated to comprehend, or have just simply died off and so few players even interact anymore. Quite sad actually. :(
Kim Site Admin

Omnichromiogasm wrote:
Usually I end up signing up far too late to other roleplaying sites that have been either long forgotten, too complicated to comprehend, or have just simply died off and so few players even interact anymore. Quite sad actually. :(

That is a tragic tale! I hope that never happens here. The community is very warm and caring, and I'd hate to see it go! Complicated would be more directly my fault, but I try pretty hard to make stuff usable. I hope that people would tell me they were confused so I could fix it before they left! :)

People are so friendly here. I'm really not used to that unless it's within the good company of close friends.
By The Nine I think I'm falling in love with this place ♥ lol!
Kim Site Admin

Is that an Elder Scrolls reference?

Kim wrote:
Is that an Elder Scrolls reference?
Yes. Been addicted to it for years. Pumped for Skyrim that's coming out.
Kim Site Admin

We have a whole bunch of Elder Scrolls fans here, and some that RP in that universe!

I admit to never having played, everything I know about it is from reading what people have had to say about it here. :(

Kim wrote:
We have a whole bunch of Elder Scrolls fans here, and some that RP in that universe!

I admit to never having played, everything I know about it is from reading what people have had to say about it here. :(

Oh man, if you're a big fan of fantasy related RPG's then TES series is the way to go. They have about 13+ games out since the late 80's already, but most, if not all the games themselves are literally a storyline. You're actually playing through a timeline that consists of this entire realm and lore between mortals and gods. That and the games are annoyingly addictive. Disregard the generic "go fetch" themes of the quests, that's a given with most RPG's, but there is literally so much...STUFF to do in the games that it's nigh impossible to finish.

That and the game itself is completely free for all. You can do whatever the heck ya want. Follow the storyline? Sure, go at it! Wanna join a guild? Hell yeah! Become a raving God worshiping zealot? YES!

Each game obviously has its faults, that too is a given since it's not perfect, but you can actually make up your own character, your own storyline, and just go at it to your leisure. Right now, I've been playing Morrowind off and on. I bought the game of the year edition when it came out in 03'. And here I am still playing it..and I haven't even done the main quest yet, let alone all the guild/house quests that still make up at least 1/3 of the game itself.
Kim Site Admin

That does sound totally amazing! I haven't had a lot of time for PC gaming lately, something I do occasionally regret. Your decision makes me want to find the time more than anything else I've heard so far.
OMG ROLEPLAY LOVER! :D
I am more than happy to help satisfy all your roleplaying needs! I am an RPP-addict myself, teehee :3
Welcome to RPR! Isn't it AWESOME?! :D We just had this epic new redesign and everything is indeed glorious! If you ever need help with anything though, let us know! :D

As for RP, take a look through my characters (you can see them on the right of my profile when you click my name), and PM me to let me know if you found one you want to start an RP with :) If nothing suits your tastes, PM me still! I have a habit of making characters just because :3 So I could make one to RP with you!
(You can send a PM by clicking the 'send message' button beneath my picture on my profile)
Miwahdu (played by Sanne)

Welcome!!! :D

It's good to see another TES lover in here. :3 I acquired a copy of Morrowind when I was in high school with my best friend and we played it almost constantly. Never did quite finish it. XD Then the past couple of years I've been addicted to Oblivion and modding the heck out of it. That's something I love about the game, you can customize it almost fully. :) Add new quests when you do finish the main one (I was a bit disappointed with how short it was :( ), new races, new... everything! Cities, horses, races, you name it. :D

Miwahdu wrote:
Welcome!!! :D

It's good to see another TES lover in here. :3 I acquired a copy of Morrowind when I was in high school with my best friend and we played it almost constantly. Never did quite finish it. XD Then the past couple of years I've been addicted to Oblivion and modding the heck out of it. That's something I love about the game, you can customize it almost fully. :) Add new quests when you do finish the main one (I was a bit disappointed with how short it was :( ), new races, new... everything! Cities, horses, races, you name it. :D

I actually wanna bring a TES related roleplay here that my friends and I worked on when we were on an old rp site together, and yes, Oblivion pretty much made strong cuts that made most, if not all, Morrowind fans real upset. They took a LOT out of Oblivion to focus more on the graphics and storyline than they did with anything else.

Dat Shivering Isles expansion pack was nothing but one giant eye orgasm as if you were high on shrooms.

I'm overloaded with excitement right now X_X;
You! I have seen your Victus character while browsing characters! *pose*

Anyway-- *hiccup*-- augh, welcome-- *hiccup*-- to the RP--*hiccup*-R! No I'm not smashed-- I just have a nasty case of th-- *hiccup!*

Yeah, you get it. Anyway, ahoy there, welcome to our lil' cozy hole in the wall, and please do enjoy your stay! :3 It's lovely to see a TES lover (admittedly I've only played Morrowind, but I LOVE IT) and RP fanatic! Lover! Enjoyer! So on and so forth! Oh hey look the hiccups are gone! *gives a cookie too*
Hi and welcome to RPR! I hope you'll have as good a time here as I have! :D

*joins the line of Elder Scrolls fans* Please do bring in that roleplay you mentioned! We always need MOAR TES roleplaying. :D
Welcome to the site! I'm really new here myself, but everyone has been very welcoming and super friendly! I already love it here :)
*/late* Welcome! :D I'm Mink, usually active but senior year's got me really busy, so not so active recently.. xD

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Oh..oh god...GLORIOUS

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus