Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » War Of Wings (To Join look at description)

Nelis Orlitt (played by PANGAEA)

The interval between classes gave the wizard an opportunity to resume reading a book, leaning against the freshly clean white board that still smelt of dry erase. The Great Gatsby never ceased to amaze, kudos to F. Scott Fitzgerald and his.. unfortunate wife who contributed to the story. Though Mister Orlitt had read the book seven times before, he had the tendency to go through it thoroughly to get the raw understanding of the author. Surely there was more to the book than what many other teachers thought. Speaking of which.. The wizard was an English Major and was teaching it heavily in the school. He was highly recommended for Freshman before they had to move on to more extreme texts that they'd have to decipher on their own, however, in the past years there had been students who weren't so ordinary that came to realize that Mister Orlitt wasn't so ordinary as well.

It all began with his habit of wearing gloves. Never is he seen with them off, only when he eats lunch though he is never in the presence of other students at that time of day. Whatever the matter, eventually they came to find out therefore he could only admit to his abnormality. He was an illusionist though with talents beyond just that as well, but that was beyond the point. Presently, he works with his not-so-normal students, aiding them in using their abilities properly and also giving them a taste of what it's like to be an illusionist. No doubt it's a very clandestine class that doesn't take place during school hours. As of now that was the least of his worries. What caught his attention now was the new student entering through his door.

His auriferous eyes turned towards the advent, a grin gracing his lips. She was quite early. Despite the time lost to continue reading he didn't dare to complain. He closed the book between his fingers and pushed himself from the dryboard. Perhaps she thought she was late?

"Your schedule?" his baritone asked courteously, a white gloved hand open for the purple sheet of paper.
Jason Rune (played by MyWorld)

Jason walked throughhe huge double doors and imedeatly knew he was in trouble. Crap! Where am i ebem supposed to be going?! Sighing, he shoves his hand in his pocket, and uses the other to shove hos hair back and out of the way. Flexing his wings nervously, he walked down the hall, hoping to dind help on the way...
Seraphina (played by FroggyGurl) Topic Starter

"Oh, ermmm...lemme see.." She dug around in her satchel, pulling out her binder and the purple form, slightly crinkled at the edges from when she was wandering around in confusion.

"Here it is!" She placed it into his hand and settled herself in a seat, sliding out her drawing book first, but chose City of Lost Souls over it, worrying that the Mr. would scold her for doodling.

Seraphina flipped to a page and started reading, thinking to herself, Maybe I did come here early...eh...who cares. At least I have time to reread. She kept her ears open for anything he said, because then she'd have to close the book to answer, so Sera wouldn't seem impolite.

(Meaning she doesn't think she should reply while reading, thinking it'd be a bit impolite and rude)
Jason Rune (played by MyWorld)

Jason snaps his wings back into his body, and looks around. "What is this high school to the dead?!" He conrinues down the hall, exploring, peeking into rooms, and examining the school."Not such a bad place... You finally did something right for once. Hows that feel pops?" He sneers.
Griffin (played by ParadoxicalPhoen)

Griffin looked at his schedule again. Class would start in a few minutes. He nodded to the two classmates distractedly, motioning for them to sit.
"I'd stay and talk, but my next class starts up soon," he said. Something was odd about these two people; he could sense it. He wondered if they had some sort of magic as well. Tipping his head to one side, deep in thought, he heard someone scream. A girl. Actually, a lot of girls, running out of the restroom.
Their hair was on fire.
Griffin stared. Hair didn't usually just catch on fire like that. He looked away, his eyes seeking out a few pitchers of water in the cafeteria kitchen. He levitated them up and made them zoom towards the girls, drenching them in water. Some of the people in the cafeteria were gawking in Griffin's direction.
He realized what he had just done. Stupid, Griffin, just plain stupid, he thought.
"Um... I really th-think I should go n-now..." He stuttered and picked up his things, turning and sprinting away.
Veata (played by caramelkitkat)

Veata began to unpack her backpack out into the bed, she went into the cupboards and found two quilts, two sheets and two pillows.
She began to make her own bed, and when finished made her roommates bed also seeing as it had not been made already, she folded up the orange blanket and put it on the edge of the bed.

She then took out her uniform and hung it up before taking out some of her other clothes that she also wore a lot of the time.
A small whitish blue flower hair clip was placed in the bedside desk along with a trinket box filled with shells and small presents that she had been given; this she had managed to salvage from the flood.

She also had a knitting and crochet kit which she had bought from a shop on her first arrival.

Everything else stayed in her bag and Veata took out a couple more textbooks from the cupboard which she would need for her next lessons. History and maybe if the teacher was in, supernatural classes.

Veata looked around her bedroom, and looked at the door. Fat chance anyone was coming in...hopefully...

*flash*

two soft white blue wings appeared on Veatas back, she sighed and stretched them, they hadn't been used for a long time now and Veata wondered when she would be able to use them again. Maybe never...
Gabriel Valentine (played by Bryaphite)

Gabriel realized that he had wasted far too much time doing nothing in particiular, and he had almost no time left for lunch; Gabriel scarfed his food quickly.

"Camille, I apologize, I've got to head to my next class. I'll see you around," Gabriel's baritone resonated as he stood up and hurriedly walked away.

As he walked, he saw girls with burning hair and flying water. Naturally, having no prior experience with anything supernatural, Gabriel's defined jaw dropped.

"What the @%$#?" His voice didn't sound terrified, or frightened. Just calmly confused. Then the first bell for class rang, and Gabriel realised he didn't have time to ponder the abnormal occurrence that just occurred.

Gabriel ran just down the hall and into his next class just before the bell stopped ringing. He was greeted by the site of several now familiar faces.

The aura that seemed to perpetuate throughout the school was heavily concentrated within this room. Gabriel's eyes dilated, his heartbeat rapidly increased in speed, and he began twitching every few minutes. Gabriel even had to struggle to control his breathing.

Gabriel took a seat in the back of the class, where the aura was weakest, trying to get his body under control.
Griffin (played by ParadoxicalPhoen)

Griffin took off down the hall, leaving the cafeteria as quickly as possible. His next class was one of the few classes that interested him, and he was a bit sorry he was going to miss it. But he couldn't go to that class, he just couldn't-- there were too many people who had witnessed him use his powers there.
He stopped behind a corner to catch his breath, pulling his dorm keys from his pocket.
As he made his way towards his dorm, he noticed another boy coming from the other direction, peeking into rooms and saying something about a "high school for the dead." Griffin, a bit surprised, opened up his door, giving the boy a wave of greeting. He locked the door behind him and sat down on his bed, massaging his temples to calm himself down. Griffin then turned on his phone, which was charging on the bed, and checked the time. Good; the class would be starting soon. Hopefully no one would notice he was missing.
Camille made a half-wave gesture toward Gabriel as he disappeared out of the cafeteria. She could hardly believe what had just happened. A full conversation? With words and questions and answers and statements and speaking?

Half of her wanted to jump for joy over her ability to converse with Gabriel, but another part would never let her display her inner excitement. Her pride would be trampled as a result. So, instead, she smirked to herself as she finished eating lunch.

Once she was finished eating, Camille glanced at the time on her phone. Hmph. No class next, it seemed. She decided to return to her dorm room to await her next class. Her mind raced as she sat beside the still-empty second bed.

I wonder how old this school is, she mused mentally. The older it is, the better chance I have of having a chat with some ghosts.

The aftereffects of her latest undead endeavor flashed through her mind. She wasn't sure if she was ready to go through that again... but she wasn't sure she had a choice. Her curiosity was burning disturbingly bright.

Seraphina got up after the class was over and headed toward her dorm, bored as heck. She slung her satchel over her shoulder and unlocked it. Spotting the cliché she burnt earlier watching her, Sers smiled and waved mischievously before sliding into it.

She turned around and noticed Veata was sitting on the other bed. "Oh, um...hi...are you my roommate?"
Veata (played by caramelkitkat)

Veata sighed for the fith time today when suddenly the sound if a lock turning was heard. Veata nearly jumped out of her skin and hid her wings quickly before she was seen * flash *

A figure stepped inside, it was Seraphina....wait...Seraphina?
" oh...um...hi are you my roommate? " Seraphina said,

" yes...wait...this is your room too? " Veata grinned " awesome we're gonna be roomies! "
She squeed and hugged Seraphina much to her surprise, Veata then began jumping around the room,
" oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my GOOOOOSHHHH!! "
She probably looked so weird right now. Oh well. This is what comes from having too much sugar...damn sugar...it always had to make you hyper...

She suddenly stood stiffly and held out her arms and taking in a deep breath, lowering her arms.

She grinned sheepishly " sorry about that hehe... You know the effects of eating too many chocolate bars... Hehe...he...."

"Yup. But...brookies are better." Sera added with a mischievous wink, and flopped onto the bed. "BLEGH...they're about to send us to dorms...well, everyone else who isn't already." She curled up on her blanket, inhaling the smell of fresh linen. "Damn curfew. No midnight snacks this time." That made her scorch a piece of her shirt, and Seraphina quickly tucked it into her belt.

"Anyway, you can call me Sera or Phia." She smiled as she headed over to her desk, pulling a pencil out from behind her ear. Scribbling furiously, Seraphina began sketching out a drawing. She chewed on the tip of it for a while before coloring in some spots. She whisked the paper off her desk and tacked it onto the framed cork board.

il_340x270.419898389_3zac.jpg
Logan Wortham (played by lunan)

Logan watched as students began to file into one of his three classes: Combat. He was, essentially, a coach, just... well, a coach that taught you how to potentially kill someone. There were mainly goth and/or cocky people in this class, and about forty-eight of them.

The room they were coming into was shaped and felt a lot like a class room on the side that Logan was on. It had a huge whiteboard, floor to ceiling shelves stocked with books, and even a huge mahogany desk placed between the shelves and in front of the white board. It was really a gym, however, that had targets and simulation areas power by hired psychics. He was in a brown leather jacket with jeans, a plaid flannel shirt, shoes not included. He always thought they restricted full movement in fights.

When everyone had entered, Logan began to look at them. The comfortable chatter that had begun to float around like it usually did before the bell rang began to die down as he scanned them from head to toe, figuring out almost every flaw they would have in their small movements as they sat down on the gym floor in front of him. Soon enough the bell had rung, and everything was relatively quiet, even as new people came in.

Logan finally broke his gaze with all of the students, standing up from his position--leaning against the corner corner of his desk--and Introducing himself. "I'm Mr. DeVare," he said, smiling so that his currently green eyes crinkled slightly, "and I'll be teaching you combat."
Rani (played by DoctorWho_)

Rani runs through the town; every so often glancing at her watch. Her backpack is slipping down her arms, threatening to fall off. Late. She was going to be late. She sees trees, lots of them. When they depart, she sighs. The school! Finally!

Grabbing her bottle of coffee, she quickly drinks it. And finally she reaches the school's front doors, throwing them open, panting.

The collar of her shirt is drenched in sweat, her face burning.

"Rani... I'm Rani..." She says to the secratary. "Freshman year," Rani adds.

"M'kay. Your late, though."

"No duh. Sorry." Rani starts to look for her first class of high school. Dang. Being late, she now doesn't have time to go to her dorm. Maybe she'll run there between classes.
Comet (played anonymously)

circle1.jpg

Comet hopped out of the rune-created rift in space along with Siva, her white-and-blue hair swirling in the wind as it faded back into blonde. "Hmm..back to Earth this time?" She contemplated as she gazed through the forest they had appeared in. Wobbling on her feet, she started forward, heading towards the end of the forest. "It's already starting to get dark.."

Siva supported her by an arm, helping her walk. "Y'know, you should be dressed in the 'traditional garb' of this world, Met." Comet rolled her eyes, and dug around in her bag. "Look, I'll dress in this, okay? What about you?" Siva smirked, and she face-palmed. "I'm always dressed this way. You should know I like these clothes. Plus the hoodies here are cool."

Grumbling, Comet changed her clothes with a flash of light, simply using her magick to switch. She stuffed her cloak and dress from Faria in her bag, and trudged weakly off. "Hey! You shouldn't be exerting yourself after using a lot of magick!" Siva hurried towards her and allowed her to lean against him.

"Jeez, you're as stubborn as you were when you were five." He grumbled, leading her out of the forest and into a clearing. Siva put a hand over his eyes, shielding them from the slowly setting sun. "Cool, it's an academy. Of sorts." Comet rolled her eyes and smacked him. "It's a school. Hmm. Maybe we should sign up. We could learn all sorts of things about this place."

They headed into the front lobby, and went to the receptionist. "Em...hello. We'd like to sign up here at..Westerfield High?" Siva said, glancing at her. The lady at the desk handed them a stack of papers. "Sign these please." She informed them with a nasal voice. Comet and Siva plopped down in the waiting room, and started signing the papers to join the school.
Siva (played anonymously)

"Damn! That took forever! Let's go explore, Met." He exclaimed, and dropped the papers off quickly. The secretary handed them keys. Siva frowned, and glanced at Comet. "I guess we won't be able to share a dorm. Oh well." Siva grabbed Comet's hand and headed toward the winding hallways.

"D'ya think these schedules are real?" He asked her, examining the purple form. Comet shrugged and looked above them. "Oh, hey, here's the dorms. I think I'll stop at the lunchroom for some fish-sticks." Siva let go and waved at Comet. "See ya later."

He snuck into the kitchen and stole a few freshly cooked fish-sticks and jammed them into his mouth. Suddenly, the cook appeared and yelled at him. He ran off into the halls, slumping against the wall. Munching on the fish-sticks, Siva headed to where his dorm was supposed to be.

"Hope I don't have a roomie...I'd like to sleep without snoring." He let out a quiet, inaudible meow, and snapped his fingers. The hood he was wearing changed into one without ears, and Siva pulled on his headphones.
Rani (played by DoctorWho_)

Double-checking her schedule, she sighs. "Well, it looks like I already missed two classes. I'd better go find my dorm, then..." She whispers. Walking down the hall, her beret slips down her head, falling into her hands. "Oh well..."

"Dorm, dorm, dorm.... my dorm!" Coming up to a dormitory, she opens it with a key. The door slides open, revealing a plain dorm room. "Yes! This is a great room," She says, smiling.

Hanging up a few outfits in her closet, and laying a few books on her bed, she's happy. Rani gasps, realizing she's spent a good 20 minutes in this room. She has to grab her gym clothes; a plain white tank top and grey sweatpants. "Okay, okay, I have... 5 minutes! Dang!" She mutters to herself. Pushing open the door, she scurries to change and get to her next class; Combat.
Siva (played anonymously)

"Mreow! The time I've wasted! Dammit, gotta run!" He ran off towards his next class, schedule in hand along with a few unfinished fish-sticks jammed into his backpack.

He skidded to a stop in front of the entrance to the classroom. Siva glanced inside, not seeing Comet anywhere. He sighed and slid into a desk, pulling his headphones on and shutting out the incessant chatter.

Siva brushed a hand through his messy hair and glanced at the door, waiting impatiently for the class to start. He wanted to take a catnap later in his dorm room. Maybe after snacking on those leftover fish-sticks. Yum.
Wendy Marvel (played by Nestea)

Wendy runs as fast as she can to the school. People were everywhere, blocking her way. "Finally! I can see the school!" There was no time to waste. She runs into the school, with her blue hair drenched in sweat. She was way too tired to speak.
"I'm Wendy Marvel... in freshman year... huff..."
"You're late, young lady."
"I know! Sorry!" Wendy quickly grabbed her schedule. She missed the first three classes already.
"Maybe I'll take a look around my dorm first..." Wendy says in a quiet voice.
Walking towards a dormitory, she grabs her keys and opens the door. Setting her backpack on a desk, she looks around the dorm. The plain white walls and the wooden, creaky floor. It wasn't exactly what she wanted to stay in, but oh well.
"I should head to my next class now. I can't be late for another class" Wendy says as she grabs her backpack and slams the door loudly behind her.

rolled 3d6 and got 16

Logan Wortham (played by lunan)

Logan watched as the class that had arrived around 5:30 left, their muscles undoubtedly sore and hair sticking to their foreheads. He had an off period after this one, and he was rather looking forward to it. He needed a nice cup of tea.

So, he sat, and he waited. There wasn't much to do while he waited for the almost always late second class.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » War Of Wings (To Join look at description)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus