Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » War Of Wings (To Join look at description)

Wendy Marvel (played by Nestea)

Wendy faced the target sideways and pulled back her arm. Clutching a dull knife tightly in her hand, her eyes focus on the center of the target as she flings the knife with power. The knife does not hit the middle, but it lands much closer than her past attempts.

"I just need to keep on trying. Practice makes perfect. Keep concentrating, Wendy" Wendy says silently to herself as she walks toward the target to retrieve the dull blade.

Clutching the blade in her hand, she pulls back her arm and gets ready to throw the blade. She felt more relaxed this time. Wendy flings the blade with all her strength and a warm smile melts onto Wendy's face as the blade lands in the center.
No worries. I'll get better and better. Wendy thought as she retrieved the blade.
Logan Wortham (played by lunan)

Logan raised an eyebrow. "No, not like that," he said. He'd caught how the knife had trembled in her hand slightly while her hand was grasping air. "That may be able to get the knife in the target but it won't save you for another few years of constant practice," he said, going up and getting her knife out of the target.

"I'm not against you using whatever got you into this school, but that's later on and I'll tell you if you can. It's a bit of a process, too, because I have to get you someone to help tutor you on whatever your skill is. So, basically, until I tell you you have a tutor to train with, you're not going to be using anything but your normal human muscles. S.S. (super strength) guys included," he said, directing it to all of the students.

"Try again," he said to Rani, standing beside her.
Siva (played anonymously)

Siva sighed. The humans native to this planet believed Farians like him had normal human muscles since they resembled each other. He already tried to pretend like he was a weak one. Frustration began eating away at him, dropping his facade.

He picked up the knife and threw it, his irritation causing him to use his full power on it, which made it land spot onto the target. Siva mentally face-palmed, almost revealing his Farian power. Glancing at the teacher, he attempted to move it so it seemed like the knife barely latched onto the target.
Camille stared at the clock on her nightstand with disinterest, knowing full well that she was skipping Combat class. She was not interested in such a subject, mostly because her physical capabilities were subpar. All of the magically-inclined schools she had previously intended included a Combat training course; they were all rigorous, demanding, and cruel, especially to the frail-bodied students such as Camille.

She was not worried about her grade dropping. It was the first day and she was certain that nothing too productive would be going on. Worse comes to worst, she could always lie and say she arrived really, really late on move-in day, so attending class was out of the question. Of course, there was the matter of her other teachers confirming her attendance...

"Miss Camille?"

"Yeah?" Camille inquired toward the soft voice. "Who's there?"

"My name is Emil," the young ghost whispered, revealing himself before her in a cloud of thin mist, "and I must tell you that you are in grave danger. All of the students are."

"Huh?" the necromancer exclaimed with bewilderment. "What do you mean?"

Emil wafted over to her seat on the floor and rested his glazed eyes on her.

"You didn't know? You can't sense all of these creatures?"
Rani (played by DoctorWho_)

"Okay, I won't use it. But I don't need a tutor to help me. I know how to use my power," Rain says. Rain smirked, grabbing her knife.

Throwing the knife at a target, it hit the center. "There. No powers, just my hands and a knife. Happy?" Rain asks. "Again, like that?"
Siva (played anonymously)

"Urm...I'll be going now..my next class is up.." He darted out of the classroom and went into his dorm, locking the door behind him. He added a chair to that too.

"BLEGH...why..." Siva flopped into his bed, rolling around in it. "Mreow...so soft.." He flipped on his hood, transforming into his cat form, and curled up onto the bed.
Wendy Marvel (played by Nestea)

Wendy sighed. The class was boring and it wasn't getting any better. Throwing knives after knives... exactly what Wendy disliked. Wendy quietly walked away from the targets and went closer to the doors. If I can quietly slip out of the gym, I can go back to my dorm Wendy thinks as she waits for the teacher to get distracted. She quickly takes a chance and slips of the big doors and runs to the dormitory. She unlocks the door and quietly slams it behind her. Locking the door, Wendy takes a seat on her bed.

I should probably unpack a little bit Wendy thought as she pulled out a picture out of her bag. In the picture was Wendy's foster mother, a dragon. Wendy gently places the picture on her nightstand and puts a few outfits in her closet. Wendy changes into a much more comfortable outfit. A long sleeved shirt with two small button on the center, a pair of soft pants and running shoes. Opening her notebook, Wendy begins writing while gnawing on a chocolate bar.

Logan raised an eyebrow at her retort, but watched silently as she threw the knife.

He walked over quietly to grab the knife, pulling the knife out easily, walking back with a smirk as he flipped it in the air, the dull metal glinting with its polish as he walked to Rani.

"I want you to fight me. Using whatever you got, whatever abilities you think you need. If you don't want to fight me and end up with way more bruises than necessary, I'm going to need you to see me whenever your classes are over. And no, you can't skip out on this, because I can--and will--find you," he said, handing her her knife with the blade in his hand, taking his own and throwing it back into the target he'd ruined earlier.

Her competitive side, the side where she loves violence and pain, starts to leave her. "F-fight you?" Rani asks shakily. "And I somehow know I'll fail and end up in intense pain..." She whispers. 'Oh god...' She thinks, closing her eyes. 'Oh. God.' "I... I don't want to fight you..."

Rani's eyes start to become a darker and darker shade of grey. She stands there, a knife in her hand, mentally crying.
Griffin (played by ParadoxicalPhoen)

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! You want this girl to fight you?!" Griffin asked. He walked over and stood next to the girl. "I'm a telekinetic, too," he added to her in a low whisper. He grinned and faced the teacher again. "Yes, this is combat, combat equals fighting, fighting can happen anywhere at anytime, but most of us couldn't even... Even... um..." He stuttered and came to a halt under Mr. DeVare's cold gaze. "My point is, I'd like to fight you too."
Griffin mentally slapped himself again. What had he just done? He could very well end up as a half-dead pile of bruises and blood by the end of today. But maybe it was for the better.
Annabeth (played by caramelkitkat)

( teleptahic message )

Annabeth walked up to the huge days of the school, she sighed knowing that she was at least three days late...oh well.... she had managed to escape the dreaded orphanage at last and was planning on changing her name, not too soon, just so she would not get caught.

walking inside, she saw many other students handing around in the lobby, sounds of yells and clangs of metal coming from further down the hallway... swordfighting?

she made her way up to the receptionist... who rudely pushed a sign in form in front of her before turning back to her darn computer to play an online dating game.

' what the heck... ' annabeth thought. she was angry, but weirded out.

' you shouldent be so rude to people '

the receptionist looked around confusingly before turning back to annabeth.
" im sorry was there something you wanted? "
Annabeth handed the now filled in sheet which was exchanged for the weeks lesson plan.
" no thankyou im fine now " she smiled, and made her way off to her fist lesson. combat...

she sighed and made her way to the classroom which apparently
was the same one she had heard the noises from.

' oh well ' she thought

Rani smiles. "Wait, let me ask you something, Mr. DeVare. By 'Find me', do you mean, if I drop out and move back to my house, you'll track me down? If that's so, I'm going to have to travel the world. And end up right back at this school. Great," She adds. Rani grips the knife tighter, her eyes brightening.

Logan ignored the childish remark from Rani, instead focusing on the blonde boy in front of him now. He raised his eyebrows. "No you don't," he said, crossing his arms. "And I'll need Ms. Everyone to stop being a hero, because you guys still have five lessons to go until you are," he said, smiling at his own joke.
Griffin (played by ParadoxicalPhoen)

Griffin narrowed his eyes. Something about this man made his confidence falter.
"Well, then, sir, I'll leave you two to fight for no particular reason. I've got a math class to get to."

He smiled and waved, mouthing a silent Good luck to the telekinetic girl. He disappeared out the door, a sinking feeling in his heart as he left the classroom behind. He passed by the math classroom and headed up to his dorm instead, where he tried to unlock it. Nothing happened. He frowned before checking the room number again.

"Whoops... sorry, wrong room..." he said distractedly. He wandered down the hall, tossing his keys from one hand to the other noisily.

Rani grips the knife tighter. "I'm not trying to be a'hero'. But what I 'am' is expecting a knife in my arm. And I was expecting it from you, Mr. DeVare. But I guess I could do it. See?" She takes the knife and digs it into her arm. Rani winces, biting her lip. "Oh god..." She moans.

Shakily pulling out the knife and dropping it, Rani has to bite her lips to stop from screaming. Her eyes look at Mr. Devare, who is standing there.

"I stabbed myself. I can handle pain. And I will end up with more bruises than nessacary. Because I will be giving them to myself" Bending down to retrive the knife, Rani grabs it. She takes the knife again, and digs it into her other arm. Letting her arm drop to her side, she stands there, a knife dug into her arm. "I... can... handle... pain..." Rani moans. "S-see? And I guess I will be coming back. Unless... I drop out of this class.."
Gabriel Valentine (played by Bryaphite)

Gabriel was going to stay and watch the fight, hopefully getting the chance to spar with Mr. Devare himself. His jaw dropped when Rani stabbed herself; it made absolutely no sense at all to try and get out of a fight that way. People got out of fights to avoid being hurt; in Gabriel's mind, Rani earned herself a place at the top of Gabriel's Stupidest-People-I've-Ever-Met list.

Gabriel had guessed that something supernatural was going on at the school, but he still wasn't sure how he'd tied into it; as far as he knew, he hadn't possessed any extraordinary abilities before he came to this school, though his strength had definitely been increased significantly since arriving.

Rani stands there, a knife in her arm, letting her blood drip out. Her head is throbbing, her vision is blurry. The knife falls to the ground, the point drenched in blood. "C-can I leave now? I need to go clean my arms before class..." Rani asks, her voice cracking now. "And.. I kid of want to keep the knife."

Levitating the knife, she takes it and walks to the door. Opening the door, she starts to cry as she closes it behind her.

Running to her dorm, she falls on the bed. Rani pulls out a water bottle, spillig the contents on her arms. Then she wraps two bandanas over her wounds, the fabric becoming red. "Oh god, what have I done..." Rani asks.
Philosofia (played by Philosofia)

Philosofia sat at her office, absentmindedly doing calculus. Sadly, it is possible to do that.
Three crisp, clear knocks came at the door, and a voice said, "Mail from the Westerfield Academy, Ma'am." A golden letter with imperial crimson trim was handed to her. Apparently the letter was from a 'Westerfield High' somewhere. She opened the letter. Etc... etc... Something about money... Etc... Ah, here we are! Teaching position? wondered Philosofia, as she scrutinized the letter. Well, this was interesting. She pulled out a medium-sized navy suitcase and began packing. After she was done, she replied to tepee letter: Will accept, heading to Westerfield now, much gratitude for including address. @Other Philosophers and Learnists: Will be taking leave, will occasionally be back. Love all, Phi
Philosofia-Wait... Professor Philosofia headed to Westerfield Academy.
|£|Westerfield|£|
"Ah, is this the Academy?" Asked a curious Philosofia as she walked in the main door.
(Froggy, I give permission to godmod for what I do when I reach office, like how I get my office or something. Also, could I be professor for Folding magic?)
Veata (played by caramelkitkat)

Veata could only watch as the poor girl brought the knife up and dug it into her flesh. She cringed, she brought the knife up again.
" NO! " she yelled and threw her own knife across the room, it hit the handle of the other knife and knocked it from the girls hands, blood dripping all over the floor, it soaked the girls shirt, turning the fabric pure crimson.
It made Veata feel sick.
The girl looked like she wanted to scream, but then again anyone would.
" shit, sir I'm going to take her to the nurse " Veata said frantically,
She grabbed the girl by her shoulders and guided her outside without a response from the teacher, all was now silent in the classroom.

" what were you thinking?! " Veata hissed her voice quickly softened " we need to get you cleaned up"

Veata lifted up her dress and tore two long strips of fabric from her dress, the nurse according to her map of the school, was all the way on the other side of the building on the first floor.
This would do for now.

She wrapped the fabric tightly around the girls arms and carried on walking, after a minute she knocked on the door and the nurse answered it.

" yes? Oh dear!! Bring her in quickly "

Veata did so.

"I don't know what I was thinking. Even if I didn't, I think he would have stabbed me himself..." Rani whispers.
"I just want to go back to my dorm...and sleep... my arms are fine, just a little blood." She adds, her eyes crossing.

"Just a little blood? Both your arns are stabbed with a knife!" The nurse exclaims.

"It's fine... I just want to go back to my dorm... please?" Rani tries to get to the door, nearly falling against it."Yeah, I'm fine..."

Trying to get to her dorm, Rani glances at the gym door. 'Keep going. Don't think about that room.' Her arms start to burn.
Finally, she's able to fall on her bed and go to sleep...

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » War Of Wings (To Join look at description)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus