Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Off to war (1x1)

Jack Terrance (played by LittleLuckyRed1)

( setting takes place in 1886, London. Battles were rare. Many British military regiments would never get a chance to engage in a full-on war. When told that a regiment was endowed the oppeetunity tovleave on such occasion, it would be highly celebrated. But for this soldier, it would not be a happy thing whatsoever...)

The rain poured heavily, windows fogged over at the corners and rims. Jack Terrance sat watching the clouds and busy city life. He held in his right hand a journal, while the other rested bellow his chin. "C'mon Terrance, don't make us wait. Lets go into town!" Jack looked back over his shoulder "In this weather?" He turned to gaze back onto the streets.

"You must be joking Jhonson." Jack heard steps then hands grabbing his shoulders. "I doubt you will melt into a puddle of nothingness. After all, its just rain." Jack smirked " Alright."
Vivian Frances (played by CelestinaGrey)

Vivian was with her friends in town, her companions having brought her to the local 'It' place. Everyone would come there to talk and socialize, and the girls were gossiping about soldiers being in town! Vivian simply giggled softly and listened to her friends speak in hushed tones, her eyes occasionally glancing around the room.
Jack Terrance (played by LittleLuckyRed1) Topic Starter

Jack dressed in a gray trench coat and a black cap. He joined with his friends as the walked out of London's military barracks. Truly these men still acted like boys. They would walk ontop the high stone walls and climb trees. "How much do you all bet, that i can run across the road without get rammed by one of these horrible drivers?" Now, Wesley Johnson was Jack's best mate, they were like brothers to one another. Johnson was the regiments "Jester", and daredevil. "Johnson dont be a bloody fool!" Jack laughed with a pearly white smile. Just so happened to be that they were right across the street from Towns Hall, were the town was celebrating the regiment, and also were all the young ladies were too.

The others, Jamesley,Admundson and Haplin, were all jeering Johnson on. Jack put his hands in the coat pockets, as he watched his closest friend run across the street, nearly getting hit twice. The cars honked loudly and the drivers yelled at them.

The girls heard the cars honking their horns and immediately rushed to the window. They saw Johnson and giggled and waved flirtatiously. Vivian simply smiled, shaking her head a little. Boys will be boys. One of the girls of the group gasped. "Oh goodness, I think they're the military boys! Vivian, go invite them in!"

Vivian laughed softly and smiled. "Very well, very well. If only to get them out of the wretched rain." She went over to the door and opened it, standing in the doorway. "Sir, would you and your friends like to come in? It is dry inside, and there is plenty to eat. My friends are also eager to make your aqquantince." She smiled warmly, her voice soft and lilting.

As the girls waved to Johnson, he would smile at them cheesily. When Wesley saw, and heard the blonde invite them in, he turned to the others across the road " Ya hear that gents? They want us inside, so get your bloody arses over 'ere before I go in and claim all the applause!"

Haplin would be next to run, and Jamesley would follow right after. Jack looked at Admundson "Wish me luck?" Admund stared at him wide eyed "Your not seriously going to pull that little stunt? You'll get yourself killed!" Jack smiled "You only live once Admund, so put a little thrill into it." With that Jack stepped onto the road and walked across, but kindly stopped if a car came by. "Your such a bore Terrance." Johnson stated as Jack got to the other side. They all looked at Admund, "C'mon Admund!" Yelled Haplin. Admund watched the passing cars. " I think I will just use the cross walk up ahead!" The others laughed and went inside. "Thank you, Miss." Jack said as he passed the girl.

Vivian watched nervously as the men all crossed the street, relieved though that they all made it safely. She gave a little bow of her head to Jack as he passed and thanked her. "It is a pleasure having you all here." she said with a warm smile. Her companions came over to immediately begin conversation with Jack and his friends. Vivian would chime in occasionally, but her friends were much more enthusiastic about the appearance of military men. Vivian was calm. Her companions on the other hand were talkative.

"Might I ask what possessed you men to go running through the rain?" asked Vivian, her tone light in teasing.

Jack smiled as he looked at Johnson "I believe, that that question should go to you Wes." Johnson looked around "Well do you really think i was going to miss a get together like this, with all these lovely ladies?" He said looking at the girls. Jack shook his head "Really Wes? Really?" Johnson smiled and winked at the girls.

Vivian giggled lightly. "I see. Well, I suppose if it is a reason that brought you here to our company, then you perhaps may be forgiven." She smiled at them all. Throughout the night, various discussions were made. Vivian's friends were trying (and trying to be subtle about it) to pair off with individual men from the group. And it seemed Vivian had been nudged Jack's way, without her being quite let in on the idea. The other girls convinced the rest of the men to go talk in various areas of the room, leaving Vivian alone with Jack.

She knew what was going on, because she knew her friends. Her cheeks colored a slight pink, but she carried on simple conversation. "Are you and your friends in town for long, soldier?" A warm smile touched her lips. "And I don't believe we have quite been introduced properly. I am Vivian Frances."

(P.s the profile picture represents him after the war)
Jack smiled "Jack Terrance, lieutenant of first company. And, well I'm not sure really." He sipped at a glass of wine. "But to tell you the truth, I have never actually been to war.. quite frankly I could go without having to." He set the glass down. He looked around at his friends, they seemed quite satisfied. Jack smiled shaking his head. " I have no idea how I'm going to lead these bloody fools, when I can't even keep them outta trouble."

Vivian smiled warmly back at him. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Terrance." She nodded slightly in understanding, sipping at her own glass. A glance was given to the other boys, and she giggled quietly. "I have a feeling that when push comes to shove, perhaps they will show their true mettle."

She focused then on him. "And what about you, Mr. Terrance? Are you? ready to llead them?"

He swallowed hard "That's a good question... I don't think I can answer to that miss Frances." He shifted in his seat as some light music began to play. He sipped from his glass once again. Johnson laughed "Don't you have something more gay to play for us? "

Jack sighed "That's Wesley... The jester.." he smirked. "He is my best mate. Like a brother to me." Jack stared as Wes started to dance with one of the girls.

Vivian smiled gently. When music played and Wesley started dancing, she laughed softly. "It is good, I think. To be so jolly during such dreary weather. It keeps the soul shining even without the aid of the sun. Don't you agree?" She smiled at Jack and took another sip from her drink.

"Do not be so nervous, Mr. Terrance. I trust in you. I am sure that, just as they will be, when the time comes you will be more than able to lead them into battle."

"Indeed I do." Jack smoothed the rim of the wine glass with his finger. "What do you do for a living? Or do you just get pulled about by your friends?" He hoped his words didn't offend her in the slightest. "I mean really, what do women like yourself do all day miss Frances?"

Vivian giggled softly. "I do get pulled about by my friends." she admitted. "I do like to be in the company of someone. Hmm...I enjoy reading. And sometimes, perhaps when the mood strikes me, I will write a little poetry. I also like walking in my garden."

She chuckled softly. "I'm sorry. My life must sound terribly boring to you."

He laughed, "No, no. It doesn't sound boring at all. " He smiled at her. "Actually its nice to see someone else influenced by writting, I do tend to be a slight poet as well. I must say it probably sounds a little soft, thar a man of military value spends his free time writting." Jack folded his arms.

Vivian leaned forward slightly, curious. "You write as well?" She was rather excited to hear this, actually. She smiled at him. "It does not sound soft at all. You do not need to be a cold-blooded killer to enter the military."

She glanced over at their dancing friends briefly, then back to him. "What do you like to write about the most? What inspires you, Mr. Terrance?"

"Hmm.." he scratched at the back of his head as though digging for a reply. "Peace, fear, death.. the things you hear all the time. I guess that's what influences me." He mimicked her lean. "And what of yourself?"

Vivian nodded in understanding. As the question was turned to her, she answered easily. "Nature. Flowers, trees, the grass, the breeze. The sun. Nature fills me up with inspiration until I simply cannot contain it."

Jack nodded. He stood coughing into his sleeve. "Pardon me for a moment." He turned and headed to the restroom, continuosly coughing. Wes looked over, " Jack?" He stopped dancing and followed.

Vivian watched Jack leave and stood up, going to meet Wes before the man could reach the bathroom. "Is he alright? He suddenly started coughing..." She was concerned, naturally. She would let Wes go into the restroom to check on his friend.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Off to war (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus