Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » War Of Wings (To Join look at description)

Seraphina (played by FroggyGurl) Topic Starter

Looking at her paper and at the dorm numbers, Sera was a bit lost. She'd forgotten which hallway her dorm was. Seraphina glanced down at the map and wandered off to where she thought it was.

Finally, she arrived at Dorm #4B. Her name was engraved onto a name plate, which slid into a holder. Sera stuck the key in and twisted the knob, unlocking the room and closing it behind her as she entered.

It was a bit dull, being white and just plain white. She hung her satchel on a backpack hook and flopped onto the bed, testing the softness. After doing that she opened up her satchel and started placing things, making the room offically 'hers' with her objects.

A trinket box was the last thing she pulled out of her bag. Sera flipped it open and listened to the chiming melody, comforted by the thought of her parents. Sticking it up high on a shelf, she hoped no one would find it there, and glanced at her finished work.

Drawings and sketches were pinned on a billboard, and her own orange blankets were spread across the bed. The empty bookshelf was partially full, having her books and manga stacked on there. The desk had pencils and a drawing kit Sera had bought from her first time in this dimension.

Seraphina sighed in content and walked back to the lobby, leaving her satchel in the dorm.
Veata (played by caramelkitkat)

Veata looked around a lobby when her eyes rested on a table with a large banner above it saying " sign up forms "
She smiled and walked over to it, a boy already signing a sheet of paper in front of her. After he had lay the pen down, Veata picked it up quickly and wrote her name and her date of birth on the sheet.

Veata looked around the lobby and adjusted her backpack slightly when she spotted a firey red headed girl come out from one of the dorm hallways, there was something familiar about her... Veata pushed the thought away. She was in another dimension, so that was impossible.

She decided to introduce herself and hope that she might make a first friend.

" hi I'm Veata " she grinned " are you new here too? " she mentally scolded herself for asking the obvious and waited for a reply.
Griffin (played by ParadoxicalPhoen)

Griffin checked his watch as he slung his backpack over his shoulder. He had 10 minutes to get to Westerfield High. Which meant he had to run. And fast.
He took off in the direction of the school, his black sneakers slapping against the pavement. The brick building came into view at last, the sun glinting off its roof. Most of the students had already gone in. He wiped the sweat from his brow and took a little time to catch his breath. Then, he jogged over to the doors and slipped through.
A disgruntled-looking teacher looked up from her desk, which was stacked high with papers and files.
"Name, please?"
"Griffin."
"Full name."
"Griffin Gallell, junior year!" he said, a bit irritated. The teacher adjusted her pointed red glasses and wrote something down on a piece of paper.
"You'll be getting your schedule and dorm assignment soon. You have twenty minutes before your first class starts," she droned smoothly. Griffin nodded his thanks and looked around. Students were milling around, some wandering aimlessly, some pawing through books, some talking with each other in small, ragged groups. He ran a hand through his shaggy blond hair and sighed, opening up his backpack. "Might as well get some studying in," he said to himself. Picking up a heavy science textbook, he opened to a random page.

"This is crap! How am I supposed to learn all this in one year?!" he said angrily a few minutes later. He slammed the book shut, a little too loudly.
Camille glanced in the direction of the loud blonde boy. Great. A real childhood prodigy, that one. His unnecessary screaming made her sensitive ears ring and she immediately wished that she was still wearing her headphones.

"Try not being an idiot for five minutes," she murmured to no one in particular. "I hear that's helpful."

Half the time, her sarcastic retorts weren't meant to reach the target's ears but usually they did. She wasn't the best at whispering.

Seraphina looked up from the ground. "Hmm? Oh, yeah. I am. Name's Seraphina Evans." She walked toward Veata and shook hands with her.

Loud yelling came from across them. Sera raised an eyebrow, and glanced at Veata. She shrugged in response to Sera's look. "Well, I'm going to the library to check out a few books, be back later." Sera said after glancing at her watch, and headed off. She skidded to a stop and turned around. "You can come if you like, it's quieter in there."

Veata turned around to see what the source of noise was that had made Seraphina move away, actually, it was fairly obvious. A blonde haired boy stood angrily next to a table,a book in his hands. a loud crack was heard as he slammed it down onto the wooden surface.
" ooookkkayy then... " Veata said turning around slowly. She then said some random comment that came to her head.

" I don't think our death ray is working " a few heads turned her way and she smiled " I'm standing right in it and I'm not dead yet "
She then skipped away and then ran to catch up with Seraphina whom had turned a corner, Veata followed and entered the library which was the first door on the left.

A small gasp could be heard from the blue haired girls mouth as she looked around the room, there were so many books....
" YES !! " she shrieked
" shh! " the librarian said immediately
" oops yeah sorry hehe library..." Veata blushed a scarlet colour and moved over a bookshelf
Bookshelf and picked up " Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone
She looked around for Seraphina and saw her sitting in a circle shaped seated area, she took a seat facing her and opened to the first page of the book.

" what are you reading? " she asked her, unable to see the cover.

She glanced up from her book. "Oh, The Mortal Instruments. I'm rereading City of Lost Souls 'cuz I don't have City of Heavenly Fire. It's already out but it's just so expensive."

Sera closed the book and showed her the cover. "See? That's Jace and Clary." She hugged the book close. "Books are awesome! It's like you get lost in their world.." She trailed off and glanced at her watch. "Darn it! 10 minutes till class! You got your schedule? Ah! What am I doing? I have to go! Bye!" Seraphina hurried off, checking out the book and heading towards the dorms to grab her satchel.

She barged into her room and snagged her satchel,then burst out of it and locked the dorm. Sera dashed off, bumping into a few people while saying, "Sorry! Sorry! Eep!"
Gabriel Valentine (played by Bryaphite)

As Gabriel Valentine approached the dorm sign-ups, looking almost like a full-grown man, his elbow clipped the infuriated blonde boy, accidently knocking the blondie back a foot or two.

"Sorry about that," Gabriel calmly said to the blonde boy before continuing down the hall to the sign-ups. He made it to the tables just in time to hear the sarcastic words that girl about Gabriel's age had to say.

"Try not being an idiot for five minutes," the girl muttered beneath her breath, "I hear that's helpful."

Gabriel chuckled quietly and looked at her, then noticed something unique about her. ONe eye was bright blue, while the other was a rampaging red; she was the only other person he'd seen personally with mismatched eyes, his own being pale grey and vibrant gold. Unfortunately, she appeared to be with someone at the time, a boy that was almost as tall as Gabriel with inquistive violet eyes.

"Excuse me sir, I need your name and grade," Gabriel was pulled from his thoughts by the woman-behind-the-table's nasally voice.

"Gabriel Valentine, 11th year."

The woman gave Gabriel his dorm room and class schedule, then gabriel was on his way. In his dorm, there were two beds, but he appeared to have the room to himself for the time being. He tested the beds: One was annoyingly soft, but the one on the right side of the room was almost hard, just the way Gabriel liked it. Gabriel first made the bed, then put his clothes into the divided closet, before finally stretching out on his recently decorated bed, and waited for his roommate.

While he waited, Gabriel noticed there was something different about the air at this high school. Not a scent or taste, but breathing the air was almost invigorating to him.
Camille lazily raised her eyes to the clock in the lobby. Seven minutes to class and yet, here she was, admiring the decor.

"I'd better get settled in," she informed Adam. "Nice talking to you, I guess." She was not used to extending manners. Talk about turning over a new leaf, huh?

She finally decided that it was worthwhile to check her dorm assignment. She tossed her sprawled-out belongings into her shoulder bag, then strolled up to the front desk and scooped up the piece of paper with her name on it.

Wait, WHAT!?

"Of course I have a freaking roommate!" she hissed at the helpless paper. "How could it have been any different?"

She glared at the piece of paper as if it was the culprit for her misfortune. The paper read Room #4C. Not that the number mattered, since she was already in a horrific mood. Camille stomped off in the direction of the staircase with bags in tow, hoping that she would at least find some undead to talk to this year.

The teacher who had talked to Griffin when he first came in raised an eyebrow at him, putting a spindly finger against her lips. Griffin rolled his eyes and shoved the book back into his backpack.
"Gallell, Griffin!" she called. He slowly walked over, taking his time. "What now, Ms. Parsnoff? A detention? It's the first day, have some pity," he said. Ms. Parsnoff shoved a piece of paper and a set of identical keys at him. "Your dorm assignment and keys," she said crisply. Griffin spun around and walked off.

"Dorm #5C..." he muttered to himself as he strode down the halls. "Jeez, they couldn't make the school layout more complicated." A few minutes later, he found the door marked with a small plaque that had his name on it. Yes! I'm alone, he thought. He slid the key in and entered a plain white room containing a desk, a bed, and a closet. A few hooks and hangers were set on the walls around him. Griffin fished his car keys out of his pocket and unlocked his truck from the one window in the room. Checking the time on his watch, he rushed down a few sets of stairs and into the parking lot. He opened the door to his second-hand truck and pulled out two suitcases from the backseat, racing back into the building and into his dorm. Five minutes to his first class. Deciding to leave the suitcases in the dorm and unpack later, he locked the room behind him and flipped over the paper to look at his schedule. He shook his head in defeated disappointment and made his way down the hall to class.

Seraphina let out a puff of air as she slid into her seat. She'd got there just in time. Looks like the supernatural classes aren't starting today... she contemplated as she stared at the whiteboard. Sera tucked a curl behind her ear and started scribbling furiously into her notebook, writing down a few thoughts of hers and some sketches.

She glanced up at the clock and around the classroom, not seeing the teacher anywhere. She took it to herself to examine each of the students. It seemed like most of them were normal, average kids.

Suddenly, a swift breeze of air burst out of the AC beside her, blowing her hair all over the place. Sera grabbed her curls and brushed them back down with her fingers. She glanced at the person across from her, then continued to light a small spark in her hand, warming her back up. Seraphina made sure it was facing away from the students' faces.

It was Gabriel's first year at the school, so he figured he'd better not make a horrible impression on all of the teachers by blowing off the first day. He gathered up his things and headed to class, stopping by the dormitory assignments to request a one room dorm.

When he entered the classroom he breathed in deeply, and his eyes dilated; the invigorating air was much much stronger here, though this time it was accompanied by a scent that he could only describe as heat. He followed the faint scent to his seat, near an attractive girl whose hair was an almost shining red.

He reached out his hand and tapped her on the shoulder.

"I'm new here, may I ask your name?"

She immediately extinguished the flame by closing her hand shut quickly, and turned to look at the person seated next to her. "Erm...Seraphina M-Evans. Just Seraphina Evans." She bit her lip a little after slipping on her last name.

Sera pulled out her book to ease her nerves. She tapped lightly on the spine and gazed at the cover. "I'm new here too, just a junior." Sera tugged at the two front curls that framed her face, impatient to start class and get to lunch.

Finally the teacher arrived, and she used that as an excuse to stay quiet.
Camille slammed into the door leading into Room 4C, panting as she did so. She had run up the staircase at break-neck speed in order to get to class on time. Seeing that the second bed was not occupied yet, she dropped her belongings all over the floor in haste.

"Crap! I need my supplies!" she blurted out to herself.

She dug through the mountain of things she had created in order to find the school supplies she brought. She snatched up a random textbook and hoped against hope that that was the class she had to attend in a few minutes. Otherwise, she would have a serious problem.

With textbook and assorted pens in tow, Camille bolted out of her dorm room, forgetting to lock the door on her way out. Oh well. Hopefully her "best friend", or soon-to-be roommate, would close it for her. Urgh.

She arrived at the classroom designated on her schedule, noticing the teacher, Seraphina, and a grey-haired boy already inside. She made a mental note about how tall the boy was, then plopped down in the back of the room in a vacant seat. Hopefully, they hadn't seen her come in.

" NO NO NO IM GONNA BE LATE!! " Veata ran quickly to her class, and slammed open the door, there were a few cries of suprise and she looked around and then at the door number, then at the class again... And then down at her piece of paper with the classes for today on.
" ohmygoshsosorrywrongclassgottago!" She slammed the door shut again and began her running once again. This time She came to the right classroom and opened up the door, a paper ball flew at Her and She ducked, it sailing over her head. Veata then looked at the desk at the front of the classroom. the teacher was sat there, but bent over some text books and appeared to be marking them.

Veata looked around and saw Seraphina sitting on a desk in the middle, She went to go sit next to her and noticed she was talking to a boy on the seat beside her, Veata took the desk on the other side sighing as She did so.

All She could do was pray the teacher hadn't seen her come in!

He ran through the halls, bumping into some people on his way over. He was starting to get a bit lost. Room two-forty, room two-forty... he thought, over and over as if it would help him find the classroom. Griffin found a simple wooden door marked with 240 on it in golden letters, and opened it, charging inside. The teacher, thankfully, wasn't there yet. A few heads turned towards him, and Griffin found a seat for himself and sat down, pulling a thick binder and a textbook out of his backpack. He tipped the chair back at a comfortable angle, laced his hands behind his head, and stared at the ceiling. The teacher entered shortly after him, and he turned his head briefly before tipping himself forward again, the metal legs clattering on the floor. The teacher glared, Griffin shrugged and got out a pen.

Gabriel tried to listen to whatever the teacher was saying, but the air in the room had thoroughly captivated him. The invigorating aroma became decisively stronger, with a new fresh scent to accompany it. Looking around for the cause of the new scent, Gabriel noticed the new, blue haired girl, but he continued try to have a conversation with Seraphina.

"Well Seraphina, It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Gabriel," Gabriel eyed the book that the girl was nervously tapping on before continuing, "Is that one of those Mortal Instruments books I've heard about?"

Veata got out her textbook and silver ballpoint pen out if her jacket pocket and wrote the date for today on the first page, she then turned back to the main cover and wrote her name in swirly handwriting.

Veata took her backpack off for what? The fith time today? Something like that.
And pulled out her own sketchbook and pencil case. She began to draw a kitten, similar to the one she had-

A tear came to her eye. Midnight had died in the flood... No...
She lifted up her sleeve quickly and wiped it away. He hadn't meant to die.. Why...
She shook her head, dragging herself away from her thoughts.

She turned back to her drawing, but it began to look even more like...like...
*snap* she pushed the front cover over her new drawing and tucked it back into her bag again, keeping her pencils on the desk for she might need them further into the lesson.

Wait...she looked at the clock. No she wouldn't, it was Nearly dinner.
Veata put the pencil case in her bag and pulled it into her back and stared frantically at the clock, she needed some alone time.

*doodle doodle* *scribble scribble*

"Huh? Oh, yea. Just the penultimate one." *doodle* *scribble*

Sera stopped to glance at her finished work, another drawing of a pheonix. She slipped it into her book and looked at the clock, waiting for the last 5 minutes. It seemed to draw out like 5 hours...she was starving! Hopefully they had some brookies at the cafeteria.
Camille was bored five seconds into the lecture. Really? This mundane crap is what they taught on the first day?

She spent most of the lecture scanning the assortment of peers in front of her. The blue-haired girl seemed upset for some reason. The grey-haired boy was striking up conversation with Seraphina, while Seraphina doodled aimlessly in her book.

Yeesh. Talk about a boring crowd.

Camille stuck her pen in her mouth and began to chew on it. She became so entertained by the sound of her teeth against the pen that she continued with more ferocity. Eventually, the pen burst, emitting black ink into her mouth. She snickered to herself as she thought about how cool that must look on her teeth.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » War Of Wings (To Join look at description)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus