Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » War Of Wings (To Join look at description)

Seraphina (played by FroggyGurl) Topic Starter

She slung her satchel over her shoulder and headed to her next class. "Hmm..Combat. Weird, but okay." Seraphina stopped at the showers to change into a black tank top and shorts. She exchanged her pair of red Vans for tennis shoes.

Seraphina entered the room, and glanced around. Looked like a gym to her, and nobody but the teacher was there. She resisted the urge to bow formally and waved. "Hullo!" She handed her purple schedule to the man.
Rani (played by DoctorWho_)

Rani enters the room; a gym; and sees only the teacher and another girl. She walks to the girl, and introduces herself.

"Hi! I'm Rani! What's your name?" Rani asks, smiling shyly.

"Seraphina." She replies.

Sitting against the wall, she closes her eyes, breathing deeply. This was going to be a hard class; Eani hated violence.

'Why does there have to be a combat class? Couldn't we just watch like, a video on violence? Not that that would be any better... Ugh. Combat, violence, and hurt specificly, is the stupidest piece of junk ever created...' Rani thinks.

rolled 1d8 and got 6
What is this option?

Wendy Marvel (played by Nestea)

Wendy held onto her purple schedule tightly. I really hope I'm in the right classroom...Wendy thinks as she enters a classroom. The only people inside were a teacher and 2 girls. She greeted the teacher politely and handed the purple schedule to him.

Sitting away from the girls, Wendy took a seat in the corner and tugged her ponytails. Combat classes... I wonder how that will be...
Siva (played anonymously)

He trudged out of the class, annoyed as hell. The girl behind him had kept on passing him lovenotes. Siva growled, glancing at his schedule. "Combat...hmm. Sounds cool enough." He smiled, flashing his sharp canines.

He headed towards the classroom, after dressing in a grey sleeveless shirt and some shorts. Siva regretfully had put his headphones up in his locker as well, keeping only his hoodie. He entered, glancing around. He spotted the teacher and a few desks off to the side, seating a few girls.

"Hullo ladies." Siva said politely, waving at them. "Has anyone seen a blonde girl?" They shook their heads in response.

He handed his form to the teacher, thinking, This dude is a bit grizzly..hey, like the bears here! He felt his toes sink into the gym mat, and resisted the urge to curl up on it. Siva quickly sat in a seat before losing himself. He glanced at the girl he plonked down by. "Hullo...so, have you seen a blonde-haired girl around here? Named Comet?"

Raising her head, Wendy turned her head and rubbed her eyes. Her eye lids were getting heavy and it was hard to resist the urge to close them and fall asleep.
"Huh?... I haven't seen a blond-haired girl.. (yawn)"

Turning her head away from the student, Wendy rested her head on top of her arms.
Gabriel Valentine (played by Bryaphite)

Gabriel waltzed into Combat, rather cockily. His body had finally adjusted to the empowering aura of the school, and he appeared noticeably calmer. The private school didn't offer any proper "team" sports; the combat course was the closest thing they had.

Gabriel's grey eye twitched in anticipation of the physical exertion soon to come, while his gold glinted at his potential rivals. Gabriel handed his schedule to the apparent instructor; his clothing was so casual he seemed to be a student.

Gabriel took a spot in the corner, a short distance away from Seraphina and the group of girls. Arms crossed in front of his broad chest as he awaited the instructors orders.
Logan Wortham (played by lunan)

Logan watched as the students entered with a feigned interest, taking their schedules as they handed them to him, but the one that had just come in, he regarded with a cold eye, sitting up straight and broadening his shoulders. He had never liked cocky people. A part of him may have been cocky, but that was something he didn't have control of, and he didn't even particularly like that part of him. However, he took the schedule, laying it down as he eyed the boy down.

"How many of you are there?" His voice rang out, hushing the quiet chatter that had begun to chime up as they lost interest in his seemingly intimidating stature.

The answer rang out as five or six. It was by far his smallest class; he usually had about fifteen or eighteen kids in here.

"Okay. All here. Well, I'm Mr. DeVare, and if I like you, you can call me Logan. I teach combat and no, I'm afraid videos do not even begin to touch what I'm gonna teach you guys in this class. You'll probably know how to use almost every weapon on earth with every technique from every hemisphere by the time you're done with this school. Oh, yeah, um... sorry, but this isn't a year long class. It goes over multiple years. So try not to make me angry and I won't make this class... too hard."

Rani whimpers, pushing her back to the wall. Mr. DeVare glared at her. It was like the teacher was reading her mind... Well, if he was, 'This teacher is insane or something...' Rani thinks.

Sighing, she straightens up. Being a wimp won't get her anywhere.

Thoughts are racing through her head, making it throb. Most of them were the fact she was going to snap during this class. Her mind was going to break and Rani was going to be left with a broken mind and the mental stability of someone in an insane asylum.
Griffin (played by ParadoxicalPhoen)

Griffin woke up. He rolled over in his dorm bed, checking his phone for the time. Crap! He'd slept through two classes. He levitated his schedule and supplies off the desk as he ran out the door. What was next-- combat?! That probably meant gym. He sprinted down the halls, throwing open the door to the correct room. A teacher was already beginning to speak-- an intimidating man with a strong, clear voice. Griffin saw a few students in the classroom already.
"Sorry if I'm late," Griffin said, handing his schedule to the teacher.

Rani looks at the boy. "H-h-hi..." She whispers. Her eyes start to turn darker, and she looks back at the ground. Now she has to get out of here... Crawling to get her things, Rani makes for the door, her eyes now a dull grey. "I... I have to go..." As she closes the door, Rain runs back to her dorm and falls onto her bed, the door cracked open.
Comet (played anonymously)

She grabbed her things and dashed out of the class. "Well, I'll be damned, that class was the most boring one of the day!"

Comet glanced over and saw a brown-harpies girl run out of the gym. Curious, she followed the girl to her dorm. "Are you okay there?"

Logan watched as the boy entered, and just frowned, a rather easy punishment for the boy. "You are," he said, then got up as he sat himself down.

"Okay. I'm gonna need guys lined up over here," he said, gesturing to the left, "and girls over here." He added, and once they had done that, he leaned backwards over his desk and opened a drawer, taking out a hunting knife with a dull blade.

"This is the first thing all of you are going to get. If you don't have it when you come to class, you'll be running simulations without it, and that'll fail you. You'll have to repeat this whole school experience then," he said. "I'll weight it to your needs. If yours feels too heavy or too light, tell me. I won't get angry if you do, but I will get angry if you don't." He said, tossing the knives casually to each person. "This class will leave you sore, no doubt about it, unless you're a heavyweight champion. I teach this class ten times a day, though, and have been for twenty years, so no, I don't get sore. But you guys? By the end of today you'll be sore in places you never knew it was possible unless you were doing it incorrectly," he said, going back to lean on his desk.

"Today we're going to choose what you're going to be specializing in. It depends on you how long it takes and how hard the process is. There's about fifty simulations in this place, and each of them are pretty testy. Do what I say, when I say, and don't try to be a wonder child with a new technique. Otherwise, I'll make you run the simulations without a knife--once again, making you fail, and the process being quite painful."

"I'm going to start you all out throwing the knives at targets. I'm aware these are not throwing knives, but I'm also aware that anyone that's gonna pass can throw a dull blade. So, chop chop, over to the targets," he said, getting up and waiting for them to start walking.
Siva (played anonymously)

He walked over to the targets, holding a knife in hand. Just like throwing a Tail-Blade, he thought, and aimed at the target.

Siva threw the knife like a dart, only making it spin through the air. He almost missed the target, the knife had landed barely on it. Siva picked up another, running a hand through his blonde hair. "Dammit..you're better than this. Those other ones you threw in Faria were dull too." He murmured to himself, and threw the knife. It did the same as the other, but a bit closer towards the middle.

He frowned, thinking that'd he'd probably fail this. Eh. Doesn't hurt to try again.

Wendy frowned as she walked slowly towards the target. She didn't like this class at all but she didn't want to fail. Just throw the knife at the target, Wendy. It'll be simple she said to herself, silently

Wendy pulled her small arm back and threw the knife at the target with all her might. The knife landed on the very edge, quite far from the middle. Picking up another knife, she threw it. The knife flew and missed the target. With a discouraged look on her face Wendy took another knife. Trying once more, she focused her eyes at the center of the target and threw the knife. The knife landed close to the middle, causing a large grin to appear. Looking around her surroundings, a few of her fellow classmates looked discouraged. Maybe I won't fail this class... hopefully.
Griffin (played by ParadoxicalPhoen)

Griffin made his way over to a target. Okay, so this obviously wasn't a normal school with a normal gym class; he'd found that out by now. He rolled his shoulders a bit and bounced on the balls of his feet, sizing up the target he was facing. Gripping the knife in his hand, he drew his hand back and hurled the dull blade at the target with all the strength he had. The knife sailed clean over the target and hit the wall with a dull thud.
Griffin muttered something under his breath and reached for another. This time, he threw it a little gentler and a bit lower, aiming for the middle. It clipped the edge, taking off a tiny piece of the material with it before hitting the wall again. Narrowing his eyes in determination, he grabbed the last one and threw it, watching it fly through the air. It spun and hit the target, barely teetering on the edge before falling and clattering to the ground. Griffin looked up at the ceiling in defeat. Great. He was so going to fail this class.

Rani looks up. "I don't know..." She says. "I hate that s-stupid combat class... are you Comet?"

"Yes..." She replied.

"A b-boy in the gym was l-looking for you."

Rani's eyes started to lighten, and she felt better. As Comet left, Rani grabbed her journal and started to write.
Gabriel Valentine (played by Bryaphite)

It wasn't that Gabriel meant to behave cockily, he was just naturally confident in this environment. Gabriel had a flat expression on his face when Logan puffed his chest out at him, though he was irritated at the immaturity of the teacher. He knew better than to let it show on his face; the man taught the combat class, and would probably give him hell if Gabriel got on Logan's nerves.

Gabriel threw the dull knife at the target several times, missing only the first time. his other throws landed closer to the middle of target, though they were nowhere near dead-center. Gabriel quickly grew bored with the exercise, he began using throws as pot-shots.

Gabriel raised the knife to a normal throwing position, before flinging it at the target. It was only the second time he missed, and the blade didn't hit the wall; however, the smooth wooden handle of the knife was embedded up to the crossguard in the concrete wall itself. Gabriel's eyes grew wide, and as soon as his immediate neighbors were done throwing, he jogged down to the targets to retrieve it, hoping no one had noticed. Fortunately, end of the knife's hilt was the largest part, making it easy to pull the knife out by the blade. Gabriel went back to throwing the knife softly, actually aiming at the targets, waiting to be told he could stop.

Rani looks up from writing and gets up. Her eyes are light green, indicating happiness. Still wearing her gym clothes, Rani walks down the hall towards the gym.

'I'm not weak. I'm not a wimp. I can do this.' She thinks. Opening the door, Rani says, "I'm back."

After the others threw knives, Rani grabbed one and threw it at the target. It hit the wall. Rani grabbed another one and threw, this time levitating it. They were looking at her. Crap. Shee made it fall, a detirmined look on her face.

Rani went forward, grabbed it, and threw it again. It hit the edge of the target, while Rani cursed under her breath. It flew back into her hand, and she threw it again. It hit about 3 feet away from the center. 'There. I threw some knives. Happy?' Rani thought.

"Stop, stop," Logan said, his face mirroring pitiful sadness. They were so bad.

"Let me show you guys how to throw these," he said, taking a hunting knife out of his drawer--this one with an actual tip--and walking over to the targets, motioning over a student so that he was in front of the target.

"You face the target sideways, whatever foot that is on the side you throw on behind the other," he said, doing as he said, his feet shoulder width apart. "And watch," he said, rearing back his arm and flinging the knife into the target, the knife burying itself hilt deep into the dead center of the target.

It almost knocked over, the stilts it was standing on rocking around in the holder they were placed in. It seemed the only thing that stopped the knife from barreling through to hit the wall was the silver plate that separated the hilt from the blade. "There. Let me show you again," he said, going back and repeating it, only slower and talking them through what he was doing.

Rain pulled a knife off the table and arranged her feet. She threw the knife, and, trying to cover up what she was doing, levitated it and made it hit the center. "Yes!" Rain whispered.
"Like that?" Rain asks, smirking.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » War Of Wings (To Join look at description)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus