Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » survivor-ish RP (full) (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

SickViking Topic Starter

I am but we still need one more chaperone :<
I had said that I would be willing to double up with characters if we can't get anyone to join with a chaperone.
SickViking Topic Starter

Alright, who would you play as? If you wanna double up since I don't think Harvest is going to reply again.

Do we wanna have a reason for them to be on the plane? And I think they can crash because of random engine failure. Another thing we should think about is what sort of things they will actually have with them. There would be pillows and possibly blankets on the plane itself, and then there are the parts of the plane that maybe someone can think of a good use for in an emergency. There's probably a first aid kit as well; not a super well stocked one, but with some band-aids, alcohol swabs, neosporin, possibly an ace bandage or two. A fire extinguisher and maybe a small mechanics toolbox. Not sure what else. And then whatever each character brought with them to have on a few days trip. Not sure how long they expected to be gone for or if they would have dressed for cold weather or warm.

((I only popped on really quickly, I have to go to the store and see if I can find a new keyboard and I have to find an air compressor.))
I always carry my riot shield. It was a 'gift'. The sword can be left at home.
SickViking Topic Starter

How would he get something like that past security? Would it fit in your suitcase?
Of course not, silly! :-D He has a very convincing medical card that says the shield keeps him sane. ;-) Without it, he becomes insane. But it's not really true, that's why I said 'very convincing'. ;-)
I'm thinking either Colin or Ren, they're the only two I can see fitting into a situation like that.

Perhaps it a trip for a special program that the school has for a few days.

I don't think it's very realistic for someone to have a riot shield on a plane, the average sort of person let alone a kid wouldn't have one.
Ema Schrodenger (played by Wildfire6)

I don't know how the riot shield would fit into the rp or how his backstory would go, might want to send that the way of Emma's mutations. Ema would have a couple books,a ponytail holder, a bit of money, a candy bar and her jacket with her. A couple changes of clothes, her phone (but I'm gonna say it's dead), a little sunscreen (because she is pale pale pale)or bug repellent, a hairbrush and basic toiletries and another pair of shoes if she can get her suitcase. At least that's my packing habits, and it seems about right for her.

I have a link to a checklist of normal things to have on a plane if anyone wants to use it.
SickViking Topic Starter

Umm...I'm sorry but that sounds incredibly unlikely and I highly doubt he would be allowed in a school if he had that sort of problem. My suspension of disbelief only goes so far. A more likely scenario, if you really cannot play him as not having it, is if he stored it secretly in a large suitcase, wrapped in clothing and put in with the rest of the non-carry-on luggage, which the kids will have easy access to after the plane crashes. Thats kinda the only reasonable scenario where I can see myself shrugging off all the plot-holes in him having a riot shield with him.
Ema, you more than anyone should know why I insist on having the shield. I SHALL MAKE IT FIT!:-D

Edit: SUITCASE IDEA SHALL WORK!:-D Thanks for the idea. :-)
Also, he really, really likes the shield. :P

It isn't even horribly useful in this type of rp though... besides, he's pretty capable without it
I doubt that a riot shield would fit in luggage very well without the air port security being suspicious of something.
Ema: There are ways. >:)
Oher: The note can be placed on the shield as a back up plan. ;-)
SickViking Topic Starter

Oher: Ugh, I forget who those two are. T^T Do you have them on RPR already? I guess it doesn't matter as long as one of them has some survival skill. It'd be hard if Craven was the only one who did.
Maybe a trip to another school?

Emma: Her phone can stay alive, there will be no cell signal, but it would be very useful to tell time with. It may die eventually depending on how long the RP takes.

Abe: I still have an incredibly hard time believing he would have it. Why is it that he would carry one in a realistic world like the one this RP is taking place.
Edit: And the note would be useless. The moment its found, the teachers would discredit it or he'd be left out of the trip as a danger to the other students. What if something happens and he looses the shield. The teachers have to think of the other students safety and if there is a kid who's gonna loose his marble if he doesn't have a riot shield of all things, that just sounds like such a no-go

Craven would probably have a few snacks, a brush, toothbrush, some hairties, maybe 4 regular shirts and two sweaters, and one or two changes of pants besides the one he's wearing. He also may have his own blanket and pillow since he can only sleep if he smells his own scent and despises the way hotels smell.
Colin already has one up, he's under others as well. He's suppose to be a collage student but it could be something where it was his old school and he agreed to help out (he's really 22 years old).

Ren is a professor from my story involving Illumina, he's the one that works with Akira.

Abe:It's a realistic world, not the Last Resorts Universe, I don't think it fits.

SickViking: Well then, I'll be employing my battery preserving tactics as well to make it last. It'd still be useful dead if anyone thinks to use it as a SOS (you can use it like a mirror to reflect light and let people know you're there. At least that's what was said in my survival class. Emma won't think of it, but she'd gladly volunteer it if someone needed something like that)

Also in general, could they tear up the wreckage? Like rip the cloth off the seats and use it as kindling and what have you?
SickViking Topic Starter

Also, I haven't heard anything from Rain in a few days so there is a possibility we're still at only one chaperone

Edit: Yes Emma that was exactly what I was thinking! Tearing up anything fabric that they can use for warmth. I don't think they'd use it for kindling though. Craven at least knows how to build a fire and as they are in a forest (albeit one covered in snow) There should be plenty of wood for a fire should they need it. (which they would; again, snow XD) They could tie off some fabric somehow to use as more blankets or to cover any holes that might be in the plane.
I may come to you for more survival information since I haven't gone to a class since before cellphones were even a regular thing for business O_O"
SickViking Topic Starter

Ohermichi wrote:
Colin already has one up, he's under others as well. He's suppose to be a collage student but it could be something where it was his old school and he agreed to help out (he's really 22 years old).

Ren is a professor from my story involving Illumina, he's the one that works with Akira.
Colin sounds believable. ^_^ but who would be easier for you to play?
Sick: As I said before, the note and his 'condition' are not real. It's just a way to bring his shield with him. The teachers know that it's not true.
Ema: Doesn't matter. He could still have it. Besides, Last Resorts is realistic with zombies, so it basically the same but w/o zombies.
I don't care either way who I play as.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » survivor-ish RP (full) (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus