Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » The positive negative thread.

Sanne Moderator

WITH A TWIST!

Ever felt desperately frustrated? Just couldn't deal with all the bad things in life anymore? Let us know what's been running across your liver (It's a German saying XD ) and for every bad thing you list, you must find something positive in it!

Not only will you find yourself relieved from finally sharing it with someone, you will also have a much brighter outlook on life again. :) Be thankful and enjoy it!

Examples:

- Thank you kitty for scratching my sofa to hell. I needed an excuse to get a new one!

- Thank you insane person who almost pushed me off the road. I have a newly found appreciation for the bland and calm drivers who stick to the speed limit.

- Thank you rain for making me spend the day indoors. My house hasn't been this clean in a long time.
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

Dear awfully slow computer network at work, thank you for making my super slow netbook feel like the fastest super computer in the world. I don't know if I would appreciate it as much as it deserves without you.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

The paint on the prop Mass Effect gun I've been making is taking ages to dry. On the other hand, plenty of time to get other things done while I wait :)
Tabasco, thank you for wandering around my room, getting into all sorts of mischief. You make me get up and walk around after you... which is generating body heat to keep me warm. <3

Dear rude customers, thank you for being so mean, impatient and directing your anger at the wrong person. I have learned how to be nice to people who do jobs like mine, knowing how tough it is, and found that everyone genuinely wants to help me because of my niceness. You rock!

Dear team coaches, thank you for burdening me with insane amounts of work today and demanding I do the job for three. I actually feel I accomplished something I thought impossible.
Kim Site Admin

Thank you, awfully protracted and vicious cold that has been mostly keeping me in bed. You have demonstrated how awesome my support network is in the form of delicious home cooked meals delivered to me in my den of illness.

Dear litterbox, I hate the way you smell, but I love how easy it is to clean you up!
Thank you people who disappear at work and don't do anything.....because of you i have to do two to three times as much work to cover your duties (not to mention it makes me not like you at all), but also because of you i got a great performance review from my bosses =D
Thank you freezing cold work environment. It gets annoying trying to work with borderlining frostbitten finger tips. However you give me an excuse to move about randomly in order to vent excess energy which thus in turn generates body heat. And your a blessing on them scolding hot summer days when the AC at home just isn't enough.
Dear incessant snow, thank you for coming today. Even though you have not stopped or slowed down all day, you have given me inspiration to write and have gotten my little sister out of the house.
Dear Mom, thanks for giving me your cold. It makes me appreciate how strong my immune system is compared to when I was a little kid.

... and I get to go around the house going "Ooooh look out! I have a cold! I might sneeeeeze on yooou!" It's a good excuse to act like a goober to cheer myself back up. :D
Dear power, even though you are flicking on and off every half hour, making us reset the router every time to regain internet access, thank you for at least coming back to us.
Dear cold!

Thanks for making me sicker than a dog, and forcing me to rest up >.> needed to catch up on sleep anyway.

Dear belly pains, thank you for making me feel SO much better when you're finally gone!
CelestinaGrey wrote:
Dear incessant snow, thank you for coming today. Even though you have not stopped or slowed down all day, you have given me inspiration to write and have gotten my little sister out of the house.

Snow! o.o where! *bolts up and looks hopefully out the window* damn! it's certianly cold enough here, but I dont see any flakes *located in canada*
Thank you, cat, for peeing on the bed. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have turned on the washing machine until Monday, and the bf would have been out of socks.

Thank you person for showing me your true, awful colors. I feel much closer to my other friends now. <3
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Now that's one I can agree with as well!
Seconding that agreement and quoting that one in my heart!

Also I still have a cold, but thankfully it's "stable" and isn't getting any worse. I'm still appreciating my immune system, cold! :D
Thank you supervisor for being a jerk to me for calling in after I put my dog down completely unexpectantly, you really made me thankful for all my compassionate friends and family.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » The positive negative thread.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus